[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure why, probably because I've had a few belts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Fury-Drop-Zone.jpg (48KB, 728x428px) Image search: [Google]
Fury-Drop-Zone.jpg
48KB, 728x428px
I'm not sure why, probably because I've had a few belts of whiskey at 7 in the morning, but I felt the need to share this story of what being very close to a munition detonating is like.

>2007
>RPG detonated about 2 yards to the left of my head, and 1 yard behind me
>I don't know how to describe the sound, it was like a very short, very unpleasant sharp clapping sound that lasted a hundredth of a second
>suddenly I'm prone on the ground, my head hurts really really bad, worst headache imaginable
>try to stand up and fall over
>notice that my head is dripping blood
>all my exposed facial hair, neck hair, and arm hair has been burn off by a white hot flame
>I have what feels like a very bad sunburn over all exposed skin
>can't hear anything, I mean not a fucking thing. There was no eeeeee, just absolute and total silence
>try to stand up again, I have no sense of gravity. No sense of what is up or down. I feel like an infant trying to walk for the first time. Crumple over to my knees again
>my vision is closing in like an elevator door, there is blackness around the edge of my vision and what very little I can see is blurry, still can't hear anything
>I am dizzier than I have ever been, everything is spinning and every time I try to stand up or walk I faceplant into the ground
>eventually I get restrained and my BDUs cut off me to inspect for injures
>my helmet caught a piece of shrapnel about the size of a bottle cap that would have certainly killed me and went through my skull
>have 41 small holes in my shoulders and the back of my neck, most small about the size of a grain of sand, a couple bigger ones a little bigger than a pea
>get nine lined
>takes me 8 months to regain full mobility after a very severe concussion and loss of basic motor control, had to learn how to walk again, still get dizzy and vertigo from time to time, and I have to carry a notebook to write things down because sometimes I literally can't remember what happened 30 seconds ago
/blog
>>
File: smoke_up.jpg (652KB, 1697x2331px) Image search: [Google]
smoke_up.jpg
652KB, 1697x2331px
>>34155932
Jesus, anon. That's rough, but I'm glad you made it if the story's true. That's insanely lucky, even if it doesn't seem it.

Drinking whiskey at 7 sometimes seems necessary, but it won't help. I'm sure you've been told before, but it doesn't to much of anything, it just helps you ignore it and it gathers up and just comes on worse next time, but I'd also understand if you do it for physical pain. You need help, doctor or otherwise.

But I'm glad you made it, man. You made it through that, you'll pull through this.

If you don't mind my asking, how much of your hearing has come back?
>>
>>34155932
God bless, anon. You're a trooper.
>>
>>34156072
I know man, I'm fighting my alcoholism and doing my best to responsibly self medicate. I've given up on the V.A. and I have a sponsor. I really am lucky and I recognize that. By all logic I should absolutely be dead.
I am legally deaf, but I can understand people if they talk at a reasonable volume. It takes me a second to "decode" it though and I usually wear hearing aids.

>>34156133
Thanks buddy.
>>
>>34156072
The main thing I'm grateful about is that I'm not horribly disfigured or maimed in anyway. I have some minor burn scars on my forearms and some pretty gnarly scars on back, and the back of my head won't grow hair correctly, but that's a small price to pay for something that should have killed me. I don't know how I would have dealt with losing a limb or having my face ripped off... which I did see other servicemen recieve.
>>
>>34156309
Holy shit, I wasn't going to ask, but that's fantastic. God bless, anon, that's amazing. Keep on, you sound like you're handling it well as you can. It's difficult but you'll be alright. You got this.
>>
>>34155932
tank you for ur serbix
>>
>>34155932
did you get hearing damage?
>>
>>34155932
It's dumb luck that you survived, or a miracle.

Imagine if the dude firing the RPG would have chosen a HE/frag warhead.
>>
>>34156341
I'm doing pretty good. Thanks for the kind words.

>>34156351
I'm legally deaf in both ears, and a cunt hair away from being legally blind without corrective lenses.

>>34156405
It absolutely is a miracle. Just by some divine intervention of geometry I wasn't torn apart by shrapnel and debris, but the blast itself was pretty vicious
>>
>>34155932
I stubbed my toe this morning and it sucked.
>>
Has anyone here experienced a concussion grenade? If so, how was it?
>>
>>34156405
>Imagine if the dude firing the RPG would have chosen a HE/frag warhead.
those seem to be in short supply in the middle east
if those sand people got frag or thermobaric rounds that would be bad news bears
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.