[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

greetings /k/omrades 26y/o noguns here. Though I've had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Ruger American Compact 9x19mm.jpg (48KB, 475x350px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger American Compact 9x19mm.jpg
48KB, 475x350px
greetings /k/omrades

26y/o noguns here. Though I've had experience with firearms through the years since I was age 7.

Tomorrow I'll be heading to a LGS to get my first pistola. My choices in order of price that I'm interested in purchasing are as follows. S&W SD9VE, S&W M&P Shield 9, Pic related: Ruger American Compact 9mm, and the S&W M&P 9 Compact.

I have enough to cover the price of the gun, the 4473/FFL Transfer fee, and a couple boxes of ammo. Next month I'll apply for my CHL, and buy a holster + gun belt.

What do you think of my choices?
Any ammo in particular I should avoid, in general?
>>
>>34119503
you can't go wrong with any of them
i carry HST if it feeds
otherwise Speer Gold Dot
i carry SR40C, SR9C and LCP2
wanna get an American 45 soon
>>
>>34119503
I hate to be that guy, but just get a Glock 19, its better than all of those
or if you can get a bit more money a Sig P320 or H&K VP9
Strikers are bad though, especially for carry
DA/SA always
>>
>>34119503
I wouldn't get the SD9VE. All of the others are OK though.
>>
>>34119562
fangirl,
Step 1) Stick Glock on end of drill
Step 2) Stick Glock up your ass
Step 3) Do what any /b/tard would do at this point
>>
>>34119562
Just read OP's choices
Doesn't list Glock
You must be a fucking robotic know it all that has no friends
>>
>>34119503
don't get the SD9VE, you'll regret it later. probably the worst trigger of any gun I've laid hands on. Nothing wrong with the M&P line, I've got a full size and a shield, can't speak for the Ruger
>>
Thanks for the replies, I'm pretty certain I'll walk out with the M&P 9c.

I would get a glock, but 1 year warranty is trash.
>>
>>34119642
post it on /b/? or make crystals?
>>
>>34119503
Don't bother with the 9VE. The Shield and MP9c are kind of odd but I prefer the 9c. The Shield is the only single stack you listed and the 9c is sort of a thick double stack version of that with a shorter grip. I weighed those against a SR9c and went with the Ruger because of the grip, controls, and I'm left handed. The American is good but there is a reason the price is tanking. Try out the SR before the American for comparison's sake because the prices are identical right now. Right now I have the SR40C but the Walther PPQm1 is really tempting. I didn't get to use that until after the last purchase.

If you're worried about a warranty, the Ruger is the right choice too. Even used they cover them indefinitely.
>>
>>34120841
Thank you for your insight.

I think I'll drop the SD9VE altogether.
>>
>>34119503
>4473/FFL Transfer fee
there is no transfer fee if you buy the gun from them, only state taxes. If they try and tack on taxes AND a transfer fee go some where else.
>>
>>34119503
Yeah not to rain on your parade but save up. After you've bought any of those the value is instantly reduced. To trade up you'll need even more money. Just save $100-250 More for something else. Not keen on most of those as a stand alone first gun, also buying Shield to carry is fine but range time sucks generally with subcompact.
>>
>>34121111
Don't listen to this faggot. If you want to CC, get the Shield. Don't pay more than $275-$300 retail. Do it before the end of June and get a $75 rebate too. Then put your savings toward a more fun pistol for the range when you can afford it.
>>
>>34121027
I feel dumb, then. Thanks Anon.

>>34121186
I agree with you.

Later on I'll be wanting to get a Glock of some kind, but as a carry pistol, fuck 1 year warranty that glocks come with.

Shit, when I first entertained the idea of buying a gun, I wanted to get a PMR-30, but they seem unreliable, and 22 WMR is not a typical carry caliber.
>>
>>34121186
GIVE ME FUCKING LINK RIGHT NOW TO THAT PAGE I AM GOING TO BUY IT
>>
>>34121526
Dont feel dumb. You asked a solid question. But I will say dont buy at your first stop, sometimes paying shipping and the FFL transfer is cheaper than your LGS.

>>34121615
PSA
>>
>>34121647
>PSA
should i get 9mm or 45? decisions decisions!
>>
>>34121766
9.45 mm-inches should do
>>
>>34121766
Or .40
This isnt a caliber fag thread. Do what you want. Personally I'd skip it and get a walther in 9mm but its your gun, life and dosh.
>>
>>34121807
>decisions; decisions!
I really cannot decide on the caliber. It is offered in 9mmP and .45 ACP -- I suppose the 9mmP will do, but I was hoping on more insight as to why I shouldn't get the more powerful .45 ACP :^)
>>
>>34119810

As long as you're not shooting reloads I can't even imagine you'd have to make use of the warranty. But that being said glock has a really bad trigger and for just edc I think one of the other options might suit you better
>>
>>34119503

s&w sd9ve has a horrible trigger do internet search for reviews

otherwise s&w is police wannabee gun

get a ruger sr9c sr9 9e or like pic
>>
>>34122191
police use it for a reason though. jamal is quick, piggies need to be quicker.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.