[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm stuck between these two pistols, whats everyone opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: th.jpg (22KB, 300x289px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
22KB, 300x289px
I'm stuck between these two pistols, whats everyone opinion on what they would buy?
>>
File: IMG_2562.jpg (47KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2562.jpg
47KB, 1024x680px
This one.
>>
File: openshot30calblackhawkart.jpg (112KB, 589x186px) Image search: [Google]
openshot30calblackhawkart.jpg
112KB, 589x186px
>>34088186
Lol, got one in the same family already
>>
>>34088182
You chose two near polar opposites.
I suggest you visit your local gunnasium and feel the two boys up. Choose the one that feels good in your hands and has a trigger that you appreciate.
If neither of them suits your fancy, begin feeling examples from the gunkeeper's stable until you find your prince.
Bonus points if there's a rent range so you can feel your gun in action before you commit
Just do your homework and make sure it's something with at least a decent reputation. No brycos, tauruses, bersas etc
When it comes to modern mainstream automatic pistols, those are the two most important factors.
You will always shoot a gun you find comfortable better then a gun you find uncomfortable and you will be more inclined to practice
The rest is more or less splitting hairs.
>>
File: IMG_2727.jpg (23KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2727.jpg
23KB, 500x281px
>>34088195
Yea but the Blackhawk doesn't have that "70s white cowboy hat and bollo tie wearing Las Vegas cocaine and bourbon addicted women beating pimp" aesthetic.
>>
I like your point, i attend to hopefully find a store open today that has both of these. I can find someone for trying the glock out ,but as far as the m9, no one i know owns one.
>>
>>34088214
Holy shot that describes the security six to a fucking tee.
>>
File: why not both kid.jpg (11KB, 268x219px) Image search: [Google]
why not both kid.jpg
11KB, 268x219px
>>34088182
>glock
easy to shoot
easy to customize
lightweight
easy to maintain
>92
easy to shoot
good aftermarket
very durable
versatile to any ammo choice

imho it's not which you should buy, but which you should buy first. you can find both relatively cheap in the used market. if you're a new shooter, i'd recommend the 92. it's a little heavier which will aid the shooter understand recoil. in my experience new shooters who use the smaller glocks sometimes have a habit of limp wristing the gun causing a failure to eject. but if you buy a 17/19 and don't teacup the pistol, you shouldn't run into that problem.
>>
If it's going to be something used to potentially carry, Glock 17. If you want it for fun gun, up to you.
>>
I got a Glock 17 as my first pistol as a range toy/HD weapon. It's a solid shooter and great for getting used to the basics if the finger grooves don't cause problems. Going to go for a 92 next so I can have a nice steel DA/SA range toy.
>>
Unless you're getting a cx4 too, Glock hands down.

Glock is thinner and has cheap magpul magazines.
>>
>>34088182
Those guns suck. HK USP is the right answer.
>>
File: 1467175610428.jpg (2MB, 4117x2862px) Image search: [Google]
1467175610428.jpg
2MB, 4117x2862px
>>34088204
Don't mean to troll but I think the "see what feels good in the hand" advice isn't very useful. Neither is "rent both and see which shoots/feels better". Because when novice shooters grip a gun they often don't grip it properly or whatever grip feels good isn't a good grip. And just because you happen to shoot one or the other slightly better isn't a very controlled decision.

I always tell people this.
>decide on features
Do you wants a safety and/or decocker?
Do you want hammer or striker?
If hammer; S/DA SAO or DAO?
Caliber?
Double or single stack?
Size?

This usually narrows it down to what they want based on what they want not what happens to feel better in their hand. Remember that whatever they buy they should/will train on and have to learn to use the weapon whether its comfortable or not and learning to use it properly is more important that it feeling comfy in your hand.

>>34088182
OP I'd think of it this way, decide what you want platform wise. Want a safety? Want striker fired? ect.
>>
File: 20170427_044742.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170427_044742.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>2017

>not owning a 92fs

>Not wainting them 80s action movie aesthetics
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.