[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to buy this for 45 dollarinos. It says that is for zombies,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: thumbnail.jpg (41KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
41KB, 450x450px
About to buy this for 45 dollarinos.
It says that is for zombies, will it work fine for normal bodies /k/?
>>
File: 217877_ts.jpg (138KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
217877_ts.jpg
138KB, 1155x1155px
>>34100933
not a toy.
>>
>>34100933
Like a charm. It's a katana, no matter how cheap it will cut steel.
>>
A $45 "zombie" mall katana is probably cheap stainless or mild steel and won't cut butter. It'll also fall apart and generally be unpleasant for you.

Why do you need a sword? We could recommend one.
>>
>>34100933

Try to commit weeaboo minesweeper with it and get back to us on that.
>>
File: Machete Gerber.jpg (3KB, 171x240px) Image search: [Google]
Machete Gerber.jpg
3KB, 171x240px
Seeing as it's summer I'll take a nibble.
Is the blade sharp?
What quality steel is it?
Does the blade run through the handle or just to the hilt?
For 45$ I'm guessing your getting a quality sword. Use that money to buy a quality machete if you want a decent blade (and tool) for defence against people.
>>
File: IMG_20151230_182959(1).jpg (2MB, 2160x3600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151230_182959(1).jpg
2MB, 2160x3600px
>>34100950
>Why do you need a sword? We could recommend one.

I live in Britain and I want it for home defense. I`m buying it from abroad, because the shops here are to pussies to sell katanas, and I was told that it will be send by private curier and won`t get taken by the customs.
>>
>>34101013
>Britain
>Allowed to defend yourself
>With an "offensive weapon"

Good luck with prison. And the only thing that sword-like object is good for is hanging on the wall and demonstrating your lack of taste and money.
>>
>>34100933
>will it work fine for normal bodies

No, it only works on zombie bodies, because it is so flimsy that it could only harm imaginary things and would break if it ever made contact with a real physical thing
>>
>>34100933
Protip: If you have to kill someone with it and they turn into a zombie you can kill them again
>>
>>34100933
You know how in survival horror games sometimes melee weapons are only good for a couple hits and then they break and the protagonist throws them away and goes back to sneaking around or running for his life? I like to think these kinds of weapons are trying to replicate that game mechanic.
>>
>>34101013
1. If you really want a sword for this purpose get a reliable one made by a manufacturer known to be decent.
(e.g. the Hanwei practical series of swords, sold in the UK starting around 200 quid)

2. A katana can be a bit large for home defense, depending on the ceiling height, hallways etc. a wakisashi or ko-katana is likely the better choice if you're into Japanese stuff.

3. The UK banned knifes for having bright green handles and "zombie" written on them... You'll likely end up in jail for owning and not even using the stupid looking thing you posted.
>>
Presuming that OP is serious...

Spend the $45 on a basic machete, hatchet, or axe. They'll do the same job, and if the police ask questions, you can say that you bought it for backyard maintenance.
>>
File: hoplo.jpg (80KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hoplo.jpg
80KB, 960x720px
>>34101452
It's the UK, it's likely that a machete would be seen as a too dangerous tool to own for garden maintenance ..
Even sports equipment is likely to be off limits unless you can prove that you use it regularly.

An antique sword is probably a relatively safe bet to own (if accompanied by history books) ... if you only point at the attacker, and don't intentionally harm them.

The only thing that won't get you into trouble when defending yourself in the UK by hitting people are probably oversized sex toys ...
>>
Could /k/ recommend me a good sword? I'm not op and I don't live in the UK but I'd still like to have one just encase if the barely plausible situation were to arise that I would possibly need a sword.
>>
>>34101613
1. what style do you fancy, and what's you budget?
2. how large are the hallways and what's the ceiling height?
>>
>>34101638
Something light but I'm also willing to go with something slightly heavy, my budget is 70-100 dollars, and ceiling is pretty high outside of my bedroom, it's a modular, used to have a hallway but the previous owner knocked out one of the walls when it was a four bedroom modular to extend one room for a pool table.
>>
>>34101661
Many swords are very light for the size, but only if made properly .. (distal taper, e.g 9mm thick at the base of the blade, 3mm at the tip, expensive to manufacture)
The Japanese style market gets them down in price through volume...

Anything non Japanese in style is likely outside of your budget if you want decent handling:
http://www.kultofathena.com/swords-katana-br-price.asp
>>
File: zoinks.jpg (24KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
zoinks.jpg
24KB, 341x341px
>>34101302
It all makes sense now!
>>
>>34101573
Do people even get sentenced for defending themselves? Arrested, sure, but sentenced? I've never seen this happen.
>>
>>34100933
it's probably a piece of shit that will break in half instantly

spend 200 on a decent monotemper katana if you really want one
>>
>>34101661
Anything by Cobra Steel would suit your needs nicely. I'd recommend the Kindjal, but all their products are built to the same standard. They're made out of 1095 carbon steel, so they'll rust if you aren't careful, but they'll also take quite a beating when you need them to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwwfc8Umv54
http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=402578
>>
>>34101013
>shops here are to pussies to sell katanas
they're not "to pussy", swords with curved blades are illegal in the uk, you dumb fuck
buy a fucking claymore
>>
>>34100933
How about you spend that $45 on an adequate stamped chef's knife and honing rod and eat right you fat shit?
>>
>>34101013
>Importing a fucking weapon from abroad that you can't simply purchase here due to whatever reason
With all due respect do you expect your edgetastic green & black zombie sword with no historic or artistic value to get past customs?
>>
>>34102023
yes, there was a farmer who stabbed an intruder and got 2 years in prison if I remember correctly
>>
>>34100947
i wonder how many soccermoms bought that before they put that warning label
>>
>>34101573
is it illegal to own a stick now
>>
>>34100933
Wow, they've somehow managed to make owning a katana MORE autistic
>>
>>34104158
Kek
>>
>>34106725
>bumping this shit thread back to the top of the catalog for a throwaway reply
>>
>>34101013
You are going in jail bud.
Please stop posting before someone reports you.
>>
>>34103941
Maybe it's just ass-covering by Hornady

>>34100947
Literally just A-Max but in green and cheaper.
>>
I miss the light rail avenger...

F
>>
that looks gay as fuck, and I bet the steel is shit on it too

in other words you'll get what you pay for
>>
>>34101013
get an actual sword from Hanwei or Albion
>>
Sure anon, just don't swing it around. If it isn't the following things:
>Full tang
>Carbon steel (unless you know your steels)
>Heat treated
>Tempered
Then it is a Sword Like Object, and more dangerous than your autism.

>>34101573
I would personally suggest suing the attacker afterwards for the trauma, of being forced to use sexual objects during the consentless act of a robbery.
>>
>>34101013

reported to Scotland Yard

bin that katanife
>>
>>34107077
Trust me m9, you don't want to be reported to the investigative branch of /pol/.
>>
>>34107085

I AM /pol/, nigger
>>
File: holocaust 2.jpg (206KB, 960x954px) Image search: [Google]
holocaust 2.jpg
206KB, 960x954px
>>34107098
Kek, no you're not
>>
>>34102063
>swords with curved blades are illegal in the uk
Why? Why the fuck is importing a massive two handed sword legal but a scimitar not?
>>
>>34107130
Chavs were buying cheap repro katana and bringing to street fights.

So they made it illegal to have a curved, non-traditionally made swords unless you had a good reason to own one (somewhat serious collector, martial artist, sword dancing, etc). So basically it's just wallhangers and cheap Chinese beaters that are illegal, and only if you're a chav.
>>
>>34107085
Kek newfag britcuck
>>
File: 1462703565618.jpg (108KB, 736x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1462703565618.jpg
108KB, 736x1065px
>>34102063
>buy a fucking claymore
Claymore is too big for my wee flat.Now that I think about it, I will get a gladius.
>>
>>34107523
Get it right, faggot. I'm a leaf.
>>
>>34108584
>A
Fucking
>Leaf
>>
>>34107103
better version:
Heh, you know Jimbo, the ovens at Treblinka would have had to burn over 6000 bodies an hour to make the purported death figures accurate, but no ashes or bone fragments have been found on the site! Now ain't that just quackin' crazy?
>>
>>34100933
You know all katanas online and in stores are not good or well made and they will break and bend if used for first time and the only way you could actually get an actual non stamp and non bullshit katana is to actually go to Japan and find a well knowned katana blacksmith maker and have him build you the real katana and after it is made you pay the large sums of price on it and there you have it a real Katana and bot those cheap made in china trash katanas.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.