[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any success getting a gun-shy girlfriend over her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: 1445141351641.gif (710KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1445141351641.gif
710KB, 500x363px
Anyone have any success getting a gun-shy girlfriend over her fear of firearms? Went shooting today and she had a negative experience, so now she's even more timid about shooting than before. She says she wants to "git gud" so there is some desire there.
>>
File: IMG_2707.jpg (43KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2707.jpg
43KB, 400x300px
>>
No trigger pull, no vagina full
Tell her you expect a trigger click or she'll go without the dick
>>
>>34090885
What was she shooting?
>>
>>34090903
A glock 42, I tried to get her to try the p30sk but she was too afraid.
>>
>>34090903
this. always start with the softest shooting thing you got, usually a 22lr, then work your way up. most retards like to give girls magnum revolvers, shotguns and >30cal rifles to first timers because they think it's funny.
>>
File: 1485865172590.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485865172590.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>34090885
>Anyone have any success getting a girlfriend
>>
>>34090924
Yeah I'm wishing I had something in 22, really the G42 is the softest thing I have. I'm really just wondering if anyone has been able to help someone get over their fear and any tips for that
>>
>>34090924
This, took the wife to try out a CZ452, then when we were in the states she tried a ruger 22/45, from then on she was fine trying an AR-15 and 1911.
>>
>>34090885
have them use a .22 rifle
>>
You should've let her shoot a .22

Even if you don't have one. BUY one for her to shoot. Obviously, keep it for yourself get a 10/22 they're cheap and fun.

Girls who have never shot a gun will NEVER have a good time if you start them off on anything beyond .22

.22 is literally step one. Unavoidable step.

Doesn't matter how "weak" the round is even a 5.56 will scare the shit out of them. It's gotta be a .22

Once they're wasted a brick or two of .22, slap her ass and take her home and she'll be happy for days about it. It plants the seed and after a couple weeks she'll say "Anon, can we go shooting again?"

That's when you try to get her to step up to a .223 or something better.
>>
Guess I'm getting a 22 then. But also, like when it comes to instructing her should I be kinda chill and let her get a feel for it on her own, or should I be cracking down on her form and pointing out mistakes?
>>
>>34090962
Using a little gun like the G42 you really need to make sure she nails down proper grip, I'm assuming it was the snappiness she didn't like. A girl I introduced to shooting a while back hated my Shield but loved the full size M&P9.
>>
>>34091065

Make sure she isn't doing anything unsafe and give her basic safety and operating instructions but don't ride her ass.

If she isn't holding the gun right or chicken winging a .22 it doesn't matter and all it does it make her feel like she isn't doing it right and she isn't good at it and she'll be discouraged and not want to shoot if you're hounding her on stance.

Best yet give her a chair and a table and a rest. There isn't any real way for her to fuck it up and she can shoot cans until she's bored that way and be happy as a clam.
>>
>>34091065
I do a little demonstration on basic gun operation and grip/posture before handing it off and let them do their thing, I'll only butt in for corrections if they are visibly struggling with something.
>>
>>34090885
yes.
start .22
and/or 20 ga
give them hearing protection
bring beer and whatever bitch drink she likes and you can tolerate
profit.
>>
Last advice:

Give her ear pro. We both know .22 don't make shit for sound but to a scared woman .22 is as loud as a 12GA so just give her ear pro anyway. It puts them at ease.

I can bet money that if a girl shoots a .22 for her first time she'll say "it's loud" everyone
>>
>>34090885

Yeah, just like anal, it took me some time for her to get used to it, now she loves it.
>>
>>34091088
Good idea with having her do some bench shooting, the place we went everything was standing and offhand which really amplified the negative effects of her poor grip. Thats really her problem is she's so scared of the bang she barely holds onto the darn thing. Ive been giving her light instruction and guidance when she needs it with the hopes of her getting used to the gun going off before moving onto more specific intructions, but so far it seems to be hurting more than helping.
>>
>>34091152
>she's so scared of the bang she barely holds onto the darn thing
ha. I had to deal with that. it basically ended up that i held her hand tight to the .22 she was shooting and she finally noticed the bang isn't so bad.
>>
>>34090957
Shave your neckbeard off, get some hobbies other than guns then download tinder find some sluts, take em out for a reasonably priced dinner and drinks. Bang the pussy, get self confidence, date better women and keep working your way up. It's really not that hard anon unless you live in buttfuck nowhere.

This assumes you don't live with your parents and that you have a car.
>>
>>34090885
one of the last bits of advice my father gave me before he died was to never force anything(this was in reference to car maintenance, but still applicable here).
i onetime had a girlfriend that never drove a car, and i made it my mission to teach her how(very insistently no less). well after many unsuccessful tries it finally dawned on me that anyone that reluctant to try has no fuggin' business on the road anyway.
maybe she should just be a non shooting supporter of the second amendment instead.
>>
Shooting can be the best date they've ever had or the worst.

As long as they're receptive to going in the first place they'll have a great time if you don't handle it like a prick. The best is going out to public or private land to shoot where it's just the two of you, shooting ranges with strangers scare them.

.22's are a must. Bench shooting is preferred. Light instruction and just let them shoot until they're sick of it. If you did it right they'll get a taste of it and will want more. The power of a gun and all that, it's sexy to them even if it's just a .22

The bad dates are the ones where some dude bro brings their girl friend to the range and gives them a 12GA and laughs when she shrieks and almost drops it and she's scared shitless of guns because they're loud and scary to the point she'll never want to do it again. Women are delicate so even small firearms like .223 will spook them so it's always best to start small and ease them into it.

You can -offer- to let them shoot your handgun but if they're scared don't force them and if they accept you can even Patrick Sweezy it like in Ghost, hold them from behind and all that. Handguns are really scary and difficult to new shooters.
>>
>>34091163
Heh maybe that's what I'll have to end up doing, literally holding her hands tight to the gun. I'm confident once she can get over that hurdle she'll be fine, trouble is getting her over it. I think I'll also be getting a 22 for her
>>
>>34090914
Heh, I can understand.
I've been happily shooting rifles and shotguns for years but I shot a handgun for the first time of my life today and despite being glad having tried it I frankly didn't really enjoyed it at all.
>>
>>34091220

My exes have told me that was something they liked about it. The Patrick Sweezy effect is a real thing. Holding their hands and shit is manly I guess.
>>
>>34091196
That thought has crossed my mind as well. And I'd be cool with it if she said "guns are cool and all but not for me" idk, maybe I'll take her again with a 22 and if that doesnt pan out then so be it
>>
>>34091239
>I frankly didn't really enjoy it at all.*
>tfw brain fart
>>
>>34091220
>>34091239
only """""problem""""" with it is that we may or may not have taken a "break" thereafter
>>
>>34091199
You're dead on about strangers being scary to new shooters. Thats actually what made her have such a bad time today. We were off to side of the firing line and I was trying to show her how to get a more secure grip on the pistol and some guy thought she was pointing the gun at him. She wasnt, though I can understand the guy's point. Anyways getting called out like that embarrassed her and so we left
>>
>>34090914
>>34090924
Agreed, by starting her on .22LR it will get her used to shooting and firearms handling whilst at the same time offering very very little (not to mention controllable) recoil and very little noise.
I had been shooting .308win and .303 British for a good few months before I got to try a black powder revolver (Britbong - no funs 5 me). Out of everything I shot the pistol made me the most nervous before I shot it. After I shot it once I loved it but still. For a new shooter I can understand her slight apprehension.
>>
>>34090885
What was the negative experience? Greentext that shit nigga
>>
>>34090900
I'd wake up with a gun in my face and my pants down if I tried that with my gf
>>
>>34091899
then you clearly don't have a gunshy gf dummy
>>
File: 196b78db4n0qhjpg.jpg (86KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
196b78db4n0qhjpg.jpg
86KB, 800x536px
>>34090885
>>34090914
You dumbass. Yah fucked up. I took my gf for her first time shooting this weekend. Here's what I did.
>Rented a .22, brought my CZ75SP01 and G26
>Taught her the basic rules of gun safety, shooting stances, how to hold a gun, etc.
>Taught her to load the .22 and shoot it
>She enjoyed that so I moved her up to the full metal, full sized CZ in 9mm
>She enjoyed that so I let her shoot the G26
>Complained it was more snappy than the CZ and the .22 but still enjoyed
>Says she got an enormous adrenaline rush, was grinning the entire time, had fantastic sex when we got back, and now she wants to go shooting again ASAP! Says she'll even throw down money for ammo if it means we can stay longer.

DO THIS.
>>
>>34090885
>Anyone have any success getting a [...] girlfriend
Lol
>>
>>34091888
Not exciting enough to greentext, see >>34091271
>>
>>34091937
This

Start with .22lr, it's like anal anon. There are some girls who start with 45-70 govt and love it, but sometimes you gotta start small.
>>
>>34090885
>handing your antigun gf a Nugget as her first trip to the range
>>
>>34090885
You're trying to get a female into something that's inherently masculine. That would be like her trying to get you to like getting your nails done.
>>
>>34090957
>tfw standards are too high
God forbid I should ever see a girl with no ink or piercings and wouldn't need more than one hand to count her number of sexual partners
>>
>>34091271
So some retard, probably from around here, REEE'd at your GF and fucked everything up.

Great.
>>
>>34090885
Start with a .22lr like a 10/22. Quiet report, no recoil, tons of fun to shoot. It will keep her from developing a flinch and gives a great foundation for learning fundamentals.
>>
Trap girlfriend is superior in every respect, including no phobia of firearms. Vagoo girlfriend BTFO
>>
File: IMG_9395.jpg (20KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9395.jpg
20KB, 180x200px
>>34092422
Plz go back to b
>>
>>34092422
No, you're just a giant faggot
>>
File: 1466629739220.jpg (10KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1466629739220.jpg
10KB, 251x242px
>>34092422
> anal sex between one mentally ill homosexual man, and one homosexual man in extreme denial is superior in every aspect

thank god trans/traps/LGBTQ++ have not only higher AIDS rates, but also extremely high suicide rates.
>>
>>34092399
Basically yeah. Awesome isn't it?
>>
>>34092432
>>34092447
>>34092450
You cucks are just mad because your g/f is going to make you give up your guns to get pucci while I'm out operating operationally with mine and then tapping that sweet boipucci when we get home.
>>
>>34092476
> with mine

You don't have a girlfriend.
There's "girl" in girlfriend.
You're fucking a man. He was born a man, will always be one. He has a penis. You're mentally ill.
>>
>>34090885
taught waifu 4 rules, basic marksmanship with rifle/handgun also how to breakdown and clean components.

but she prefers her Red Ryder BB gun over everything else. She's possibly the best natural shot I've ever met. Darts, pool, skee-ball - anything involving eye-hand coordination, she's amazing.

nearly every weekend, we go plinking in the backyard - bb/pellet rifle (Red Ryder, Gamo Shadow, Crosman 760), and when I can find it, subsonic .22 through a 96/22, but she really doesn't enjoy the stuff up the foodchain.
>>
>>34091065
Step one is letting her get comfortable shooting. Correct any safety issues immediately, albeit gently.
Step two is to improve skill once she's comfortable handling the firearm.
>>
File: IMG_1241.jpg (78KB, 576x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1241.jpg
78KB, 576x600px
>>34092489
The dick only makes it better.
>>
>>34092422
You're still a faggot.
>>
>>34090885
Start with a .22 my GF is an art major from San Fransico state anti as fuck till she met me.

She loves her .22 and even likes to shoot Mosins and my Enfield

Pro tip go to an outdoor range way better on the concussion side of things.

good luck OP
>>
>>34091110
Reminds me of my first trip to an indoor range with a new female shooter. Some fudd pulled out a 1911 and she jumped every shot. Then she tried my .40 compact and decided 380 was her limit. Good earpro is solid advice.
>>
>>34090885

3+" revolver in 357 preferably with hogue grips
Start out on the classic 38 158gr loads and work your way up to the .357 125gr loads
>>
>>34092422
>tfw no /k/ bf to shoot guns with
why live?
>>
>>34092422
Traps are for faggots, shemales are fine though and better than women.
>>
>>34090885
My magnum revolver is like 2.5x heavier than my bro's snubnose and his GF said it was scary after she held it. They will get over it if they run out of excuses.
>>
File: IMG_20170528_223954.jpg (265KB, 1080x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_223954.jpg
265KB, 1080x1600px
>>34090924
Listen to this dude. Took my anti gun girlfriend out shooting as immediately as possible and let her shoot off a 22 pistol and she loved it. The only time she was unhappy during the trip was when I went to shoot off a Mossberg shotty and her pistol jammed and she couldn't undo it. I cleared the jam and she went right back to having fun. Range sold carnival target posters which was cool to shoot at. With that experience and lots of pro gun info she's now very open to having lots of funs in the house.
>>
>>34090885
Yeah, I did it. Gf (now wife) grew up in shitty, high-crime environment and the only guns she was exposed to were being waved around by morons on drugs and/or with serious anger and impulse control issues. She had a general dislike of them because of that. Went shooting a few times with me and my friends, saw how responsible gun owners treat guns and was eventually reassured.

It helped that she discovered she was a better shot than me with no training at all. I don't know how.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.