[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This pistol has two tiny recoil springs contained in its grip,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: find a flaw.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
find a flaw.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
This pistol has two tiny recoil springs contained in its grip, that use levers to act on the slide. This allows it to have a more compact slide and smaller overall package. Why isn't this type of recoil spring used in modern pistols?
>>
unnecessary compllications, and just more shit to fail, or parts to lose.

a regular recoil spring works plenty good.
>>
Probably because it only works with low-powered cartridges, makes it more difficult to operate the slide and would make for a comically oversized grip when using high pressure ammo and double-stack mags.
>>
>>34085754
The Webley 1913 used it, and that's pretty high preasure. (Yes, I just watched the FG episode about it. Sue me.)
>>
>>34085683
>unnecessary complications
Hardly more complicated at all, and probably cheaper because the springs are smaller.
>more shit to fail
Those little bars could last hundreds of thousands of rounds easily if designed right.
>>34085754
>only works with low-powered cartridges
The Webley automatics have a similar system, and they're in .455 Webley.
>makes it more difficult to operate the slide
Not at all, why would it.
>Comically oversized grip
Except one or two thin metal bits connected to two little springs would hardly increase grip size at all, particularly if you moved the springs to the backstrap where there's empty space.
>>
>>34085828
>"Hardly more complicated at all,"
>twice as many springs to fail
>two separate lever mechanisms
>many more moving parts bearing high stress loads.
>"Hardly more complicated at all"

u r dum
>>
>>34085660
So they moved the main spring to the front? Cool, but just get a striker and forget about hammers all together.
>>
>>34085828
>makes it more difficult to operate the slide
>Not at all, why would it.

Markedly less surface area to grip. Hence why those baby Berettas use tip-up barrels.
>>
File: 1490053167210.jpg (657KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
1490053167210.jpg
657KB, 900x660px
>>34085660
what FW is this opea?
>>
>>34085828
>The Webley automatics have a similar system, and they're in .455 Webley.
The guns that use .455 Webley can barely survive .45auto, which is also low pressure as fuck
>>
>>34085954
>Implying recoil springs ever fail
>Calling levers mechanisms to make them seem complex when they clearly aren't at all
>Implying moving a slide forward is a "high stress load"
>implying four small parts that never fail are worse than two much larger ones
u r dum

>>34085988
The recoil spring system in no way impacts your ability to grip the slide.
>>
File: the cutest lil recoil springs.jpg (820KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
the cutest lil recoil springs.jpg
820KB, 2592x1944px
>>34086276
"Le Francais" or something like that.

>>34086278
Have you heard of a properly designed gun failing because of its recoil spring? Because I haven't. Maybe, just maybe, this is because it has a very easy, low pressure job to do, and doesn't change much in strength from hand cannons to mouse guns.
>>
probably just because it's simpler with a single spring and guide rod. Not by a lot but the advantage of this design doesn't seem so great to increase the cost compared to spring+rod.
>>
>>34085660
Why would it be used? More parts because reasons?

"I jack off to it" isn't a legitimate reason to use a more complicated design. Or are you German?
>>
File: why.png (114KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
114KB, 500x478px
>>34087116
>Say why in OP
>Get asked why anyways
>>
>>34085660
I'm sure there are plenty of reasons considering no major manufacturer does it as far as I know. If they aren't doing it there is definitely at least one good reason.
>>
Doesn't the kriss vector do something like this?
>>
Just let the smart people design guns OP. They know what they're doing.
>>
>>34086278
.455 Eley Auto is much more high pressure than .455 Webley. Similar too shooting modern .45acp in a shaved cylinder .45 webley.
>>
>>34086397
You're not a gun designer mate, if it not popular then there's probably a good fucking reason for it.
>>
>>34085660
It means that you either have to use a very short (low powered) cartridge, or have an unusually large grip to accommodate both a normal sized cartridge and still have space in front of the mag for the springs.
>>
>>34085660
Look at how much dpace it takes up in the grip. That's a good 1.5 cm in additional grip length added to the firearm. Now consider doing that to a Glock- you'd need monster-sized hands to hold the thing, rendering it impractical. Due to the lever travellung alongside the mag, it aslo makes the gun slightly wider. Not a particularly good tradeoff for guns with large cartridges (or lots of them)
>>
>>34087365
>There are reasons because no major manufacturer does it
Not an argument

>>34088656
Wow wtf I'm insulted now

>>34088672
Not an argument

>>34088679
Wrong, as I've already explained

>>34088697
>>34085828
>>
>>34088672
The mini uzi has two recoil springs similar to >>34086397
>>
>>34085660

Reminds me of the Vector recoil springs too.
>>
You're all retarded. Did anyone notice how much grip space it takes up? It's probably way huge with a double stack mag. There aren't enough benefits to justify machining complexity.
>>
Modern pistols often have double stack magazines so fitting a recoil spring into the grip isn't as easy.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.