[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some practical applications for full-auto? Why shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

File: download.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
What are some practical applications for full-auto? Why shouldn't we be allowed to have that capability?

I'm debating with a buddy, who sees no reason for citizens to be able to own full auto, while I say that we should absolitely have that right. I'm not a soldier so I have no experience or qualifications to talk about fire suppression which is the only thing I could think about.
>>
full auto is a meme, a fun meme but a meme nonetheless
>>
>>34091357
We should have the right, but it's worth mentioning the only thing it's good for is wasting ammo.

Get a slide fire and a hair trigger if you really need a way to inaccurately waste ammo.
>>
>>34091357
Maybe you like wasting ammo or something. I can't really think of a good way to use full auto. Maybe it could scare off some critters? But then you'd best just shoot them on semi.
>>
Home defence maybe? Would be pretty fucking cool to have a bedside m60.
>>
>>34091357
The only use of full auto is area denial, you switch to full and shoot off bursts to deny an enemy from moving into that area. Beyond that the only purpose it has is to blow through ammo quickly.
>>
>>34091357
i dunno it's not really a good idea in most sane scenarios. i think the army boys want something that's only theirs. well full retard is only theirs.
>>
anyhow what i really want is a gun that automatically double taps. i don't understand why that is not a thing.
>>
>>34091412
what is an echo trigger, what are binary triggers
>>
So then the whole idea of being able to kill a million times more people with full auto is bullshit, right?
>>
>>34091423
The best way to kill lots of people at once is with a fragmentation bomb.
>>
>>34091423
You will put a lot of rounds into the exterior of the crowd, without damaging the interiors.

i.e. the first target gets a nice 5-6 rnd burst and the rest go into the air because you probably have no training in how to control full auto.
>>
>>34091423
Things don't really work like that one cowaduty mission, people scatter real fucking fast when adrenaline kicks in, by the time the first row of people are on the ground everyone else has fucked off. Still more deadly then semi but it won't just mince meat a crowd like you'd think.
>>
File: 1444822748669.webm (3MB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
1444822748669.webm
3MB, 640x359px
>be american
>experience is limited to single targets or hunting
>"Hurr I can't understand why full auto is useful."
>"All you're doing is wasting bullets."
>>
>>34091357
Suppressive fire, duh..... more pracical for subguns though introduce lurking treyvons in your house to some fine swiss cuisine
>>
File: 1494675213918.jpg (335KB, 1500x875px) Image search: [Google]
1494675213918.jpg
335KB, 1500x875px
>>34091393
>area denial/suppressive fire
Not true. The Marines did a study that found automatic fire is more effective the semi-automatic on moving targets (king of obvious when you think about it). The catch is the selector lever must already be in the auto position, otherwise by the time you switch it's too late. I think Geissele made a prototype selector that tried to fix that issue.
>>
File: 1492764056301.jpg (2MB, 1660x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1492764056301.jpg
2MB, 1660x1370px
>>34091423
It takes less time to make a hit using full auto than it does in single shots. If you're limited by time you will kill more people than you would using single shots.
>>
>>34091357
shall not be infringed nigger
>>
Fully automatic pistol (and later intermediate) cartridge rifle was trench warfare meta.
>>
>>34091520
A skilled shooter can place shots on target more accurately with semi versus auto, and almost as quickly too.
>>
>>34091520
Interesting they mention that the further or more dangerous your target is, the longer should you burst. That pretty much means that longer bursts are necessary to increase probability of hits and also the amount of hits.
>>
>>34091544
>at 300 yards 4 single shots are just as quickly done as 15 rounds in bursts.
>>
>>34091590
whoops meant 9 rounds in bursts.

You end up pulling the trigger almost half as much. There's really not much to debate about it.
>>
File: 1492792693809.jpg (184KB, 840x830px) Image search: [Google]
1492792693809.jpg
184KB, 840x830px
>>34091566
>>
>>34091615
>There's really not much to debate about it.
I did say "skilled" shooter, which is probably different than your average shooter, don't you think?
>>
>>34091655
It's 4 trigger pulls vs ~2. The skilled shooter has to aim and pull the trigger just twice versus 4 times.
>>
>>34091518
Right, I guess full auto is why running around randomly to be a difficult target like you do in a fast paced FPS doesn't work IRL.

The other obvious answer is tightly packed groups of enemies, it's just kind of irrelevant because no fighting people do that anymore
>>
File: 1492783351698.png (125KB, 854x728px) Image search: [Google]
1492783351698.png
125KB, 854x728px
>>34091566
Compare >>34091627 to pic related. Look at the probability per hit go up when bursting.
>>
What is we were allowed FA in the US, but the RPM was regulated? Like we could buy FA guns like any normal semi-auto, but it was limited to something low like 200-300 RPM? It's way more practical to have a FA gun with a low RPM anyway, if you want to insist on owning a FA gun.

This would mean manufacturers would be able to make and sell FA guns, but only if they reworked them to fire much more slowly. I think it'd lead to manufacturers creating a lot of cool and interesting new guns.
>>
>>34091357
The only situation where full-auto makes sense is in room clearing with a weapon that has almost no recoil.
>>
AREA fucking TARGETS
>>
>>34091416
utter crap they are
>>
>>34091357
It's good for CQB. Imagine carrying a Glawk 18 for CC. Tagging a dude with an 11-round burst of 9mm would do more damage than a cylinder of .357 in 1/6 the time.
>>
>>34091357
none
>>
>>34091357

> "practical"

Sorry, outside burning a hole in your wallet on the range, or suppressing fire in a red zone, there ain't one.
>>
>>34091364

bump fire is just about the same as full auto why not just unban machine guns?
>>
>>34094109
Because the atf is retarded and needs to be disbanded
>>
>>34091357
Shoot moving things and hit them better, stop moving things from coming into area, make moving things stop moving so you can move.

Like with any firearm in a 'practical' standpoint it all depends on
>how much ammo you have
>how long until you get more
>are you going to get more
>how many other people are with you
>how many people are against you
>where are they
>what you are planning to do once you get to the place you are shooting at people to get at
>why you are shooting at people
>ect. ect. ect.
>>
>>34091412
the AN-94 does it, but is also a fairly complex mechanism.
>>
>>34091357
Just a reminder that the NFA was brought into existence because some greasy wop in Chicago couldn't handle a Tommy gun and wasted a little girl in a botched gangland hit, which never would have happened if dried out old cunts didn't push for alcohol prohibition thinking that liquor was the reason their husbands beat them and not because they were dried out old cunts.

>tl;Dr
Women are directly responsible for the NFA
>>
File: 423423.jpg (7KB, 300x110px) Image search: [Google]
423423.jpg
7KB, 300x110px
>>34091357
http://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/17/sofic-geissele-high-speed-selector-for-m4m16/

Next step is putting muzzle brake on 5.56 and realizing full auto is better every time.
>>
File: carrie.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
carrie.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
Bong here, I was actually thinking about this last night. Can anyone tell me why full auto is banned over in Burgerland? There's obviously nothing in the Constitution about fire modes, so surely a ban would have no grounds and could be chucked out by the first remotely pro-gun supreme court to come along?
>>
>>34097171
It was the first step in banning all firearms here but after people started realizing they were getting nothing in return they stopped letting the libs take and take and take and take and take
>>
>>34097171
Nobody has had the money or is willing to risk minimum 10 years in Federal prison to push the issue.
The other problem is that it's a total crapshoot as to whether or not the supreme court will support the Hughes Amendment or say that it goes against the 2nd. Even the Constitutionalist judges may not think that full auto is protected.
Our best chance is to pass a bill that has a tag along (can't remember what that's called right now) that nullifies the Hughes Amendment and thus re opens the NFA machine gun registry.
>>
Suppression is pretty much it other than absolute gigglefit inducing, if expensive fun.
>>
>>34091544
Accuracy is irrelevant if you're just mag dumping into crowds.

Sure you'll get more 1337 Xpert headshots but total kills, wounded, and fearful reactions are what you're after.

Seeing 60 people strewn about with blood everywhere, having the mortally wounded cry for help and etc. is much more effective at terrorist games than simply killing some people with accurate fire.
>>
>>34097205
>willing to risk minimum 10 years in Federal prison

So someone would have to violate the ban in order to take it to court? I really don't get it, if we look at cases like Heller V. DC the court decided a law was unconstitutional because it vaguely violated the 2nd. A strict constructionist court should deem the auto ban unconstitutional in my opinion.

Also what's the /k/ubist opinion of Gorsuch? If he's pro-life in every aspect won't he be anti gun?
>>
Putting rounds down range faster.
>>
>>34091523
Even if there was a legal right to full retard it still wouldnt be useful.
>>
>semi is more deadly than full-auto
Please don't argue about that with libtards, it'll only make them think that semis should be banned.
>>
>>34097227

Because the Orlando night club shooter needed semi to kill 47 people.

Full auto should be unbanned.
>>
>>34097251
>the court decided a law was unconstitutional because it vaguely violated the 2nd
Did you actually read the decision? They ruled the D.C. handgun ban unconstitutional because it, in conjunction with all of D.C.'s other firearms regulations, amounted to a de facto ban on all firearms. The only thing novel in the Heller decision was their finding that the second amendment provides for an individual right to own firearms for personal defense. Since handguns are the most widely preferred tool for personal defense, the court held that any blanket handgun ban or regulation that restricted handguns to the extent that they couldn't effectively be used for personal defense would violate the second amendment. They specifically noted that the decision does not imply that the government doesn't have a valid interest in regulating firearms. Since there's no sensible analogous argument for full auto weapons, any ruling along those lines would probably have to throw out all firearms regulation across the board. While some politicians might stump for that, I don't think any supreme court justice, no matter how much of a strict constructionist, is going to go for it.
>>
>>34091357
If you're ever opfor, then it's really fun to full auto out of windows

Thats about it
>>
>>34091357

Isn't full auto good for soviet tactics in regards to volume of fire and training?

Also I remember certain anon making a looong thread( a month ago or more) about why controlled bursts could be more precise than semi auto, but I most certainly can't find it(and read it again, it was long and I was too busy to read it entirely)
>>
Honestly i'm in favor of it because I want 'Nam milsurp but it could really make gun owners lives a lot worse

1.It could make mass shootings a lot worse (and you know what that means) if they were able to get a hold of support weapons and mount them on a bipod and unload into a crowd. ARs are not designed to fire 50+ rounds in rapid secession, but a SAW is. That being said I don't think it would have a huge effect since it would take away the shooters mobility, but try telling the media that.

2.Officer fuckhead lights up half a city block because a jaywalker reached into his pockets too quickly, all phones in the area were mysteriously smashed. the Department launched an internal investigation and found no wrongdoing.

3.Most importantly say goodbye to affordable ammo. The last thing we need is another excuse for richfag babyboomers to snatch all the ammo up and drive the prices to astronomical levels, and this would be just that. Say hello to .75/rd 9mm and 1.25/rd 5.56

Ironically this would probably make rounds like .30-06 and .45 more popular again among casual gun owners.
>>
>>34091357
>What are some practical applications for full-auto?

Ambushes.
>>
For when you need to start street sweeping operations.
>>
>>34097319
>belt fed fully automatic weapons
>not useful

get the fuck out of here nigger
>>
>>34094109
Because legalizing machine guns sounds scary to many idiots and the Semocrats would go on a PR blitz demonizing any congressman who openly supported it.
>>
Close range unexpected bear or big cat removal.
>>
>>34100251
>unexpected bear removal
>>
>>34097740
https://archived.moe/k/thread/33714770/
>>
>>34094109
Those in office and many owners of expensive machine guns that start at 15k dollars would get mad that their investment is going to be worth as much as your ar15 would be, and all the money spent on a machine gun would be for nothing.
>>
I think it should be legal of course, but I'd rarely use it. I'm thinking a good application could be just absolute desperation and trying to buy yourself some time. Say you're out in the open, and 10 hardcore gangstas have been shooting at you because you scuffed their rims. You're ducking behind lightposts and trying to get to more solid cover. They're 20 feet away and emptying their mags at you. It's 10 vs. 1, and they're really pissed about those rims.

Well, instead of poking your head out from the lightpost, just put your gun out there and spray-n-pray. You should hear return fire stop as they duck from the random barrage of bullets flying in their general direction. You can get up, run, and drop a few bursts behind you as you're getting the hell out of the bad part of town.

The same could be said for, like, a bear or something. If the bear was 10 feet away, and pissed that you got too close to 'they keeids', you could just dump a magazine at it, assuming that at even a 20% accuracy rate, you've still nailed it with 6 shots.

But really, I'd rarely use the fun switch. Like most people have said, it's terrible for accuracy unless you're in close quarters and you're just trying to kill something real quick. I suppose if I was clearing buildings, I'd rather put 5 shots into a guy real quick than have him just wounded and able to get me before he dies.
>>
for making sure he stays dead
>>
>>34091357

The only practical applications that come to mind are for specific anti-terror/HRT guys. And in their case, it's always SMG's. Be it the P90, MP5, UMP45, etc. In these scenarios I can see why having full auto is practical. Or in the case of LMG and HMG's. Otherwise, I don't see it. Unless you're talking point-defense stuff but that isn't really what we're discussing.
>>
the only uses for full auto are 1. in the final assault, when you and your mates are sweeping thru and hosing down everything and 2. repelling a final assault, when you are your mates are hosing down everything. That being said, you'll probably never ever need it, but that being said- if you need it you'll REALLY fucking need it. Hope this clears it up.
>>
>>34091390
This
>>
>>34091437
>wut is "Port Arthur Massacre"
>>
>>34097158
>Next step is putting muzzle brake on 5.56
Only in competition. Doing any kind of team indoor/vehicular training with a muzzle brake is an excellent way to get your ass kicked.
>>
It's not the bill of needs. We don't NEED cars that go over 55 miles an hour, if even that. Think of all of the deaths that could be prevented if cars couldn't exceed 55, or even 25 for that matter. You'll still get where you're going faster than walking.
>>
>>34097389
>needed semi to kill 47 people.
minus the ones LEO shot in crossfire and let bleed to death waiting in bathroom for hours.
>>
File: al3n1__41015.1396642706.500.750.jpg (247KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
al3n1__41015.1396642706.500.750.jpg
247KB, 500x500px
>>34104727
perhaps with a "sound redirector"? Apparently it works, cannot confirm
>>
>>34097918
Nobody is gonna spend the 10k to buy any SAW just to shoot it into a crowd. Much cheaper and easier ways to do it.
>>
>>34104713
A false flag operation?
>>
>>34091357
when the mongolian horde comes over the horizon full force at you and every bullet regardless of shot placement makes a difference. other than that, enemy suppression and diversion. you build a wall with automatic fire.

>>34097171
>nfa
it was put in place to quell the use of automatic firearms in criminal and gang related use. it won't be banned due to the market that nfa funs has created. it sure as shit didn't cost anyone $20k-$50k to make an automatic firearm, but people sure as shit pay those prices for them. nfa funs are a legit investment nowadays, with the rich buying up full auto funs with the intention of selling them only to other nfa appropriate owners. it's a closed high value market. charlton heston was a big time nra advocate, but owned a fuck ton of nfa stuff. he would never persuade someone to repeal the nfa if it would make all his nfa funs worth a fuckton less than what he paid for them.
>>
>>34102003
>start at 15k
Nah senpai I think the cheap mgs are about 4-5k
Typically mac patern guns and maybe some uzis I believe.
>>
There's a reason every single small arms weapons in the military other than the primary rifleman and fully automatic. Every infantryman knows the most causality producing weapon in a squad is the SAW and the most causality producing weapon in a platoon is the 240
>>
>>34091357
>Why shouldn't we be allowed to have that capability?

We should.
>>
File: brake without the concussion.jpg (107KB, 739x772px) Image search: [Google]
brake without the concussion.jpg
107KB, 739x772px
>>34106099
I made something similar to that.

It does redirect it--but unless it has better geometry it will flare out to the sides a lot.

This piece doesn't extend far enough but I am pretty sure the effect would be similar.

The effective "redirection" zone will extend past the shooter but not very far.
>>
>SHALL
>>
>>34106106
This, none of the people who can buy full autos have lives depressing enough to throw away on a mass shooting. If you can swing 15k around recreationally, you probably have women AND friends even if none of them truly like you...
>>
>>34091710
>Enjoying your 300rpm AR
>after a mag or three it starts to get hot
>ATF jumps out of nearby bushes and arrests you for owning a 400rpm machine gun
>>
>>34107222
Explain how the gun being got would increase rpm. I'm not trolling, I truly don't understand.
>>
>>34091390

>melanin enriched gentleman breaks into home
>heads towards television to distribute the wealth to poor, oppressed minorities
>steps on tripwire
>flare goes up
>SHEEEIIIT.jpg
>from across the hall, he hears "Charlie inside the wire!
>Would be reparations distributor looks down, is suddenly wearing black pajamas and a coolie hat
>looks up, then shredded by 7.62 rounds
>with his last dying moments, he spots a pasty neckbeard wearing an M1 helmet and flak jacket as CCR is heard playing in background
>"Welcome to the rice fields, mother fucker.
>>
>>34106982
Really? I'm taking about pre-86 machine guns, unless you're talking about the same. I need to check, I'm out of the loop. If that's the case, time to save up.

Oh wait I can't because in Iowa we can't own machine guns :(
>>
>>34107281
Yeah pre 86.

Now if we are talking ar15 mgs and others they are well over 25k even for a rll.
Again those are the cheapest autos you can get right now. Ruger mini14 fa is like 6-8kish. But yeah for the cost of a used car you can get a full retard gun. Not something super cool like an m60, m16 or something tho.
>>
>>34091357
For regular folk there is little need beyond wasting ammo or deafening you faster in a HD situation.
>>
>>34107325
>need

But it's fun as fuck...

Plus muh
>shall not be
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.