[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prior to raiding an area that has 5~10 armed people, would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (351KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
351KB, 900x601px
Prior to raiding an area that has 5~10 armed people,

would you start shooting at the exposed enemies from a distance taking at least one or two, but forcing the remaining enemies to dig in cover and ruin your element of surprise, making it harder for you to clear the inside?

or would you try to sneak in as close as possible, trying to exploit your element of surprise as much as possible then going shock and awe on their asses?

which one is more worth it?

Totally hypothetical by the way.
>>
>>34140367

Shoot at them from far away with no intention of running up.

If I can kill one, then I have won the battle and leave.
>>
>>34140367
>>34140453
Same fag is dumb fag. Aloha smackbar mutha fucka!
>>
>>34140514

learn to read the unique posters number newfag
>>
>>34140453
>>34140367
I'd have to say first poster has it down pretty well already.

Even then, you don't even have to leave. You can just sit there and wait, you have all the time in the world.

If you have some sort of artillery, or hell even a second shooter, then you can pick them off or rattle their souls with it while they're pinned down.
>>
>>34140367
they're not retards they're going to notice you trying to sneak up on them

just start shooting, maybe use some rocket launched explosives
>>
>>34140367
Depends on mission set.
In a full blown conventional, blow-everything-up mission, you would begin with larger artillery and air strikes to destroy key infrastructure that would make defending the area harder. The fires you use would taper to smaller fires as the maneuver element gets closer, for instance if the lead troop is 400 meters from the objective and thats the point where they start to get fucked up by 155mm artillery, then you switch to 120mm or 105mm. Also, terrain dependent you would have heavy weapons like Mk19 or 50 cal suppressing the OBJ and supporting your movement to the OBJ. Once you get super close to the objective you have to stop with the mortars and artillery and rely on heavy weapons and organic weapons to allow you to get close and breach whatever area it is you're trying to take.

If you needed to maintain surprise, you have to be much more deliberate, emplace overwatch and cordon elements and support-by-fire elements first, then send the assault force to do the thing. At any point during this if the maneuver element gets compromised, you employ the SBF the same way you would in a more conventional raid.

Which method you use depends on your operating environment, the target (human, terrain, intelligence or equipment based,) and routes to/from the OBJ.
>>
>>34140569
>>34140570
>>34140569
stfu same fags same basement. U never cervixed
>>
>>34140580
Where did you learn your retard tactics in the police academy?

If it wern't for previous psyop we'd be in vietnam all over again, no matter what new tech ya got?
>>
>>34140569
>>34140570
>>34140580
>OP says that -you- (means you alone), will raid a place that has five to ten defenders
>half of the thread suggests arty, RPGs and air strikes
>>
>>34140684
Ok fine, then shoot them once and then wait it out. The end. Why risk your life?
>>
Would establish surveillance.
Would wait for them to move out on their next mass movement. (they are going to move at some point)
When they are one K out - I hit the base with LGM using my recon team painting from the hills and the main body gets taken apart by strikers.
>>
>>34140709
And if they have thermal drones with BRRRT. What then? You probably won't here it then boom pink mist. Or literally sniped from air.
>>
>>34140580
>>34140603
>>34140689
Highly plausible... yes but the real question is, what clues to your motive?
>>
>>34140709
>'wait for them to move'
>op has picture of a FOB
Yeah, you gonna wait for a year?

Seriously though, what if you need to get inside there as soon as possible?
>>
>>34140709
This, but sit and be patient, wait and figure out some type of pattern they follow. Take a look at the structure, and figure out weak points; is there some place on it that could easily catch fire; do they need power, ac, or ventilation?

Once you've figured that out find a way to split them up/isolate them and eliminate the piece by piece. Spread it out if you need to. The point is to weaken their base while preserving your own resources.

If your in a rush, molitov the fuck out of the structure and shoot anyone who comes out, either they'll burn to death, get shot, or run away on fire.
>>
Shoot from afar
If it's just me staying concealed is important and easy to do
Getting closer is risky and can even be less beneficial
My weapon would greatly mater as well
If I had an at-15 for example I can't very well shoot though walls at 500m+
But if I have something like a mosin I won't be charging in ether
Terrain is also extremely important and who I am fighting
Psychology is a key part to warfair
>>
>>34140839
The worst times to be when going out wire and you hear a pop noise then some tiny thunder way off then *clank* your buddy is slumping to the side.

>>34140887
Knowing when you are being watched, ever seen crazy rearranging at last minutes, literally a rock paper scissor game.
>>
Op set the theatre. If they wait a year they are going to be very hungry.
Why do I need to get in.

I fire up the mortar pits and saturate the area for 5 whole days.
I assume my inventory is better than theirs at this point.

Look if I NEEEED TO GET IN...then I'm hitting the area with a local emp knocking all Electronics out while I 155 the fucking place and then I have options right after that.

I need to know what terrain i'm in tho.

You can't just say what would you do if blahhh?
>>
>>34140943
Very good point, but thats why you have to be autistic about how you watch the place. As >>34140906 said.
Terrain is important, middle of town square in a big city is wayyy differnt than bfe. Your just going to have to play it by ear, and make good decisions. Can't help much further than that.
>>
Depends so much on the layout and cover availability for transit to the site from whatever distance. But very generally speaking, I'd focus on sniping any guards from 100 metres or more with a .22lr suppressed, using subsonics, taking them in improvised succession per their arrangement on the perimeter. Don't want one guy seeing the other guy drop, so pecking order is important. Then once clear, rush in with something bigger, preferably a couple of grenades tossed in windows or doors at almost the same time. Then take the high point and pop whoever comes out.
>>
>>34140569
What makes you think they'll all go out? Maybe one or two which you'll pick off easily but the rest will never go out as soon as they smell a competent sniper outside
>>
shoot 10000 rounds of suppression and call in an airstrike

t. US army
>>
>wait for their water resupply
>emplace ied, or stinger missile to shoot down bird
>habitually destroy water supply
>enemy must leave or dies of dehydration
>>
>>34142554
Plot twist
>Coup just happened now the army is split in two.
> Most of the valuable senior field officers were conveniently in an inconvenient station when the split happened.

You must fire on domestic American terrorists. The collateral damage is as much as that which did not listen to the call to get out of town before the big winds. There wasn't ample time. If you don't act now, the terrorists gain land and time to improve their technology with defectors.
>>
>>34140367
What's the goal (do I need something from their compound), how professional do they seem, do I have a team, or is it just me? What's available for equipment?
>>
>>34142675
You are a CO company strength.
All equipment at your disposal but throwing it all will hurt your moneybag for retirement.
Using too many new techs you havn't studied well and opfor has a greater chance of capturing and re-engineering, because they have a highly advanced black box system.

Vietnam 3.1
>>
>>34141164
>22lr
>100 meters
crank that motherfucking elevation knob all the way up
>>
File: 1496264689825.png (120KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1496264689825.png
120KB, 500x476px
>>34140367
>would you start shooting at the exposed enemies from a distance taking at least one or tw-
Yes i would

Why ? well let me put you in a simple position

>Use the surprise to take out those in covers, the rest will fall back toward said cover, dig in as well as recover the gear of their fallen comrades
>Use the surprise to take out those that are outside, the rest will rush to cover and dig in with all the gear they have on them

Clearing is theorically much easier when they don't throw or shoot the dead's ammunitions.
>>
>>34140684
>-you- (means you alone)
Why would you assume alone? What tardo fights 5-10 people all alone? If that's the case the answer is either "don't" or "shoot from a distance a few times and leave" because you're not going to successfully fight 10 people all by yourself
>>
File: CCISV_1050fps.png (113KB, 1307x405px) Image search: [Google]
CCISV_1050fps.png
113KB, 1307x405px
>>34144572
Nah. Here's a chart for CCI Standard Velocity out one one of my suppressed .22lr rifles. 31cm drop is easy to compensate for, and with still 70fpe at the target and decent accuracy should provide adequate almost silent sniping.
>>
>>34140603

he posted literal military doctrine you fucking idiot
>>
>>34140757
>muh thermals

This is what faggots who have never been in scouts/recon ackshully believe.

Spoiler m8: any competently prepared hide will block thermals.

A reflective trauma blanket taped to the underside of a poncho will, FFS.
>>
>>34140367
>which one is more worth it?

It depends on

1. Your capability

and

2. Your mission

If you are the US military with the strongest force projection in the world and possibly best logistics (anecdotal experience of S4s being stingy shit cunts aside) in history then you wait until night time and you do the latter because you will have a support element who can do both support by fire and cordon, casualty collection, and MEDEVAC or CASEVAC. You also likely have some kind of ISR platform in the air.

If you are an insurgent then you strike in and from within a population center so any disproportionate response has a high risk of collateral damage and non combatant casualties. And, as FPBP stated, you don't have to kill more than one.
>>
>>34146140
Airsoft military doctrine ayyyy
>>
>>34147446
Ok so us has good support and logs, but the ol dune dug bastards already know "reverb function fire", you send first send in an initial team, bang, losses but you have good data to map their movements. Then you send in a special team to isolate opfor and sweep based on that specific data, bang, costly losses and less than useful data captured. Opfor had fewer losses as probable. Are we leaking?

>>34140943
This guy gets it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.