[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a better modern service rifle than this? >inb4 newfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 42

File: L85a2.jpg (358KB, 1536x1139px) Image search: [Google]
L85a2.jpg
358KB, 1536x1139px
Is there a better modern service rifle than this?

>inb4 newfags conflate the A1's problems with the A2
>>
File: IMG_2419.jpg (50KB, 498x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2419.jpg
50KB, 498x295px
Yes, New Zealand's new service rifle. Pretty much a high end AR, and I don't think you can do any better then that nowadays.
>>
File: HK416.jpg (244KB, 2143x834px) Image search: [Google]
HK416.jpg
244KB, 2143x834px
>>
>>34090367
Opinion denied.

Less accurate + less compact.

Nice try, kid.
>>
>no way for lefties to shoot it
>heavy as fuck
This is bait
>>
File: IMG_1469.jpg (29KB, 510x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1469.jpg
29KB, 510x255px
>modern

Rifle is fine
>>
About every other modern rifle is still better than the L85.
>>
>>34090407
>no way for lefties to shoot it
Lefties are subhuman

>heavy as fuck
It's designed for Europeans who are strong enough to lift it, not lard-ass Amerifats who expend all their energy heaving their fat flaps

>>34090435
Not an argument, opinion discarded
>>
>>34090439
Hey buddy, how's about you join the army and report back to us after you've lugged about the thing for 4 years,
>>
>>34090439
>europeeons
>strong

Holy kek

If you hate murica so much why don't you post your firearms you no guns cuck?
>>
Even with its shit trigger, the tavor is a better bullpup than this.
>>
>>34090418
>Xm177e2
>1k

Mah nigguh
>>
>>34090459
>supporting kikes and the kike conspiracy

Opinion discarded consider suicide
>>
>>34090407
I'm left handed and despite going through training on the SLR, we were taught to shoot right handed. Same story for those who had learned on the SMLE, or for Sterling/Sten drills.
>>
File: 1493480864659.jpg (138KB, 807x861px) Image search: [Google]
1493480864659.jpg
138KB, 807x861px
>>34090339
>made a carrier thread
>it bombed because everyone knew it was bait
>made a Challenger 2 thread
>it also bombed because it was a bait thread
>now making an L85 thread

Are you craving for (you)'s or are just that retarded. It's obvious you're not a fucking bong
>>
>>34090453
Having actually used the rifle for 6 years, the weight isn't a problem

go2gym lift weights. obviously you won't be able to carry something heavy for a long period of time when you have noodle arms
>>
>>34090501
Something tells me you weren't in the military, nigga anything gets heavy after a 20 mile ruck. Having a lighter rifle just means you can go further.
>>
>>34090339

How many threads are you going to make? It's only becoming more obvious every time about you trying to reverse bait the Brits.
>>
>>34090339
Fuck off Britfag, even the M16a1 is better than that piece of trash.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142KB, 1576x1182px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142KB, 1576x1182px
>>
fire selector, bolt catch and mag release are in awful locations.
>>
>>34090526
Something tells me you're a manlet with weak arms.

tabbing 25-30 miles in full kit with a sa80 isn't an issue, and only short fella's actually have a problem with it.

Course it wouldn't hurt if the SA80 was lighter, but it isn't an issue regardless. Not to mention, it's only just lighter than the SLR. Which had been in service for 30~ years. Old squaddies loved the SLR and also thought the weight was a non-issue.

Then again I was a gpmg gunner for 4 years before I moved to the SA80, so it could be my mind playing tricks
>>
File: IMG_2730.jpg (16KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2730.jpg
16KB, 185x273px
>>34090575
Your not even making this convincing.
>>
File: IMG_2324.jpg (103KB, 696x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2324.jpg
103KB, 696x400px
>>34090339
>>
>>34090481
There it is. I figured out who's behind this post.
>>
File: exo brecons.jpg (179KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
exo brecons.jpg
179KB, 720x960px
>>34090586
Believe it or not mate, you've never seen one with your own eyes, let alone use one for an extended peroid.

It's not your fault you lost the height lottery anon. If you live in any commonwealth nation, you'll be able to join the army and find out for yourself and make your own opinions of the rifle.
>>
>>34090339
>Gun heavier than the rifle it was meant to replaced
>No ambidextrous controls unlike every other fucking bullpup in existence

The A2 versions is a fine rifle I guess, just the AR platform is miles better.
>>
>>34090627
>>Gun heavier than the rifle it was meant to replaced

this is wrong though
>>
>>34090621
What was your platoon?
>>
>>34090453
> served in this army for 12 years using this weapon lugged it around for what is definitely hundreds of miles, perhaps even thousands.

Its fucking light as shit because of its balance, about 2 thirds of its mass is in your shoulder with the remainder in your hands.

If you don't want it in your shoulder then you can cradle it in the elbow.

Its a far better rifle for foot patrol than the L119 and L129

>>34090526
20 miles is kinda light, we used to do have to do do 25 as the crow flies, up a mountain shooting blanks at each other all day in a combat load that weighs at least 75 lbs, we'd do that for up to a week exercise

>>34090527
>>34090495
Not him but i sympathise, literally the same old threads bashing this, ramps and CR2 by idiots who blatantly know nothing

Its has the probability those russian / south american / random other pricks who try to drive the wedge by pretending to be British.
>>
>>34090376
>british selected kit
>worth a fuck

choose one.
>>
>>34090376
>Less accurate
>Than a bullpup
The fuck you smoking and where can I get some?
>>
>>34090571
Gets fucky hot in bad places, too.
>>
>>34090642
Arnham 01/11 intake
>>
>>34090339
>When the FAMAS is somehow a better rifle than what you use.

m8 pls. The l85a2 is shit. The only people that love it are brits who have never used any other gun in their life. Even your SAS opt for AR rifles.

But there's also the fact that no new A2's are being made, period. It's all the same junk that is now what, 30 years old? Britain is going to have to replace it and soon.
>>
>>34090645
Thanks for explaining shit instead of being a cunt like OP, I was in the NZ army for 6 years, never did anything more then 30 miles after basic. Still I think I'd prefer to carry an aug.
>>
>>34090651
>the barrel looks shorter so it must be shorter!

Retard. Bullpups have longer barrels, they're just hidden from view because the stock is actually used for something instead of wasted space and length
>>
>an intermediate caliber rifle that is heavier than some battle rifles
>>
>>34090722
>longer barrel equals accuracy
Hello noguns
>>
>>34090339
>it's another Ameriboo seeks attention thread

Have a you, Ameriboo.
>>
>>34090651
He is correct though, the shorter a rifle is the more reduction in human error through reduced sway.

the 20 inch barrel means you can easily hit 400m figure 11s at 400m with irons, 600m with optic, out in afinasand guys with 86's were putting on harassing fire at a kilometre and easily hit guys at 800, but at those ranges 556 is like an air rifle.

>>34090682
>brits who have never used any other gun in their life
The only rifles in NATO i haven't shot are the croatian VHS & f2000.

>Even your SAS opt for AR rifles
For plausible deniability, even CP MPs, int corps use it to keep low profiles to pass off as PMCs/ Private security.
The thing you'll find about the L119s is that the ones the SAS use are completely sterile. They've beein doing this since the 60s back when the regular army was armed with SLRs, the SAS was using m16s

> But there's also the fact that no new A2's are being made, period. It's all the same junk that is now what, 30 years old? Britain is going to have to replace it and soon.
Not true, H&K still manufacture all the parts as replacements and still refurb them every so often.

>>34090684
Welcome mate, AUG is a good rifle, but not particularly accurate because of the QC barrel, that whole two stage trigger must be weird to use though.

>>34090734
Longer barrels helps accuracy at greater range, as the rounds have a longer barrel length to build up velocity.
>>
>>34090734
I have a physics degree, hello redneck fucktard who think's he's a gun expert because he fired his shotgun at a tree
>>
>>34090755
Yea the triggers a bit strange but you get used to it within an afternoon. I just hate the spongy feel of it.
>>
File: elle navy seals.png (577KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
elle navy seals.png
577KB, 1920x1080px
>>34090339
>>
>>34090797

It's a service rifle trigger - they aren't meant to be perfect, but serviceable. Personally I quite like it but then I like most two-stage triggers.

Though I get a distinct feeling OP is a UK Army Cadet. Because these threads are shitty and annoying and so are Cadets.
>>
>>34090734
>>34090755
A longer barrel doesn't compensate for a less accurate system.
>>
>>34090339
I know this whole thread is basically bait and I have an unreasonable love for the L85, I always thought it looked really cool and bullpups are neat af.

Calling it the best however, not really. Only reason being the gun is heavy as shit. It's pretty much the main reason Bong soldiers don't like it nowadays.
>>
>>34090763
Lol yeah I bet you do.
Either way you're retarded.

Longer barrels means the vibrations at the end of the barrel will be more pronounced and means your circle of fire will be larger than if you had used a shorter barrel.
Oh and bullet stabilization happens at a couple of inches and 10 inches is definitely enough.
>>
anything is better than an l85
>>
>>34090551
Å¡ta ima Janez?
>>
File: 1467734653002.png (168KB, 887x607px) Image search: [Google]
1467734653002.png
168KB, 887x607px
>>34090355
God damn it winnie. I would vote for him in a heartbeat if he wasnt such a baby boomer enabler. But their self/home defence ideas make me moist

Also NZs new service rifle is NOICE
>>
bong reporting in.

We should have got m4 for a quarter of the price, the US was more than happy to sell them to us. The only reason we diddent is 'much British engineering' that we fucked in the first place and had to beg the Germans to fix it.

It's getting old now. We need a new rifle.

Also the trigger pull is for shit.
>>
>>34090339
Any AR-15 , Lighter , easier to reload , easier to clear malfunctions, The only plus of a bullpup is a longer barrel
>>
>>34091773
I believe they were considering purchasing a new rifle after the Fiasco with the A1 came to light, however i believe the Government had sunk too much money into the project and it was more cost effective for HK to re-engineer some of the Rifles rather than buy whole new ones
>>
>>34091773
>We should have got m4 for a quarter of the price, the US was more than happy to sell them to us

The M4 was not adopted by the US until 1994. The SA80 had been in service for years by that point and most of the production had been done. Your dates do not add up. The Germans were not "begged" to fix it - HK was under British ownership and they were contracted to make the improvements to make the A2 weapon, so it was a case of them doing what they were told by their bosses.

Interestingly, the UK did adopt the AR pattern rifle prior to the US military - way back in 1961. These were used for Borneo tours - first among the patrol coys of each battalion and then issued battalion wide, and kept on the books throughout the 20th century.
>>
>>34091773
>>34091824
To add, the M4 would not have been a quarter of the price. The unit cost of an SA80 started at £250 and ended up at £400 with the introduction of the A2.

Our learned cadet friend is shitting up the board, again.
>>
>>34090650

DESU, modern British firearms were literally some of the best until the L85 program.

FAL, Sterlings, Hi-Powers, Webleys, Vickers, SMLEs, Brens were the tits until lol let's not pay Sterling for the AR-18 old chap.
>>
File: IMG_1235.jpg (282KB, 1024x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1235.jpg
282KB, 1024x532px
>>34090339
Having compared both side by side, the A2 is fuckheavy for what you get and ugly. Still cool, but a C7 or C8 is better in every way.
>>
Dead simple this one.

I was trained on the SA80 A1, then got the A2 which was vastly superior.

In Iraq on Telic X, we had several weeks of training and using the M16 which was just, I'll be honest, shit.

It was lighter, yes, but the cocking handle is just bollocks, and its accuracy isn't as good as the SA80, and that came from both my own observations when using it, and our qualified sharpshooters who know their stuff.

The only read advantage was the weight. Compared to the SA80, the M16 is a feather, but other than that, we didn't rate it at all.

The A2 is the dogs balls. The only time I really experienced any jams was when we were issued a bad batch of ammo in South Africa, and all the failings of the A1 had been rectified.

It was just a bitch to clean as it's a fairly complicated design.
>>
>>34091970

Yea

literally the only thing the A2 did well was the handguards and large aperture

everything else was durr marines shoot at the range faggotry
>>
>>34090355
>New Zealand's new service rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWKERSAnUUA
>>
>>34091988
I carried an M4A1 on 2/3 deployments, and nothing about the SA80 during a foreign weapons shoot with some Brits impressed me.

Heavy, bad balance, gets stupid hot in places you grab naturally, and the SUSAT is terrible compared to an ACOG.
>>
>>34091988
I preferred the balance on the AR weapons. I found it easier to move around with than the SLR; a better patrolling weapon, much smoother trigger and a better design. That was a very early Colt version, they came in big cardboard boxes with red rubber caps.

The only genuinely poor weapon I have used has been a Spanish G3 clone which was dire.
>>
>>34091164
>Longer barrels means the vibrations at the end of the barrel will be more pronounced

It's not vibration, it's barrel flex, and a mismatched barrel, regardless of length, will be less accurate than a barrel length properly matched to the round.

A longer barrel that is matched properly to the round will be more accurate than a shorter barrel that is mismatched every single time.
>>
>>34091967
>FAL
>British
ok bud
>>
>>34091988

I've also used the A1, A2 and the C8 when I did a short exchange with the Canadians.

A1 I thankfully only touched in the first few months of my career - got A2s within weeks of me joining my Bn, but using the A1s in Phase 1 & 2 was a fucking pain. Utterly, utterly useless piece of shit. A2 was a whole new world. Honestly loved mine.

C8 was cool, and you could possibly argue that the ergos are slightly better and it's definately lighter, but I didn't like it, purely because the SA80 was what I was used to. I think that's where a lot of the conflict happens - people used to one weapon don't adapt amazingly well when introduced to a very different weapon in terms of ergs.

As a service rifle, it does very well indeed. Left before the new Specter sights came in, but with the UOR hand guards and the ACOGs they were a truly lovely weapon.
>>
>>34090376
Sauce that claim.
>>
>>34092099
If you were around for the A1/A2 switch then I don't see how you would have seen much of a difference. The late A1s were functionally, particularly in terms of their operating procedures, identical to the A2. You would have seen more of a jump if you had been around for the absolute original then the A1.

No doubt that the A2 was a vast improvement but I can't see how you would have noticed, particularly as a soldier in training. When was this? I genuinely didn't know we had such a thing as Phase 1 and 2 when the A1 was scrapped.
>>
The XL60 was better looking.
>>
>>34090755
>but not particularly accurate because of the QC barrel

You do know you can change out the barrels on the thing, right? 20 inches I think is standard on the AUG, but not sure.

Anyhow, I would put more blame on the telescopic scope. It's effective to 300 meters, but then you gotta start doing guess work after that.
>>
>>34092127

I don't think it helped that the weapons we had through Phase 1 especially were absolutely knackered, and of course hadn't been maintained especially well, being handled by recruits and all. The buttplate fell off my weapon during my first night in the field, had to go and find it to prove to the armourer that I hadn't just lost it.

Main thing I found where the A2 had a major jump on the A1 was the cutout in the Barrel Extension locking spines which gave the rounds plenty of space to be pulled out of the chamber and ejected. Markedly cut down on obstruction stoppages, as did the newly re-shaped cocking handle (which was also more comfy to use, in my opinion). Extractor helped with that too.

I didn't see much in the way of improvements in regards to heavy field use (ie, heavy fouling of the gas parts) but a nice touch was ensuring the Gas Plug nipple wouldn't engage into the Gas Block if it was inserted in 12 or 6 O'clock positions. Always a fun one to watch a fellow recruit walk up to the DS with the body in one hand and gas parts in another...

Apart from that, general fit and finish just felt better. Felt like a more competent weapon. Was way more confident in it.

New magazines made a huge difference too. Wouldn't deform when going prone - which I was told was a huge issue when chest rigs were the ally thing to have.
>>
>heavy
>designed by people who never designed guns before
>ugly
>british
>bullpup
everything about this rifle screams garbage
>>
>>34092032
> a weapon i just picked up and used once is nowhere near as nice as the once I have trained on for years and have the muscle memory for

Really activates those almonds
>>
>>34092347
So basically it's shit by cod-kiddy standards

Even when in terms of on-paper performance, it out-performs the rest
>>
>>34093163
Hes a yank, they arent exactly known for making coherent arguments mate
>>
>>34092972
I had fun the the Sterlings, MP5, and HK53. That brick just has terrible ergos, balance, heat management, and a shit scope.

I'm sorry you have Stockholm Syndrome with your shitty rifle.
>>
>>34093249
> terrible ergos
Wow, someone whose never used a bullpup before isnt as fluid as with an AR platform. Hold the presses.
> balance
Is actually a lot better than other rifles that can be more front heavy if you whack shit on it, SA80 is absolutely fine to carry and sits in the shoulder nicely if you have any sort of muscular control in your body/arent a weak manlet.
> heat management
The banghole no good to grab, Dumdum.
> scope
Ill give you that one, SUSAT is heavy as fuck, but you could probably knock someone out from a 50 metres with a good throw and it would still work after. Plus we have LCANs now.
>>
>>34093312
>Wow, someone whose never used a bullpup before isnt as fluid as with an AR platform. Hold the presses.
No, it's just got all the controls fucking wrong, form factor be damned.

>Is actually a lot better than other rifles that can be more front heavy if you whack shit on it, SA80 is absolutely fine to carry and sits in the shoulder nicely if you have any sort of muscular control in your body/arent a weak manlet.
11 Pounds. With just optics and sight. The FAMAS and AUG are around 9, and the M4 a mere 7.5.
And I regularly one-man lifted 300lbs UPSs around at the time. It wasn't that it was heavy, it was balanced fucking awkward. Hell, the Tavor isn't that awkward.

>The banghole no good to grab, Dumdum.
You mean spots on the receiver that shouldn't get hot, dipshit.
>>
>>34090339
The issue with the L85 is that they are really old. The A2 was just a retrofit instead of a new gun but they ended up going over budget and paying just as much as they would have for new guns. Now that they are approaching the end of their projected service life they are planning to retrofit these now 30+ year old rifles again. They'll probably overpay again. At this point they may as well just take the opportunity to ditch the bullpup meme and buy the C8.
>>
>>34093500
> all the controls wrong
We dont feel the need to go switching in and out of full giggle whenever we fancy throwing more lead downrange. Safety is fine, bolt holdopen takes a bit of muscle memory but nothing ridiculous.
> the weight waaah
Like I said, its fine unless your a manlet, if you didnt want to carry shit around all day you shouldnt have joined up. Your muscles acclimatise to carrying an M4, ours acclimatise to carrying an L85, thus producing the same effect. I already said the SUSAT is shit, we already have a replacement. Carry on
> spots in the reciever get hot
Thats why theres a cheekpad, so you dont rub your face all over the reciever. Also yes, guns get hot when fired repeatedly.
>>
>>34091967
The EM-2 was probably a better rifle than the L85.
>>
>tfw no civilian semi-auto FAMAS or L85A2

I know the frenchies imported a small number of semi auto FAMAS rifles in the US, but I'm talking about new production.

I want all the service rifles.
>>
>>34092071
He pretty clearly means firearms that the Brits issued, anon.
>>
File: 1489450535740.jpg (24KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1489450535740.jpg
24KB, 750x573px
>>34093616
>the FAMAS rifles the French will replace will probably go to Africa rather than be converted to semi and imported to US
>>
>>34093584
>All these excuses and trying to pass off faults as normal
>>
>>34093628
Well, Brit FALs were built with Imperial measure and are basically incompatible with FN models.
>>
>>34093650
>used to kill niggers
>somehow worse than sitting in an autist's closet
>>
>>34093701
That is terribly racist and you are a bad person. To be fair though I laughed so I guess I am too.
>>
File: IMG_3241.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3241.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
A4 Is a fine rifle.
>>
>>34093701
It must be terrible going through life being this way.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 640x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 640x608px
>>34093728
Maga hats are gay
>>
>>34090501
>lugging the rifle to and from the range/ during training wasnt hard

How about you actually deploy on a combat mission eurotrash?
>>
>>34092047
>Spanish G3 clone
Anon, the CETME IS a G3. The G3A3/A4 adopted by the Germans is essentially more refined licensed CETME B. Both the Spanish and the German government codeveloped the CETME, which thr Germans had the rights to make their own version
>>
>>34091967
The FAL and hi-power are excellent. Everything else is mediocre. And those two were made by FN, not the British.
>>
>>34090376

>less accurate
>less compact

it's no shorter than most non-bullpups m8
>>
>>34090755
The improved ballistics of a longer barrel means fuck-all if your shitty bullpup is a 4 MOA gun.
>>
>>34093584
>it's ok that our rifle is unreasonably heavy for no performance advantage! It's not like modern soldiers are already overloaded with gear that causes serious strain on their bodies :^)
>>
File: 3a81CbV.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
3a81CbV.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>34093728
>feeding an AR15 steel cased ammo
>>
File: toolpost grinder.jpg (97KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
toolpost grinder.jpg
97KB, 800x580px
>>34093177
>>34093163
>on paper it outperforms

it outperforms fucking what?

An AR brand AR-15 is going to last longer, likely be more resistant to dirt, and have better accuracy.
>>
>>34090339
Other than a current AR variant?

Ask your own SF..

The L85A2 is interesting, but it's not "better". Just less broken.
>>
>>34090355
i'm sure it'll be getting a lot of use
>>
File: Mystery_Switch.jpg (140KB, 1458x652px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery_Switch.jpg
140KB, 1458x652px
>>34090339
Think to yourself yourself; what does this switch do?

Then ask us the original question again.
>>
>>34092071
FAL was developed to a british requirement using the .280
L1A1 was actually developed before the FAL

>>34092176
Yeah but i've found that QC barrels tend to wobble

>>34093584
>SUSAT is shit
Mate i saw one dropped off a jackal doing 70 down an MSR that shit had a huge dent in it but worked fine, i only ever seen one smashed when it was shot in a blue on blue during a live fire exercise in Nevada.

>>34093942
39/50 at 300m with irons is easy as shite. its easy as fuck to qualify for marksman with 45/50
>>
>>34095357
SAS use sterile C8s to keep plausable debiability a thing.
Even CP MPs and INT Corps use C8s to keep a low profile and pass themselves off as PMCs & private security.
>>
>Britian
>>
>>34090339
>literally FAMAS tier shit

Even China adopted better bullpup service rifle than you Brits.
>>
>>34096216
I thought it was due to the C8SFW's heavier barrel and/or the SA80's dependence on British higher-than-normal-loadings of 556?

The latter is why the royal marines tasked with guarding nuke subs use C8s.
>>
>>34095357
UKSF use L85s to blend in with conventional forces when needed, the reason they use a C8 out of choice is they dont want to have to take a hand off the weapon to put it on full giggle, and theres more options for mounting gucci optics. Thats about it.
>>
>>34096365
yeah, fleet protection took the C8 CQB so they could fire special rounds that are less likely to hit shit and accidentally blow up a vessel during a boarding action.

Another reason is that its ambi unlike the l22
>>
>>34090453
I was surprised to hear from a retired royal marine I know who had to use the thing and its 86 variant in Afghan that he loved it with no complaints and it did a good job putting haji's down 600+m away
>>
>>34096379
>C8
nobody not even candaians (because they don't fight or train (that would let their enemies win)) use a fucking c8. UKSF and RMPs use the HK417
>>
>>34096443
Do you have any proof whatsoever of that..? 22 SAS may have acquired something new but the vast majority of UKSF uses the Diemaco.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-29-10-13-13.png (276KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-29-10-13-13.png
276KB, 720x1280px
>>34096443
>>
File: cpmp.jpg (237KB, 945x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cpmp.jpg
237KB, 945x1024px
>>34096443
>UKSF and RMPs use the HK417
False.
RMP CPs & int corps use L119a1s (pictured) and SFSG & them use L119a2 (as seen in post >>34096476)

The 417 was a limited issue for troop trials and lost out to the l129, SFSG, int corps, and MP CPs use the L100 (g3a4K)
>>
>>34090339
Literally any service rifle in service
>>
>>34096484
>>34096343
>>34090682
> I literally have read nothing in this thread and cling to misconceptions because i've never used one and never will so i'm butthurt : the thread.
>>
>>34096484
> le 'L85 a shit hurr durr' meme
> ignores all evidence to the contrary in this thread of guys who actually used it for years and were happy with its performance

W E W C H A P
>>
>>34090339
>can't shoot left handed
>bullshit accuracy claims
>heavier than an FAL

Nice try troll
>>
>>34096500
>>34096507
Bongs have no say on what a good gun is. They eat every piece of shit the Queen shits out
>>
File: mq1N9j2.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
mq1N9j2.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>34090339
Daewoos bear your trash gun, noguns britshit. Hell I'd take an M4 over your shit heap.
>>
>>34096512
>heavier than an FAL
Trolle is u. Here a {thou}.
>>
>>34096512
> lefties are a vast minority, easier to teach them to shoot right handed
> plenty of combat reports praising the L85A2s accuracy
> lighter than a FAL, and thats with an optic and full magazine compared to an empty FAL with no optic

You see kiddies, this is what happens when you buy into the memes without ever having used the thing youre memeing about.
>>
File: IMG_2656.png (397KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2656.png
397KB, 600x426px
>>34096518
This, swallow your pride poms. You're just not the engineering geniuses you once were.
>>
>>34096512
>heavier than an FAL
a loaded polymer L1a1 with SUIT sight (13lb) is heavier than an L85, SUSAT, RIS & LLM) (11lb)

>>34096518
Only commies don't like the queen faggot.
>>
>>34096518
> because you dont have a wider variety of implements to shoot each other with you arent allowed to say a gun performs well even if it does because I arbitrarily say so, and im the end all and be all king of 4chan! My opinion matters! I swear! My mommy said it did...hold me

Sad! Many such cases ITT!
>>
>>34096531
> Harrier
> Challenger
> QE class CVN
> Vanguard SSBNs
> Type 45 Destroyers

> your entire nation until you threw a hissy fit

Try again
>>
>>34096537
>defends his nanny state government that only allows you to have real guns when you sign off your ass to it
Pathetic
>>
>>34096545
> i can't construct a coherent debate so i resort to same old slurs
Now thats truly pathetic, more so than your so called dick.
>>
>>34096545
> I have no coherent argument and my petty attempts at insults just highlight how childish and incapable of debate I really am, please, just hold me, Im so so alone...
>>
>>34090439
Limp wristed euros lifting something heavy? Worry about muzzies and afros taking over your continent before talking shit princess.
>>
>>34096557
Deyz not lift evy gun but dey do!
>>
>>34096554
This Shite's fucking weird.
Is this me?
>>
>>34096557
> UK: 93%> white
> US: <58% white
> calling anyone else limp wristed or princess

Hows that lawn coming Pedro?
>>
>>34096543
None of that shit is as impressive as the engineering prowess of the poms back in the day. Also I'm not a yank I'm a kiwi, Fuck your queen.
>>
>>34096563
Nah i was just highlighting the fact that he must be in a pretty dire place if he has to come and shit up a perfectly good discussion with memes and heresay.
>>
File: w2nZplk.jpg (45KB, 802x500px) Image search: [Google]
w2nZplk.jpg
45KB, 802x500px
Normal, usable but expensive shit
not that comfy to shoot (bullpup & weight)

""""Zero"""" market competitiveness both in civilian and government contract
(except for collector's item)
>>
>>34096557
>>Worry about muzzies and afros taking over your continent before talking shit princess.
>pot calling the kettle black

how that's 60% working out for you, Jamel
>>
>>34096571
> kiwi

I hate to shitpost against commonwealth allies but...when was the last time NZ even deployed troops? If so, how did Barry, Steve and Jeff cope with the workload while Pongo and Dave were away?
>>
>>34096547
>>34096554
Mad that the queen doesn't let you have real guns, eh Nigel?
>>
>>34096571
Commie kiwi

please become a republic and become about as relevant as ireland is.
>>
>>34096595
Yes she does, shove off.
>>
>>34096595
> doesnt even know the gun laws of the country whose gun laws hes trying to make fun of

Are all burgers this spasticated or just you?
>>
File: 1491687772730.jpg (13KB, 394x417px) Image search: [Google]
1491687772730.jpg
13KB, 394x417px
>>34096580
>not even the Queen is allowed to shoot a normal gun
Truly a sad display
>>
File: 1495644691214.gif (445KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495644691214.gif
445KB, 400x400px
>>34096595
>have real guns
>can own bolt actions up to .50BMG
>rifles to .22
>any calibre shotgun, both pump and double barrelled
>revolvers of any calibre

meanwhile, in commifornia...
>Possession of automatic firearms, and of short-barreled shotguns and rifles, is prohibited.
>>
>>34096599
>>34096604
Have fun with your semiauto .22s, bolt actions and shotguns
>>
>>34096616
And my tanks, cannons, elephant guns...
>>
>>34096616
https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/steyr-mannlicher-hs-50-m1-multishot-50-bmg
> can legally own and fire a tank gun as its a "single shot rifle".
>>
>>34096616
Not to mention suppressors...
>>
>>34096616
>implying bolt-action rifles aren't more fun than anything else

I bet you drive automatic too, you plebian
>>
>>34096615
What are you trying to say? Even California has better gun laws. You can't own any semiautos larger than .22lr, can't CC, shotguns have mag limits, have to be a member in a club to even be allowed to own guns other than break action shotguns.
>>
>>34096596
Once based Winnie gets in power and nukes Auckland things will be A fucking right. As for Ireland nobody would know they werent located where they are on top of the fact they have the occasional feisty cuffs with you poms.

It's a little hard to be relevant in global politics when some world maps don't even fucking show you.
>>
>>34096571

She's yours too, bruh.

God save her and all who sail in her.
>>
>>34096629
SHES A STUCK UP SLAG WHO ONLY EXIST SO RETARDED YANKS WILL VISIT YOUR DEPRESING FUCKING COUNTRY.
>>
File: 1495815234334.gif (137KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1495815234334.gif
137KB, 340x340px
>>34096625
>Even California has better gun laws.
>>
File: limelaws.jpg (90KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
limelaws.jpg
90KB, 600x900px
>>34096615
>notice how he omits semiautomatic anything that's not a .22
>and revolvers with non-joker tier barrels
I'm not your enemy, my citrusy friend. Honestly, I'm just sad you're defending the sad state of your laws.
you should join us in righteous outrage and work to restore your glorious past.
It's sad to see the british NRA timidly slinking around the issues in order to not seem "too american"
>>
>>34096621
>>34096622
And can't in the US? You can even fire live rounds. I bet you can only fire blanks
>>
>>34096631
Calm down bilbo your country is irrelevant

might as well give your shit nation up to Australia, no one will know the difference
>>
>>34096633
Well, Isn't it right?
commie Euros and subEuro UK don't have freedom
>>
>>34096639
> once again I have no idea what im spewing bollocks about

Sad!
>>
>>34096640
I hate ozas and I hate poms.
>>
>>34096637
>some anon points out a lie
>another anon refutes the point and corrects him
>LOL Y U DEFENDIN DEM SHIT GUN LAWS HOMIE

I'd honestly rather have strict enough gun laws to not have a mass homicide shooting every fortnight like some third world somilia tier "nation"
>>
>>34096645
And your proofs are? There is a guy on FB who restored a stug and had to have the gun deactivated. If it's easy go get a license for a cannon he would have gotten it
>>
>>34096653
people wouldn't know your country existed if it wasn't for Lord of the rings buddy
>>
>>34096653
>new zealand confirmed for best anglo outside of Canada
if you ever want to invade shitpostistan for their strategic kangaroo reserves or whatever we're down to join you
>>
>>34096656
You made the accusation so defend it, instead of just anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>34090435
The INSAS made by TURD is worse, though.
>>
>>34096654
Better to have stabbings and people getting run over, right? Diversity is our strength afterall. Can't let those racists win #standtogether
>>
>>34096663
I don't need to defend my stance on your shitty island nation
>>
>>34096654
>I'd honestly rather have strict enough gun laws
and it finally comes out.
How disgusting.
You people don't even want to improve your station, you actually enjoy your irons.
Bitter and angry too, you gleefully trample a rare olive branch in this hostile thread
It really is too late for your kind
>>
>>34096666
>implying the US is literally any better

you have parts of your country literally infested with degenerates that murders happen daily due to gun crime, stabbings, drive-bys and people being run over.

Again, you're not one to talk.
>>
File: IMG_2714.jpg (27KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2714.jpg
27KB, 400x333px
>>34096659
So that's a good thing you brain dead cunt! Just means we will be the last to sink into the ocean from the overwhelming weight of filthy fucking foreigners.

So take relevancy and shove it up your oh so important cunt you bleeding fuck!
>>
>>34096653
Lil' bit of Small Nation Syndrome going on here. Which is curious because being part of the Commonwealth is one of the very few things that makes you guys even tangentially relevant on the world stage.
>>
>>34096672
> makes accusation
> provides no evidence to support
> therefore his opinion is as meaningless as he is himself

Disgarded, send the next one in please.
>>
>>34096682
Go fuck yourself!!
>>
>>34096678
>can't actually explain his reasoning and resorts to buzzwords and insults

what a surprise.
>>
>>34096689
What reasoning?
That we shouldn't be fighting and instead be striving to better our respective gun laws together?
I'd say that speaks for itself, you're just too blinded by hatred to see it
>>
>>34096689
Hes probably Mexican, dont expect them to have rational thought. Its not like whites are even going to be a majority over there in a few years
>>
>>34096678
>It really is too late for your kind
Oh the irony
>>
>>34096683
>hurr we can own cannons
>doesn't state any of the paperwork required and cost asociated
>b-but muh cannon
So what can you fire out of them if anything at all
>>
>>34096688
You're making this far too easy, mate.

Go find a nice comfy sheep to get out your frustrations and then cuddle with.
>>
>>34096694
>literally a no true Scotsman argument
>>
>>34096698
Once again:
> you made the accusation
> the burden of proof is upon you to prove the accusation, and if adequate proof is given only at that point am I required to provide counter evidence

Do you even know how debates work?
>>
>>34096697
So this is how it ends, huh.
Our nations in flames and we're too busy fighting amongst ourselves to do anything about it.
I hope the bantz were worth it
>>
>>34096711
I'm the kiwi fuck from a whole mother argument, by don't try convince yourself your autistic fucking head that you are important. You won't change shit mate your just not someone that cares enough, it's why you're here.
>>
File: 1494180282813.jpg (67KB, 1280x706px) Image search: [Google]
1494180282813.jpg
67KB, 1280x706px
>>34096711
It's how it ends for the US. Soon, they will be a white minority nation. Niggers and spics will ruin the economy and social standing of the nation, and I guarantee the next US presidential elections will have a spic running, who will most likely be elected.

Meanwhile Britain will have control of their immigration laws after Brexit.
>>
>>34096711
We didnt start the flame war m8. People just had do go and drop all their SA80 memes.
>>
>>34090638
Not him, but he's only off by a little bit. The L85A2 is 4.1 kilos whereas the SLR/L1A1 is 4.33 kilos. With a standard SUSAT optic that's another 410 grams. With the new-ish DD pic rail the thing does become heavier than the L1A1. Both in their standard configurations and loaded are about the same weight, however the L85A2 has the advantage of the standardised optic.

It's still entirely counter-productive for one of the main reasons for adopting the SA80 in the first place.
>>
>>34096704
You want me to argue why you should have better gun laws?
You don't just intrinsically desire them?
This is pretty much the saddest shit I've read all day.
Not even mad, just deeply depressed at the state of the anglosphere.
I'd think the sort of limes who'd come to /k/ would be the kind who yearn for freedom
>>
>>34096727
Yeah but a loaded L1a1 is heavier than an '80 with all that crap on it.
>>
>>34096722
I just got here but I've always been disappointed in the state of relations between our two nations on /k/. We certainly started this one but hostility comes from both sides every day.
Why must we fight?
>>
>>34096719
I really do hope so.
>>
File: IMG_2352.jpg (30KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2352.jpg
30KB, 460x307px
>>34096742
GO SHAG YOUR FUCKING AUNTIE CUNT!!
>>
>>34096742
All L85 threads, regardless of intent, will devolve into an /int/ fight over service rifles. Nobody takes it seriously.
>>
>>34096739
By a small margin, and depending on what shit is exactly on the rifle the L85A2 is heavier. Again, counter-productive to one of the main points of adopting the rifle in the first place.
>>
>>34090339
>Build quality looks worse than most AK
>Full of holes to let dirt in

Why do the brits do this to themselves
>>
>>34096750
The hornets nest is already on fire, you don't need to keep kicking it.
>>
>>34096762
Company was going down anyway, so nobody gave a single fuck about quality.
>>
>>34096742
Many of us brits are envious of your relaxed gun laws, and some yanks love to shitpost about brits, i.e ramps, L85, muslims, bin that knife etc...antagonising comes from both sides.
>>
>>34096728
No one is stating that they wouldn't want better gun laws. However, if the outcome of having looser restrictions results in the murder of their own countrymen on a regular basis, I'm willing to take the sacrifice. The laws are good enough. Sure, it wouldn't hurt if we could own auto-action from .22 and above, and be capable of legally defending themselves in their own home if an individual has hostile intentions, but the fact that you yourself don't believe that the restrictions of one luxury to defend men of your own country explains more than enough about you.
>>
>>34096765
FUCK YOU YANK!! I DO WHAT I WANT!!!
http://youtu.be/H0rpeR-uYdc
>>
>>34096770
I simply don't pray to the false idol of gun control. you won't find many on here that do.
If you're truly happy where you are I suppose there's no use poking you to be more like us.
But do get on that self defense thing, won't you?
>>
>>34096771
Shoulda just cooked him some eggs..
>>
>>34096771
Jesus mate, cool it with the shitposting. You'll hurt yourself.
>>
>>34096780
The sad thing is, the vast majority of the public has been indoctrinated to believe guns are evil, than guns are illegal in britain, and because we dont have regular mass shootings like the US it somehow makes us 'better'. Therefore any serious petition would require a hell of a lot of internal support from the gun community and would probably get twisted by the media as 'these right wing gun nuts want to be able to murder people in their houses'
>>
>>34096771
is that jango-fett
>>
>>34096771
What a beautiful country full of kind individuals.

http://youtu.be/eFtnKi50q-Y
>>
>>34096796
Once were Warriors

Jake the Muss
>no hand speed
>>
>>34096801
THATS AUSTRALIA YOU FUCKING MUPPET!!!
>>
>>34096809
The point stands, australia sucks.
Can we all at least agree on that?
>>
>>34096818
YOURE ALL FUCKING SHIT MATE, NEW ZEALAND #1 YOU BITCHES!!!
>>
>>34096771
Holy mother of accents how do you people communicate? Why the fuck would you live in a place where the women sound like fucking air raid sirens?
>>
>>34096822
and I think that's as good a note as any to close on.
Excellent thread, everyone.
Same time tomorrow?
>>
>>34096833
Sounds good mate, elevenses or afternoon tea time?
>>
>>34096849
>>34096833
IM NOT DONE YOU CUNTS!!!
>>
>>34096849
elevenses, I don't want to banter with you bongs when you're all hopped up on the tannic devil.
>>
>>34091164
So you're saying no rifle needs a barrel longer than 10 inches otherwise it is sacrificing accuracy?

>>34092176
Different barrel doesn't change the fact that it isn't free floated and is 5.56. The quick change barrel is a feature militaries don't really use anyway since dedicated LMGs function better as organic fire support anyway. The lego gun feature is a bit of a gimmic.
>>
>>34096863
Elevenses is a brew and biscuits mate
>>
>>34096849
If I bring a large thermos of tea we can start after lunch and work through 'till evening without having to have a long break for afternoon tea.

I've got a big one somehwere. Milk and two, right?
>>
>>34096895
Get fucked, ranker.

Give me cake or give me death.
>>
>>34096912
Sounds like a plan my old china
>>
>>34096895
Dear god how much tea do you people drink?'
Well, I guess we gulp down a lot of coffee.
There's just far less planning in it as usual, it just sort of happens.
Suppose that's rather indicative, really
>>
>>34096936
I was on a course a couple of weeks ago.

We had breaks every two hours (in a 12-hour day) for tea and biscuits. And none of that pre-brewed norgie bullshit. Big ol' boiler, mugs, sugar, teabags, fresh milk and biscuits on a tray. New set each time.

Tea is important.
>>
>>34090571
This is objectively wrong though.
>>
File: IMG_2748.jpg (397KB, 4096x2903px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2748.jpg
397KB, 4096x2903px
>>34096936
You don't know addiction till you've had the good stuff, I'll go through a 2 kilo tin in a week.
>>
>>34096956
I have been using 3in1 Milo mix in lieu of creamer for my coffee. Send help.
>>
>>34095370
It holds the breach open when manually pulling back the cocking handle, which is also located on that side.

What did you think it was? Safety catch? Fire selector? The bolt release?
>>
>>34090339
>teach 10% of your military to shoot with their non-dominant hand and make them perform worse

>make everyone unable to switch shoulders

>all of this because you are not capable of figuring out how to make an ambi bullpup even though every other bullpup in existence is ambi

>call it the best modern service rifle
Thanks for making me laugh britbong.
>>
>>34096956
You know, I saw this shit at my local surplus grocery mart and just dismissed it as some latino quik since it was half in beanspeak and marked for export to south america.
Now that I know it's the ovaltine but not invented by shitposters I might have to give it a try
>>
>>34096610
What's not normal about it?
>>
>>34096974
GIVE LEFTYS MINIMIS THEN NO PROBLEMS
>>
>>34096997
Still unable to switch shoulders.

Still makes the rifle objectively inferior to basically any other service rifle in that aspect.

Not being able to figure out how to make an ambi bullpup is just sad.
>>
>>34096988
Its gods nectar when made like instant coffee, only niggers have it cold with milk. Also try doing it nigger style but put it in the microwave.
>>
>>34097014
they also had it in little mini cans and it was touting itself as some kind of sports energy drink?
I'd guess I should avoid the prepared stuff like the plague
How would you say it stacks up to ovaltine?
They're both malty choco powder made by nestle after all
>>
>>34097031
Never heard of ovaltine.
>>
>>34096993
gun is on a mount and she's not holding it to shoot it
>>
>>34097041
That's because this was a model mounted to show off it's accuracy and the Queen probably just wanted to give it a shot.
>>
>>34097040
Whelp, suppose we both have a malted milk product to try
>>
>>34097041
>>34097053
I'm sure if she asked for it to be taken off the mount so she can hold it while shooting, they'd let her.
>>
>>34096974
>and make them perform worse

Maybe in the US military, but shooting right handed is hard coded into your brain
>>
>>34097012
why do you need to switch shoulders, if your covering a corner to your right you should lean or put a minimi there.
>>
>>34093616
UK Cadet kids (aged 13-18) get the L98 GP which is basically a civilian semi-auto
>>
>>34097095
>single shot
>basically civilian semi-auto
I feel sorry for Britain
>>
>>34097095
essentially yes it's the same as the issued rifle minus the fire selector and optics. we do however get to use the LSW as it is issued with full giggle and a SUSAT
>>
>>34097121
Cadets have semi auto.
>>
>>34097121
they get access to LSWs and l81s (parker hale) too, from what my younger brother tells me they get access to 85's upon completion of a qualification.

they get rides in helicopters, tanks, APCs, undertake blank firing exercises.
Their even have their own jump and pilot wings.

funny watching the fuckers try to be cool.

sounds like being in the army without all the BS i have to put up with.
>>
>>34097121
>semi-auto
>single shot

are you this retarded?
>>
>>34097065
>shooting right handed is hard coded into your brain
Yeah, if you are right-handed.
>>
>>34097148
Cadet poster identified
>>
>>34097181
on the subject of cadets; what a turn of events
>>
>>34097148
So basically all the cool shit they try and convince you the army is like 100% of the time...when its actually <10% of the time if that.
>>
>>34097186
Cadet poster
>>
>>34097181
na, been in 12 years now, why? fuck knows.

>>34097191
Yeah, its a good recruiter though, whenever i get asked by a civvie friend to talk to the children about signing on i tell them the truth.
And for that reason i have never had the "opportunity" to stand at a recruitment wagon.
>>
>>34097160
>you can't be taught to write with your right hand if you're left handed

that's what you sound like right now
>>
>>34097181
>>34097186
>>34097201

so what if I was a cadet? fuck off, just because you were too pussy to join the ACF

they actually do some really cool stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtzMJXrCkw4
>>
>>34097229
Like sucking penis.
>>
>>34090339
>inb4 newfags conflate the A1's problems with the A2

The A2 has been in service for 15 years yet faggots still try and call it bad based on the A1. It's wierd.
>>
>>34097218
You can be taught to shoot with your non-dominant hand. You will not perform as well as with your dominant hand.

Learn to read. At no point did I say lefties are unable to shoot with their right hand. They are just going to shoot worse because britbongs can't into firearm design.
>>
>>34092032
>the SUSAT is terrible compared to an ACOG

Agreed. The SUSAT was replaced with the ACOG in the last few years of Afghanistan. I dunno how the new sight (LDS?) fairs.
>>
>>34097243
Everyone, regardless of dominant hand, has to pass range tests up to 300 metres with iron sights, and I believe the pass mark is 39 or 40 out of 50. If you dont pass you dont pass out, you get backtrooped until you can pass. Ergo it has no difference whether you are left or right handed, you get trained so much to shoot right handed that you perform just as well.
>>
>>34097250
SUSAT was way better than ACOG, the mount used to buckle and the ACOG was too fragile, they used to break in the weirdest ways, like continuous vibration from being in a vehcle or helicopter, it got so bad that they started issuing 552s to aircrew.

the LDS is fantastic though, its nice and clear and won't actually break.

the RDS and LLM combination allows you to shoot left handed and keep it away from your face.

>>34097250
I believe it was 42 if you had SUSAT.
45 was to qualify for marksman
>>
>>34097255
> Ergo it has no difference whether you are left or right handed, you get trained so much to shoot right handed that you perform just as well.
Lefties would achieve better results with a rifle that they can actually use with their dominant hand.

Military that is just good enough to pass tests doesn't win wars. You know what the second price in a firefight is?

It's a handicap no matter how you cut it. A handicap that has no reason ot exist, at least no other than britbogs being shit at firearm design or just plain neglectful.
>>
>>34097278
just give them minimis mate, its not like they're issued to every 4th person or anything.

in 12 years i have never heard a lefty complain, they either ask for the minimi, or they don't complain. Its literally that simple.

If they're any good they get issued the L129 which is starting to be issued to every 4th person.
>>
>>34097148

>from what my younger brother tells me they get access to 85's upon completion of a qualification.

Your brother spouteth bollocks.

>they get rides in helicopters, tanks, APCs, undertake blank firing exercises.
Their even have their own jump and pilot wings.

Not allowed to be in AFVs when moving because the restraint harnesses are not able to hold a child when they are designed for adult + body armour + belt kit.

And they don't have their own wings - they can't even wear the lightbulb, because surprise surprise they aren't military parachutists.

Seriously when will cadets stop thinking they are so fucking special. I work with them and holy fuck a lot of them are autistic as shit about it.
>>
>>34097288
>just give them minimis mate, its not like they're issued to every 4th person or anything.
It's a solution, but not ideal.

The root of the problem is that the rifle is flawed even though it has no reason to be. Just how fucking hard would it be to make an ambi ejection port?

>in 12 years i have never heard a lefty complain, they either ask for the minimi, or they don't complain. Its literally that simple.
They probably don't complain because it's not like they have a say in the matter. Shit is not likely to change so they deal with it.
>>
>>34097229
Cadet poster
>>
>>34097291
They obviously do from just a quick google search
http://www.cadetdirect.com/army-cadet-force-parachute-course-badge
http://www.cadetdirect.com/air-cadet-pilot-scheme-wings

>>34097304
The root of the problem is obviously left handed people, if they weren't fucking disabled then it wouldn't be a supposedly flawed rifle.
>>
>>34097278
> military that is just good enough to pass doesnt win wars

And thats why Britain has been fighting and winning wars for over a hundred years, and the US, which I assume you hold as better than 'just good enough', hasnt had a major win since the Gulf and before that, Korea.
>>
>>34097338

>Still reverse baiting this hard
>>
>>34090339
*jams*
>>
>>34091967
>hi power
>British
>>
>>34097351
> non argument is a non argument

Bait or not, british soldiers have been fighting and dying every year for over a hundred years bar a handful, and have been around longer than the entirity of the USA as a nation. That much military history and experience doesnt just result in a 'fuck it youll do' attitude, if you dont pass muster you can sod off.
Theres a reason why the British army is considered one of the most professional and best fighting forces in the world. Theres a reason your Green Berets are based off our Royal Marines and your SFOD-D based on our SAS. If we wanted masses of barely trained conscripts, we would have it, but we dont want that because a small and elite army is far more effective than dull masses. As such, theres a reason why theres mottos such as 'train hard to fight easy' and 'proper prior preparation prevents piss poor performance' in the army - thats how you get taught and thats what you get drilled into you.
>>
>>34096770
>>34096654
>he thinks gun control protects people
Come the fuck on. If an angsty teen really wanted to commit a mass murder in your country he'd download TOR and cook up some bombs. Most of America's gun violence and 'mass shootings' (3+ people shot) come from gangbangers doing their thing and suicides.
>>
File: etiear4.jpg (1MB, 2048x977px) Image search: [Google]
etiear4.jpg
1MB, 2048x977px
Pretty much any AR with a free floated handguard will annihilate the L85 in terms of accuracy.
>lets just attach everything to the barrel! surely that won't fuck with barrel harmonics!
>>
>>34097471
>free floated handguard
Yeah but a free floated barrel wouldn't last 20 minutes in the British military.
>>
>>34097486
Are you trying to imply that free floated barrels are fragile
>>
>>34097491
They are, no military in the world has ever issued a free float barrel as a standard issue weapon. with exception to the L129.

As excellent as it is, the barrel is utter shite, i've seen them bent from CQB where the muzzle has been caught on a wall or floor.
>>
File: cqbps68.jpg (705KB, 4368x2912px) Image search: [Google]
cqbps68.jpg
705KB, 4368x2912px
>>
>>34097512
pics or didn't happen
>>
>>34097512
Anything that would bend a free floated barrel would bend a non free floated barrel. Attaching a handguard to your barrel doesnt somehow make the barrel less prone to bending.
>>
>>34097521
because i just so happen to take photos of everything i see.
>>
>>34097322
>They obviously do from just a quick google search

First badge isn't an official item authorised by HQ LAND and the Army Dress Committee. It's just a commercially purchased badge.

Second is bespoke for the Air Cadets, which I will admit do some flying, but the Army Cadets have no access to any kind of 'wing'.
>>
>>34097229
M8 I advise you to never reveal you were a cadet on here. I speak from experience of severe roastings.
>>
>>34097512
SCAR, HK416, SR25, M110, M4's with vltor CASV

Just to name a few
>>
>>34097525
If it bends at the base you may not notice it, if a rifle bends at the end then you can easily spot it.

We only figured out they bent just at the front of the receiver when we were trying to sight them in and the scope is at max left and low and still hitting left and low.
>>
>>34097537
This.
The best way to become a laughing stock in the army is by saying 'well, when I was a cadet...'
>>
>>34097521

Very warm barrel from having a few hundred rounds of blank fired through it, running a bit too fast, smack BFA-first into a wall...
>>
>>34097548
This sounds like you being incompetant more than anything else.
>>
File: 1485920227205.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
1485920227205.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>34097512
>no military in the world has ever issued a free float barrel as a standard issue weapon
>>
>>34097553
That would bend a normal barrel also.
Your point is still invalid
>>
>>34097550

Better: heard a story off a colleague who was DS at AFC Harrogate was of one special thruster, who when being shown a demonstration of individual fire and maneuver by the DS, proceeded to say "Nah Corporal, that's wrong, when I was in the cadets we did it like this..."

Cue beasting.
>>
>>34097560

I'm another poster, and I just realised that the guy you were replying to was talking about the L129 and not the L85.

'Pologies.
>>
>>34097229
i really do hope this is bait?
>>
>>34097554
Not really shit like that happens, seen people write off million pound pieces of equipment as "shit happens"

>>34097546
>>34097555

HK416 granted but yet to be issued in numbers above 25,000

SR25, M110 are not regular issue.

SCAR doesn't have a free floating barrel, there are two torx screws at the front of the receiver that secure the upper to the gas block and barrel.

As far as i'm aware the vltor CASV is not a regular issue too.

They work just fine if you hide the muzzle behind the handguard.
>>
File: comparison - Copy.png (201KB, 468x443px) Image search: [Google]
comparison - Copy.png
201KB, 468x443px
>>34091967
Only the SMLE and Webley are largely non-derivative. I'm not saying derivatives are a bad idea, just be aware of what those designs actually are. Anglo way with armament production post-nineteenth-century is often (mostly?) to license and rename - combination of pragmatism, time-exigency, wallpapering and lack of home talent/depth.
>>
>>34097589
Those two torx screws only secure the rail to the reciever, they dont interact with the barrel. The scar is freefloated
>>
>>34097567
What a fucking madman. To be fair after passing out I had a weapons handling test at the unit, stood up at the point where you finish the WHT in training as I was taught.
Sgt goes 'what you standing up for you daft bastard?'
'This is how I was taught to do a WHT sergeant'
'Well give me the name of the bloke who told you that and Ill forcibly invert his testes, now get back down there'

He ran me through the most eclectic routine of drills to further fuck with me...happy days
>>
>>34097567
>>34097679
I went to visit a mate who was running selection once.

It was the gerry can water run, my mate (who had just returned from a 6 month stint in musa qala cowboy town) was honestly asked:

> "can i drink the water to lighten the load i was told i could do this online."

My mate threw a wobbly of which the likes i had never seen.

I was giggling so hard i put myface in the grass
>>
File: DSC00249.jpg-original.jpg (230KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00249.jpg-original.jpg
230KB, 1024x768px
>>34097589
>>
>>34097735
the PSG1 is free floating as are some PTRs, but mill spec G3s are not.
>>
>>34097743
>but mill spec G3s are not.
Nigga you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>34097778
Do you know how the handguard is affixed?
>>
>>34097778
They are not free floated.
>>
>>34097804
>>34097803
Yes they are, the handguard pins into place through the cocking tube, and the front sight welded to the barrel and is not connected to the cocking tube. The only ones that are not free-floated are VERY early G3's, all milspec ones are free floated.
>>
>>34097731
>>34097679
These are the things that simply brighten my day.

Tempted to make a thread devoted to the stupid shit soldiers say to their DS. Always good for a chuckle.
>>
File: Triple Frame.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Triple Frame.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34097803
>circling the triple frame

Congrats, you played yourself.
>>
File: 1495335496205.png (294KB, 836x1316px) Image search: [Google]
1495335496205.png
294KB, 836x1316px
>>34096500
>HAW HAW AHW l85a2 is the best gun debate me
>WHY ARE YOU DEBATING ME? YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF BUTTHURT MURICANS BAWWWW

Its like pulling teeth with you people
>>
>>34097839
One of my mates in my training had been a copper beforehand, and one of the corporals loved to fuck with him. So when we left our room for the last time, the corporal goes 'this is the last time youll be in here lads'. My mate had wanted to leave a bag in there cus he was getting picked up later and went 'so we wont be coming back in here corporal?'
Corporal goes 'what did I just say? Did I say this was the last time?'
'Yes corporal'
'Did I? Do you have any proof?'
'I have 10 witnesses corporal'
'Right, which of you lads will testify to that?'
*cue half the lads bolting out the room like greased weasel shit*
'The rest of you, assume the position..'

What ensued was 10 minutes of holding the pressup position with us all laughing our arses off, followed by burpees, during which one of the lanky lads was so enthusiastic he broke one of those cheap ceiling panels with his noggin. I believe it came out of his pay.
Nothing quite like a farewell beasting because you wont stitch up your mucker...
>>
>>34097471
A long handguard like that would mitigate bending the barrel imo
>>
>>34097920
its also 100% A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>34097886
When yanks respond with memes and no proper argument its pretty retarded and thus not worthy of a proper response, because all youll get in return is shitposting.
>>
>>34097957
cuck
>>
>>34097957
Shitty barrel harmonics and being unusable by lefties are legit complaints, you're just retarded.
>>
File: 1406700183557.jpg (5KB, 239x252px) Image search: [Google]
1406700183557.jpg
5KB, 239x252px
>>34097957
You know Australians are a very real thing on this website
>>
>>34097907

That sounds like one of those JNCOs we all know who are ERE because their own mob doesn't want to deal with them and has a massive chip that he isn't in the Sergeants mess yet.
>>
>>34097957
cuckold
>>
Like I said, memes and shitposting.
>>
>>34097980
To be fair he was a pretty good bloke, he just loved fucking with the copper. Our sergeant was another thing entirely, scouse bloke who could sour milk from twenty paces with just a look. Once during drill:

"As am sure you all are aware, Im not the nicest of people youd ever want to meet out in civvy street.
As such, when I get home from a day with you cunts, the missus usually gets the short end of the stick.
Now, we are going to get this drill absofuckinglutely perfect, otherwise when I get home tonight, shes getting a shiner and a broken jaw"
*giggling ensues*
"Oh and Bradley (the platoon mong with two left feet)... if you fuck this up for me Ill uppercut the bitch"
*entire platoon shits themselves laughing, including both corporals*
>>
>>34097838
This. Free floated, but the thin handguard will make contact depending on torque applied.
>>
>>34091967
>Vickers
Maxim gun was invented by an American.
>>
>>34098228
Na he became a natrualised brit in 1900
>>
>>34098245
Maxim gun was made in the 1880s. He was a vacationing American when he made it.
>>
>>34096535
>a loaded polymer L1a1 with SUIT sight (13lb) is heavier than an L85, SUSAT, RIS & LLM) (11lb)
And the L85 is still ~3 lbs heavier than a similarly equipped M4.
>>
>>34098258
but since 2/3rds of the mass is to the rear and in your shoulder it feels lighter than it is.

because of where the mass is the recoil impulse its strange, its all backwards with maybe a little to the right, but never up.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.