[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /k/ here's a question It's 1938 and Dieudonné

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0547.jpg (1MB, 4032x1683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0547.jpg
1MB, 4032x1683px
Okay /k/ here's a question

It's 1938 and Dieudonné Saive has just released a new rifle to market. What we would call an FN-49 has been released to the international market ahead of schedule and is now in direct competition with the M1 Garand.

So /k/ommamdos if you were a nation in 1938 looking to modernize your military given the rising political tension would you chose the M1 or the SAFN?

Note: will make the SAFN export model chambered in 8mm simply because the Belgians at the time used 7.65x53mm which to my knowledge wasn't that common a round for many countries except for Belgium, Spain, Turkey, and various Latin American countries.

Take you pick /k/ which would you attempt to rearm your military with?
>>
>>34143354
Carcanos.

I imagine my nation is poor as fuck and I need a rifle we can manufacture domestically in greater numbers.

Not in 7mm though, holy fuck those had problems.
>>
>>34143363
So you're Italy?
>>
>>34143354
That depends a lot on the country, what we're looking at in terms of realistic military threats on the horizon, what we'd currently be using and what we can justifiably afford.

I'm also not sure what the unit cost would be or how hard it would be to license and begin domestic production.

Realistically we'd probably be stuck with existing bolt-action rifles. If it's in a caliber other than .30-06 it would probably be the SAFN since it's easy to license and build in a wide variety of calibers. It would probably also be able to use existing stripper clips, which would be a plus.
>>
>>34143354
Knowing what is going to start soon, I'd rather stick with whatever I have because the training/spare parts/ammunition and bug testing has already been done with my current rifle. Besides 1 year is nowhere enough time to secure the contract, test, set up production and distribute to the lads.
>>
>>34143354
>now in direct competition with the M1 Garand.
And rifles like the Czech ZH29 and 37, Polish Wz.38.

>wasn't that common a round for many countries except for Belgium, Spain, Turkey, and various Latin American countries.
Belgium, Ottoman Empire, Argentina, Paraguay, Peru, Bolivia. Spain used 7x57mm. Prior to WW1 however both 7x57mm and 7.65x53mm were more widely used than 8x57IS, which was only adopted by the German Empire, China, and the Vatican.
>>
>>34143378
yes
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.