[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do bongs still use pic related when the mighty Galil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: sa80&susat.jpg (46KB, 640x315px) Image search: [Google]
sa80&susat.jpg
46KB, 640x315px
Why do bongs still use pic related when the mighty Galil and Ar15 exist?
>>
>>34127441
Homebuild costs and international licensing.
>a thread died for this
>>
>>34127441
Because it was easier/more cost effective to upgrade what we had than try and push for more budget space to buy a shit ton of new rifles. Besides, A2 a fine.
>>
File: Nicks wrecked 80.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nicks wrecked 80.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
>>34127441
Because its an accurate, good solid & reliable weapon, that has proven itself unlike the A1

T. Used one for 12 years and never had a single issue.
>>
Because as long as they work reliably and shoot straight as a baseline, what service rifles your men are equipped with literally does not matter to the outcome of a fight; so trading one .223 rifle for another .223 rifle would be a waste of money for zero meaningful gain. If you want to win wars, invest in logistics and fire support capabilities.
>>
>>34127441
Because it triggers the fuck out of /k/

Literally the only reason they still use it
>>
>>34127577
> that pic
> desire to know more intensifies
>>
File: coffin.jpg (22KB, 281x351px) Image search: [Google]
coffin.jpg
22KB, 281x351px
>>34127595
mate in the green jackets was in a a snatch land rover, A lightly armoured land rover, with a big fuckoff V8 engine designed for snatch & grabs and riot duty.

Said mate was on top cover since the snatch doesn't have any weapon mounts and the snatch hit an IED.

Couple of minor injuries, Nick (the guy holding the 80) got off unharmed, the rifle was workable and they was able to return fire with it. (what you can't see is that the barrel matches the curvature of his armour)

If the UGL had been loaded he might not have lived.

Rifle was refurbed and remains in service.

the snatch has been withdrawn in front line service but remains in use in northern ireland, by police forces and second echelon troops.

The funniest thing is they're now remote control for use as bait vehcles and deliberately triggering IEDs
>>
>>34127648
Fuck that, couple guys in my troop died in a rolling coffin in Afghan after going over an IED. I wasnt in then though.
>>
>>34127441
Its pretty good if you have one that's sured up by a competent armorer.
>>
>>34127648
I love stories like these because they remind me that the army actually used to use Land Rovers rather than the billion quid, 20 tonne behemoths that they roll around in today.
>>
>>34127852
tell it to the guys in >>34127711
>>
>>34127441
Because they fixed it you 'tard.
>>
>>34127819
9 times out of 10 when an SA80 fails it's because of the magazines. The old metal ones would always warp and cause a stoppage every other round.
>>
>>34127441
The gun was built by a bunch of engineers who never shoot a gun. So they spent all there time switching out the buttons with switchs and visa versa. Then they finished it but all the buttons had no fencing it was really easy to randomly drop mags like a dumbass. The M-16 had the same problem only 20 years before. But it got fixed fast by people who know guns.

Long story short; Has guns part of /k/ could make a better gun in a hand full of threads than a bunch of over qualified engineers on a massive defence contact who never shoot a gun.
>>
because adopting the SA80 was the action of politicians and bureaucrats, not military officials.
>letting civilians make decisions for the military
>not even once.
>>
>>34127998
M16, M14, M60 are in the same bucket,
m16 was only chosen because some congressman wife happened to work at colt.
M14 & M60 lost out to far superior weapons (FAL & FN MAG) because they weren't made in the US
>>
>>34127852
The bit that gets me is that the guy who told me about them was in the 2nd vic in the convoy, and the guys who got hit were in the 3rd.
Fuck. That. Shit.
>>
>>34128015
And the history of the m-16 is far from perfect too.

>No cleaning kit
>No chrome lining
>No fence around controls
>Bad powder

It was a good design and as such easy to fix how ever.
>>
File: IMG_2753.png (251KB, 483x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2753.png
251KB, 483x305px
Because money you fucking retard!
>>
>>34127453
>>a thread died for this
Fuck off with your /pol/tier faggotry, there is no such thing as slide thread here.
>>
>>34129305
That phrase has been used for a lot longer than /pol/ popularized forum sliding.
>>
>>34129305
>slide thread
Hes just saying this is a shitty worthless thread that killed a potentially worthwhile one, you're the closet /pol/tard that projected "muh sliding" onto it
>>
>>34129305
Hello share blue
>>
>>34129340
A phrase that was hardly, if not ever, used.

>>34129441
>killed a potentially worthwhile one
If it killed a "potentially worthwhile" thread, then that thread either came out at the wrong time, or nobody fucking cared to even reply.

>>34129748
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/pol/
>>
File: enfield l85.jpg (544KB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
enfield l85.jpg
544KB, 1000x1415px
>>34127441
Because they're cute.
>>
>>34129305
>>34130085
>everything I don't like is /pol/
Your thread is shit, and so are you.
>>
>>34129305

>there is no such thing as slide thread here

Not entirely true. They're hilariously ineffective on boards as slow as /k/ though.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.