[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck are WASR's going up in value? Literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Why the fuck are WASR's going up in value?

Literally the CHEAPEST wasr is now $620 shipped that I could find.

Literally a year ago these fuckers were like $500.
>>
Why is the sks so expensive these days? Why are mosins and just about everything surplus going up? Because cheap quality sells, wasrs aren't surplus but its the same premise.
>>
>>34143338
What is inflation, Alex?
>>
>>34143791
Panic buying, and people promoting milurp so much that milsurp turned from a niche market to an explosion of popularity.
>>
>>34143338

god I remember when the romanian ones were 279 shipped
>>
Supply and demand. Theres not enough supply. If they were $500 again, plenty of people would buy one.
On the other hand, theres a tremendous glut of AR15s. Cheapest complete rifle i saw was from psa for $370 something shipped
>>
bought one in 2009 becase I was too young to buy a handgun. cost me $249. blame obama and the ak ban
>>34143828
wrong
>>
File: 1427525333577.jpg (40KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1427525333577.jpg
40KB, 342x298px
>wanted to buy a WASR
>See prices of today
>might as well pony up the extra 200 and get an SLR for 850
>hoping like hell nothing happens to raise that price
>Still have to gather up the money for it

I looked at WASRs back in January and they were $550 on CF. What happened?
>>
Only one company (Century)makes WASRs, and they're built mostly with surplus parts from Cugir in Romania, who has shifted production to other things. That means parts are more scarce snd therefore more expensive. And as more and more of the world shifts towards AR pattern rifles, the profitability of making them will shrink, making them even more scarce and expensive.

You think the AK market is bad now, just wait another 5 years.
>>
>>34145723
So best to buy one now?
>>
I bought a Maadi (-47) for $180 back in the mid to late 1990s during the ban. That was the going price for them then.

I paid about a grand for an Arsenal SLR (-74) just before the last election.

Shit's fucked up these days man.
>>
>>34145763
If you want an AK.
>>
>>34143338
>$620 shipped
Where?
All the ones I have been looking at are damn near $670 shipped
I was seriously considering buying one when I last saw them at around $620 then one day they jumped up to $670. I am now just going to put what I was saving for a WASR into a PTR91. No need to spend that much money and risk getting canted sights and/or scope mounts.

The AK Operators Union had a post on facebook yesterday about a large quantity of WASRs having just been shipped to the US and there have been some speculations that the price may drop $50~ but its doubtful
>>
The same reason all other guns are ludicrously over priced. Because you're a bitch and the U.S. gun companies know you'll pay so fuck you like the worthless dirty who're you are.

But hey at least it's fair market right? Its not like there are any band making cheap foreign imports impossible and thus giving them complete ability to treat thier Customers with open content hostility and disdain due to a lack of viable alternative right?

Lol muh free market and all so clearly we all deserve to pay 4 to 5 times what these items are worth.
>>
>>34143338
>Literally a year ago these fuckers were like $500.

No, a year ago was June before the '16 election. They were in the $700s everywhere.
>>
>>34145403
as opposed to the german WASR?
>>
>>34146027
Found the commy pig fucker
>>
>>34143338

Lots of shitty American made AKs out there making people realize the only good AK is foreign made.

Increased demand + Lower supply = Higher price.
>>
>>34146027
Lmao your strongest point makes the best argument against you komrade. Since there is the import ban, we don't have a free market.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.