[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /k/ think this nugget + bayonet with worth 225 of my shekles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1405874523.png (2MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1405874523.png
2MB, 900x900px
Does /k/ think this nugget + bayonet with worth 225 of my shekles?

I realize nuggets aren't exactly great value anymore but for $225 i cant really find anything better.

>inb4 the money you save shooting .308 from a $450 rifle will make up for the price diff

7.62x54r around here is pretty much the same price as .308. Store offers 20 round boxes for $9.99.

I looked for what i knew to look for, but being honest i don't really know any of the finer and potentially more important details when buying a mosin nagant.

I looked through the bore and its clean and shiny, the riflings stand out great. but other than that pic related is the only other stuff i looked at.

I saw the arrow in a triangle i was told to look for, not really sure what it means beyond who the manuf was. As far as matching serial numbers, i honestly have no clue, there is a number on the bolt that says 6003, i didn't see any other numbers besides on receiver and 6003 isn't on there.

If there are any other recommendations for whats going to amount to nothing more than a plinking rifle as illinois doesn't have rifle hunting for jack shit besides coyotes then i'm more then happy to listen.
>>
>>34082135
That bore looks like a sewer pipe.
>>
>>34082135
Do you like/collect milsurp? Then yes. Otherwise no, leave it for a collector and buy an AR.
>>
>>34082135
>for $225 I cant really find anything better

Then maybe you need to save up a little more and buy a good gun?
>>
>>34082135
Its worth it, get while you can.
>>
>>34082135
>nugget
>worth anything

Why do people keep buying this shit
>>
>>34082135
If it's just plinking, a .22lr rifle is the cats pajamas. Ammo is cheap as shit, no recoil, and there arre plenty of good things to choose from. A 10/22 will last as long as your bloodline, and has a wicked aftermarket. Crickett makes a single shot bolt gun that's as small and light as you can legally have it. If you want a levergun, go for either a Henry, or a Marlin 39A.
>>
File: nugget_clothes_rack.jpg (62KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
nugget_clothes_rack.jpg
62KB, 500x374px
>>34082135
>Does /k/ think this nugget + bayonet with worth 225 of my shekles?
You are looking at a Model 91/30 made by Izhevsk Mechanical Factory in 1942. It is literally the most common Mosin rifle, being the highest-production year ever. It has been though at least one refurbishment, indicated by the "Triangle-25" marking. Since the numbers don't match I personally wouldn't spend $225 on it, but then I have other nuggets already. I see it as a $150 rifle, being that the bore is in good condition but parts are mis-matched and the finish is heavily worn.
>>
>>34082273
Not op but thank you for actually replying
>>
Op here
>>34082273
Thank you for the genuine reply. The gun had a sticker price of 299, guy said he'll sell for 225. I'll be back there Tuesday and see if I can knock him down some, I think I remember something about the owner buying mosins for $179 so I'll try for $190

>>34082190
I have more than enough to buy even up to an $800 rifle, I just don't want to right now. If I could actually duur hunt with a rifle is probably spend more but for now I'm more or less just looking at fun factor

>>34082231
Although I agree with you I already have an AR15 and was thinking about getting a 22lr adapter bolt for it. However right now I'm looking for a bolt action that has a bit more range than a .22
>>
>>34082177
Buy it and cut it down just to spite this faggot
>>
>>34082231
the recoil is a feature
>>
>>34082273
Ok I know what the word refurbished means, but what does that mean for the rifle? Would that not be a good thing?
>>
File: M91_12-11-2016_C.jpg (876KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
M91_12-11-2016_C.jpg
876KB, 1200x1600px
>>34083146
>what does that mean for the rifle?
Means it was gone over by an armorer who replaced any parts that were out of spec to bring the rifle back into factory specifications. What it means is that the rifle no longer has all (or even most) of the parts it originally left the factory with, and usually not the same kind of wood or metal finish. Post-war Soviet refurbs used a cheaper finish because the Mosin was no-longer the front-line service rifle of the USSR and thus less money was allocated to maintain them in storage. To some collectors having the rifle as close to factory-original as possible is paramount; some don't even like handling wear on original parts and will pay top-dollar for the rarely-encountered rifle with factory-original parts and yet with hardly any wear to them.
>Would that not be a good thing?
All depends on what you want from the rifle. It's good if you want a cheap plinking gun. If you want a rifle that looked EXACTLY like it would have when it was handed out to some Ivan in 1942, it isn't. It is all a matter of personal taste.
>>
>>34082615
>Wasting your own time and money will spite me
You say so champ.
>>
>>34082135
>7.62x54r around here is pretty much the same price as .308. Store offers 20 round boxes for $9.99.
How long do you think that will continue to be the case?
>>
File: le_nugget.jpg (909KB, 3629x2419px) Image search: [Google]
le_nugget.jpg
909KB, 3629x2419px
>>34083386
>How long do you think that will continue to be the case?
Forever, once we unite with our brothers-from-another-motherland.
>>
Do they even make 54r anymore?
>>
File: thirsty_Maxim_in_Ukraine.jpg (182KB, 2048x1433px) Image search: [Google]
thirsty_Maxim_in_Ukraine.jpg
182KB, 2048x1433px
>>34083416
>Do they even make 54r anymore?
>>
>>34083440
>warzones with poor people in it using old guns
Gee golly, how shocking
That doesn't say anything.
>>
>>34083460
yes russiam military still has a lot of guns that use it
>>
>>34082135
>just bought an m44 for 275
I suddenly feel cheated.
>>
File: IMG_1221.jpg (176KB, 1024x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1221.jpg
176KB, 1024x552px
>>34083316
I'll also point out that there are also collectors (okay, these are the weirder kind of collectors but yeah, they exist) that go for the least matching most oddball beat to shit trench arted up cleaned with piss and oil bore-like-a-shotgun surplus rifles.

I do, for one.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.