[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when you don't wanna work with the degree you just spent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5

File: 420_ayy_lmao.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
420_ayy_lmao.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>when you don't wanna work with the degree you just spent 4 years and $12k if loans getting
Where can I get a gun, cheap?
>>
>>34080768
Literally anywhere. Have you checked a gun store yet?
>>
>>34080768
Please kill yourself via some other method. Helium is pretty cheap
>>
>>34080768
How does a person spend four years doing something before realizing they dont want to do it?
>>
gun store maybe, or your local armslist
>>
>>34080768
pawn shop
>>
>>34081452
I had nothing else to do
>>
>>34080768
The military gives you a gun
And also lots of money

I did the same thing. Fucked up with my degree choice.
Trading it in for a nice officer position.
>>
>>34082043

Well you spent plenty of time being retarded apparently. Go do it anyway, whats it going to hurt?
>>
>>34082043
Go fight against ISIS with the Kurds, it'll be fun
>>
>>34082064
It seems he doesnt want to take responsibility for his choices. And also, am I the only person who thinks $12,000 isn't as bad as OP makes it out to be? There are plenty of people who have raked up tons more loan for a useless degree.
>>
>>34080768
just do it pussy you make money and then you can spend the money on a nice gun to kill yourself

or maybe to pay off your tiny 12k loan.
>>
>>34082092
Yeah $12k is basically nothing OP needs to stop being a pussy.
>>
I don't know what else to do
>>
>>34080768

Wait yoy wanna kys? Be a robber? Or just giving a shitty life story and also asking about cheap guns?
>>
>>34080768
Stop being bad with your money, also you can get guns cheap anywhere.
>>
File: 1486829274072m.jpg (121KB, 678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486829274072m.jpg
121KB, 678x1024px
>>34082092
>>34082107
If it's nothing to you lads I've got 12K debt you can have have and/or a PayPal you could send cash to.
>>
>>34083456
Unfuck yourself.
>>
>12k loans

Nigger that's like 3 months of work
>>
>>34083456
just work you fucking pussy

have you never had a goddamn job before? this is the best possible time to pay off your debt, when you have no obligations or dependents.
>>
>>34083456
The median household income in the United States is above 30k a year.

You could easily pay off your debt if you'd stop sucking dick for a while.

Go get six figures in student debt and then come back here.
>>
>>34080768
So youre gona an hero? Why not just try to do what you want to without the degree and then an hero if you end up failing.
>>
>>34085069
I have a degree
>>
>I don't want the job I specialized for
>I'm going to kill myself and become an anti-gun statistic
What could possibly be so bad as a career you'ld kill yourself over it besides some bullshit like death camp or NK level hard labor?

And you don't want to do it? Nigga, noone wants to work. If I could, I'd sit at home playing video games and shooting all day. I don't fucking want to work, but I still do it. There are plenty of unpleasant things in life; You have to work, give a bit of your money to other people, you missed the dinosaurs, and 2d girls will never be real. Face reality and deal with it like everyone else.
>>
>>34085081
Obviously not in literacy.
Just because you you a degree doesn't mean you have to use it. There are plenty of other things you can do in life without a degree
>>
>>34085131
But why?
>>
>>34085081
Yea i get that. What is it you want to do then anon?
>>
>>34085144
>>34085152
If it was a job that didn't even require a degree I'd definitely kill myself
>>
>>34085147
Because no matter how shitty you think your life is, there are millions of people who have been through worse and gotten through it. Harden the fuck up. Let the shitty things give you an appreciation for the good things.
>>
>>34085162
MOTHER FUCKER WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?! Maybe this stupid shit is why you have a degree in shit you dont want to do anon. Answer the fucken question.
>>
>>34080768
Usually Trayvon have one.

Don't tell him i tell u boutem.
>>
>>34085175
>other people suffer so you have no right to feel bad
Uh, ok
>>
>>34085181
Yea thats some stupid fucken logic there.
>>
>>34085176
I don't know if I had an answer I wouldn't be thinking of killin myself would i
>>
File: 1494299067002.jpg (86KB, 610x660px) Image search: [Google]
1494299067002.jpg
86KB, 610x660px
OP, do you want to work at all?
What kind of degree did you get?
Do you know what happens when you press f12 in browser and how to use that?
>>
Holy shit op you're a fucking faggot
Neck yourself in the woods, don't put another human through the disgrace of taking out the trash of your left behind carcass
>>
>>34085197
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time anon?
>>
>>34085181
Feeling negative emotions when the world slaps you in the face with misfortune is fine. Acting on your hurt fee fees is foolish. We're sheltered as kids and told everything is perfect and we can do anything. We're protected from any pain or anything that could hurt or confuse us, and when we grow up we're not prepared for how cruel the world is. Once you accept the fact that there are things you don't like and you will have to deal with them, you can focus on enjoying the rest of it. The world is equal parts good and bad.
>>
>>34085181
No, other people have had it worse and gotten better, so you can too
>>
>be retarded
>get degree in field you don't want to work in
>would rather die than work in a field that requires no degree

Get a different degree or kill yourself faggot.

>hurr which gun should I buy to off myself?

Shove a horse dildo up your ass and jump off a bridge.
>>
>>34085224
Lul you know people who grew up abused as kids an hero all time time right? Those fuuks still had it better starven marvin, but you gona tell them that they shouldnt act on it because while their parents may have used them as a personal punching bag they still got to eat and sleep in a house?
>>
What is the field for the degree you have that you don't want a career in?
>>
>>34085220
Playing a 15 year old party game for children competively
>>34085264
Computer science
>>
>>34085260
And many of them have also overcome it. Many have simply gotten through it and had issues that stayed with them for the rest of their lives as well. All it takes is to decide you're better than your problems and have a bit of luck at some point.
>>
>>34085273
Specify. Programming? I could absolute understand why you would hate that, but the whole field is so broad I have a hard time believing there's nothing at all you could at least tolerate. Why does it even matter anyway? You still have all the time you're not working.
>>
>>34085273
Find something you enjoy and are passionate about and do it. Also as a CPS major how the fuck did you not know you would hate this field? What dont you like about it?
>>
>>34085306
>>34085320
I like Cs but hated programming, it was just a thing I did to pass. If I had to do it for a job ID kill myself.

I don't know what I can do that isn't programming
>>
>>34085337
Anon you dont need to do programming with a cs degree. I work IT with mine there are plenty of non programming focused jobs that you can get with a cs degree look for them. Dont an hero
>>
>>34085337
You can easily take a comptia A+ class and get a job as a support technician or something else. It's a lot more engaging. You have different work every day, you get to go around different sites and offices rather than stare at lines of code all day looking for one snytax error, and sometimes there's a lot of downtime where you can just do whatever. You also get to laugh at stupid problems like someone with their cursor at the end of a word document complaining that their delete key isn't working, or someone calling you about losing a 60 page report that they never saved over the entire day they worked on it over a crash.

I assume you took enough basic computer classes before going into your degree specialized classes to easily transition to anything you want in IT.
>>
>>34085375
Exactly. An heroing because you dont want to program with a cs degree would be a huge mistake.
>>
>>34085390
>>34085362

What does working.it even mean.
It was looked so down upon by some of the snobs in my classes.
Is it minimum wage?
What exactly do you do and how can I look attractive
>>
>a weeb doesn't want to work
in other news water is wet
>>
>>34080768
>complaining about only $12k in loans
Get on my level, I have WAY more than that.
>>
>>34085409
IT is broad. It can basically mean everything having to do with computers in an organization, or simple, specialized things.

In my particular case I just support and resolve issues with everything. New guy? Set him up a computer. Hardware or software problems? I go fix. Replacing equipment with new stuff, wiring cables through walls and ceilings. Managing user accounts and passwords. It's literally different every day.

I'll give those snobs that programming is a lot harder, but honestly it takes a lifeless robot to do that shit. I'd kill myself too if I was told I'd have to program for the rest of my life.

It typically starts at 12$ an hour or so, and if you're the head hancho you can probably get 60-80k a year just for simple stuff like this on salary. Then there's shit like network administration that can easily hit 6 figures. Programming can probably make you a lot more money, but that money comes at the expense of your soul.

Certifications and experience. A+ alone gets an employer wet. Network+ and security+ and you can probably get any job you want. If you build your own computer or fix shit for friends/family on the side, especially for cash, it looks good as well. Degrees aren't really that big in this field. I only have an associates.
>>
>>34085409
What does working IT mean? Also the cs majors who look down on IT are fucking retards. I make 70k to work IT support at a car company and do almost nothing. There are so many jobs in it and CS though. Theres networking, server, help desk, on site techs, etc etc. And no IT is not min wage. Honestly IT and CS are only split up because both are so broad as it is having them as one degree would be insane. Also most companies hire you for cs jobs or IT jobs regardless of which degree you have.
>>
>>34085460
I should also mention that there are some low level jobs like call centers where all you do is reset a password, ask if its turned on and plugged in, or tell people to go to speedtest.com. That's some burgerflipper tier work. Find a college or business or large center where many people are employed and look to be the guy that actually goes around doing shit by hand. It's fun as hell.

Also I get to fuck with people's stuff at randfom. I usually rename google chrome to google shiny and chrome. Maybe change a few system sounds like making error sounds a bike horn, or a rubber duck squeek.
>>
>>34085460
I got a bs and anon is right OP. Whats matters most in this field is that when you show up at the job you can do your job. I programmed for a while and all they cared about was that the code ran and ran well not what my degree was.
>>
>>34085460
>>34085463
Thanks you guys have honestly changed my life.

So where do I go from here then.

I have to get certs to bolster my cs degree?

I'd maybe be interested in networking.

And also in what >>34085460 does
The variety sounds like it'd be good.
>>
>>34085490
Your god damn right it is, but getting paid 70k for burgerflippen work has never felt so good.
>>
>>34085494
The guy who does work for the local sheriff's office shows up like 3 hours a week to fix problems that occur during the week, and gets 180$ an hour for it.
>>
>>34085506
Look for A+ minimum. Take a class at a community college for like 400$ or so if you can. and sign up for it and take the proctored test at said college. It costs money to take it, but a college can usually get you a discount, ontop of teaching you how to pass it. Certs are expensive, but for good reason.

And yes, variety is good. I've had several weeks in a row where all i was doing was setting up computers, I've had days where I fix 10 different things in different buildings in a day, and I've had days where I get zero calls and just watch youtube videos all day. Because it's usually different work all the time I'm a lot more focused and engaged in my job.
>>
>>34085506
Thats a great place to start. In the mean time while you work on certs look around for what you can find. You could easily work a call center job resetting passwords while you get certs to work networking etc.
>>
>have electrical engineering degree
>work in NY for MTA basically troubleshooting train equipment
>fucking tired of NY but my job is understandably niche and not really much else I could do
>really want to live in a free state

How could I get into IT in another state? I hear all these wonder stories about making 6 figures doing nothing all day but like all things that probably requires extreme luck. I'd also not want a huge downgrade in salary but maybe unavoidable? Call center sounds like suicide-tier.
>>
>>34085579

Don't forget to factor in the difference of cost in living if you're moving from NY to somewhere less fucked. You could potentially take a pay cut yet live the same or more comfortably elsewhere.
>>
>>34085579
Move to MI and work for one of the big three or dow. Ann arbor also has a google location and grand rapids has steel case and plenty of other shit. Also our roads are shit and its cold as fuck.
>>
>>34085777

Of course, but right now I make $80k and don't need to do much work. Going to $12 an hour working in a call center where I want to blow my brains out would still suck dicks.

I still think IT is the closest analogue to what I do right now, just would hopefully like to avoid the sucky entry level shit.

>>34085788

No way in hell I'd work at Google even if I wanted to.

Basically if I got some certs on my spare time, combined with my vaguely related EE degree and 4 years or so of a technical support type job (except working on trains instead of computers and networks), think I could transition easily to something in IT and not need to start right at the bottom?
>>
>>34083456
fuck off, you have no idea of where you're going in life, wasted 4 years for $12K debt, and now begging for advise and cash.
>>
>>34085273
Start a YouTube channel and steam yourself playing it.
>>
>>34080768
Rope is cheap nigga
>>
>>34085131
>noone wants to work
This
The whole point of getting a degree is to get a high paying and fairly cushy job you can retire from faster than lower income jobs, who the fuck actually wants to spend 5 days out of the week waking up early to go do some boring ass shit for 8 hours and be forced to do all their chores on the two days they have off?
>>
>>34085337
QA, product management, database analysis, devops
>>
>>34080768
>Buy a hunting rifle and a cabin in the middle of some buttfuck nowhere woods
>Sell all your shit and move into the cabin
>Use chopped wood to heat house, hunt and forage for food
There, you never have to work again; no bills, no groceries.
>>
>>34085817
Go straight electrician. You work outside, still have to troubleshoot and build, etc.

I did hardware troubleshooting and repair. I much prefer being an electrician.

Find an IBEW and try to apprentice
>>
>>34085131
>you missed the dinosaurs
fuck,
>>
How much does a "college" edumakshun cost in the US? $12k in debt is like a third of UK 4yr degrees.

Or is it didgeridolla/maple bucks?
>>
>>34089476
Depends on the degree and the University/college in question. I've got about 60k in debt from a pre-law degree, but I go to a pretty decent school.
>>
>>34085131
>2d girls will never be real
over the line
>>
>>34083456
Join the national guard or military. They give $20,000 sign on bonus
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/
>>
>>34085273
Jesus Christ dude there is so much you can do with a computer science degree.

I know people who after graduation went on to work in the broadcast industry and they spend they days doing color correction for TV broadcasts, starting out at 40-50k a year easily.

Network administration as well. You litretally dick around on the internet most of the time and just monitor the network to make sure nothing goes wrong. Easy money with a degree. Get in touch with your school's career program they can help you find something that you want to do.

IT is a huge field you can use your degree in. I worked A+ certificated computer technition for several years. Laid back job, sat around at desks fixing computers when they came in, working at Apple. It's not bad at all.

Switched to backend programing, and was going Gunsmithing as well. Ended up switching full time into gunsmithing for several years and then went into software engineering once I landed a senior position, and now make more money than I know what to do with it.

It's easy to pay off you loans when you are making money and you dedicate some good time as a single person to paying them off. Live with some roommates to keep costs down, drive a beater car or van that is cheap to insure.

The loans will be gone in no time.
>>
shit man even if you're totally fucked like why would you kill yourself

why not go do something crazy go to guatemala or some shit go fight terrorists and be the guy they interview on the primetime news

literally there is so much cool shit you could be doing if you had nothing left to lose, i envy you mate, take advantage of your situation and unfuck yourself
>>
>>34089905
>>34089905
This, go to Ukraine and join the rebels and fight in a war.

Or will the Kurds in Iraq and Syria
>>
>>34080768
$12K for a degree is dirt cheap, you can pay that off within 5 years of just fucking showing up to work at an entry-level position. pay off your debt and look at another degree/trade to go into
>>
>>34090592
>12k of debt is dirt cheap
>>
>>34091572
Comparatively to other people it's pretty low. Most people I know got around 50k
>>
>>34091572
12k is cheap as fuck.
I'm gonna have $25,000 of debt. But I'm also going to make enough money to not have to care how much debt I have as long I keep it below like $120,000
>>
>>34091586
>>34092057
Lol ok
>>
>>34080768
qt
>>
>>34080768
Don't even put that energy into the air about you KYS. Your still young AF. You have a lot of misery and happiness coming your way.
>>
>>34083580
>You could easily pay off your debt if you'd stop sucking dick for a while.
>you'd stop sucking dick for a while.

He could pay off the debt faster sucking dick for 50 bucks a pop a day for 9 months.
>>
>>34080768
>Third year in mechanical engineering
>Don't feel like doing it anymore
>Studying is a hassle
>Constantly tired
>In fact, don't feel like doing anything except use the computer, and even then there's barely anything to do in it
>Local range is still having problems with ammo shortage after 1+ year of problems with the feds during relocation
>Want to die out of pure boredom and lack of desire to do anything
How do I escape this hell? Through a noose?
>>
KILL SELF
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.