[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Either talk me into or out of buying a kukri. I'm talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: kukrigrass.jpg (149KB, 800x457px) Image search: [Google]
kukrigrass.jpg
149KB, 800x457px
Either talk me into or out of buying a kukri.

I'm talking authentic, Nepalese heavy knives, not the machete shape.
>>
If you're going to be using for clearing some bush or chopping off fish heads then by all means, if you're going to be swinging it around in your backyard like an autistic faggit then maybe not.
>>
I have a few, they are amazing. Buy one,
>>
>>34091531
I usually carry one with me when im out and about on my property. Theyre great for just about everything I need, clearing brush as well as being able to cut smaller trees down with ease.
>>
>>34091531

Why do we need to talk you into or out of buying it? Are you not a grown adult that can make your own decisions, or you really that retarded and need the approval or disapproval from a bunch of other retards?
>>
Honestly, you could get great use out of a machete and/or fix blade knife while saving money. If you think those things are also cool then go that route. If not then get the kukri cause you will die someday so surround yourself with things that make you smile esp if you have the money to do so
>>
>>34091531
I've got a mini one, I like it. Buy one OP.
>>
>>34091531
Authentic ones are only $40.
>>
File: Steel grade autism.jpg (78KB, 900x602px) Image search: [Google]
Steel grade autism.jpg
78KB, 900x602px
I know this post will out me as an autistic faggot but are straight edged Kukri's similar to the one in Halo reach a thing and can anyone link me if so, they just seem more aesthetic. Cheers boys.
>>
>>34091531
You're on /K/.

go buy one.

I would suggest kukrihut or one of the similar suppliers. A kukri shouldn't cost more than $50 tops.
>>
File: 20130304_125847.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20130304_125847.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>34091531
If you get one, try and get one with water buffalo horn for the handle.
(pic related)

Wood always looks like shit, imo.

>>34092041
>straight kukri
>straight
Fucking degenerate!
>>
>>34091781
That's pretty much my intended purpose, whacking shrubs or trees around the property.

I live in the Sierras so most shrubs are too thick and hard for a machete, but too thin and sprawling for an axe. Kukri seems like a really good compromise.

Also, they're just so cool, and I don't really have a dedicated "big fuckin' chopper knife" in my possession yet.
>>
>>34091531
My job requires me to be innawoods almost everyday (land surveyor) and my Ontario machete is getting old, so I bought a Himalayan Imports one to chop through brush and trees and shit.
I can chop bigger trees than I could before and they're tough as nails, so I really like it. I miss the reach my old machete had, but that's really the only physical drawback. Some redneck asked when I robbed a pirate though, so be ready for stupid comments and questions.
>>
Worse than a hatchet for chopping wood
Worse than a machete for clearing brush

Does a decent job of doing both in one tool
>>
>>34092329
They are also fucking awesome at decapitating shit, like chickens and fish.
>>
>>34092213
Do it.
I got a cheap $20 thing years ago that I still use. Love it. Chopped down several trees with it.
It's the best of both handaxe and knife worlds.
>>
>>34091791
I desperately need the approval of a group because I'm basically an animal and not being accepted by the pack mentally traumatizes me.
>>
>>34092421
Kek
>>
I got indian one from ww2
>>
>>34091531
or you could put your money into a piggy bank and save for something better
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.