[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would anyone on Earth buy this. Especially at 700 bucks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Remington-R51-rightview.png (40KB, 514x362px) Image search: [Google]
Remington-R51-rightview.png
40KB, 514x362px
Why would anyone on Earth buy this.

Especially at 700 bucks. What the hell were they thinking?
>>
>>34100105
If money meant nothing to me I'd buy it because it looks pretty sweet.
>>
>>34100105
>What the hell were they thinking?
they weren't
>>
>>34100105
Where is it being sold for $700?

>>34100113
It is more of a turd than a Colt Double Eagle. The R51 is in all likelihood the worst pistol ever released by a major manufacturer in the past decade.
>>
>>34100105
Why did you remind me that this exists?
>>
>>34100144
>worse than [modern Colt design of your choice] whoa there let's not get carried away
>>
File: Remington-Live-Ready-Tent-Gun-Ad.jpg (203KB, 708x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Remington-Live-Ready-Tent-Gun-Ad.jpg
203KB, 708x1019px
You should have seen the faces when the ad books for it came out
>>
File: Remington-Gun-Ad.jpg (220KB, 727x1017px) Image search: [Google]
Remington-Gun-Ad.jpg
220KB, 727x1017px
>>34100221
>>
>>34100105
It looks kinda neat. Don't like the trigger, though. What's so bad about it?
>>
>>34100144
I'm retarded so can you explain why it's so bad?
>>
>>34100221
>>34100234
At least the ads are cool. They'd be cooler if someone shopped a deagle brand deagle in.
>>
>>34100427
It literally doesn't work. Remington put no quality control into it, and as a consequence it Fucking jams/Failures to feed/Failures to eject with every brand/type of ammunition. It's a goddamned shame because I absolutely love the aesthetics of it. Watch pretty much any youtube review, they all reach the same conclusions.
>>
>>34100427
Slide and trigger mechanism feel like they are filled with sand. Awful weapon.
>>
>>34100476
It's an absolute shame, because not only does it look great, but with that low bore axis it could have been the best 9mm single-stack on the market if it had even passable reliability.
>>
>>34100476
So you haven't heard of the Gen 2 or what?
>>
>>34101050
I'm curious if the gen2 fixed anything, but it's hard to find anything but people shitting on the gen1, or not specifying which they're shitting on.
>>
>>34100105
>that qr code

disgusting
>>
>>34100234
Are they implying serial killers drive Datsun 270z's?
>>
>>34101357
It's a vast improvement on all the stovepiping and jams. TFB did a review and so did Gun Digest. So far happy results from the recall. There's also nameless youtubers and MAC who made reviews on the Gen 2
>>
>>34101369
this
Why do I keep seeing QR codes on guns? It's shitty fad tech that will be completely replaced by some new form of data encoding in 20 years.
>>
>>34100144
The Colt Double Eagle was a disaster, but they kind of fixed it up enough to be workable. Remington will never fix the R51

>>34100105
They were hoping to scam you.

>>34100260
>>34100427
Everything.

Fails to feed, fails to eject, fails to extract, fails to go into battery, fires out of battery, the slide randomly becomes super hard to rack when the selling point is the opposite, everything about it is gritty.
>>
>>34101390
>that field strip/reassembly
jesus christ
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.