[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, what was your first day carrying like? Were you nervous?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: Rtc.gif (68KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
Rtc.gif
68KB, 300x226px
/k/, what was your first day carrying like? Were you nervous? Paranoid that everyone knew you were strapped? Any stories?
>>
>>34116013
I thought everyone could see I was carrying or that I was printing like crazy when neither was true.
>>
>>34116013
Uneventful as I could have hoped for. Carry is a Chiappa Rhino, in a state where OC is 100% legal in 85% of places.

Then again fucks in cowboy boots, jeans and a revolver belt isn't uncommon where I'm at, so no one gave a shit about another one.
>>
>>34116017
Did you ever feel like you were over dressing to avoid printing?
>>
File: 1496100978849.png (86KB, 337x441px) Image search: [Google]
1496100978849.png
86KB, 337x441px
>>34116020
Does anyone else find it strange that open carry is legal for everyone in Texas, but concealed carry requires a license?
>>
>>34116013
>Seriously stronk plastic holstered 9mm
>Stand tall, stand proud
>Get a few looks, but otherwise I get MEH from soccermoms
>Next day
>Super Blackhawk 44 leather holster, tied above knee
>Soccermoms are grabbing their kids when I'm near
>Little boys eyes light up, wide smile
>I rather enjoy carrying the 44
>>
>>34116013
Wisconsin. I never carry, just is no need where I live. Now that time I went to Chicago... I may or may not been strapped.
>>
>>34116156
Not really, but the next time I bought pants I went a size up just to be sure. Also I had no idea how important a good belt was, they are gold. With the right belt I can carry my 1911 no problem.
>>
>>34116201
>Now that time I went to Chicago... I may or may not been strapped.
Holsters by Schrödinger?
>>
>>34116013
>got my license
>decide to carry a bit
>just to see how it feels
>go out for breakfast tacos
>see cops in line in front of me
>I never planned for this
>it's cold and January
>heavy jacket
>still pretty sure I'm printing because full size pistol
>cops acknowledge my presence
>then go back to talking amongst themselves
>take their tacos to the cashier
>order my tacos
>pay
>leave

And here I was, worried about being profiled. Nothing happened. Now I'm searching for a good CCW for summer.
>>
>>34116176
I could have sworn you needed a license to OC as well as CC.
>>
>>34116237
>being profiled
Jamal?
>>
>>34116214
More like riding dirty in a cucked out gun free zone.
>>
>>34116249
Juan.

>>34116214
>schrödinger's holster
Underrated
>>
File: EDC.jpg (473KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
EDC.jpg
473KB, 1296x972px
lifetime carry permit in Indiana here.

besides 4 counties, the state is pretty awesome about carrying and no "free shootup zones"

i happen to live in the most liberal county though and get some worried/dirty looks at my EDC

>maybe i should get something smaller, but this fucking just feels like a handshake from a good old friend regardless of how big/heavy it is
>>
File: IMAG0449[1].jpg (4MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0449[1].jpg
4MB, 4208x2368px
>>34117832
We posting EDC now?
>>
>>34118016

why not. thread is slow af
>>
>>34116013
i carry a glock 19 in my underwear by my dick so if it prints then it just looks like i got a big dick or a boner
>>
>>34116017
Even if you print a little bit, you'll realise that no one is scrutinizing your person that hard. People just don't pay attention.
>>
>>34118062

t. plaxico burress
>>
>>34117832
>Too lazy to get LTCH
>Can't even open carry
>Can still carry shotgun without a hitch because I live in hick-ryville
Feelsokman
>>
>>34116176
Open carry is typically legal as it accounts for hunters and the general handling of firearms for situations where it will leave your house. It is usually overlooked as it is the idea that anyone else is aware that someone is carrying and is aware of any possible "threat" that they pose.
>>
>>34118121

state? if you're in IN there's no excuse for not having a LTC unless you have a record. it's literally one trip to your police department and 100$ for lifetime
>>
I carried illegally for 3 years. I was never nervous or paranoid, just extremely careful. It was for if I absolutely needed to defend myself in a life or death situation. Got my ccw a few months ago when I moved to a gun friendly state. Nothing really changed, I'm just less worried about a felony for illegal carrying
>>
>>34118180
wouldnt you rather die than go to jail and get raped to death by niggers?
>>
>>34118199
You watch too much shitty tv.
>>
>>34118278
a guy who worked with my dad got busted for crack in new orleans and they went to visit him at prison once and he was wearing makeup because some nigger made him his bitch
>>
>>34118325
You have a very active imagination
>>
File: my gun and my gun's son.png (2MB, 1532x608px) Image search: [Google]
my gun and my gun's son.png
2MB, 1532x608px
WA state being one of the first based states. WA confirmed for more free and American than Texicans.

I felt great my first time carrying. I got my ccw before owning any gun and then I went to buy my first handgun, an LCP lol. Bad mistake but doesn't matter now.
>>
File: stalth_gur.jpg (237KB, 697x1000px) Image search: [Google]
stalth_gur.jpg
237KB, 697x1000px
Started with walther CCP at 5-o-clock IWB. Kept pulling my shirt down in the back, nervous habit. No one noticed.

I just bought a p30sk and appendix holster. The first day, man was it painful. Standing felt fine, but any kind of bending or sitting and that thing dug into my hip. Went to get a burger and it felt like I had a raging hard-on that no one noticed.

Adjusted the ride height the next day and it is much comfier. 6 foot, 150 pound skellington by the way. I can't imagine trying appendix with any kind of gut.
>>
>>34116176
It's the same for Ohio. OC is totally legal without a license as long as the gun is visible, but to get a CHL you need to pay $67 cuckbucks and take an 8 hour 'safety class' that usually isn't cheap.
>>
>>34120154
I had to pay $135 for my class. Was some fat Nra toting shill who carried a full sized 1911. Class was at his house. Was me and his fat brother in law. They made 3 pizzas half way through. When they found out I knew more than them about literally everything gun related they started getting into politics.

I then had to shoot his poorly maintained Ruger .22 revolver for 2 hours at the range with him breathing over me. I'm glad they changed thee law so you can renew without taking another class.
>>
>>34116176
This is actually incorrect, they changed CHL (Concealed Handgun License) to just a HL because open carry passed, you still need a permit.
>>
>>34116013
I wouldn't know. I live in MD. I'll probably never leave either, since all of the biology jobs are here.
>>
>>34116013
I don't remember it being "like" anything. IIRC when I started carrying I was using a P3at and a wallet holster.

It was a shitty gun, with a good holster. I never had to use it.

These days I carry a different shitty gun differently.
>>
>>34120592
Any idea how long I have to wait in Texas after I had a DWI in 2012? Last I heard it was 5 years, so I'm looking forward to getting my cert later on.
>>
File: consolidated current EDC 5 26 17.jpg (542KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
consolidated current EDC 5 26 17.jpg
542KB, 1200x900px
>>34118016
ruger, safety and a hybrid, that's a hat trick
>>
>>34116013
Lolno I just put it in my pocket like wtf is a CCW you gay or something little nanny state bitch boy fagot
>>
>>34116013
I had a 7 inch redhawk .44 mag on my hip, I hope people noticed.
>>
>>34116013
>receive permit after weeks of bullshit
>nervous but do research
>6 o'clock n00b carry
>IWB holster w/ glock 26
>wear t-shirt+sweater
>go to walmart because online advice
>goes well
>go to wendy's because hungry
>eat, look around after meal
>no one cares
>go home

I've been carrying for 5+ years now and have had zero problems. I also moved the gun to my hip for better control and have a backup beretta tomcat on my off side.
>>
File: 1375073991934.jpg (54KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
1375073991934.jpg
54KB, 500x329px
TREMENDOUS FAGGOT
>>
>>34118449
>based WA
>cant own FA
Please.
>>
>>34122120
5 years for class A or B misdemeanor s.
>>
>>34123486
I thank you for your candor.
>>
>>34123094
True, but bump stocks are cheaper anyway, and have actually gotten pretty good.
>>
>>34116201
There is no reciprocity in Illinois. I believe there's some untested very, very vague wording about honoring permits from "states with similar gun laws" i.e., not sconi
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.