[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any legalese dudes here that can answer a question. Just bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1217_h_lg.png (66KB, 621x189px) Image search: [Google]
1217_h_lg.png
66KB, 621x189px
Any legalese dudes here that can answer a question. Just bought a ka-bar and virginia law states "It is illegal to conceal carry a dirk, bowie knife, switchblade, machete, ballistic knife, throwing starts or oriental darts, or any knife of a like kind."

Here's the question, does a full size ka-bar count as a "like kind" to any of the above? Obviously not things like switch blade or throwing star but I could see how its size might make it similar to a bowie knife. Any opinions? I'll probably call the sheriff's department tomorrow and ask, just thought I'd see what you guys thought first.
>>
>>34151026
It depends on how much you pissed off the cop who stops you.
>>
>>34151044
Ah. I'm white so that shouldn't be a problem.
>>
Call it a survival knife
>>
>>34151026
It's a Bowie knife.
>>
>>34151026
yes that is a bowie style of knife.
the reason they say "dirk" and "bowie" is to basically defacto ban the carrying of fixed blade knives.
a cop will certainly detain you
>>
>>34151026
It's basically a Bowie knife.
>>
>>34151026
wtf i hate dirks now
>>
>>34151064
>>34151062
I love how people think that playing cute with a cop is going to work. They aren't robots on a sci-fi show where you can short circuit them with a logic puzzle.
>>
>>34151197
They are pigs that should burn in ovens tho...
>>
A good prosecutor can convince a dumb jury of most things.
The distinction you are trying to make is losing on a fronts.
>>
>>34151026
You can have it on your belt, you can't conceal carry it.

It's gotta be visible.
>>
Same law in my state. So I asked my cop friend if it was legal to carry my kbar. He says, "I dunno." Thanks, asshole.
>>
>>34151026
It's not up to the cops. It's up to lawyers. Cops don't know the law. Ask a lawyer if you want legal advice.

That being said, I would say it certainly is of like kind. It's a weapon. There may be exemptions for people who work with knives, but just carrying it for no reason in a city will probably get you in trouble.
>>
>>34151026
A lawyer could call it a "like kind" to a bowie knife. It's a large fixed blade intended for fighting with.
>>
>>34151026
These laws are intentionally written vague so as to defacto illegality as much shit as possible in one swoop. Chances are if you're patted down and cops find a kabar on you they're going to arrest you. Whether or not you get convicted depends on how good your lawyer is.
>>
>>34151026
Virginia lad here
Open carry on belt or leg
Or between your shoulder blades you glorious Ninja wannabe
Wear two on your back if you're Leonardo Turtle
Don't wear it into a bank, school, etc
I can tell you from personal experience
1) 9mm in plastic holster gets MEH from soccermoms
2) 44 magnum and soccermoms do the instinctive grabbing of the kids
3) Bowie knife...holy shit soccermoms just leave the shopping cart and take off with the kids

I have fun wearing the 44. The Bowie, not so much.
>>
File: DSIyC7jg9N.jpg (42KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DSIyC7jg9N.jpg
42KB, 640x360px
>>34151026
>Oriental darts
>>
>>34151026
Is that applicable even if you have a concealed carry permit? I'm wondering why they'd let me carry a firearm around but not a fucking knife.
>>
>>34151026
>tfw laws are vague and broad as fuck on purpose so they can thump you with whatever they want
>>
>>34151026
Virginia concealed carry permit states:
"Permit to carry a concealed handgun"
It does not allow knives and other things
If you had a CCL you'd know that already
>>
Obviously that is included under the 'no no' section. But can you open carry it instead?
>>
>>34152801
edgy
>>
>>34155320
(anon there was a reason he didn't get any replies until now but good work you've fucked it up. shun edgy retards like that instead of giving them (you) fuel)
>>
>>34151074
This
>>
I have a similar question.

If I have a gun carry license and have a knife on me while carrying my fire arm.

will a cop arrest me for carrying a knife even though I also have a legal gun on me?

Gun ok but knife gets me arrested??
>>
>>34154969
It's not up to the cops to charge you, but it is up to the cop to arrest you. And getting arrested fucking sucks.
>>
>>34151026
Why do you want to carry a kbar when you can carry a gun? Honest question.
>>
>>34157301
This depends on the precise language of the law in your states.

My state, like many, has laws against "dirks daggers et al" but it classifies them as " dangerous weapons." And our ccw law specifically covers the permit allowing carrying "dangerous weapons". So with my permit I can carry a gun and an automatic knife, dagger, or what the fuck ever. And I do carry a benchmade auto.

This is not the case in every state though. Their are states out there in which you can conceal a handgun and open carry an ar15, but you can't slip a balisong or double edged knife in your pocket in any circumstance. Which is nutty
>>
>>34151197
LOL as long as anon isn't a nignog with shifty hands or a Hajib motherfucker he shouldn't be TOO worried. Some cops are just straight up assholes, but a decent white officer shouldn't give a man of his same skin color too much shit over a damn knife. Just play the "I just got it for self defense, I wasn't aware of the law officer" card and you should be fine.
>>
>>34157301
In most states switch blades and daggers are illegal even with good gun carry laws. Look up your local laws to be sure.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.