[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok /k/ which martial arts is better for self defence if you are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: unarmed_meele damage.jpg (10KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
unarmed_meele damage.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
ok /k/ which martial arts is better for self defence if you are not carrying a gun, judo or boxing?
>>
Knife fighting
>>
>>34152528
who or what is attacking you?
>>
>>34152541
an asshole picks up a fight with me and doesnt leave me alone, what do?
>>
>>34152528
Judo i just dancing
Boxing is ok if you're in a ring
Brawling is the only acceptable self defense technique.
>>
>>34152578
Hit him with the closest thing you can lay your hands on
>>
>>34152528
Krav maga is the only right answer. You must kill the enemy
>>
>>34152578
Bite his jugular.

Otherwise theres many factors, are you smaller than him, if so try to take out one of his knees and make a run for it.

Are you bigger, if so tackle that little faggot to the ground, keep ontop and your chin down so he only has shots at your hard ass forehead, let him break his hands while you work him over with elbows. Once they try to cover up their ribs get your knees on their shoulders and pound their face in.
>>
>>34152528
I found that using a combination of both aikido and kickboxing can save your ass a lot.
Aikido is fucking rare though, and I was only able to learn because a really old "master" like those who appear on movies got bored and decided to teach for a while. It's useless if you don't master it but incredibly useful when in serious fights and you know how to use it.
If you mix it up with the basics from boxing while you get used to whoever is attacking you, you should kick the shit out of everyone who doesn't knows what they are doing.
>>
Being proficient in any martial art or combat sport should suffice as long as you aren't out of shape
>>
>>34152528
Mexican Judo. Judon't know I got a pistol homes.
>>
>>34152528
Punch throat. Kick groin or knee. Grab hair, pull down into your knee. Kick in chest a lot. Drag to nearest curb and put top teeth on top edge. Kick head.
>>
>>34153074
>akido

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHSHSHAHSHSHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: inb4 triggered niggers.gif (4MB, 158x223px) Image search: [Google]
inb4 triggered niggers.gif
4MB, 158x223px
>>34152528
Go for groin and eyes.

Alternatively, don't put yourself in situations where your only self defense is martial arts, dumbass.
>>
>>34153074
t. steven seagal
>>
>>34152528
Judo. You're much more likely to slip and break your skull than get in a real self-defense situation in the first place, and judo teaches you how to fall.
>>
>>34153083
Órale!
>>
>>34153083
the wall must be build asap
>>
Defendu
>>
>>34152528
Both. Boxing is great for strikes and footwork. Judo is great for grappling and falling. I would also throw in some BJJ so you aren't helpless if you're brought to the ground.
>>
>>34152528
Since 90% of this thread is retarded let me give you the real answer.

If some asshole picks a fight with you the best thing to do is walk away. Self defense is about getting out uninjured not winning the bullshit ego contest.

That said, if you do have to fight, chances are your attacker is going to come in swinging fast and wild and both judo and boxing will do you fine. If you box you'll see his punches coming a mile away and be able to knock his head off before he can hurt you. If you do judo you can clinch as he's coming in (because chances are he has no experience managing the distance) and then either throw him and run away or throw him and pin him until he either calms down or the cops show up.
>>
I realize it goes against the hypothetical in the OP but if you're truly worried about defending yourself get a gun.

This isn't a movie and even if it was you most definitely wouldn't be the protagonist with plot armor.
>>
>>34152528
Both are great.
I'd go with Judo first, boxing later.
Judo looks better in court.
Everybody frowns on punching. Grappling and controlling looks better, but is probably more dangerous.
>>
>>34152996
>Judo i just dancing
Someone who has never fought with a skilled judoka spotted
>>
Judo is not bad, bjj is even better. But this is not enough, learn some punching and kicking as well. Box, kickbox, maybe karate. Krav maga is great if you want to jumpstart.
>>
>>34153083
>the wall just got 10ft higher
>>
>>34152528
Gunkungfo mixed with AKarate
>>
>>34152528
Jeet Kune Do
>>
>>34153074
Not sure if trolling or serious, does the aikido have something to do with small joint manipulation or some shit like that; breaking the the fingers and whatnot. Aikido seems like a bunch of horseshit if you ask me, but that might be due to the traditional showboating shit that is shown around a lot.

Boxing is pretty good though, punch someones lights out cold and being able to duck and weave a bit. I've seen some unsuspecting tough guys get demolished, and that shit wasn't pretty.
>>
>>34152528
In order of success in a fight to the death with a stranger on the street:
>run-fu
>gun-fu
>boxing

If you can't do the first one you've already fucked up
If you can't do the second then tough shit
If you can't do the third then welcome to die
>>
do both OP
>>
>>34152528
Take both. Boxing is pretty fuckin good, judo let's you throw and grapple.
>>
>>34152528
Judo is much more useful in the long run to learn. In a normal street fight, bobbing and weaving as well as jabs, hooks, and straights are a lot less useful than knowing how to take a fall or how to drop someone. That's not to say they aren't important, but if you can throw a punch and take a punch then that's about the extent that you need. However, what you should really learn is Muay Thai and Wrestling for self-defense purposes.
>>
>>34153209
> You're much more likely to slip and break your skull than get in a real self-defense situation
t. sheltered kid

You need to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>34152528
Judo just because it gives you better footing against grappling.
>>
>>34152528
>come to k, board of weapons
>weapons hobbyists, which form of non weapons self defense do you recommend?

KYS

Then learn BJJ, muay thai, and become a student of anatomy.

Why? BJJ is widely considered the best ground/grappling martial art. Judo isn't bad but it really shines more in the department of throws and stand up grappling iirc.

Muay Thai will teach you to effectively employ pretty much all of the different varieties of strikes(different disciplines focus on different ones more than others tho iirc) except open hand and knife hand ones. It'll also help you with cardio and getting used to being hit extremely hard in the head if you take it seriously and spar full on.

Study anatomy and physiology so you both learn how to best compromise and best avoid compromising anatomical structures of the human body. Knowing how to avoid killing/debilitating somebody accidentally is just as if not more important than knowing how to kill/seriously injure somebody intentionally.

Good Muay thai, BJJ, and A&P classes can be found just about anywhere too, which is nice.
>>
As silly as it may sound to some who are unaware but HEMA is very good for self-defence

Namely the grappling, abrazare if Fiore or ringen if German, dagger fighting, and parts of the weapon stuff can be applied unarmed too.
>>
>>34152528
>>34152540
>>34152996
>>34153035
>>34153063
>>34153074
>>34153209
>>34154896
>>34156462
>>34157672
>I hope youre just trolling and not really this stupid
>>
>>34152528
Best possible defense? Stab them.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.