[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have the opposite of one of the usual threads and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

File: NotMathilda.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NotMathilda.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
Let's have the opposite of one of the usual threads and discuss stupid things that MALLNINJAS say or believe. I'll start:

Disparages guns that aren't chambered in 9mm, 10mm, .556, 6.5 Creedmore, or 7.62 x 39.

Believes that hot 9mm has equivalent energy at the muzzle to .40 S&W and .357 Magnum because he decided to compare expensive boutique ammo to weak loadings.

Believes that 10mm has equivalent energy at the muzzle to .44 Magnum because he decided to compare expensive boutique ammo to weak loadings.

Believes that proficiency in hunting has no relationship to combat marksmanship, when, in reality, there has been a strong and demonstrated relationship between the two that has been acknowledged for hundreds of years now.

Invests far more effort into posting pictures of his gun online and taking pictures of himself holding his gun than actually becoming proficient with it. Has spent oceans of money on expensive accessories, optics, camouflage, body armor, and a large arsenal of guns, but doesn't own a shot timer.

Believes he needs to replace over half of the parts in his Glock 19 in order to make it "good" or "usable," despite the fact that hundreds of thousands of police around the country use stock Glocks every day with no problems.

Despite being preoccupied with aesthetics rather than function, believes that wood furniture is "gay fudd shit."

Uses "muh sporting purpose" fudd as a political strawman, when those kinds of people are from his grandparents' generation and are either dead or have been politically irrelevant ever since the NRA-ILA was founded. In reality, nearly every gun owner of his parents' generation is anti-NFA, anti-Hughes Amendment, and pro-2A with no restrictions on law abiding citizens of good standing, and avid hunters have done more to deregulate ARs than any other demographic.
>>
File: 1496518124979.jpg (115KB, 544x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496518124979.jpg
115KB, 544x960px
>angled foregrips are better than verticals (this one pisses me off the most)
>slapping tons of useless shit like handstops, fingerstops, rail covers and different grips has any real tactical value other than aesthetics
>Drop leg holsters are better than belt holsters
>>
>>34149582
Angled foregrips and the faggy Costa technique are unironically better on full auto and on meme caliber AR's like .458 socom or .50 Beowulf tbqh.

Drop thigh holsters are more comfortable (especially when driving and/or sitting in a car a lot) and make a lot of sense for somebody who carries a rifle and would rather completely forget about their pistol unless everything just goes to absolute shit.
>>
1) Putting way, WAY too much emphasis on guns when it comes to SHTF. Keep in mind, I'm not saying that guns aren't important - just that they aren't the only thing that's important. A modicum of physical fitness, the ability to grow a garden or even just knowing which plants that grow around you are edible, the ability to dress small game like rabbits or turkey, knowing where and how to get drinkable water - these are all just as important as guns, if not more so. They'd do well to spend a little less time reading about the Wehrmacht and a little more time reading Novella Carpenter.

2) Overemphasis on types of guns. The real divide in SHTF will be hasguns vs. noguns. A $200 Maverick 88 will probably get you by just as well as a tricked-out AR with $1000 worth of bullshit bolted to its tactical rails. Speaking of which, what ammo do you think will be more available if S really does HTF - 12 gauge shotgun shells, or your boutique cartridge with scientifically-calculated flat trajectory out to 3000 yards? Just askin'.
>>
Thinking that a hold up or a home invasion will escalate to a protracted gun battle which justifies them carrying 7+ reloads for their EDC.
Your average pavement monkey will bolt as soon as the first shots are fired and a police raid will either be over or turned into a siege by the time you've emptied your first mag.
>>
>>34149510
Believes women are adequate soldiers with proper training
>>
>>34149510
That's Cal.
>>
>>34149961
Speaking of which, there's the "X isn't adequate for home defense" bullshit, which is the modern incarnation of the old "stopping power" bullshit. I've said it before and I'll say it again - there are a lot of unrealistic, paranoid motherfuckers here who act like they're expecting Robocop or the police from Jin-Roh to come smashing down their door in the middle of the night. In truth, if someone ever does break in to their house, it will almost certainly be a couple of teenaged dindus in t-shirts and baggy jorts. Against them, .22lr will be adequate (not ideal, but adequate), and anything more powerful will be just fine. People who argue that .380, 12 gauge bird loads, or even 9mm is too weak are off in fantasyland somewhere.

And yes, I understand that there have been freak happenings where people have taken hits from all those calibers and walked away. Outliers don't disprove a rule.
>>
File: ichiyon commies.jpg (237KB, 629x960px) Image search: [Google]
ichiyon commies.jpg
237KB, 629x960px
This one kills me every time mall ninjas try to shit talk the Garand, the M14/M1A, and the Mini-14/Thirty.
>The M14 was bad because it was heavy and inaccurate! Stoner's genius was a light, accurate rifle!
>proceeds to mount five pounds of useless tacticool bullshit onto his 5.56 AR and use a 4MOA red dot that is significantly less accurate than the Garand-style irons on the M14, let alone an optic
>>
>>34149813
in a real SHTF setting, you'd want things like lighters, cigarettes, foodstuffs, alcohol, things you can trade, transport, and carry. I read a great article about a family surviving during the balkan war that discussed the topic, I'll try to find the link for you guys.
>>
>anything that's not an AR is a POS
>AR is the only weapon that you can kill people with ever
>5.56 performs great at 1500 meters
>>
>>34150840
Pls do im procrastinating studying for finals and want more material
>>
>>34150840
>>34150986
http://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/
>>
>>34151124

>For a tin can of tushonka (think Soviet spam), you could have a woman.

Awwwwwwwwrite

While the odds of this happening in the US are incredibly low, your best bet for survival is to fucking leave. I have family homes in two other countries for this very reason. Collapse won't happen overnight.
>>
File: 1466953399570.jpg (551KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466953399570.jpg
551KB, 1440x1080px
>carrying a gun is more important than situational awareness, ability to manage unknown contacts, verbal skills, actually having proficiency with the firearm and legal defense knowledge pertaining to your area
>>
>>34153176
damn that feels comfy and cold for some reason
>>
File: 1465228402777.jpg (55KB, 632x467px) Image search: [Google]
1465228402777.jpg
55KB, 632x467px
>>34153220
I know what you mean by that.
>>
>>34150715
the m14 fucking sucks dude. It is outclassed by literally every other gun in its caliber and even the one that it was based on. When will this meme die?

also I have 2 a2 upper rifles with only irons before you say dumb shit about iron sights.
>>
here's an opinion: if you aren't inna war and you carry a rifle with you everywhere you go, heavy guns are better because they're more controllable, sturdy, and you look better. plastic guns are nice for cops and soldiers, but at the range and while hunting, a wood gun is better than a plastic gun
>>
>>34150840
I've seen that before, I'm almost positive that guy was proven to be LARPing. Still pretty solid advice though
>>
>>34153362
t. mallninja
>>
>>34153465
not
an
argument
>>
>>34153465
The M14 worse than it's contemporaries by just about every measure, let alone an AR-15.
>>
>>34153483
>>34153524
Not this guy, but are you two just repeating memes or do you actually have experience with them?
>>
>>34153553
why should i make an argument as to why m14s aren't good (and never were), if his response was just calling that guy a mallninja? do you want me to make an argument, because nobody asked me to before
>>
>>34153598
I've seen plenty of people make good arguments on the specs and manufacturing level, but I still haven't talked to soldier who hated it from personal experience. I just honestly want to hear someone who used it make a case against it.
>>
>>34153598
The M14 is significantly lighter and easier on brass than the G3, as well as having better sights and vastly superior ergonomics. The FAL is about equal to the M14, but easier to control full auto and a bit easier to maintain for illiterate conscripts. The AR-10 based DMRs with integral top rails and the SCAR 17 are the only ones that are significantly better, and those are 21st century designs.
>>
>>34153618
i'm not a soldier, but it's heavy, susceptible to dirt, expensive, not very accurate, and only became the service rifle because politics with springfield armory
>>
>>34150715
This post clearly wins the thread since all the mall ninjas leaped to rebut it.

>>34153658
>not very accurate
I want this meme to die. The Garand and M14 are still more than enough gun as far as combat accuracy goes. People routinely make hits out to 800 yards on irons, let alone optics. They're hard to get down much below 2 MOA, but unless you're taking the majority of your shots at or beyond 600 yards or aiming for cloverleaf groups with a semi auto (protip: you're probably not) it's still a perfectly fine rifle. The M14 rightfully catches flack from competition shooters and designated marksmen in the military, but jmid you're on /k/ at this time of night that's probably not you.
>>
>>34153649
>The M14 is significantly lighter and easier on brass than the G3
Mangling brass is completely irrelevant in a military context. They are both 9 or 10 lb rifles. No idea where you got the idea that the M14 is lighter.
>as well as having better sights
For target shooting maybe, HK style diopter sights are much more versatile and offer the shooter better options for sight pictures at close ranges.
>and vastly superior ergonomics.
Pistol grips are superior to traditional rifle stocks.
>and a bit easier to maintain for illiterate conscripts.
The operating mechanism of the M14 is no more complicated than an FAL, the only thing that makes servicing the rifle more complicated is that you have to deal with an antiquated stock and the more complicated disassembly that comes with it. A rifle being easier to service benefits everyone, not just stupid people.

The one advantage the M14 holds over the G3 or FAL is that it is inherently more accurate thanks to using a rotating bolt, but that's undermined by how the action and barrel are set in the stock. There's a reason the last M14 pattern rifles to see service were put in metal chassis.
>>
>>34153705
I don't care about the inaccuracy, because I'm not a competitive shooter or in the military. However, I said one of the flaws of the gun was the accuracy because it should be good as a marksman rifle, but one of the downsides was it wasn't accurate enough. Is that not a valid complaint?
>>
>>34153788
It's not accurate enough compared to designs fifty years newer. Totally valid for military use, but the point of this thread is that tactical Timmy "but muh special ops" complaints are nonsense for civilians in most cases.
>>
THERE WAS AN ARTICLE ABOUT A CAMARO THAT RAN MEDICAL SUPPLIES TO SOMEWHERE, THINK IT WAS A BERLIN WALL THING

ANYONE HAVE IT?
>>
>>34153851
Pretty sure you've got the wrong thread man.
Anyway.
>C-CLAMP IS THE BEST GRIP FOR EVERY SITUATION POSSIBLE
>TQ ARE THE ONLY MEDICAL SUPPLIES NEEDED
I ran into someone who unironically thought these.
>>
>>34153807
>It's not accurate enough compared to designs fifty years newer.
The 7.62 chambered AR is almost as old as every other mid 20th century battle rifle.
>>
>>34153919
I never understood why the AR-10 never got much love from anyone other than the Dutch.
>>
>>34153879
>I ran into someone who unironically thought these.
With a major bleed you could probably get by with using a towel and duct tape as long as you had a TQ to stop the major arterial bleeding (and applied it properly). But yeah, TQs aren't very useful for a blocked airway. I do recommend against most people carrying a chest decomp needle just because in the civilized world you're 30 minutes from an ER and tension pneumo probably won't kill you that quickly and most people don't have the training to use one correctly anyways.
>>34153965
Like the other dude said. Politics. The US had to keep SA open. The Euros were too busy dick waving over who could build the best rifle using system that were already out dated by rotating bolts and then who could build what with what licenses.

So you end up with the eastern and northern half of democratic Europe with G3s, and everyone else with the FAL (or whatever domestic rifle they had) and no love for the Armalite.
>>
>>34154026
I don't think you understand, he though that was pretty much the only thing medics should ever need to carry. Not to downplay the usefulness of TQ or anything, but I don't think he understood there can be wounds other than gunshots to the extremities.
>>
File: 2017-05-29.png (49KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-29.png
49KB, 160x160px
>>34154086
He thought that about medical personnel? I thought this was just in the context of civilian EDC.
>>
>>34154097
In pretty ever circumstance besides EMTs. Combat Medic? TQs. CLS? TQs Grunts? TQs. EDC? TQs. He owns like ten of the things and I'm not even sure he knows how they work.
>>
>>34154140
Sometimes I get sad that my hobby is filled with people that dumb. I don't have anything against LARPing necessarily (I do it to an extent sometimes), but how the fuck does one not know how to use a TQ? Or be too lazy to look up some basic instructional material so as to not seem like an idiot while talking to people?
>>
>>34154170
Search me man, I'm pretty sure CATs come with manuals too.
>>
>>34154189
That is true, they do. Do you know if he had CATs or some gimmick TQ like the SWAT-T?
>>
>>34154209
Definitely CATs or some variant thereof.
>>
>>34149510

What the fuck is a shot timer?
>>
>>34149510
>Despite being preoccupied with aesthetics rather than function, believes that wood furniture is "gay fudd shit."

This makes me actually angry. Wood furniture is bae.
>>
>>34154279
Found the tactifag/nogunz/AR general thread participant/Gear Queer thread participant.
>>
>>34149582
>angled foregrip
Forced to use vertical through two deployments. Get home, replace with angled. Never turning back.
>Drop leg
100% improvement. Better on dismount ops, better for running, better for everything but CC.
>>
File: 1494880692378.jpg (147KB, 900x723px) Image search: [Google]
1494880692378.jpg
147KB, 900x723px
>>34151284
incredibly low, but not impossible. Just like the odds that a 500 year flood will submerge a US city, but, hey... Ive done that already
>>
>>34153362
MALL NINJA IDENTIFIED
>>
>>34149510
>Dude I can hit a static target at 500 meters on a calm clear range with my gucci meme caliber rifle I'd be a sniper in SHTF dude lololol
>Nevermind that fighting beyond 200 to 300-ish meters is often not worth it, and any common fighting rifle can reach out 200-300 meters and hit man-sized targets that far.
>>
Tactifags immediately assume that anything that has won a major police or military contract is objectively the best in its particular category of weapon rather than just best for the needs of the particular organization that selected it.

A particular hilarious example of this is the Sig P320. From the moment it launched, it was excoriated by most of /k/ as being yet another Exeter era abortion from Kimber 2.0. Then it won the MHS contract, and the much of the board collectively did a complete 180 on their opinion of the gun in short order.
>>
>>34149582
Afgs have their uses, especially on ar pistols under 26", ditto for handstops.

Rail covers are so you don't burn your hands while shooting a moderate volume of fire, especially with thinner foreends nowadays.

Drop legs (at a reasonable height) are much easier to access and stays away from rigs/bags that might otherwise push around a belt mounted holster.
>>
>>34154785
>"ar pistols"
>he thinks rail covers are useful other than aesthetics
>he thinks you can burn your hand without a quad rail (apparently never touched a fucking KAC quad rail)
>>
File: 1490295763865.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490295763865.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>34154785
>Drop legs (at a reasonable height) are much easier to access and stays away from rigs/bags that might otherwise push around a belt mounted holster.
>>
File: 1430895045206.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1430895045206.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>34149510
>I'm a civilian and I have a plate carrier

Really? That's just so cringey. Like Steven seagall movie cringe.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.