[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tried posting this in the PA meetup thread and got no respon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 767245.jpg (793KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
767245.jpg
793KB, 1500x1125px
Tried posting this in the PA meetup thread and got no response. I live in Philly. I don't own a car (if you live there you'd understand why) so my shooting options are limited to a few pistol ranges in the area.

For my birthday I'm thinking of renting one and taking my AR to some public lands to shoot on so I can shoot at 100 yards or more. What are the best places to go in the Philly area? I'm looking on this website at the different ranges to choose from.

http://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/StateGameLands/StateGameLandsRanges/Pages/default.aspx

So far the one at Mt Hawks looks the best. The question I have is are these fudd ranges that don't allow ARs and require bench shooting only? If so are there any places good places that are just in the middle of nowhere to go shoot? I want to be able to shoot at stuff prone, kneeling and standing from 100 yards. I've never really got a chance to do that before.

When I say "in the Philly area" I mean within a days drive or so. I'm willing to drive 2-4 hours out if I have to. I plan on taking two days off to do this. Hopefully I'll have time to go hiking as well.
>>
How do you not own a car? Just sell on of your guns and buy an old school civic that will last for the next 50 years.
>>
>>34150807
Because my guns don't need insurance. My guns don't rack up 500 dollars in parking tickets. My guns don't break down as long as I keep them clean. Not having a car is the only reason I can pay for my hobbies, and everyone I know who has one is in a constant state of anguish over non stop bullshit they have to deal with in the city.
>>
>>34150864
Then maybe stop bitching if your not willing to make a change in your finances.
>>
>>34150884
I don't want a car right now. Not as long as I live in this shitfuck city. I just want a place to go out and shoot my guns. I'm willing to rent one to get there. The fact that I don't own a car has little to do with it.
>>
>>34150762
I'd also like to know where to shoot in PA. The only places around me seem to be clubs or state game land ranges with faggy rules (3 rounds MAX in a mag at a time). I would just join a club or some shit, but I'm going to end up being noguns most of the year because of school and I feel like it would be money wasted.
>>
>>34150903
What are you doing for a job? Have you considered moving somewhere and being a farmer or logger, or joining the military? City's are trash nobody should have to live there.
>>
>>34150762
I'm in bucks, send me an e-mail on a burner e-mail. This is my burner e-mail I made just for ya. [email protected]
>>
>>34151152
Right now I'm detransitioning from musician/hippy life (and no I don't smoke weed if that's what you are going to ask next) I work a 9-5 retail job right now and am working to move in to tech (specifically web development or database administration), either by going to school or maybe just landing a job outright if I can.

I have about 2 grand put away for both a car and the inevitable move out of the city, but right now I live in a shitty (but cheap) apartment and theres no good parking in my area, so there's no point in buying one now.
>>
File: TReilly-20160717_DSC1274.jpg (2MB, 2300x1533px) Image search: [Google]
TReilly-20160717_DSC1274.jpg
2MB, 2300x1533px
bamp

This is what I want to do, except for the pointing guns at the camera part.
>>
>>34150762
There is Wicen's. Its up by Willow Grove. Its shit though. Concrete barrier things you have to shoot under, 1 shot every 3 seconds, and the range officers are up your ass as if you never handled a gun before. The place was set up for fudds who fire 3 rounds and call their deer rifle sighted.
>>
>>34150762
whats up brother, I live in philly as well. Firing Line gets old after a while, and most ranges are overpriced shit in the city. There is the public range at french creek. Many times there isn't a range officer there and I have seen some very unsafe practices, but its 20 bucks for the year, you get a permit to shoot there online. Your best bet is to find someone with private property they shoot on (even tho this is a legal grey area in PA). Generally speaking if you know someone with lots of land you'll be good to go. I have one friend in York and have shot on his farm for hours on end with no problem
>>
>>34150762
just go to germantown and shoot out of your car late at night, the police won't be there for hours.
>>
>>34152780
Delaware Valley Sports Center is cool. $20 and they let you bring your own ammo.
>>
File: icecube.jpg (42KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
icecube.jpg
42KB, 360x500px
I too am interested in this knowledge, I just moved to Pittsburgh a few months ago. I have a car tho
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.