[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can thumb cock fast enough to cause cylinder throw-over, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

I can thumb cock fast enough to cause cylinder throw-over, and this is my carry gun.

Will a longer bolt fix this, or a stronger bolt spring? I know fanning revolvers have perfect timing, so how is it accomplished?
>>
>>34153053
I mean, THAT ONE isn't.
>gunsinternational.com
sue me
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 384x288px
>>34153053
>this is my carry gun
>>
>>34153053
>bolt
Is this bait? I can't even tell anymore.
Summer needs to end.
>>
>>34153081
Where'd this gif come from?
>>
>>34153094
The internet
>>
the fuck do you mean bolt? and I would assume your cylinder stop would need a stronger spring if it's overtraveling from cocking
>>
>>34153093
Look up single action terminology, the bolt is the part that rises from the frame to lock up the cylinder.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/747220/colt-bolt-colt-single-action-army-carbon-steel-blue
>>
>>34153113
>>34153093
is this not a cantonese cowboy action shooting forum?
>>
>>34153118
So you mean cylinder stop. Again, look into a stronger cylinder stop spring? If you can't reproduce irregular travel on a slow cock, I would assume its not timing
>>
>>34153131
You're obv thinking of castboolits. Maybe go hang with some ancient fudds around your age there
>>
>>34153138
Different manufacturers call the part different things. In colt single actions it is called a bolt whether you like it or not.

If you just mean for practical purposes and you're not being anal, yes, absolutely I mean that. So you think a stronger spring would be enough? They're all cheap parts, I'm not worried about having to buy a longer bolt afterward anyway.

I know fanning revolvers have longer bolts, but I don't know if that's necessary for the speed I can cock this thing.
>>
>>34153167
I'm not 100% sure, and considering you're trusting 4chan of all places I would consider you retarded. Call the manufacturer if you're really concerned about this. And please don't fan a single action, they're not 100% built for that kind of work. At least have a gunsmith look it over and rest at ease knowing you either can or can't with your current setup.

>tl;dr call the manufacturer, and if you're intent on fanning, get a gunsmith to look over your gun first
>>
>>34153081
>he thinks a 200gr jhp at 1100fps won't drop a man

it has to be like 2100fps to go through armor plating right because im going to be mugged by a dude in ceramic armor right?
>>
>>34153187
I'm asking for advice, jerkoff. There could very easily be another hobbyist here that's not a moron like you.

You seem to know a lot less than me about the mechanics(for instance I know the names of these parts and what "fanning revolvers" have in them) so I would suggest you back off the single action advice and stick to your experience with timing up double action revolvers, which is clearly what you're used to working with.
>>
>>34153192
I know it will. You're just an idiot for carrying an SAA.
>>
>>34153201
It seems to me that if I know what fanning revolvers have in them(they exist, by the way, you only need to replace 4 parts with modern steel and they last a few hundred rounds) and I'm not looking to buy all those parts I don't intend to fan it.

also since I'm specifically taslking about "thumb cocking" and "not being necessary at the speed of a thumb cock"

>>34153207
Whatever you think, man. I have a .28 avg draw and that's a hell of alot faster than some israeli carrying jerkoff
>>
>>34153201
I wouldn't even trust a hobbyist on 4chan, nigger. Get a proffesional fucking opinion, because its shit like this that leads to shorn sears and blown cylinders. Would you listen to me if I said I was a master hobby handloader and told you to underload h110?
OH BUT HURRR DURR ANON HOW COULD AN UNDERLOADED ROUND HAVE PRESSURE PROBLEMS

never assume you know more than someone certified to deal with this shit, and never assume that someone on 4chan has that kind of certification
>>
>>34153226
"i had this problem anon, I fixed it with a stronger spring!"

Wow that's a hard hypothetical to imagine right there
>>
>>34153222
if you have a .28 draw I would get that shit checked out cause last I checked the world record is .295
>>
>>34153222
>I have a .28 avg draw
This isn't the Wild West
This isn't Dodge City
And you aint' Wild Bill Hickock

Even if it was, the quick draw is an invention of Hollywood. It was not done in the old west.
>>
>>34153238
Similar problems can have different causes. Assuming like this is gonna make an ass out of both you and me
>>
>>34153240
nah .38 you got me thanks for hte check
>>
>>34153240
I'm thinking we have a candidate for >>34152409
>>
File: 55f.jpg (60KB, 502x472px) Image search: [Google]
55f.jpg
60KB, 502x472px
is this you OP?
>>
>>34153248
And you're assuming like hell about how i value your advice-- you think I'm looking for gospel here.
>>
>>34153262
lol its a goddamn typo what the hell is wrong with you people? do you have ACTUAL DIAGNOSED autism?
>>34153247
>people don't time their draws from conceal
okay i guess you live in a different world than i do my nigga
>>
>>34153268
Well have fun blowing up your carry gun and getting all the thugs muggin your ass laughing at you callin you "cowboy slick" and singing camptown ladies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H2W1lK7P-I
>>
>>34153279
>do you have autism
it's apparent you forget where you are posting
>>
>>34153281
okay have fun shortstroking your doublestack 9mm and getting shot with nothing in the chamber
no? then have fun shooting yourself in the leg on your draw with your chambered round

use your own bullets, save jerome the money
>>
>>34153291
I said "actual diagnosed" okay
>>
>>34153299
All these dubs and all you can manage is some wimpy insults on speculation. What a waste. Gnight OP, give your boyfriend a smooch for me
and be sure to give your revolvers manufacturer a call in the morning when you're feeling a little less retarded
>>
>>34153319
lol i literally responded in kind with your "blow up your revolver" garbage
>>
File: 262.jpg (41KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
262.jpg
41KB, 600x300px
>>34153314
Sounds like you're the sperg burger here pal. same as the rest of us
>>
>>34153279
God you're thick. I'm making fun of you because of your choice of gun you fucking Mong.
>>
>>34153335
>the quickdraw is an invention of hollywood
>>
File: cant-tell-if-trolling.jpg (67KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cant-tell-if-trolling.jpg
67KB, 400x300px
>>34153341
>>
>>34153351
bait.jpg
>>
File: 1327279435773.png (245KB, 365x765px) Image search: [Google]
1327279435773.png
245KB, 365x765px
>>34153279
>calling others autistic
>while carrying a SAA
>>
>>34153387
While you're riding horseback you don't want a double action or semiauto. When you buy one gun, you don't always want to buy an extra.
>>
>>34153402
And I'm not stupid enough to not carry a gun just because "people will make fun of my granpa carry wah"
>>
>>34153150
The more I read, here, the more I think you're right. I thought you were making fun of me, but I think that was actual advice now.

Thanks, fella.
>>
File: 989.png (409KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
989.png
409KB, 728x546px
>>34153450
GEE, IT ONLY TOOK A WHOLE THREAD OF YOU KICKING AND SCREAMING BEFORE REALIZING 4CHAN ISN'T THE PLACE TO BE ASKING FOR MECHANICAL ADVICE
>>
>>34153458
uh, no, you're still just as autistic for thinking you don't ask a hobby forum about technical questions not expecting "HEY I HAVE A GLOCK, LET ME TAKE A LOOK AT THIS. OKAY, LOOKS LIKE YOU THINK THIS IS BOLT ACTION AND-- OH, WHAT? YEAH THE CYLINDER SPRING COULD BE A LITTLE STRONGER MABY EI DUNNO. WERE A BUNCH OF RETARDS HERE, ARE YOU RETARDED? DO YOU WANT TO DIE?"

This is a gun that's been used for 130~ years, and by HOBBYISTS for the last 50 or so. If you think it's ludicrous for me to think there might be one person who has the knowledge I seek on this forum, then you have serious millenial googlitis.

Talk to the people around you some time. They actually do know things, and you can tell when someone is just shooting from the hip like you. Protip: if you don't KNOW what a bolt is google it instead of thinking someone else is retarded.
>>
>>34153500
>goes to chinese anime doll painting forum
"how do i do this weird painting thing"
>LOL CALL THE BRUSH MANUFACTURER YOU FUCKING FAG
>>
>>34153500
you'd be right if this was a decade ago, however you're a newfag and afaik boof and hotaru maniac don't post here anymore so you're sol on knowledgeable, trustable posters. Again, you're wasting your time here on a gamble for information that may or may not be reliable.
>>
>>34153226
>I spend all my time here with people that I refuse to listen to their advice or talk to them like a normal human being
Nothing is keeping you here, asshole.
>>
>>34153526
You must be one of those retards that tried to make their own crystals out of the poison gas recipe posted on /b/ awhile back
>>
>>34153544
>assumes assumptions
>asserts
>baitposts
>ad hominem
>desperate floundering
>>
>>34153570
>trusting anonymous posters when dealing with weapons

All I have to say
>>
>>34153402
There is literally no reason not to carry a DA revolver or semi auto on horseback. Stop being a Fudd.
>>
>>34153590
The gunshot makes the horse kick and you risk fire a negligent discharge, dumbfuck.
>>
>>34153850
you mean buck but you're absolutely right
>>
>>34153240
You what... bob munden's been clocked at two one hundredths of a second. seven year olds do .5 for their first time shooting
>>
>>34153299
>carries a meme gun from the 19th century because he has autism
>assumes everyone else has autism
>>
>>34153053
Well, look at it this way: If you're carrying a SA for self defense if something does happen you're either going to be dead or a legend. I can respect someone who doesn't acknowledge the middle ground much less aim for it.
>>
unless its a palmetto ar or a bad ak clone, they have no fucking clue which end the bullet comes out

buncha kids here wishing they had funs

#fudd4lyfe
>>
>>34153247
Yes, everyone knows in the old West, they mutually agreed to place they're guns on the countertop, have a few swigs of bourbon, then go out to the street and take turns casually aiming potshots while the other stood still and gave advice.
Zero concern for speed.
>>
>>34153053
I have never heard of that being thing with revolvers, care to explain it to me?

>>34153081
It's not HS;LD, but it's functional, I've seen much less sensible carry choices right on this board.

>>34153192
The odds of facing a mugger wearing a plate is basically not worth considering, and you're really carrying the entirely wrong gun for defeating that armor.
>>
>>34153222
>>34153299
Why are you bringing up Israeli Carry?
>>
>>34155116
Don't be so hurt, gramps.
>>
>>34153053
You carry a full size, single action revolver?

You know they make modern revolvers
>>
>>34153093
I see Mt. Stupid is as crowded as ever.
>>
>>34155398
The armor thing was sarcasm, responding to someone implying a 45 can't be a self defense weapon for (reasons)

The SAA's indexing is really finnicky, because the cylinder spins freely at half cock. If you cock VERY quickly, it can "throw over" which means the pin will strike to the left of the primer. Or, if you're less lucky, strike the left side of the primer and blow out your frame. It's not a problem with the gun being used as intended, but you can slick it up to have better timing than it was supposed to and so lock up more quickly, avoiding the overthrow
>>34155427
Size impacts recoil, you know
>>34155412
Because I'm being told my self-defense option is inadequate, I bring up less adequate self defense options that are considered adequate(even if they are not in reality)
>>
>>34155427
also see
>>34153402
>>34153850
for why single action

it's true on atv's too
>>
>>34155506
IT's also called "throw by" and pretty much any degeneration of that term. I think throw by is the original term, but my grandpa taught me it was over-throw and I have a hard time forgetting it.
>>
>>34153226
>HAND LOADING YOUR DEFENSE ROUNDS EVER
jesus i sure hope you guys don't do this. reliability and safety aside, the legal implications are huge.
>>
>>34153240
i feel like this deserves more attention for being ridiculous. you see dudes faster than this at local CAS meetups
>>
>>34155506
>The SAA's indexing is really finnicky, because the cylinder spins freely at half cock. If you cock VERY quickly, it can "throw over" which means the pin will strike to the left of the primer.
I think things like that is why I prefer the Blackhawk. That and it's dropsafe.
>>
>>34155737
I'm SURE he means from the light to the shot, not the actual draw. The record for reactive draw is 0.252, but the .145 of that was just waiting for the brain to catch up and start drawing. that is my .38 draw time, my actual draw is considerably quicker
>>34155758
So are SAA! They just get one round less for it. :^(

I'll tell you a secret though... you can lower it from half cock and so out of index, leaving the hammer spur between two rounds and safe! Old trick from legitimate gunslingers, bounty hunters and marshalls and such.
>>
File: how to handload like a pro.jpg (1MB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
how to handload like a pro.jpg
1MB, 2304x3072px
>>34155721
I've heard this many times, but I've never seen any concrete examples as where handloads have somehow tipped the scale of a case.

>inb4 Massad Ayoob

Also, not everyone is a butterfingered tard, be sober and pay attention, and you won't fuck up your defensive loads.
>>
>>34155778
>this is a whole lot of damage here, don't you think shill ballistics expert?
>yes id say that was loaded far in excess of what would be considered +p
>>
>>34155775
Index between the chamber, huh? Kinda like those half-nothces on cap & ball guns, that's a neat idea, never knew about it.
>>
>>34155791
Who gives a shit? Some people legit carry .44 Magnum hardcasts for personal defense, does it fucking matter if you load your .38s hot with fancy billet copper bullets?
>>
>>34155794
It's janky because it wasn't intended, but yes it's the exact same technique. I keep a round in my pocket to pop in if I "get spooked as all hell." haven't had to use it in the better part of a decade, of course.
>>34155801
>who cares
Uh... well, where do you live? In a lot of the country, +P is considered excessive force by default. You're better off carrying 44 mag than 38spl +p in california. Do you honestly want someone to do research on case law for you? LAWYERS get payed REAL MONEY to do that, you dumb dickhead.
>>
>>34155814
>In a lot of the country, +P is considered excessive force by default
Is that why near all commercial defensive ammo is +P by default?

>Do you honestly want someone to do research on case law for you?
I'd like pointers on actual cases where handloads have been what got someone in jail, I don't want Massad Ayoob's platitudes.
>>
>>34155884
You didn't even tell me where you live, dude. I can't help you. This isn't an "american" thing, it fucking matters where you shoot someone with handloads
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.