[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so your basic Glock 17 slide weighs 370g and for a blowback

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image35209.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image35209.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
Okay so your basic Glock 17 slide weighs 370g and for a blowback 9mm to function properly your bolt/slide has to weigh atleast 450g. So what's the point of a locked breech action if you're only saving about 80g of weight?
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 1024x708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 1024x708px
Bump. Im interested
>>
>>34139493
Accuracy? Also that's almost 3 oz, which is a lot in a hand gun.
>>
>>34139493

Because you gain almost nothing for that weight. Locked breach semi-autos are very reliable, to the point that the the extra mass moving back and fourth and making accuracy shit just isn't worth the minor reliability gain.
>>
>>34139831
You gain a $200 reduction in the prize of the gun.
>>
>>34139883
At the cost of weight and accuracy? Starting to think you're legit retarded. This was a shit thread.
>>
>>34139883

I'm not so poor that it matters. I will take the lighter and more accurate gun for $200 more.
>>
>>34139905
We've been flooded lately
>>
>>34139905
>>34139908
>weight
Only a very minor increase.
>accuracy
What are you talking about? Wouldn't a fixed barrel made possible by the blowback design contribute to better accuracy?
>>
>>34139974
>Only a very minor increase

It's an increase, so it's a negative.

>Wouldn't a fixed barrel made possible by the blowback design contribute to better accuracy?

If you are shooting the gun rapidly it will be moving around more because it has more moving mass and that mass is cycling RAPIDLY. There are fixed barrel semi-auto pistols that aren't blowback BTW.

Look, this is not difficult to understand, there are benefits and drawbacks. For almost all uses the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.

The most accurate gun is likely a single shot. If not that, then a long barrel revolver.

The best all-round gun is the modern polymer semi-auto

The cheapest nigger guns are blowback.

Stop being an autist.
>>
>>34139493

>80g of weight

you dense fuck
>>
>>34139883
$200 msrp.
Most guns COST less than half of what they retail. That's how profits are made.hipoints are cheap because they're are made as cheaply as possible, not because they're blowback. Makarovs are cheap because 36973016479233 were made, not because they're blowback. Look at the price of SD9VEs, Shields, bulk buy glocks, Caniks, EAAs etc etc
>>
>>34140045
Yeah ofc there are benefits and drawbacks but i'd say that saving $200 is well worth it for a very minor increase in weight and a minor reduction in rate of fire. Pistols are secondary weapons after all, that $200 could be used to improve your main weapon.
>>
>>34140447
The use of cheap manufacturing methods by HiPoint ie. partially cast slides and so on is made possible by the blowback action working even with these cheaply made parts.
>>
>>34140146
???
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.