[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is so wrong with my technique or why is my head shaped to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4483.jpg (69KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4483.jpg
69KB, 356x356px
What is so wrong with my technique or why is my head shaped to make it impossible for me to shoulder a rifle while wearing earmuffs? Not a big deal as I find earplugs to be more effective at reducing noise but I wish I could use those electronic earmuffs with the built in microphones.

Does anyone else have this problem or is my head just too weird and fucked up to ever use these?
>>
>>34110775
never came across a person that didn't have this problem with certain ear muffs. Switch to inter ear plugs instead or wear them a bit higher.
>>
Are you tilting your head to get a sight picture?
>>
>>34110788
I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to line my eye up behind the rifle without tilting my head into the stock. Therein lies the problem.
>>
>>34110775
How tall are you?
>>
>>34110810
You bring your gun to your eyes, not the other way around
>>
>>34110775
Its head shape. Some people just have ears higher or lower than others. Youre gonna have to just be spendy and get smaller ear protection.

Honestly, i havnt checked in a long while, but i made the same discovery on my first rifle that had a high comb and havnt tried normal ear protection in 10 years.....i guess i got to borrow a friends ear pro next time im at the range with my AR or sporter stock type gun....
>>
>>34110941
This. Keep your head high and bring the rifle up. Shrug your shoulder a bit to get the butt of the stock up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2kKR4n-moQ
>>
>>34110884
6'2
>>34110941
I've heard this a million times before but I honestly think I'm just too quasimodo to hold a gun.
>>34111029
Maybe it's my ears. I have pretty long ear lobes.
>>34111036
>Shrug your shoulder a bit to get the butt of the stock up.
This is what I feel like I need to do but at the same time I was told that I should stay relaxed as possible and I guess that stuck.
>>
superior high cheek bones... get some plugs, they work better anyways.
>>
>>34110775

>riiiiiiinnnnnnnng

What is

>rrrriiiiiinnnnng

ear protection?
>>
>>34111307
>This is what I feel like I need to do but at the same time I was told that I should stay relaxed as possible and I guess that stuck.
you can raise your shoulders a bit without tensing up unnecessarily
>>
>>34110775
>>34110810
I have the exact same fucking problem.

But the only rifle I have is a Mosin, and its stock is not representative of most rifles.
>>
>>34110775
Move the stock inboard a bit not on the outside of your shoulder but almost on your chest. Look up pics of people doing three gun.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 218x232px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 218x232px
>>34113245
Like this... his butt is about half way from the end of his shoulder to the start of his neck.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.