[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking at pistol instruction in my area and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 89f.png (308KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
89f.png
308KB, 500x378px
I'm looking at pistol instruction in my area and I'm wondering if it's worth it. There are the basic safety courses and new shooter courses which seem like they might not apply to me since I've been shooting for almost a year now, know and practice the four rules very well and TD everything from spray bottles to the scanners at my work, then after that there's an intermediate pistol course, which is 400 dollars for only 3 hours. I can only think of how much ammo I can buy for that money (and how much more fun that is)

Not gonna lie part of it is to appease my nogunz family and friends who say shit like "you need years of experience and training to carry a gun", and while telling them to fuck off is much cheaper, I do also want some hands on instruction on my stance and grip technique. My groupings could use some big improvements.
>>
It's a waste of money.
Make friends with someone at your range who knows what they're doing and ask them about your stance.
>>
Try a local competition or shot with someone very experienced, they can teach you what you need.
I took a competitive shooting course after competing for a while.
Didn't help me that much, it was all simple stuff that anyone can think off.
Also after getting good you can dryfire to get better.
>>
>>34131885
Who is possibly worth $400 for 3 hours of training? Does that come with some one sucking your dick the whole time?

What are you wanting to get better that?

> stance and grip technique....better groupings.

Spend that money on ammo, go out, and shoot. Then shoot some more, then some more. Then once you have a good understanding of why you suck, then you will know what to ask to learn how to suck less.
>>
Where are you located senpai? I know some really awesome classes in Michigan for both new and experienced shooter. It's been worth every single penny I've paid.
>>
>>34131885
>I'm looking at pistol instruction in my area and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

It is, assuming you are going to a reputable and vetted instructor. Where are you located at?
>inb4 OP fucks off never to be heard from again
>>
>>34132545
Oh, OP is definitely fucking off. /k/unt asks a question then doesn't respond for more info.
>>
>>34132615
>>34132545
OP here. I'm in Philly. There are only two instructors in my areas as far as I know. The 400 dollar one is Intermediate pistol course.

I'm also looking at getting a Utah permit and taking that class, so I have two permits, but I can't find any scheduled.
>>
this reminds me
>at range, shooting my fuddy5
>just finishing up for the day, last mag
>tacticool dad with his two .22 kids is in the booth next to mine
>he's shooting a glock with a red dot from holster repeatedly
>as I start to leave he gets my attention and asks me if I have my CCW
>tell him I do not, because this is free state and we have constitutional carry
>he gives me his business card and shills his CCW class to me
>politely take it, pack up my shit and get out
was it an insult?
>>
400 for 3 hours is damned steep. You're going to run into diminishing returns at some point. That's what people pay for a weekend at a tactical school, not a lane at a range with a glorified golf instructor. I say buy ammo and dry fire more. Get a grip trainer if you're having problems with grip and recoil.

>>34132787
you have free CC in your state so fuck it, he was just trying to sell you his course. He probably did it to everyone.
>>
>>34132787
Challenge him to a Glock duel
>>
OP here. My birthdays coming up and I decided to say fuck it with the classes. It's not worth it. Right now I'm trying to decide between

1)buying a fuckton of ammo

2)buying another gun

3)renting a car and going out in the middle of nowhere so I can shoot my guns in ways I can't on a public range

The first option is the most responsible, but I'm probably going to go with 2 or 3.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.