[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are they going to get rid of this lock? Im seriously considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 14

File: maxresdefault.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
When are they going to get rid of this lock?

Im seriously considering getting a Ruger as my first revolver because of it. What were they thinking?
>>
Stop being a spacefaggot and buy a lock delete. This is like complaining that your tendies come in a box. You're a big boy now.
>>
File: S&W BBC.jpg (761KB, 3000x2038px) Image search: [Google]
S&W BBC.jpg
761KB, 3000x2038px
Oh, my, God Becky, look at her lock
It is so big, she looks like
One of those rap guys' guns
But, ya know, who understands those rap guys?
They only talk to her, because,
She looks like a total GIGN gun, 'kay?
I mean, her lock, is just so big
I can't believe it's just so round, it's like out there
I mean gross, look
She's just so, black
>>
>>34131478
*gets sprung*
>>
>>34131342
whats the lock do?
>>
>>34131478
>>34131493
snorted laughing

>>34131503
it prevents the gun from firing when activated.
it is possible, though uncommon, to activate it from the force of recoil alone
>>
>>34131515
So the issue here is that it can be tripped while your trying to fire it then?
I have fired a couple of revolvers and I have never realized they even had this. is the lock really that big of a problem?
>>
>he still buys Smith & Wesson
>a company that "compromised" with Democrats and refuses to admit they fucked up and remove the locks
>>
>>34131554
>So the issue here is that it can be tripped while your trying to fire it then?
It's very rare.
The issue for most people is that they willingly added it during the gun control scares of the early 90s. It's viewed as capitulation in the same vein as the Bill Ruger mag limitations.
>>
>>34131515
Describe what Marsellus Wallace locks like!
>>
File: 1427577153792.png (311KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1427577153792.png
311KB, 900x702px
>>34131604
So OP is crying over nothing then?
>>
>>34131577
>>he still buys Smith & Wesson
>>a company that "compromised" with Democrats and refuses to admit they fucked up and remove the locks

Nigga you dumb.
>>
>>34131649
Yes. Yes he is.
He can even remove the lock if he wants to.
>>
>>34131675
>He can even remove the lock if he wants to.

Yeah, and if he ever has to use one in self-defense, he'll have a ball explaining to the court why he removed a safety feature.
>>
>>34131699
Nice fuddlore bro, I'm sure they ask the same question to anyone who purchased something other than a SW

>why didn't you buy a revolver with a lock?
>>
>>34131699
>Yeah, and if he ever has to use one in self-defense, he'll have a ball explaining to the court why he removed a safety feature.

Don't you have some semis you need to convert by filing the firing pin?
>>
>>34131342

Buying a S&W with a lock is admitting that you cannot be trusted with a firearm unless it has "for the children" features and you are willing to pay to be cucked into accepting a useless feel good feature wholly designed to make S&Ws lawyers feel good as the new normal. You might as well go over to Diane Feinstein's house and blow the dust off that pussy and get to work because you can't call yourself a 2A supporter and support that goddamn hillary hole S&W puts in their guns.

Not one inch to gun grabbing asshats. Fuck new mfg S&W revolvers.

Buy the Ruger. I'm going to get a 4" stainless GP100 in .357 myself in a few weeks.
>>
>>34131740
"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger
>>
>>34131752
>William B. Ruger; Deceased
ftfy
>>
>>34131727
>>34131709
Case in point: Luis Alvarez, Miami PD, shot and killed a known felon who was drawing a gun. The killing caused a riot, and the State Attorney needed a scapegoat (sound familiar?), so Alvarez was indicted for murder.

One of the arguments the State Attorney made in court was that Alvarez’s S&W Model 64 had two coils removed from the trigger spring (a factory-approved mod to improve the trigger), and that was done to increase the “firepower” of the six-shot revolver (even though it slowed down the trigger return). They even had a gun “expert” testify to that. (Every business has its whores.) Also, the non-factory grips on his revolver showed that Alvarez was a trigger-happy cowboy.

Alvarez had his union behind him (would you?), and they helped him retain one of the best defense attorneys in the country, who got him acquitted. You or I couldn’t afford to even talk to the guy.

By the way, the State Attorney in question was Janet Reno.

What could a malicious prosecutor do to you if you removed the internal safety? That’s why my carry pistols are all factory stock.
>>
>>34131342
fuck that shit get a prelock
>>
>>34131816
Whats a good price for a pre-lock?
>>
>>34131780
he was acquitted
>>
>>34131478
>Oh, my, God Becky, look at her lock
>It is so big, she looks like
>One of those rap guys' guns
>But, ya know, who understands those rap guys?
>They only talk to her, because,
>She looks like a total GIGN gun, 'kay?
>I mean, her lock, is just so big
>I can't believe it's just so round, it's like out there
>I mean gross, look
>She's just so, black

Ooh baby, I wanna get wit-cha
and pull your triga

even the gun he's carryin
its cucked and I cant stop swearin

>*gets sprung*

but the triggers tight
cause you notice that lock got stuck
>>
>>34131858

if you actually read his comment, he explains that you fuckwad
>>
>>34131944
i did.
the competence of his counsel doesn't mean the weak-ass "muh trigger" argument is any better.
>>
>>34131830
Don't get a prelock. Their prices are massively inflated due to collectors who do not shoot their guns, and their actual performance--things like muzzle velocities and durability, for example--are worse than newer production guns. I can provide some credible sources for you on the latter point if you doubt me.

Get a new S&W if you like it more and can live with the lock. Get a Ruger otherwise. Also, as someone who owns revolvers made by both companies, you are mistaken if you think that the Ruger is an inferior product just because it can be offered at a lower price point. Ruger was actually on-track to take market share from Smith and Wesson in the duty revolver market before the 1986 Miami shootout happened. Their Service Six/Speed Six had won a number of contracts with major LE agencies as well as one with the Air Force, and it vastly outperformed its S&W competitor in durability testing conducted by the Border Patrol.
>>
>>34132117
Ruger has basically overtaken S&W as the best revolver maker in the US.

People just continue to cling to Smith (and make excuses for the Hillary Holes) while going on about "muh aesthetics".
>>
For the tenth millionth time you've made this fucking thread, S&W offers the guns without the fucking lock.

No searching for "prelocks", no searching for lock deletes. JUST BUY THE VERSION THEY SELL WITHOUT THE FUCKING LOCK.
>>
File: dfasfasfasfdasdf.jpg (283KB, 1458x1017px) Image search: [Google]
dfasfasfasfdasdf.jpg
283KB, 1458x1017px
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-pro-series-model-642

>factory new
>no lock
>op a fag
>>
>>34132576
>a lightweight snubnose in .38 Special only

wow, it's fucking nothing
>>
>>34131740
>S&W are apologist cucks
>Buy the Ruger
Oh, the irony. You can talk about how Billy is dead and his company has steadily been trying to fix his mistakes ever since while he spins circles in his grave, but it still happened.

If you want to bitch about Smith and the Hilary Hole, fine, they have it coming, but don't try to act high and mighty about buying a Ruger.
>>
>>34132554
The only new production guns they offer without a lock are DAO J-frame Centennials. Any gun that has an exposed hammer has a lock and cannot be purchased without that lock.

Go ahead and try to find a new 686 without a lock. Go on; I'm waiting.
>>
>>34132620
>Ruger: old guy was a cuck but when he does the company pulled a 180 and is super pro freedom
>S&W: rolls over at any sign of pressure, will throw gun owners under the bus at the drop of a hat to protect their own ass, still currently and actively produces cucked revolvers because "muh children"

Yeah, nah fuck off.
>>
>>34132117
>>34132454
What these guys said.
>>
File: Muh X-Frames.jpg (3MB, 3722x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Muh X-Frames.jpg
3MB, 3722x1180px
I have a mountain of Smith & Wesson revolvers of which almost all have the lock. Never a single issue with any of them ever. I get why people are upset about the compromise, as well they should be. But if you're worried about function the lock is a non issue.
>>
File: 1462949280519.png (71KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462949280519.png
71KB, 360x360px
>tfw you're one of the people that actually use the lock
>>
>>34131342
>tfw never had a revolver with said lock
>tfw when thought faggots were being turbo autistic
>actually learned something for once
>never will be applicable since i only collect older revolvers
>>
>>34132117
the security six is pure sex with a nickel plating
>>
File: 20170531_141037.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170531_141037.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
Gp100 wont dissapoint you.
It will outlast you even if you dont clean it,it will never break in regular usage,it will take any ammo you give it,and it looks good IMO
I love mine,you could get a smith and be slightly peeved about the lock or you can get the gp100.
Either is fine but I prefer the ruger.
Pic related is my gp100

Only problem I have is that the hammer had sharp checkering which fucked up my thumb(not enough to cause bleeding) but that can be solved pretty easily.
>>
File: DSC_0386[1].jpg (84KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0386[1].jpg
84KB, 800x532px
>S&W has shit lock
>Ruger has retarded warnings all over

I can't decide which is worse. Ruger's getting better, but it's still there.
>>
>>34133790
>I can't decide which is worse.
They're both ugly, but only one can actually affect function(admittedly very rare). And while I'd rather it wasn't there, I don't see why people make such a big deal about the engraving on the Rugers in general. They wouldn't be winning any beauty contests with their utilitarian appearance even without it.
>>
>>34134095
>They're both ugly
what looks good to you then
>>
File: 1492906124738.gif (912KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492906124738.gif
912KB, 500x281px
>>34131780
>What could a malicious prosecutor do to you if you removed the internal safety?

Acquit you?

Just because it's questioned in a court case doesn't mean it'll turn out bad. It didn't even turn out bad for Alvarez. Your precedent is that trigger changes won't get you convicted.
>>
>>34131342
They were thinking "Maybe this will get the crazy gun-hater Hillary Clinton off our backs instead of us getting put out of business by her." Turns out, it did, so it works as intended. Anyhow, I fail to see what the spergout us all about. Don't like the Hillary Hole? Don't use it. Problem solved.
>>
File: 20151022_134709.jpg (818KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20151022_134709.jpg
818KB, 1920x1080px
what lock ?
>>
>>34134283
Problem not solved. There is still the (very slim) potential for the recoil to engage the safety and lock up the internals. Plus, once you notice it its really hard not to see.
>>
>>34134303
What the actual hell is up with that extendo button?
>>
>>34131342
When are you seriously going to stop being a faggot?
>>
>>34134456
Hogue extended cylinder realease so you don't have to shift your grip when reloading.
Also it barely even matters that there is a hole when you can just dig out the lock and buy a hole plug for twenny dallahs
>>
>>34131752
"Boohoohoo I'd actually need to aim my bullets instead of just getting drunk and firing at cordite loaded lawn mowers like I do now"
I've never heard anyone bitch about 7 round mags in this country
>>
>>34134456
faster clip change
>>
>Hurr durr I don't want a Shit and Wexon becuz theyre cucked!!!11XD
>Better buy the disgusting bootlicker ideologies of Bill Ruger instead111LOLXD!!

>>>>Haha its different because he is dead, but somehow I can't just buy a lock delete lol that wouldn't be the same haha111!!!

Literally go fuck yourself faggot retard
>>
>>34134707
How many cocks do you suck on an hourly basis?
>>
Fuck smith and wesson for so many reasons. Fuck them for cucking their revolvers, fuck them for cucking 10mm into 40 short and weak, and fuck them for their continued pandering to liberals.
Old bill ruger might have been fucked in the head about the 10 round mag shit but the company has completely supported gun rights after his death. S&w is still cucked
>>
>>34134283
>instead of us getting put out of business

And then the owners were LITERALLY put out of business and had to sell for $15mil because gun owners weren't having that shit. Saf-T-Hammer(makers of the lock) bought the company and did the whole "We 2A company now!" keeps cuck locks.....

Fuck them.
>>
>>34131752
>>34132620

Stop spouting memes, Ruger is not the company it was before.
>>
>>34134719
Suck start a shotgun, you fucking worthless cock.
What part about NOT EVERY S&W HAS THE LOCK DELETE OPTION can you not fucking read?
Next time before you hit the post button, spend a little less time self-fellating your micropenis, and a little more time reading the thread you fucking idiot.
>>
>>34131858
Idiot
>>
>TFW Dan Wesson was started up because SWs weren't up to par anymore.
>In 1968
>>
>>34134755
Never more then seven.
>>
>>34132620
Name a big name brand American gun company that hasn't fucked the public...you can't
>>
>>34133790

It's on the bottom and you can buff it out if you like.

Also...it kind of is important to read the manual...I share a house with roommates who never do and as such don't know how to operate the TV remote and many other things.
>>
>>34131342
So basically never. They have no reason to change the design now. They have very little real competition on the revolver market so people still buy their revolvers because "muh Smiths." The lock gives their lawyers a boner and it didn't hurt sales. The new "classic" enthusiast models have the innovative NO LOCK system for an additional fee, because they love their customers enough to bring them back.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-642-no-internal-lock
>>
>>34135448
The only revolvers they make that are offered without a lock are Centennial-series revolvers that have an enclosed hammer. You cannot buy any other revolvers they make that come without a lock.
>>
>>34135467
I stand by my cynical snark, they will probably make more at some point like when Ruger starts outselling them in one segment.
>>
>>34135577
Or when youngfags wake up and stop buying their shit until they get the message. I don't hold out much hope for that though because your average "buys a gun and shoots it once a year" fag(ie S&Ws typical customer) won't give two shits about "muh freedumb from nanny locks".

2A Panda is sad.
>>
>>34131342
> I'm considering buying a better revolver for my first revolver
Just get the Ruger and be satisfied with the better of the two revolvers
>>
>>34135384
And now none are.
>>
>>34133790

Sp101 then its on the bottom and unseen.
>>
I had one of those "really rare" instances of the lock engaging while shooting. Bought new, had never used the lock, shot several times. At the range, halfway through second box of ammo for the day, lock engaged. Gun was useless until I dig the box and key out of the closet once I got back home.
Never trusted the gun after that. Why should I? Thanks, S&W, for removing the single biggest feature of a revolver, absolute reliability. If you have a Hillary hole revolver, don't trust it. You can't even clear an engaged lock, you're just left with a useless gun.
>>
File: smith.jpg (117KB, 704x449px) Image search: [Google]
smith.jpg
117KB, 704x449px
>pinned pre-lock '87 .38
>bought it for $300
>>
>>34132620
The difference is that Ruger sells full-cap mags and proper ARs now. S&W still has the holes in new production guns.
>>
>>34131342
I'm trying to get one for cheap on saturday, hopefully they still have it, it's an ffl and I gues there other businesses are doing so well that they don't even have time to run the store properly so they're just trying to move things
>>
I have 3 of the keyhole S&W revolvers and have a lot of friends that have them as well. None of us have ever seen what the hell the key even looks like! That hole does us a lot of good! When you buy a gun here they have to give you either a trigger lock or a cable lock but they don't have to give you the little hole key and I have never received one.
>>
>>34131342
>When are they going to get rid of this lock?

when you stop buying them ! !

stop supporting companies that use the dam Hillary holes ! !
>>
File: 20170416_133134.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170416_133134.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
As someone who had a choice between a GP100 and model 686

I chose the GP100 as its a really nice .357
Its not bad at all, and honestly, i prefer the look.
Kind of reminds me of the Resident evil remake revolver which is nostalgic to me. Some people hate the look, but i beg to differ. And i saved an extra $200+ for .357 ammo which isn't exactly cheap
>>
How many years until when you say "revolver" people automatically thing "Ruger" instead of smith and Wesson? 5 years? Is this already happening?
>>
File: 1500691_130812172620_umarex_xbg.jpg (43KB, 579x325px) Image search: [Google]
1500691_130812172620_umarex_xbg.jpg
43KB, 579x325px
>>34131342
Smith & Wesson is a meme, half of their shit is made by a bb gun company.
>>
>>34135631
I'm a "youngfag" and not being able to buy a brand new Model 29 to satisfy my Clint Eastwood LARPing fantasies unless it had a lock made me get a Redhawk instead, and I'll be going elsewhere for my other revolver needs as well.
>>
>>34138107
You make this oldfag feel better about the future anon.
>>
>>34131342
I have the exact gun in your pic and the hole does flipping nothing. The gun works just fine and now I can lock it if I feel like it for some reason.
Seriously, it's not worth your time to be mad about.
>>
>>34132454
For what it's worth, the S&W's have nicer triggers and SLIGHTLY better accuracy. I also like the sights on the 686 better.
Durability is also purported to be only a little bit worse on the 686 than the gp100. It's negligible and the gun will still outlive you.
>>
>>34138107
Youngfag here
Hope to join you one day
Magnum revolver for life
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.