[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/...thinking about buying 5k rounds of this...how's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 3436.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
3436.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
Hey /k/...thinking about buying 5k rounds of this...how's the accuracy in pistols?
>>
>>34086949
Is there much difference between the standard and high velocity??
>>
Aguila's been pretty decent for the price with me. Not particularly dirty, good reliability, all that stuff. Obviously not top-dollar boolit, but I'd recommend it.
>>
>>34086949

Aguila is my backup to CCI for rimfire

Very consistent
>>
>>34087010
Compared to Remington golden bullet?
>>
>>34087073
So just for a good all around round...OK?
>>
>>34087073
I shoot 40gn cci lead...is it comparable?
>>
>>34086949
i used to use cci in my 22/45 and my father's buck mark. my father and i both sold our pistols since then though. i have never had any issues with cci in both. i have used aguila and federal in my 10/22 though. other than an occasional failure to eject i have no complaints.
>>
File: Aguila 60gr Sniper Subsonic.jpg (27KB, 535x304px) Image search: [Google]
Aguila 60gr Sniper Subsonic.jpg
27KB, 535x304px
>>34086949

I've been buying this stuff a lot recently. My Winchester 94 loves it.
>>
>>34087097
I haven't used golden bullet before. I can compare it to federal, CCI, and winchester. I'd probably put it about equal to federal in all regards.
>>
how good is Winchester hp compaired to cci?
>>
>>34087260

I recently bought a bunch of Winchester .22LR. I was getting lots of stuck cases. At first I thought maybe my rifle was dirty or extractor was going bad but the everything was squeaky clean and everything else extracted just fine. The Winchester brass was getting stuck badly in the chamber. Maybe it was overpressure.

Maybe it was just that lot. I've had good luck with Winchester in the past. I would recommend buying only a small amount to get started. Make sure accuracy and dependability are acceptable before buying a mountain of it. If .22 is still hard to get in your area then I guess just get what you can get and make do.
>>
>>34087298
Well that's good to know, thank you. I only ask because aguila is available for 4.5 cents per round x 5,000...just wondered.
>>
>>34086949
If I remember correctly Aguila is made in an old Remington or Browning factory. It's always been cleaner for me than Monarch brass and Wolf Gold, but I've never shot their rim fire just their 7.62x51, .308, and 9mm.
>>
>>34086949
If it's a decent price go ahead, you can't really go wrong with modern non shit tier .22, but just promise me you won't piss it all away on "plinking"
>>
>>34087097
Must better then Remington golden bullet, that shit just gets gold fucking everywhere, still cost effective if you don't mind cleaning every now and then. This stuff just works.
>>
>>34087675
Really!?...I appreciate your input...I guess there's something to be said about 22 rimfire ammo...makes you think
>>
>>34087706
Okay ellipsis redditor, I don't shoot my .22 rifle often so I rarely buy ammo for it but the store I work at stocks Aguila regularly. I suggest their higher velocity ammo often because of the 100 or so people I've sold semi auto .22lr rifles and handguns too in the last year and they've never had an issue with it. I also buy their centerfire ammo and it's better than most other commercially available foreign made ammo. It's not as dirty and when we are out of stock on bricks, the Aguila cases that have 10 boxes of 50 rounds of .22lr are about the same price as a 500 round bricks.
>>
>>34087706
Fuck off nigger
>>
r8 armscor 36 gr high velocity pls
>>
>>34086949
It's super extra accurate. Read the box retard
>>
>>34086949
This exact stuff is right up there with mini mags (the gold standard 22lr) imo. It's quality ammo. I ordered a case a few months ago and paid $248 to my door, total. No tax, and free shipping. This same deal is still avaliable. So that was 4.96cpr. Its about as cheap as you can find any 22lr nowadays. All the lgs around me carry it but for $5-6 a box. If youre hesitant, Buy a few boxes first and run them thru your particular firearms just to be sure.
I've so far been thru over 1000 of them, and would definitly recommend.
>>
i have a break action .22lr, is there a brand that is clean accurate and also cheap because is doesnt cycle other actions well?
>>
>>34089687
Get whatever cheap shit you want desu, the only reason people complain about golden bullets and standard velocity is because it won't cycle a semi-auto
>>
>>34086949
Second and third guns I bought were a Marlin Model 60 and a Walther P22. Had bought 2000 rounds of that fucking Aguila Super Extra shit and each gun faced failures to eject nearly constantly. Ended up selling both 22lr guns before I could even use the shit and bundled it in with the sale
>>
>>34087209
Is that shit still around? I bought a few boxes back in 2010 or something but i've never seen it again.
>>
>>34087209
Don't they keyhole a bit because of improper twist rates in most .22 barrels?
>>
my local farm store got a shit ton of cci factory seconds and is selling boxes of 200 for $9.99!
>>
I've used the Aguila Super Extras pretty reliably in a Ruger 10/22 and SR-22. It makes a good rifle round. I'd put it on par with the Federal $20 525rd. brick.

Aside from a couple misfires, and ejection failures, they're not bad.

I tend to stick with Winchester Super X's for everything; match and squirrels.
>>
>>34090361

Local retailer has a bunch of it, along with pretty much everything else Aguila offers, in stock.

>>34090455

In all likelihood. I was shooting golf balls out in the corral and had no problems with accuracy at a max of about 40 yards though.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.