[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alabama operators report in 334 here. I've got a hay field

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: bama.jpg (258KB, 941x960px) Image search: [Google]
bama.jpg
258KB, 941x960px
Alabama operators report in

334 here. I've got a hay field we could use for a meet and shoot if we get enough interest
>>
>>34081227
Warrior
>>
File: 1493672922969.jpg (245KB, 900x891px) Image search: [Google]
1493672922969.jpg
245KB, 900x891px
>>34081227

Huntsville here.

Can anyone adequately explain why this shit hole doesn't have better/more accessible public range facilities? Your choices are: 1)damn near Decatur or 2)damn near Scottsboro 3)range officer fuckery of the third fudd kind to shoot at Sharon Johnston Park. Probably why there is almost zero competitive shooting in the area.

I have heard there will be a new indoor range called Bullet and Barrel at the corner of Leeman Ferry Road & Johnson Road but IDGAF about indoor. I likes to choot outside.
>>
>>34081726
Its not a shit hole. Calling your home a shit hole makes you come off as a immature and whiny.
Rocket city practical shooters is a big club with a very nice facility and does almost any shooting sport you can think of, and Brocks gap training facility in Birmingham is the same.

They're just very exclusive and selective in membership, and for good reason. Members are allowed to bring guests, and that's how you start into becoming a member.

If you don't come off as immature and whiny, maybe somebody would invite you.
>>
File: IMG_0228.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0228.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34081726
Chilton here, range? The nieghborhood dogs work just fine for me, sell em to the poor ass chink resturant in town. Me an the boys pop some cold ones after the neighbors chicken fight and take turns bump firing century aks in the air.
>>
>>34081845
My nigga
>>
>>34081896
You implying something there? You even own a gun motherfucker?
>>
>>34081818
I'm not really interested in competitive shooting, just interested in the facilities more competitive shooting could bring to the area.

I also have zero time to kiss anyone's ass over having a place to shoot. I go to the range to get my shit done for the week and gtfo. I purposely work my schedule so I can go on a week day because the weekends at Swan Creek can be total shit shows and I really have to want to shoot farther than 100yds to drive out to Skyline. It'd be nicer if I didn't have to budget an hour plus of drive time to get it done. I realize it could be worse but that doesn't change wishing it were better.

I am super jelly of the facility at Talledega. I am pretty sure that not having a convenient spot to shoot long-range rifle with electronic scoring is the primary source of my butthurt.
>>
>>34081726
Because it's Alabama. I just shoot off my back porch
>>
File: IMG_0058.jpg (70KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
70KB, 580x387px
>>34081916
Why even bother with shooting ranges? Why not go inna woods somewhere find a nice spot and go plinking
>>
>>34081933
HELL YEAH, calls your next door family over and you got it made!
>>
>>34081933
That's one thing I love about this state
>>
>>34081942
Because I don't live in southern Alabama or the western US?

There is nowhere to go innawoods and shoot up here that is public land. I'd be thrilled for someone to come along and tell me where they go innawoods and shoot on public land in the Huntsville area because I'm pretty sure that place doesn't exist.
>>
>>34081972
That's your problem right there you want someone to go out and hold your hand. Get the fuck out there half the fun is finding the place
>>
>>34081986
>doesn't recognize sarcasm.

I already know there is nowhere to shoot innawoods on public land because I have lived here for 30+ years and watched all the spots disappear. I was first taught to shoot at the age of 5 in the rock quarry off of Jordan lane which will only mean something to you if you are familiar with the area.

People in lower Alabama don't realize that Huntsville is not like the rest of the state because of all the govt jobs and transplants we have. It's getting worse every year. We're not quite at Austin levels of blue-state invasion fuckery but it's coming. 10-15years at most at current rate of influx imo.
>>
>>34082023
Then why bother to hold out when you can see the bullshit from a mile off?
>>
>>34082047
Because by the time it gets unbearable I will be hitting retirement and can move to some other part of Alabama. I already have a place on Smith Lake I just don't get to go more than a few times a year.
>>
>>34082114
The hell kind place to shoot is that? Bet you are a yanky faggot
>>
>>34081845
https://huntsville.craigslist.org/spo/6100936927.html
>>
>>34081726
Huntsville fag here too. I always go to skyline because I like the drive in my car and its usually not busy. But I definitely miss going to warrior ranch when I was still in tuscaloosa. That steel out to 375 yds was fantastic.
>>
>>34081726
'Bamafag here.
Just got back from the CASC show in the VBC.
Picked up a Hakim for $325+two AK-74 mags and an FAL bolt.
I was had but I still got it cheaper than anywhere else I could find one.

Anyways, just go to swan creek like the rest of us.
Fuck LRG. Their asses don't want my money then they don't need it.
>>34082146
>Yankee faggot
Watch it, dickhead.
A good chunk of the reason you're employed is from the north.
>>
Auburn here, would be down for a meetup.
>>
>>34081227
Bumping for VBC gunshow bullshit.
>>
>>34083597
Just learnt the hard way why manually lowering the bolt on a hakim is a really fucking bad idea.

Currently typing with my left hand.
>>
>>34083597
>>34084406
That vbc gun show was a crock of shit. Just a bunch of overpriced shit. Especially AR parts. Saw some Arisakas for about $400-$500 but I have no interest in one
>>
>>34085140
That kid with the cigar box rig had some cool shit and cheap prices...
Damn shame I didn't have anything in 8x56r or 7.5 French.
I also missed out on the .303 British sadly.
>>
>>34085249
What was that guy selling? I saw him walking around but honestly didn't pay any attention to him
>>
>>34085307
He had some AK-74 mags, some K31/Schmidt Rubin clips, and some 8x56r, but I caught him fairly early on.
He also had a bunch of boxes of 7.5 French, which was actually French for once.

The k31 clips were $3/1 or 2 for $5 though, so I bought some.
>>
>>34085381
Well fuck. I would have liked some of those k31 clips although I've got a couple of the plastic ones. Oh well
>>
>>34085941
I only bought two, and he still had a ton last I saw.
He seems to show up every show, 'cause this is the third time I have seen him.
Either check tomorrow or wait til the next show man.
>>
Any decent ranges or public land down in Mobile? Thinking of getting my ccw due to recent strings of b&es.
>>
>>34081227
Stop fucking your sister.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.