[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the US military, how much are you able to customize your rifles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1495308821905.jpg (128KB, 806x908px) Image search: [Google]
1495308821905.jpg
128KB, 806x908px
In the US military, how much are you able to customize your rifles? Lets say you have an M4, can you buy a new stock from home? or a new front grip? And can you use different mags, like one of those MAGPUL ones?
>>
>>34151562
>In the US military, how much are you able to customize your rifles?

0.0%
>>
File: 1493467660294.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493467660294.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>34151562
>In the US military, how much are you able to customize your rifles?
>>
please delete this retarded thread and consider making drastic life changes immediately
>>
>>34151587
I read here from a vet people could and I wanted to know.
>>
>>34151604
enlist, draw a dick named Pvt. Peetey on the stock and find out what you've won.
>>
>>34151599
Hey niggerfaggot, kill yourself. Everything on this site is retarded, I just happen to be somewhat more.
>>
>>34151562

In my experience it was pretty minimal. You could ask the armorers and they'd hook you up with stuff like foregrips or flashlights or whatever. Also saw guys use their own foregrips (magpul AFGs usually) but they'd have to take them off before returning them to the armory.

t.USAF security forces
>>
All depends on unit. In a line infantry company you're usually only allowed what's issued plus minor odds and ends like rail covers, foregrip, sling. But the more high speed units generally allows more customization. I use nhmtg usgi mags with magpul followers instead of whats issued, because it would be hard to get away with pmags even though the usmc is supposed to be getting those soon. I'm sure individual experiences vary though.
Source: usmc 0351
Source:
>>
Pmags, foregrips, slings, and buttstocks are usually the only things that are usually allowed. You have to remember that you're going to carry your issued weapon a lot so the usually mods are for user comfort only.
>>
>>34151562
I'm seeing a lot of pessimism in this thread, but things like stock, foregrip, flashlight, (anything on rail really) was fair game. Obviously nothing internal nor the optics.

Biggest thing was people would call you a gear queer before buying it themself next month.

Saw an attachment who removed his rear sight and put it on the underside of his rifle... looked retarded, served 0 function, and everyone made fun of him. He was a ssg mechanic that no one took seriously so it just stayed there the entire deployment.
>>
>>34151562
You can use your own mags in the US army. no one gives a fuck
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.