[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long till we see soldiers being dropped into combat in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bEZlAHn.gif (1009KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
bEZlAHn.gif
1009KB, 500x281px
How long till we see soldiers being dropped into combat in the same style as ODSTs?
>>
as soon as you stop making halo threads faggot
>>
>>34114400
I don't know how they even survived reentry, in the lore the Covenant have scary good PD lasers.
>>
>>34114447
Protagonist power.
>>
>>34114400
When the DOD becomes so retarded that they're willing to waste money on glorified paratroopers whom produce little in return. Looks like we're already on that path, so it might not be as long as you think, so long as the laws of physics no longer apply.
>>
>>34114447
Maybe by dropping at a speed of 10km/s or something stupidly fast?
It doesn't look very fast in the game but escape velocity of earth is around 10km/s. If you go up that fast you'll come down that fast. I don't know how good the lasers are but you'll be tracking something moving several times faster than a bullet.
>>
>>34114468

>If you go up that fast you'll come down that fast.

????
>>
>>34114461
Mad butthurt vatnik that Russia is a piece of shit and weak as fuck compared to American military.

You could just leave Russia and forget about that shithole and become something greater, part of something greater, USA.
>>
>>34114500
terrible post.
reconsider your life
>>
>>34114491
In space, there's nothing to slow you down. Meaning whatever speed you achieve getting into orbit you keep when you decide to deorbit. To deorbit you just slow down though to tilt your trajectory downward into the earth and let air do the rest. This happens just below orbital velocity which for earth is at least several times faster than a bullet.
>>
>>34114500
You fucking nog, I am a pure blooded American. My family has been in America since pre-1700. I have ancestors who died fighting for this country's freedom. I believe in her values, her foundation, and believe she is God-blessed paradise. So don't you going accusing me of being some fucking pinko who'd like to see Uncle Sam fucked up the ass, cause I sure as hell ain't.

No, what I meant was that DoD is especially wasteful with funds. I won't lie, the American Military complex is something to admire, but fucking hell is it wasteful and inefficient at times.
>>
>>34114468
>10km per second.
>pic related would be on the ground in 1-2 seconds
>Archers move at 250km per second
>Archers are ripple fired at rates that would make Honor squirt her pants.
>Marathon class ship carries 5,500 Archers.
>Salvo is 300+ missles
>every 15 seconds.
>>
>>34114400
There are rumors that we already have something resembling that capability that is launched out of a C-5 in a similar fashion to those Minuteman tests in the 70s and can send a Blackhawk's worth of JSOC operators anywhere just about on the planet via a suborbital trajectory and a craft that lands like the X-20 or X-38 were supposed to.
>>
>>34114534
There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that moves through air slow enough to not evaporate that will evade a laser capable of shooting down objects moving multiple times faster.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.