[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alreight /k/ you are given all the resources of the world to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 18

File: Stargate.jpg (47KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Stargate.jpg
47KB, 500x280px
Alreight /k/ you are given all the resources of the world to design an effective tactical defense of the stargate compound, since now there is no iris to magically avoid a total invasion.

How do you defend this very narrow chokepoint expecting mostly infantry and some heavy equipment?
>>
File: reece.jpg (29KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
reece.jpg
29KB, 600x494px
>>34148860
unplug it.
>>
>>34148860
Line the walls with claaymores flood the gate room with liquid argon anytime something unfriendly wants to come in.

If it survives the feezing suffocation, detonate the claymores to use concussive shock-waves to kill anything that can survive that.
>>
File: Clever.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Clever.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>34148879

Good idea, the problem is that space stargates can work without any power source so you can't rely on it.
>>
>>34148879
it can be powered from the caller side.
>>34148860
dunno the best defense is a good offense. instead of teams of 4 lightly armed vulnerable fag i would send through stryker divisions that can cover more ground and eat up just about any resistance easily. ceramic composite armor should be bretty good against plasma weapons but era panels will certainly do the job of disrupting the beams.
>>
>>34148903
but they can be put into relay mode according to canon it's like a call redirect. just redirect incomings to some random nasty desert planet.
>>
a VERY big flame thrower thats on all the time. if that fails get the reds to cook up some more tsar bombs and hurl them though
>>
>>34148945
i wonder if sinking it into a vulcano would work? it should have density values off the chart and molten rock is just what 3-5 times more dense than water? it would probably sink to earths core anything that comes through there and survive we would have no defense against anyhow.
>>
File: chile volcano lightning.jpg (252KB, 1000x622px) Image search: [Google]
chile volcano lightning.jpg
252KB, 1000x622px
>>34148969
>hey let's take a critical mass of naquadah and chuck it into a volcano
>what could possibly go wrong :DDDDD
This is the plot hook for Pompeii II: Stargate Boogaloo.
>>
File: 1491946196681.jpg (147KB, 990x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491946196681.jpg
147KB, 990x1024px
>>34148980
>Pompeii II: Stargate Boogaloo.
>>
>>34148980
alloys dude alloys
if the stargate can not be disassembled or destroyed by everyday human means that assures it can take the heat in red hot lava easily.
>>
>>34149015
we dont want to destroy the gate, just the skelingtons/other spoops coming out of it
>>
>>34148969
>i wonder if sinking it into a vulcano would work?

Dude, defending something by destroying it's something only Russians can do with Moscow and their pride at least every 100 years.
>>
>>34148860

Redirect it to the black hole world.
>>
>>34149095
This.
Redirect 302
>>
>>34148860
I'd get a pair of those autoturrets from Aliens and spend the rest on hookers and blow
>>
>>34148860
how has no one said bury it yet?
>>
>>34149341

When you bury the stargate the event horizon desintegrates everything and creates a neat cavern that while it can collapse, you can still send explosive things to the other side until you think you have reached the surface and can start invading.
>>
>>34149369
that's why you bury it in sand, it collapses instantly.
>>
>>34148860
I get like 6 guys with P90s to stand around it.
That should be enough.
>>
>>34148860
Cannister shot, those humvee mounted microwave guns cranked up stupid high, flame throwers, PMN mines and Claymores, and when in doubt mustard gas and HCL spray.

just a fuck you area denial in general.
>>
>>34149369
You bury it facing downward. Deep enough under the surface and any explosive powerful enough to uncover the gate would more than likely damage it.
>>
>>34148860
For starters, don't place the command center facing the damn gate. Far too many times has there been energy rounds fired through the gate as the team retreats.

Second, rig up a wall to raise in front of the gate that is deployed after the event horizon splashes. This will work almost as well as an iris.

Third, rig up a system that will flood the room quickly with some horrific biochemical weapon, specifically one that safely dissipates quickly (within say, an hour).

Lastly, we're going to put remote controlled turrets in the room that have full coverage. They will be armed with both armor piercing rounds and flame throwers.

Later, as we progress and get some alien tech, we can get some forcefield shit and energy weapons, maybe some holographic projector shit that can make the room look like a sandy beach to confuse the fuck out of anyone coming through long enough for the third and fourth level defenses to kill them.

Finally, we're not sending handfuls of airforcemen through on foot. The gate is big enough to fit tanks and helicopters through, we're going in heavy.
>>
>>34150338
hm
can we use BZ?
>>
>>34150385
The gate has a 6.7 meter diameter.
If it's smaller than that, we can fit it through with some modifications.
>>
>>34148969
If they are two way then it could drain the earth of all its lava if you do that
>>
Dump the ring into a volcano.

or in a room filled with liquid nitrogen.

nothing that comes out will survive.
>>
>>34150464
BZ is a gas. its a Hallucinagenic agent desined for incapitation. Between 50% and 80% of BZ casualties had to be restrained during recovery to prevent self-injury; other common symptoms during recovery were paranoia and mania.
>>
>>34148860
Drop it in a volcano.
>>
>>34148860
Nuke it
>>
>>34150385
>>34150554
We can't rely on gas/poison because we don't know what species is coming and if that is even an issue for them.
>>
>>34150613
shame, i would love to watch ET trip balls and scratch is own skin off
>>
>>34148860
I just wait until my plucky 200+ IQ air force major makes a Deus Ex Machina to fix it.
>>
>>34150686
I'd lay into her like a John Deere tractor in a Montana corn field.
>>
>>34149095
>>34149467
Came here to say this. I am disappointed /k/.

Also there is probably no air for people to breath in the dirt, the "splash" creates a cavern, water and air do not pass through a gate without assistance from people.
>>
>>34150465
We hollow earth now
>>
>>34148980
So what causes the lightning in volcano eruptions? Are there metal fragments within the smoke/magma that help it conduct? Or does it just create a thunderstorm during eruption?
>>
>>34150951
>So what causes the lightning in volcano eruptions?

>volcano erupts particles
>particles "rub" against each other creating static electricity just like water dropslets do in regular lightning
>HURR LIGHTNING!
>>
>>34150686
Who is the actual model her head is shopped onto?
>>
>>34148879
>>34148903
>>34148916
gates always draw power from the out going DHD
>>
>>34148860
Turn it on its side so that the wormhole points up.

When anything comes through it, gravity will make them fall back in.
>>
>>34152353
Thanks to this thread I just spent like the last two hours nerding out reading up on SGA and SGU
>>
>>34148860
So I guess you've never watched GATE
>>
>>34152407
Is that that retarded anime that has actual longbows taking down Apaches? You know, despite the fact the Apache's chaingun has more than twice the effective range, and the unguided rockets has 40 times the effective range.
>>
>>34152526
Magic arrows, anon.

Chill.
>>
>>34148860
500 men, all in British redcoats, armed with high-tech railguns designed to look like muskets (Must be doable with alien tech surely). Each soldier is issued a small union jack as well to claim the other world for the Empire.
>>
>>34152526
Yes. GATE's fatal flaw is that it was made by the Japanese, so anything traditional and/or Japanese was stupidly OP.
>>
>>34152594
GATE is about JSDF completely destroying beast-race not-Roman empire though.

And beating other foreign special forces.

You are thinking of other anime.
>>
>>34148860
Set up a Davy Crockett aimed through the gate and some mechanism for forcibly cutting off an active connection.
>>
>>34152585
humans and human shit > magic bullshit and aliens. All day every day. HFY.
>>34152605
Japan has SF units?
>>
>>34152526
>Is that that retarded anime that has actual longbows taking down Apaches? You know, despite the fact the Apache's chaingun has more than twice the effective range, and the unguided rockets has 40 times the effective range.
None of which is a reason why a longbow *couldn't* take down an Apache.
>>
>>34152624
"Hai".

They are trained by Delta and rangers.
>>
>>34152526
>>34152585
>>34152594
>>34152605
It's not GATE, it's Seraph Of The End.
>>
>>34152635
The Apache can wreck longbow wielding infantry long before they can even think about hitting it. Ever read Red Platoon by Romero (spelling?) Two Apache's kill 30 rag heads in a matter of seconds despite taking fire from multiple DShKs. And that was with their chainguns, which have an effective range of 500m, compared to a longbows 200m.

Even ignoring the Apache's weaponry, unless you manage some serious FOD on the engines, a pissant little arrow would just scratch the paint. Supposing you did manage FOD, all that means is the helicopter flies back to base for repair, not explode.
>>34152642
TIL.
>>
>>34148860
GAU-8 pointed directly at it
>>
>>34148860
put an iris type cover on it a few microns from the event horizon
>>
>>34152726
I see longbow rekting apache in RTS and TBS games and I don't see you fags shrieking.

The anti-jap BS is real.
>>
>>34152773
>Why don't you complain about things you don't play.
Also, not a single thing I've said so far is anti-Jap. Anti-a specific anime, yes. Anti- suspension of disbelief, yes. But I haven't said a goddamn word about Japs.
>>
The simplest solution is to face it upward when not in use, anything going though(outside aircraft) will fall back in and be vaporized
>>
>>34152804
Anime is made by japs, who else?

Also, said anime at least has magic longbows, what excuse do Empire Earth and Civ have?
>>
>>34152744
That's literally what the original iris does.
>>
>>34153015
dislike of a specific product != dislike of people from a geographic area

And once again, I haven't played either of those. I did play World in Conflict. It was good.
>>
>>34148860
Outside of what they did? Well >>34150338 is pretty spot-on with what would be a good idea. Except maybe the WMD stuff, that's the better side of insane and would be pointless against like half of the threats SG-1 faced.

However.

I would greatly expand the gate room out into a larger area, probably just straight-up take M1A2 turrets and plop them down and accessed from tunnels that lead back to a second chamber. Gate room is encased in two feet of solid RHA steel plate, then two feet of concrete, and another foot of steel plating that makes up the room's interior surface. That entry room (only way in and out of the gate room except by removing the ceiling) has just the exterior structural concrete and a foot of steel, from there the weapons stations inside the gate room could be accessed via tunnel.

I think I would turn the floor into nothing but a sea of thick steel grates that could be flipped up on command, making the entire thing a sea of knee-knockers.

Roof-mounted remotely operated weapons, M134s, M61s, pair of GAU-12s above the blast doors separating the gate room and entry room.

>>34153042
That's literally his fucking point.

>>34148932
>>34149095
>>34149176
This would make having allies impossible and doom anyone looking for help from us. Dumb idea.
>>
>>34148860
Insert a plug in it when I don't use it, a wormhole won't form if the gate is obstructed.

Otherwise, the defenses they had in the show work.

>>34149095
I forgot that was a thing you could do. Though I'm kind of worried about all the unintended side-effects that can have.

>>34149369
I'm pretty sure obstructing the gate proper stops it from being able to make a connection. Furthermore, leave it facing up and gravity will have whoever comes through fall back into the event horizon and atomize.
>>
File: 1376761196554.jpg (138KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1376761196554.jpg
138KB, 500x399px
A giant electric furnace right at the exit

Walk out of stargate, find self in oven
>>
>>34150465
in a couple of quintillion years
>>
>>34150465
If submerged, liquid doesn't constantly pass through uninhibited, there have been gates opening up under water.
>>
>>34148932
>but they can be put into relay mode according to canon it's like a call redirect. just redirect incomings to some random nasty desert planet.
/g/ here. Redirect to /dev/null, of course.
>>
>>34150338
>The gate is big enough to fit tanks and helicopters through, we're going in heavy.
>tfw we will never see M1 tanks with staff weapon cannons breaking through jaffa lines.
>we will never see humans taking a big fat dump on system lords and break them in open warfare.
>>
File: nuke.jpg (106KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nuke.jpg
106KB, 960x540px
The best defense is a good offense. I say we pre-emptively nuke it.
>>
>>34155483
>Stargate: The Final Solution

Also just move the gate to Chigaco and let the residents deal with the threats.
>>
File: 1448394996190.jpg (39KB, 683x470px) Image search: [Google]
1448394996190.jpg
39KB, 683x470px
>>34152624
>humans and human shit > magic bullshit and aliens. All day every day. HFY.
The magic longbowmen are humans and the apaches are vampires. Are you sure you're not confused?
>>
>>34156989
I want to see the IDF and various Christian organizations get involved too. Hell, maybe even Muslims if we can find an Islamic nation that isn't pants on head retarded at war.
>Tok'ra is one letter off from Torah - this is not an accident. Passing down instruction or knowledge to humans (the literal meaning of "torah" in Hebrew) was "against Ra", or "tok'Ra," under the established order of life.
>"Thou shalt have no other gods before me" is a weaponized meme for getting people to stop fearing the Goa'ould.
>Moses became "part of the royal family" by having a son of Egeria riding around in his central nervous system.
>Exodus was the first attempt at a rebellion against Ra, and the miracles were Tok'ra hax.
>Abrahamic religion was developed to prevent ayylmao snakes from winning hearts and minds if they ever came back, complete with the image of serpents as evil temptors.
>Moros/Merlin and the other remaining Ancients attached their anti-Ori memes (fire = Devil) to this rather than trying to subert it.
>Mormonism's secret ayy tablets and promises of planetary dominion to its followers are because Joseph Smith was another Tok'ra.
>JMB was driven to make so many incredible weapons because he knew they'd be needed against the System Lords.
>The SGC gate room has a few Ma Deuces in it.
>>
Have the chamber fitted with fluorinated metal plating, flood it with ClF3.
bye,bye ET
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_trifluoride
>>
>>34148860
Do it like the Russians did and have the possibility to flood the entire compound (or areas of it) with nerve gas.
>>
>>34148860
Everyone else must be fucking retarded, just put that bitch upside down so everything crashes into the floor
>>
>>34148969
>>34148980
Pretty sure that actually happened in one episode.

...or it was a weapons test or something.. regardless the gate was still active on top of molten rock.... I think it ended up exploding and taking a good chunk out of the planet it was on.

>>34150465
One direction of travel only. Dialing gate to receiving gate.
>>
File: it hasnt even begun.png (233KB, 620x634px) Image search: [Google]
it hasnt even begun.png
233KB, 620x634px
>>34148860
Well here's the thing, in case of a bona fide invasion im having the gate room rigged with a bunch of explosives behind the walls and im going to blow the whole room, burying the gate.

The corridors leading to it will be armed with Missiles (Hellfire probably). They will reactivate the gate and then start tunneling through to reach corridors. But instead of a beach head they just run into a rack of Missiles which launches and further buries and kills more guys coming through.

> this will even kill Kull Warriors, but only a few at a time, the one that gets hit dies and the couple near it get crushed.

This buys time, the SGC has those communicator things to talk to the TokRa, there's also the Prometheus and Daedalus on their end that they can use to work on other solutions.

Beyond the trapped corridors there will be MALPs armed with Quad .50 machineguns or 7.62mm Miniguns.

Teal'C will be equipped with one of the Supersoldier armor suits that had been captured before, along with a cloaking device if possible, and armed with a Zat Gun or Deathglider Cannon he's going to be ripping entire columns of Jaffa a new asshole.

However this all depends on what they're using.

The Deathglider cannon can still be effective against the Supersoldiers because its got enough brute force, despite being an energy weapon.

Carter is probably rigging a Naquadah generator to blow but with just enough force to destroy the compound - but not destroy the gate (maybe like a 1-2 Kiloton blast).

Later on they can beam the Gate out.

>>34148916

>ceramic armor meme
The problem isnt the armor plates, its the fact the plate carrier is being subjected to plasma temperatures (30k degrees) and a concussive blast.

Armor gets set on Fire even though an incendiary compound is not used. And the Impact force seems to be an order of magnitude higher than a shotgun blast (mack truck effect).

Its like being hit with a small grenade just without the fragmentation.
>>
>>34157799
>Pretty sure that actually happened in one episode.
>...or it was a weapons test or something.. regardless the gate was still active on top of molten rock.... I think it ended up exploding and taking a good chunk out of the planet it was on.

I think you are mixing 2 different episodes.
In one episode on SG:A there was that one planet that had a Ancient geothermally powered station on top of a supervolcano, that gate ended up sinking into the lava and not exploding. (The same episode they got the Ancient cruiser)
The weapon test one was when Hammond was forced to retire and SGC briefly had a new CO. They detonated a naquadah enhanced nuke on abandoned naquadah mining planet, destroying the gate and significant chunk of the planet.
>>
>>34158071
>The problem isnt the armor plates, its the fact the plate carrier is being subjected to plasma temperatures
He meant ceramic armor on the vehicles.
>>
>>34158136
Are you sure the gate detonated during the weapons test? I distinctly recall it sitting on top of the molten planet and the problem was that the gate was feeding off the thermal energy and was going to cause both that gate, and the earth gate to blow and they were trying to get the gate to short and jump to another planet like the black hole episode.

Dammit now I want to binge watch all of SG1 again and I don't have the dvds right now.
>>
>>34158208
>I distinctly recall it sitting on top of the molten planet and the problem was that the gate was feeding off the thermal energy and was going to cause both that gate, and the earth gate to blow and they were trying to get the gate to short and jump to another planet like the black hole episode.
Oh, right didn't remember that. Yeah, the gate survived.
>>
>>34157243
>JMB was driven to make so many incredible weapons because he knew they'd be needed against the System Lords.
I laughed too hard at this. I wish I was Mormon to really appreciate this one.

That would be cool as fuck if they used our religions against the Goa'uld, but >>34156989 paints a picture I want to happen.

>>34158071
>burying the gate defense
Literally one of the worst ideas in this thread, -several- times SGC got by on the skin of it's teeth with that iris because they had physical access to it. Burying the gate would mean shitheads like Anubis could pump a particle beam through it to vaporize a cavity and then send some incredible planet-killing superbomb right on in.

>relying on the Tok'ra, for anything
We made the Prometheus because SGC realized that we're SOL if anything happens and the good sneks are busy celebrating Snakemadan and can't break their fast or something. Your other ideas are okay but as for the gate room I'm standing firm on my suggestions here >>34154094

If anyone's been aboard a ship for any length of time a football field of shin-high metal plates is going to make enemy troops that breach the iris look like chumps as they hop and waddle over them. SG team runs through, makes a hard right/left, control room flips the floor to fuck-you and the incoming jaffa bumble around like retards while being chewed the fuck up by 7.62x51mm NATO.

Kull warriors come through and we have GAU-12s, the F-35's cannon. It is in every way better than the GAU-8, maybe give it special naquadah-enhanced HE (NHE?) rounds between three AP and an API.

Maybe a roof-mounted arm or something that fired one in a wide arc through the gate, sweeping from side to side. Yeah Hellfires are cool but this is cheaper and more awesome.
>>
>>34157645
was waiting for this.
fucking glorious
>>
>>34150613
clorine is a pretty universal problem.
>>
Suspend the stargate over a pit of spikes filled with poisonous sneks
>>
>>34148860
Move the stargate to Detroit
>>
>>34158378
>GAU-8, maybe give it special naquadah-enhanced HE (NHE?) rounds between three AP and an API.

Ehhhhhh..... I think Naquadah is one of those scifi elements that's a bit too unstable for that kind of thing.... I mean remember, a naquadah reactor that can power the entire SGC is about the size of a boombox, and it's kind of a pain in the ass to get, better to stick with DU.
>>
>>34148860
build a second stargate and put their entrances right up next to each other
>>
>>34158536
>build a second stargate
No one has that technology....well the anchients do but they ain't sharing.

You've gotta steal one bro.
>>
>>34158536
Assuming we're talking about Stargate stargates, that won't work unless you have some computer math whiz rig them to ignore the fact that there are two in the exact same spot.
>>
>>34158485
It just needs to explode good. They use it for missiles a hell of a lot, and Staff Weapons are powered by liquid Naquadah.

Depleted Naquadah from used up Reactors for AP and Naquadah Enhanced High Explosive (NEHE), the perfect load out.
>>
File: GKXMYyO.jpg (154KB, 1266x713px) Image search: [Google]
GKXMYyO.jpg
154KB, 1266x713px
GAU-8 turrets, several of them.
>>
>>How do you defend this very narrow chokepoint expecting mostly infantry and some heavy equipment?
1. Dig a very big hole and rest stargate on its side.
2.Build stainless steel interior along the sides.
3.Smooth and lubricate the sides of this hole.
4. Create an infantry port 5 feet down so they can climb into the stargate to oppose.
5.Make sure infantry port can close.
6.Build industrial shredder system at the very bottom of this hole that is the same diameter as the stargate.
7. Seal off and profit.

If anyone comes through, they will fall 5000 feet to their deaths.
If anyone needs to use the stargate, they can climb up the entry port with their equipment.
>>
>>34148860
Whats coming trough?If only infantry, nerve gas.If heavy equipment,xray laser
>>
>build nuclear submarine with ridiculously high crush depth
>put stargate inside
>if shit goes seriously down, the Pacific Ocean deals with the problem for you

That or a Cassaba howitzer pointed directly at the entrance.
>>
File: 1485109405936.gif (557KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485109405936.gif
557KB, 400x400px
>>34158723
>Build industrial shredder system at the very bottom of this hole that is the same diameter as the stargate.
I like it.
>>
>>34148860
Place it in the middle of a 1000 yard deep ball pit.
The utlimate defense.
>>
>>34157799
There was an episode of Atlantis where an Ancient Outpost used a massive super volcano for geothermal energy to power a shield. Some people moved in and left the shield on too long, causing the volcano to wake up right after the Atlantis Expedition found them. They tried to help evacuate the people before the eruption, but the Stargate was lost to lava. Nothing really happened other than they were unable to dial the gate because it was in molten rock and was effectively buried.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Inferno

There was another where it was hit by a meteorite, but it was just buried. The event horizon left a pocket so they could still dial it, but the lack of room meant nothing of any worthwhile mass would survive reintegration.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/A_Hundred_Days
>>
>>34158485
>>34158676
It really isn't -that- rare though, the stuff is used for fucking currency and barter. Weapons-grade naquadah might be expensive as shit and highly valuable, but like the anon said you don't need much and it's not like you could get much in a round anyway. Remember when that super hot Tok'ra made SG-1 turbo sanic? They stuffed a supersize-me ALICE pack full of the high grade shit.

What kind of burns my ass is that SGC never, ever went all out and secured mines. There's free jaffa all over the goddamn place a few seasons in, all it would take is for SG-10 or one of the other retard nobody cares teams to escort some engineers from Caterpillar and have them cook up some equipment. SG-1 literally freed entire prison camps before, all they would have to do is say, "hey you guys sick and tired of the Goa'uld? We need naquadah, let's get it done."

Or rather it would probably be Teal'c standing there flexing his jaw before grunting, "BROTHAHS, THE TAU'RI..." and then some big speech about please no steppy and fuck the Goa'uld. Whatever works.

Speaking of that... Honestly there has to be some minor Goa'uld out there who's not a psychopathic dick, we can see several times they're not some one-sided sci-fi villain. Yu is pretty okay, plenty of minor Goa'uld are quite happy being low on the totem pole, and the Tok'ra are an entire faction of hippies. I do like that the writers didn't fall into the trap of going, "ya well they is evil so whatev," and just turning them into dumb cartoons. Even Apophis, the arch fucking nemesis of SG-1, is shown to care about his queen and his kid. He even reluctantly agrees to help SG-1 and lets them go on occasion, hell, had they left him be Ba'al wouldn't have been a thorn in anyone's side.

I liked that.

I was always hoping we would see one LARPing as a badass while his underlings are actually an unruly bunch of free jaffa and humans. Then in his spare time he collects shit and moonlights as an inventor or something.
>>
>>34159050
>I was always hoping we would see one LARPing as a badass while his underlings are actually an unruly bunch of free jaffa and humans. Then in his spare time he collects shit and moonlights as an inventor or something.

.....I vaugely recall an episode or two involving that premise where some goa'uld wasn't into the whole "enslavement" aspect of the culture and more or less treated his people with a decent modicum of respect. Granted he may have gotten killed off....I think. I might just be remembering shit wrong.

Also it always bugged me that the goa'uld didn't use legit heavy equipment and the majority of their economy was slave larbor based... I mean fuck, a half decent run of spanish flu could leave a system lord's holdings crippled for a generation or two.
>>
>>34159243
You're probably thinking of that old human guy with a sarcophagus and the daughter that thought Daniel was hot shit.

Yeah, the lack of heavy equipment seemed exceptionally short-sighted. Then again if you think about it what was their strongest tool of oppression? Fear. They ruled with iron fists and were so fucking far above the locals in terms of force that it quickly became a gamble to give them anything they might jerry-rig into tanks. Having a retarded amount of slaves was way easier in the short-term day to day oppression than having some convoluted apparatus to make sure every piece of motorized equipment was accounted for at all times.

Plus if it got down to it they could just go rustle up some humans from some ass end of nowhere. Lose a few million? Point the jaffa toward a sleepy pre-industrial world and have them capture new meat. Sure, humans are more fragile, but they're a dime a dozen out in the galaxy.
>>
>>34159544
>the daughter that thought Daniel was hot shit

The one that was the goa'uld, or the one that wasn't.... because I think both have happened and both turned out to be evil...

fuck I think the closest to sa normal relationship hat Daniel had (obviously aside from his first wife who got carted off by apophis) was Vala.... and that's kinda setting that bar low.... or would that be high... I'm honestly not sure.
>>
sink the gate to the bottom of the ocean
>>
>>34159050
>I was always hoping we would see one LARPing as a badass while his underlings are actually an unruly bunch of free jaffa and humans. Then in his spare time he collects shit and moonlights as an inventor or something.
The tinkerer Goa'ould was some Roman god of gluttony. Landry locked him in a room without food until he agreed to cooperate.
>>
>>34159685
There wasn't any that I can recall, it was just that one old guy who was batshit crazy because of the sarcophagus. He wasn't evil.

Daniel kind of went off the deep end for a bit and we got to see Michael Shanks act his fucking heart out.

Daniel's relationship woes oddly enough became a really important part of the show at times. Especially with Linnea, that entire episode was cool as shit but it made me feel a little angry that there wasn't a happy ending for anyone except the people of the planet. All of the named characters kind of walked away from that either feeling bad or just in a shitty situation.

>>34159720
Completely different scenario, like pretty much the exact opposite of what I said, and even then he didn't really cooperate. Don't focus so much on the guy's hobbies and focus more on his role for the society, that scenario never materialized in the show.
>>
>>34158397
but it has nothing on good old F.
F is saying fuck you in the language of chemists. it reads fluorine.
>>
>>34159836
in fact fluorine makes the aliens blood look like baby-lotion.
>>
>>34157045
They have nukes ready and waiting to deploy in the very first episode of the series, and of course nuke-a-snake was the solution to the original movie. I guess they didn't use them much because that makes for an anticlimactic episode.
>General, the gate appears to be inside Apophis's citadel
>nuke it
>OK
>>
>>34148860
The Stargate is in a missile silo, I would suspend it from the ceiling while not in use. Snekmen come through and make a nice plop sound. Clean up the mess and secure their arms for future use.
>>
>>34158583
>No one has that technology

The tollans can (they were helped by the Nox i think, not sure).
>>
>>34159050
>What kind of burns my ass is that SGC never, ever went all out and secured mines
They did, it's just mostly off screen.

There is one episode with the mines, the area was full of Unas, they went to war almost, and in the end they made a deal with them, the Unas exploiting the mines for the humans.
>>
>>34161404
They did it once. Once.

Those "off-screen" mines are non-existent until the story completely shifts away from the SGC struggling to field even a single ship. Once the Daedalus comes about it's just a foregone conclusion made in a few lines of dialogue that we're able to do this shit.
>>
>>34161577
That's because most TV viewers don't care about infrastructure and logistics.
>>
>>34161298
that's... not a half bad idea.
>>
A dozen Goalkeeper GAU-8s pointing at it at various angles and various distances. Two dozen M2s thrown in the mix. Closer up are remote flame throwers. Basically, if something nasty wants in, flamethrowers light it up. If it isn't dissuaded, the M2s go to work, most aiming at/around the iris and some sweeping the flamethrowers to ensure maximum death. If that doesn't work, the GAU-8 turn on and deliver twelve times 70 rounds per second of whatever's the flavor of the day. They would also target incoming small flying craft, being CIWS.
>>
Spend all the money on a bunch of P90s.
>>
>>34161633
??? We're talking about fucking sci-fi fans.

You could spend an entire episode shouting facts about the Stargate lore and people would watch it. Tell me right now you wouldn't sit through an episode of the characters doing an hour-long briefing, I fucking dare you, because I know just about everyone in this thread would listen to Gen. Hammond ask questions in a Texas drawl while Maj. Davis and Maj. Carter answered them.

What happened, and I've had this happen with my own writing, is that the story gets so big that the team has difficulty choosing when and where the window into it happens. There's a lot of fun things to choose from, they can spitball and shout out random things like, "Thor gets captured!" "Pregnant villagers!" "Teal'c gets locked in the medbay!" and "Motherfucking Goa'uld replicator dildos!" before the producers say that no, the network won't allow us to show that last one.

Fortunately SG-1 was run by people who had their shit together, this kind of "haha bulbasaur! :DDD" randomness can spiral out of control and we get a trainwreck like Falling Skies.

Think on that for a moment.

So all those missed opportunities for lore building kind of fall off to the side as the writers just sort of clusterfuck in a certain direction. That's why you get those little variety episodes and moments where it isn't part of the main story arc, but it's interesting and the writers get to play with things a bit. This is good, it's what made the franchise such a solid hit because both SG-1 and SG:A were just plain fun. It was appealing to younger viewers, hardcore sci-fi fans, and military fans, but this isn't to say they couldn't have gone the other way. Indeed, the lore was flexible enough for them to include planet Vankoovur'quaree IV a bit more and do some "war effort" segments.

>>34161706
>GAU-8
>not GAU-12
reeee
>>
>>34161858
>25mm GAU-12
>30mm GAU-8

More bigger is more better.
>>
>>34148860
Build another Iris. I'm sure it's been pointed out in this thread multiple times but they tried to drop bombs in on SGC quite a few times.
>>
>>34148860
Another Stargate directly in front of that one with a random destination on speed dial. If the main one opens, activate the second. Anything emerging from the first gets ducked through the second and ends up somehwere it isn't my problem.
>>
>>34162134
>GAU-8
>less effective range
>heaver weapon system
>only real performance edge is in AP role
>ammunition is used literally just by the A-10 and Mk44
Nope. Having the open rejection of such an expensive snowflake weapon system on file would help in the constant budget war SGC fights.

Having some snowflake mongoloid cannon wouldn't be a good idea. If you want big, go 40mm L/70.
>>
>>34148860
Wall of spikes.
>gate opens
>no ID code general!
>tell gateroom team to deploy spikes
>wall of spikes is erected in front of gate
>enemy Jaffa walk into spikes and are impaled
>????
>free Jaffa corpses for everyone.
>>
>>34161309
Tollans ain't around no more, bruv. And the Nox are all like fuck you, prime directive, suck my dick
>>
File: pluto3.jpg (17KB, 650x411px) Image search: [Google]
pluto3.jpg
17KB, 650x411px
Fuck defending just go full offensive and shit on every system lord planet we find. Snakes are trying to conquer Earth? just dial up their home world and send them our flying Chernobyl's free of charge! If the gate on that world is in a building then send in a Tsar bomba first, then send in Pluto.
>>
>>34163411
Radiation does not harm sneks.
>>
>>34163445
Pluto is just to make the planet uninhabitable and kill the regular people. The Tsar Bomba is what will really do the damage if they piss off humanity enough.
>>
File: l5HjLU7.png (345KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
l5HjLU7.png
345KB, 400x600px
>>34162728
>>
Hey, what would happen if we fired the Big Fun Russian Gun through the gate?
>>
>>34163505
>Big Fun Russian Gun
I hope you mean a fucking gigantic 300 foot long Mosin-Nagant that fires bullets containing Spetsnaz teams.

If so I support this idea.
>>
>>34148860

Set it up on a raised platform above a ballpit
Things chucked through would go up and then fall back into the gate, soldiers that got through would spaghetti into the ballpit
>>
>>34159685
there's two episodes. the old crazy dude that had killed the previous goauld and abused the sarcophagus and a short-lived tokra mole that infiltrated one of the big guys organizations and posed as the lord of a small outpost. the guy is killed by a strike of tokra poison missiles.
>>
>>34163587
Well Vala did like watching farscape
>>
>not once does SGC send in a LAV or anything cool to completely decimate the Jaffa forces

I guess absolute slaughters aren't allowed on TV.
>>
>>34163742
They do use drones but just for recon a couple times.
Also why no have the gate rotate 90 degrees and be flat (like that episode where the gate gets hit by a meteor and jack gets stuck off world) so when people come through they just fall back into the gate
>>
>>34163742
They send a guided misslie once to kill a bad guy.
>>
>>34151637
>>34148903
>>34148879

You can still fill it with rock and have the dialing fail. Why not have an iris that actually prevents activations at all when you don't have a team offworld?
>>
>>34166744
Because if a team has an emergency, they won't be able to dial home and request to return early.

And I also wondered why they never did that with the Iris to temporarily disable their gate when they were being attacked by a constantly redialing enemy. Just give it two positions, "Intersect event horizon and prevent establishment" and "Microns over the even horizon to prevent reintegration". Forget trying to make the dialing computer faster, just wait for the 38 minute window, iris block their dial, then time the retraction with the 7th chevron so you can get an outgoing wormhole with no chance of being interrupted.

And why did they never steal a DHD from an uninhabited world to 'upgrade' their system? I know it would be difficult to get back home, but the Tok'Ra would surely help if it meant they didn't override any more safety protocols and cause anymore fuck ups like that one where they accidentally jump start someone's sun going supernova.
>>
>>34166840
>Because if a team has an emergency, they won't be able to dial home and request to return early.
>when you don't have a team offworld?
Come on now.
>>
>>34166892
Oh, whoops.

Well once you make friends off world, you'll always technically have a team off wold that might need your help, or want to offer you something. Shutting yourself out like that would just be playing into the government's hands.
>>
>>34166920
Don't several of their allies have methods of communicating FTL though?

Its been a while since I've seen the show, but I'm pretty sure that at least the Humans that had the phasing-through-solid-matter technology could do it.
>>
casaba howitzer pointed directly at the entrance
>>
>>34166947
Yeah, but none of them wanted to share.

The Tollan you mentioned had some kind of fancy folded space light pulse to tell the Nox they needed some help getting off Earth. But that seemed very one way.

The NID reverse engineered those Goa'uld Communication Balls, so they could be used, assuming it was secure.

Tok'Ra had communicators, but again they only ever shared them if they needed the Tau'ri's help with something.
>>
File: fine russian cuisine.jpg (61KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
fine russian cuisine.jpg
61KB, 660x495px
>>34163553
The Super Fun Russian Gun is even better than a giganugget. It's a relativistic EFP cannon powered by a Tsar Bomba.
>take a nuke
>make a concrete pressure chamber of a specific size for the nuke in question
>fill it with water and float the nuke into the middle
>cap it with an enormous copper plate
>detonate the nuke
>all the water vaporizes instantly
>copper plate projected towards enemy at at least 10% the speed of light
>>
>>34167077
So a gun type nuclear weapon?
>>
>>34167088
It's a gigantic cartridge with a copper bullet that uses water instead of powder and a nuke as the primer. There are also crazy 60s ideas from the US of using shaped-charge fission bombs to create concentrated rays of pure "fuck everybody for a few hundred kilometers in this direction", which is much closer to a gun type nuclear weapon in that the payload is nuclear.
>>
File: apophis.jpg (71KB, 556x390px) Image search: [Google]
apophis.jpg
71KB, 556x390px
>>34167077
A fucking nuclear EFP lmao that's fucking glorious.

>gate opens on gigantic super capital ship
>JAFFA! KREE!
>retards in silver shnckshnck armor start marching to take up defensive positions
>they march everywhere
>a few of them run
>they are the unlucky ones
>suddenly a gate-sized chunk of alloy comes flying through and before anyone realizes it there's a gate-sized hole going through the fucking ship
>right through where that formation had been
>right out to space
>when everyone starts to recover they realize they realize the air's been sucked out

>off in the distance an attack ship begins to list and yaw because a gigantic chunk of Tauri metal has shoved it's bridge into it's power core and kept going
>fleet is in disarray
>>
>>34167077
>Turning US experiment that had a place IRL into mythical Russian Superweapon project
BS.
>>
>>34162508
lol, best idea, like another gate in space placed really close to a star or just outside the milky way or on a planet that smells like poop and has bugs that like to crawl in your pee hole and eat their way out
>>
>>34157045
>there was a stargate episode
fucking hell i need to watch it.

Also since when Daniel was so ripped?
i recall he was massively showing off is arms when he infiltrated that system lord reunion
>>
>>34163505
>>34163553
>>34167153
>>34167077

Naquadah-enhanced SADM-based Casaba howitzer should be ~5kt given that a SADM is ~10mt, 70% of energy in directed blast...chuck it through the gate, fun times.
>>
>>34167246
I want to say after he came back and replaced poor Corin Nemec, but Summit was early in Season 5 and Jonas was Season 6.

So I'd guess between seasons 4 and 5 he decided to stop being a nerd with those ridiculous sideburns and noodle arms.
>>
>>34167246
You'd get ripped too if you had to do the crazy shit he had to go through to survive over the years.
>>
>>34167392
I always wanted Daniel and Jonas to work together more, probably my two favorite characters of the show. I also felt pretty bad for the Goa'uld who was pretending to be her host and fell in love with Jonas, another one of those "wow life sucks" moments when she died to save the host.

I like to imagine that Jonas thinks a lot about her/it, he was a very thoughtful and intelligent character.
>>
>>34149424
I hate sand. It gets everywhere.
>>
>>34149095

>>34154094
>This would make having allies impossible and doom anyone looking for help from us. Dumb idea.

It would work well as a temporary measure until the iris is operational again.
>>
File: darth moot.jpg (43KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
darth moot.jpg
43KB, 1200x630px
>>34170881
Anakin pls.
>>
>>34167153
It actually gets more useful the more spread out a fleet is because just shoving a normal nuke through would just kill the ship the gate is on.
>>
File: gate missile.webm (1MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
gate missile.webm
1MB, 852x480px
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.