[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much longer do you think glocks really have to their throne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Glock-guns1-810x503.jpg (90KB, 810x503px) Image search: [Google]
Glock-guns1-810x503.jpg
90KB, 810x503px
how much longer do you think glocks really have to their throne?
Im an unapologetic fan boy, but even I can see their future is looking bleak
>everyone and their mother is copying the platform
>some even improving on it with new features like the sig p320
>only make 1 pistol in different sizes/configurations, dont have anything else to fall back on
>starting to fall behind on models that people have been asking for (a single stack 9mm) that other companies put out years ago
>hitting the wall in terms of variants, theyve more or less made every model of pistol in every caliber
there biggest selling point these days are being "responsibly" priced (which everyone knows their mrsp is at least $100-200 more then what it should be) and everyone has one so the aftermarket is huge. But if we stay on this course and all the carbon copies start out producing them, then those things can change very quickly/
where do you think glock will stand in 10 years? Not shilling or trying to start the inevitable fight but genuinely curious as I was thinking this over the other day
>>
>>34118050
Didn't you just make this post?>>34117210
>>
>>34118050
they have been dethroned years ago
>>
First really successful polymer pistol on the market..... so never.

Basic economics and literally household name.
>>
>>34118050
>P320 is copy of Glock

No. P320 is what the P250 should have been. It looks exactly the same as a P250 but changed it to striker fired and removed the DAO trigger.

Bullshit. There's no 7.62x25 Glock
>>
File: sig p320 compact.jpg (810KB, 1200x754px) Image search: [Google]
sig p320 compact.jpg
810KB, 1200x754px
>>34118050
they will be in the same spot, maybe not as many contracts but they will be the "just good enough, jack of all trades" sidearm so most people, police departments and military units will use them. Every Carbon Copy is just that, and really brings nothing new to the table other then being a glock with a different name on the side. Its not like switching from heavy, steel framed DA/SA wonder nines to polymer glocks were there was a noticeable huge improvement in design. And the advantages like the sog p320s changeable frames (im assuming thats what you meant) isnt all that. Good idea on paper and even in practice but they can be pretty expensive and IMO you might as well just buy a second pistol then having a binch of frames for one
>>
>>34118148

Literally everything is a Glock copy senpai
>>
>>34118050

When material scientists invent something better than polymer.
>>
>>34118050
Until someone offers a glock 19 killer that is actually lighter and smaller for the same capacity, has the same features, cheaper, just as reliable in tests of all kinds, is as user-friendly/serviceable, made by a company with decent customer service, and has cheap/plentiful aftermarket parts.

Little improvements like "muh slightly better trigger" or "muh .05 inch lower bore axis" or "muh 1 more capacity but a little taller" aren't enough to overthrow the best duty/carry pistol on the market.
>>
I give it 5 years, then the Steyr M9 will take its rightful throne as the king of striker-fired polymers.
>>
>>34118773
Amd what has the m9 and steyr been doing in the past 15 years? Exactly what they're gonna accomplish in the next 5.
>>
Literally the only thing that needs to happen is a major incident that causes LE to lose its almost religious faith in the belief that Glocks are the Holy Grail of guns.

Example: What's happening with .40 right now.
>>
>>34118948
and 10's
>>
>>34118193
Even the 1911?
>>
I think, like other anons have stated, that Glocks will be around for decades more, just won't be as popular. I love Glocks, have carried a 17 since I was legally able to, but they do get boring after a while(though mine is just stock, no mods) and I'm switching to a CZ SP-01 soon.
>>
>>34118050

Probably awhile longer.

Sig just shit the bed bigly with New Jersey state police and are now getting sued.
>>
File: glock_1911-tfb.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
glock_1911-tfb.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>34118991
ESPECIALLY THE 1911
>>
When they make a fucking REAL safety, I'll buy another one. In the meantime, I'll keep pretending I'm not afraid I'm going to blow my femoral artery off because I'm pro-tier and the only safety I need is between my ears.
>>
>>34118050
10-15 years on their current trajectory(imo)
>>
>>34119827
if they made one with a thumb safety as comfy as the taurus millenium or any 1911 i'd buy one.

until then, no interest. aftermarket doesnt count, it has to be designed with the safety in mind, i have no interest in an aftermarket part being tacked on.
>>
>>34118050

Glocks are to handguns what 1911s are; a game changer that all other manufacturers emulate. Look at all the fucking glock clones out there now.

And like the 1911, they'll be around for decades. Maybe centuries. Especially as Glock continues to improve the design.

Sure they could use more innovation but how do you improve on Perfection?

That said if the 19 Gen5 came out tomorrow without finger grooves and with front slide serrations I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

>Glocks will be around forever, even after the next big thing in pistols, just like the 1911 is still wildly popular.
>>
>>34119815
Really though, why don't they do this?
>>
File: 1473500355321.gif (2MB, 290x355px) Image search: [Google]
1473500355321.gif
2MB, 290x355px
>>34118841
>Exactly what they're gonna accomplish in the next 5.

Finally get an LE agency in the States that issue their guns.

SIKE.
>>34119827
google SCD
>>
>>34120130
Glock won't make something everyone else already made because being the one who is copied is their thing.
>>
>>34118148
>7.62x25 Glock

I wish someone would produce a modern production Tok, even Glock.
>>
File: 8.jpg (24KB, 314x237px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
24KB, 314x237px
>>34119861
>Glock continues to improve the design

>>34118050

As long as Glock is selling them at a major discount to LE and they don't fuck up the orders like SIG and S&W they will be around for a while. As for the actual design, most companies passed them 8 years ago.
>>
They need to do like Sig and release some models with compact size slides and full size frames.
>>
Glock is taking some feedback and making changes slowly like the reversible magazine releases, soon to be ambi slide lock levers, and some models having factory steel night sights already installed. However a big issue has been the ergonomics - trigger undercut isn't large enough and Glock hump are two big ones. They could've solved this in gen 4 by ridding the hump and having backstraps that are larger and either have or do not have the hump.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.