[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since push feed rifles are cheaper and work just as well as controlled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Sako bolt faces.jpg (265KB, 1024x635px) Image search: [Google]
Sako bolt faces.jpg
265KB, 1024x635px
Since push feed rifles are cheaper and work just as well as controlled round feed, why do they still make controlled round feed? Does anybody actually think it's necessary?
>>
>>34155053
bolt rifles are better suited for precision shooting, and for a number of reasons
when you shoot and auto feed there is a lot of internal movement inside the weapon which can cause it to be off by however much
while a bolt rifle is simply click boom, you do the racking
not to mention that if your a sniper the last thing you want is for someone to see a glimmer off of some ejected brass when you take a shot
>>
controlled feed works upside down desu
>>
>>34155573
>>glimmer of ejected brass

wtf no
>>
They still make safari guns like that just incase you're getting chased by a lion and fall over with your bolt open.
>>
There's literally no reason for a bolt action not to be controlled feed.
>>
>>34155053
Because you can charge more $ for the controlled feed and people will buy them if you just say that it is more reliable.
>>
>>34155573
Do you know what controlled feed and push feed mean? Because I don't think you do.
>>
>>34155573
Fucking retard. Push/Controlled feeding has nothing to do with autoloaders at all.
>>
>>34155053
>he's never had to hang upside down from a helicopter and snipe people
>>
>>34155053
>not pulling siq noscope headshots with your Mauser while being thrown in the air by artillery bursting at your feet
Get a load of this push feed scrub.
>>
Gun illiterate but what is the difference?
Don't wanna be like >>34155573
>>
File: My life atm.jpg (123KB, 1067x653px) Image search: [Google]
My life atm.jpg
123KB, 1067x653px
>>34156612
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZZphk6JWfQ

and that's the way it is.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496514070423.jpg (69KB, 640x701px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496514070423.jpg
69KB, 640x701px
>>34155573
>>
Both seem about the same.

I can't see why you would choose one over the other.
>>
>>34155053
The most practical advantage for most shooters is increased extractor strength and reliability.
>>
>>34156741
Safari hunting : controlled feed is typically preferred because the reliability , while not much greater, is greater. The last thing you want to happen is to cycle the action and get a round's nose caught, with controled feed this is less likely to happen.

Alt, Push feed does better for faster shots and you can throw one in the chamber and go, push feed can be modified to do this , but it's not as simple.
>>
>>34155573
Not only do you not know what you're talking about but I don't think you know how to read

Go put your helmet and water wings back on and think about how stupid you are
>>
>>34156723
From this video, I get the impression that controlled round feed is probably more consistent + maybe more reliable and that push feed is a system that was adopted to save on manufacturing costs rather than because it represents a real performance improvement.

Can any of you who have a lot of experience with both systems confirm/deny whether this is the case? Also, are both systems used to the same degree in high-end guns, or does one of them dominate?
>>
>>34156798
most precision rifles use push feed because its easier to load single rounds.

Safari and really nice custom rifles tend to use a mauser style action for reliability.

really though there is not much difference.
>>
>>34155573
Whaling get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>34156798
You are correct. Nowadays it comes down to the shooter's preference, though.
Remington 700 actions and most other common/entry level hunting rifles are push-feed, which is fine for deer hunting.
Old military rifles like the Enfield and Mauser are controlled round feed, which is ideal under the high-stress and focus on movement during battle.

But hey, I prefer controlled round feed.

If all you do is target shoot, there isn't much difference.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.