[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interested in picking up an FN-49 for my collection Which caliber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (6KB, 432x117px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 432x117px
Interested in picking up an FN-49 for my collection

Which caliber should I try to get? So many damn choices. Interested in whichever will wear out the mechanicals the least, so things like .30-06 (which the rifle was not designed for, but instead was modified to use by the purchasing country) kinda scare me.
>>
>>34108970
I believe the rifle was originally designed for 8mm, so I wouldn't worry about 30-06 wearing it out faster. I have actually been looking for one in 30-06 for awhile, but they aren't terribly common.
>>
>>34108970
30-06 rifles were made from scratch by FN as well, so I wouldn't be wary of those
and IIRC the original caliber for it was 7.65 belgian (or argentine, it's listed as both)
>>
>>34108970
>he just watched iraqveteran8888
>>
>>34109075
It originally came in 7x57, .30-'06 (7.62x63mm), 7.65x53mm, and 8x57mm. Argentina would later convert many of theirs to 7.62NATO.
>>
>>34108970
I'd get a 7mm or 30-06 one myself, mostly because I just don't like 8mm Mauser. But they're fine in any of their issued calibers.
>>
Is there a rifle similar to the FN-49, but chambered in .223?

Besides the Mini-14, thing is overpriced as fuck
>>
>>34108970
>protoFAL is problematic in 30-06
No.
Just no.
It was designed by Duidonne Sauce motherfucker; you could probably chamber that shit for .50 BMG and still have wiggle room.

Find what meets your fancy in terms of price and caliber and buy it.
Frankly I'd like one myself but I still need to recuperate from purchasing my Hakim.
>>
>>34109164
FNC comes to mind
>>
>>34109189
>Dieudonne Saive
>>
>>34109164
>>34109203
or if you mean "wood furniture semiauto for intermediate caliber" instead, then I'd go for an SKS
not much of a choice in that category really
>>
>>34109203
They even available in the US? I feel like they're covered by some import ban or something
>>
>>34109224
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/650524599
>>
>>34109238
>$4000 for a .223 semi

HA
>>
>>34108970
Honestly, don't be too picky on caliber. If you really want one and have a big itch that MUST be scratched, just pick whatever mechanically sound FN-49 that shows up first regardless of what round it is chambered in.

If you have money and/or patience, I would go for one in 7.65x53 because that would be original (but more for the mechanical fashion). If you just want one to shoot but you don't make your own ammo, get one in 8x57 or 30-06 since those are the two most affordable and available rounds in is chambered in.
>>
>>34109280
but its honestly harder to find these in semi than select fire nowadays
>>
>>34109327
I'm sure it's justified by supply/demand, I just can't bring myself to spend that when I could buy 4 AR-15's for the same price, especially when it's just another rifle from the 70's with no real historical value
>>
>>34109280
It's a semi that can accept a full auto sear. All FNCs are. That's part of the expense. That and the rarity. They are, along with every other non-ar15 rifle, a collectors item.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.