[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, Europoor here. I'm going to the US next week and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Shooting-Range.jpg (52KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Shooting-Range.jpg
52KB, 800x450px
Hey /k/, Europoor here. I'm going to the US next week and l'll be staying in a state with very lax gun laws (Oregon), so l had a few questions.

Say l want to go to a shooting range and shoot something. I've had zero experience with firearms so far, so how should l actually go about that? What do l say to the people working there? Are they even gonna let me shoot, or are they likely to turn me away when l tell them l've never done it before?

These two are the important ones for now, l'll ask a couple more follow-ups if this thread gets any traction.

Cheers.
>>
>>34082667
>Europoor
>cheers
Just fuck off to one of those awful party islands where all those chavs go instead. Enough of all you cunty Europeans.
>>
>>34082667
Go to a range that lets you rent guns (there's on in Eugene that has a Thompson) and rent one. Ask if they have an instructor that can show you how to operate and what the safety rules are. Easy peasy.
>>
>>34082667
Say you're a European that doesn't know anything about guns and needs help to learn why the 2nd amendment is so important
>>
>>34082667

Just tell them its your first time, and they'll show you the ropes and walk you through it. Despite what you may see on this Indonesian Lumber Trading forum, most gun people are extremely friendly and understanding.

Find a range where they treat you kindly (shouldn't take much effort), and remember to have fun.
>>
Tell the staff you've never handled a gun before. You might have to pay, but they'll be happy to show you how to do it safely.

I hope you're not intending to go alone. Because many ranges don't rent to singles without guns. Too many suicides.

>What do l say to the people working there?
"Hello, I'm a tourist from Europe. I've never held a gun before, and I'll to do some shooting."
>>
Hey, I'm in Portland and will be down to show you the ropes and let you shoot some guns next time me and my friends go out. Just let me know in the thread and I'll drop you a burner email.

Meeting up first to have a beer and feel things out and make sure you're not a serial killed is required.

Otherwise if you'd prefer to go alone, I'd suggest English Pit in Vancouver WA. They're kind of pricey, but I usually go there simply because they're on a beautiful outdoor range and I hate shooting indoors.
>>
>>34082714
>>34082735
>>34082738
Thanks, friendos.

So what would you say is the best "starter" gun? What do you suggest l start with?

Also, how much do you reckon a visit to the range would cost?

>>34082783
Thanks Anon, that sounds great and all, but l'm not sure when or even if l'll be able to go to Portland. This is a Work and Travel thing and l'll probably spend most of the summer at Crater Lake.
>>
>>34083387
>What's the best starter gun?

For a pistol I'd say:
Not to come across as an asshole, but if you're a responsible adult then a 9mm pistol, probably a Glock, but if you have a different preference that's fine. You do you.

As far as a rifle, a .22lr like a 10/22 or a semi auto AR in .223/5.56

Once you're comfortable and your instructor is comfortable with you go wild with whatever you want. Have fun.
>>
>>34083555
I have nothing to add to this, it's good advice.
>>
>>34083555
Normally I would agree with this guy, but assuming his stay in the US is temporary then I would prioritize shooting the coolest shit they have over practicing shooting technique.
>>
>>34083387
>So what would you say is the best "starter" gun?

Probably a Glock. Incredibly simple to operate. Load a magazine by popping it in the bottom, rack the slide, point and shoot. Remember not to shoot with a limp wrist. Always check if there's one in the barrel. Always point down range.

You don't even need an instructor if you're using a Glock. They're so ridiculously easy it's why they're the 'Toyota Corolla' of guns. Nothing spectacular, but shoots a bullet and easy to maintain.
>>
>>34083387
>Also, how much do you reckon a visit to the range would cost?
Depends on the range. My local range admission fee is about $17, then whatever you pay for ammo. If you want a good amount of shooting for like a 9mm, so say 100 rounds, it'd probably be like ~$15 for ammo. Targets are only like 50 cents so 10 or them is only 5 bucks. If you're renting a gun that's probably another $15.

I'd be ready to shell out about $50.
>>
>>34082667
Americans want to share their guns and gun culture with everyone. You needn't worry about being turned down by anyone.
>>
>>34086093
My range charges about 60 a rental damn
>>
>>34082667
You will find the American firearms community very welcoming. Find a local range that rents guns. Just tell them you are from Europe, would love to shoot, but have very little firearms experience.

The range will set you up with guns, ammo, and instruction. Most of the folks on the range will view you as a novelty and "we" love to show off our awesome 2nd Amendment. You might make quite a few new friends that day who will help you out and let you shoot their guns and ammo. Americans are just like that.
>>
File: mount stupid.png (43KB, 613x481px) Image search: [Google]
mount stupid.png
43KB, 613x481px
>>34086211
>You will find the American firearms community very welcoming.

True, however you will also find a fair few in the gun community sitting squarely atop Mt. Stupid.
>>
Thanks for the advice, guys.

I've only been on /k/ a few times, but you're definitely the best and most helpful community on this Laotian mine-disposal forum.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.