[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK fag, thinking about buying guns, joining a club, etc. Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13

File: Are Nige.png (479KB, 565x450px) Image search: [Google]
Are Nige.png
479KB, 565x450px
UK fag, thinking about buying guns, joining a club, etc.

Anyone willing to help me out regarding legal stuff and health and safety? There's a couple of local gun stores, I could probably ask them in person.

What the law's opinion regarding deactivated weapons? Thinking about purchasing historical stuff.

Also what is the site "gunstar"? It's very easily accessible via google, but it's odd.

You probably get these threads a lot, I apologise in that regard.
>>
>>34080695
Burger here. I was reading a lot of stuff recently on if I moved to tea and krumpets land, how could manage as a gun enthusiast or even simply a gun owner. Few things I found out:

1) you need a safe for both your funs and your ammo and they can't be in the same room and they can't be where visitors usually travel. Good example would be to just put one in the closet and one in the closet's bedroom or two closets in the bedroom if you have 2
2) youre only allowed 1000 rounds of any caliber up to 50bmg. 1001 and youre done for m80
3) I see you're good on the club part if you can find one to let you in. From what I hear, it's hard. After that though, just keep your psych exam checked out and youre good for your shotgun and firearms licenses. I'm not sure about the different classifications of licenses. I think they go from type 1 to 5, and 5 I think covers SA centerfire, maybe. Research moar
4) 22lr is the only viable semi-auto round you can have if you want SA funs. Idk much about the other rimfires, but they're good too for the most part. Reason why is because rimfire cases can't be reused like centerfire cases can
4a) reusing your (centerfire) cases is illegal. You have to buy new ammo, every time. Period.
5) carrying is illegal unless it's in a case to be carried to its usage spot. Research moar
6) funs with barrels under 30.5cm and overall length under 61cm are illegal unless theyre black powder. There are absurd mods to standard pistols you can make to fit these requirements. Research moar
7) centerfire calibers can't be semi-auto. You'd need to get a special permit for it and yeah, it's pretty much a fruitless endeavor so, stick with things like the straight pull lever mods, Troy PAR AR-15, VZ58 MARS, etc
>>
>>34081003
Man, I really like the sound of people having to put in an ounce of effort to own guns. Banning the big scary ones is fucking stupid. But the whole "get a mental health exam to own a gun" thing is great. Too bad that infringes.
>>
File: 1473533197760.jpg (12KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1473533197760.jpg
12KB, 480x358px
>>34081112
REEEEEEE GET OUT!!!!
>>
>>34081112
I really don't. Everyone should have guns. Period. If psycho bob is gonna go on a rampage then the 30 ppl he's planning to shoot up with their 30 or more carried guns with take him out before he does any real damage. Hell, take away the guns, and he can easily do MORE damage by just running a group of ppl over and then stabbing all the slow, weakfags he can. And how do you know he didn't just lie on his psych exam anyways? And if you just install ridiculous tax stamps on ppl trying to get them or tax the every living shit out of manufacturers to jack up their prices, only the rich can afford to defend themselves and psycho bob could just save up ever penny he has for one to do since damage to all the poorfags who can't afford one. Gun control of any kind is detrimental for all.
>>
>>34081003

I believe shotguns licenses are shall-issue, so OP shouldn't have a problem acquiring one.
>>
>>34081233
I have him a very skin and bones breifing. Chances are he abandoned thread already since no one posted and it took me forever to type all that and double check. He needs to research moar and fact check me
>>
>>34081003
cheers
>>
>>34081003
> no centerfire semi auto

That bites. What about revolvers? I think OP if he was still in the thread should get a revolver
>>
>>34080695
If you want a fun in the UK without people thinking you're a psychopath then I'm afraid it's fud guns for you. SMLE's and Mosins are the best you can hope for really.
>>
>>34081112
You don't want to see the federal government's idea of a mental health exam. You especially don't want to see it after a few revisions from a possible later liberal administration.
>>
>>34081112
The problem occurs when a liberal psychologist doesn't like guns and decides to declare anyone who wants guns as insane.
>>
>>34081112
Do you post on notorious hate sites like fourchan.org? Disqualified.
>>
>>34082274
Your browsing history will not be accessed, as that is for a much higher level of clearance that the police are not given access to. It also costs thousands of pounds and would be prohibitive considering the 2 million legal gun owners in the UK.
>>
Scotland - Don't bother.
Wales - Good to go
England - As Wales, but varies from county to county
NI, Channel Islands, Isle of Man - Best.

>>34081003
>reusing your (centerfire) cases is illegal

It is not.
>>
File: 1495755478513.jpg (118KB, 627x477px) Image search: [Google]
1495755478513.jpg
118KB, 627x477px
>>34081112
>>
>>34081192
Definitely true, that's why America has such a low gun killing rate in comparison with the rest of the world

Regulation blatantly doesn't work, look at all those people getting shot in Australia and the UK and the rest of Europe compared to the low, low murder rate in America
>>
>>34081741

To be fair, they are still pretty fun to shoot. Anything bolt action is pretty much good to go, so you can get the cutting edge precision stuff, too.

Nothing wrong with getting proficient in the art of long-range precision shooting.
>>
>>34081003
there's no law at all in the UK about point 1, it's a generic "keep out of reach of others", which is a very flexible thing
>>
>>34082435
related

Condition 4 (a)
“The firearms and ammunition [or shotguns] to which the certificate relates must at all times (except in the circumstances set out in paragraph (b) below) be stored securely so as to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, access to the firearms or ammunition by an unauthorised person.”

Condition 4 (b)
“Where a firearm or ammunition [or shotgun] to which the certificate relates is in use or the holder of the certificate has the firearm with him for the purpose of cleaning, repairing or testing it or for some other purpose connected with its use, transfer or sale, or the firearm or ammunition is in transit to or from a place in connection with its use or any such purpose, reasonable precautions must be taken for the safe custody of the firearm or the ammunition.”

what's what bong law says
safes or separate storage and stuff like that are NOT lawful and if police won't let you get a gun because of it, then take them in court

it's been done before and more people need to start doing it
>>
File: IMG_0327.jpg (102KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0327.jpg
102KB, 500x610px
>UKfags and their faggot .22 bolt actions
>>
>>34080695

Fellow Brit fag here. I got my shotgun License last year and have just put in for my firearms License

Visit you local police forces website and the shotgun application form and firearms forms are on there. Just print them off and fill them and dont forget your cheque and 4x passport photos.

Get yourself a gun safe from ebay. A three gun one is around £80 GDK trading sell lots of them.
You will need to bolt it too your wall. They come with the bolts and raw plugs but sometimes they can be cheap but you can get what you need from B&Q

I had some lessons at my local clay ground to get some know how and how to handle a shotgun.
When the FEO visits you it sounds better if you can say you have had some lessons and he will ask you a few gun safety related questions.

For a referee i used my doctor as i've known him for years and he is also a keen shooter himself so that helps.
But you could use your boss at work or your local mechanic etc.

Any more questions just fire away. I think for historical weapons they come under a different license.
>>
File: l30a1.jpg (494KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
l30a1.jpg
494KB, 1680x1050px
>>34082602
> TFW you can legally own a 120mm tank gun
> legally a single shot rifle
http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/default.asp?ID=581&CB=5%2F27%2F2017+9%3A55%3A20+PM
http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/default.asp?ID=592&CB=5%2F27%2F2017+9%3A55%3A20+PM
https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/steyr-mannlicher-hs-50-m1-multishot-50-bmg

>>34081003
point 2 depends on the force, my FAC doesn't say shit about max ammo, and seeing as how in the UK you don't even require an FAC to even buy ammo.
point 4a is utter bollocks you can buy spents with the intent to reload
http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/reloading_bullets.html
http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/reloading_cases.html
Point 5 is also bollocks you can open carry pistols in northern ireland
>>
>>34082402
>americolonials btfo
>>
>>34082529
I remember reading that before 7/7 there were much fewer gun cabinets around, as it was generally accepted that a home with a strong door and good windows is itself a "safe"

then after the attack they went full retard on the safety, and everyone suggests that stuff even though it's not required by the law
>>
>>34082605
this. thanks for the info. like i said, I'm a burger, and I have trouble keeping up with our laws that are retarded differently here

>>34082771
i read you're only allowed up to and including, but not exceeding 50BMG (non-SA)

>>34082771
>>34082317
from what i read, a long time ago, reusing YOUR brass was illegal. reused brass, sure. It's all constable checked. but yours isn't.

>>34082771
OP is likely in the mainland, not in N Ireland

>>34082602
they can pick .17-.22 Rimfire Semi-Auto or .223 - 50bmg Centerfire non-SA. Idk any brit who uses a .22 bolt action
>>
>>34083029
>i read you're only allowed up to and including, but not exceeding 50BMG (non-SA)

There's a civvy large calibre association that has permission for members to shoot up to 20mm on some MoD ranges.
>>
>>34082402
i got in a scuffle with some sjw britbong a while ago on frakentwitter4chan (candid), and someone brought up a map about violent crimes and death in each and every single EU country and the UK vs just the US alone and used a scale of 0-250 violent crimes each nation succumbs to per year.

Unfortunately for xer, they failed to realize that if any single EU country had an average of 250 violent crimes per year, then it would basically be Somalia.

population UK: 60mil
population US: 360mil
ppl affected by violent criminals in UK: ~1/6 of their population ~ 10mil
ppl affected by violent criminals in US: ~1/6 of their population ~ 60mil

their argument was simply because we have more ppl, ergo proportionally an equal amount of crime to everywhere else, that we're a more violent country and then made a segway to blame it on guns.

tl;dr: nogunizm makes you retarded
>>
File: 20170325_182930.png (66KB, 1080x541px) Image search: [Google]
20170325_182930.png
66KB, 1080x541px
>>34083154
>>34082402
pls tell me you see how this chart is flawed when you account for population size
>>
>>34083208
and this one
>>
>>34083225
derp, wrong one, guess i didnt save it, but lets looks over it anyways
>>
>>34082402
>America has such a low gun killing rate in comparison with the rest of the world

maybe if you are only looking at failed states and third-world shitholes
>>
>>34083269
if you see above US vs UK homicides, the US has about 1 homicides per 734 ppl, the UK about 1 per 620 which is only about an 18% difference in 2012. given the UK has way more rapefugees now, I'm assuming that 18% has shrunk significantly if not reversed
>>
>>34083485
jingoist shitheel is bad at maths

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>34083642
>ad hom and contradiction with no counterargument or refutation back it up
youre in the wrong board >>>/leftypol/
>>
>>34081112
Troll or not, the "mental health exam" argument is a common one. The problem is what >>34081764
says.

To put it simply- bureaucracy loves adding shit. You'll start out with a sensible policy or guideline about something. Then someone trying to justify their existence will add something to it. Then someone who thinks they see a loophole will add something else. Then someone who sees that the loophole cover could be exploited adds something more. Then an empire builder comes along and adds something that needs a whole new department and several additional forms to monitor. Then someone who absolutely hates the thing being overseen comes in and makes all sorts of little rules to try to make it as hard to do as possible.

Finally, a new government dedicated to cutting red tape gets elected. The minister or cabinet member in charge asks why the process is so damned complicated, and the senior civil servant explains why it is so important to stay that way.

Then the elected official asks how it can be simplified, and the civil servant shakes his head sadly and explains that there's no possible way, but in fact, there are a few more things that should be done in order to make it safer and more secure. The minister disagrees and says no.

The next day, a front page story in the most important newspaper details how the minister hates puppies and children and will sentence them to death by not implementing a handful of safe and simple changes to a currently horrendously flawed and dangerous process that oversees a vital function.

Repeat until that government gets thrown out, and then the new government minister adds more rules and regulations, per the advice of his wonderfully expert civil servants.
>>
>>34083485
>UK
he said failed states and 3rd world shitholes
>>
>>34083208
>>34083225
I know we bant you hard about sandniggers and junglebunnies, but your problem is miniscule compared to ours. If that map was adjusted to represent an america that was 80%, not 50% north European, it would be the same, if not less murder. Being rural and being white is the key to not getting shot or stabbed.
>>
File: 1493509425235.png (428KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
1493509425235.png
428KB, 558x744px
>>34081112
Delete this
>>
Cheers, lads.
>>
>>34082977
>muh chillun
>muh "need"
No wonder you limey twats have secret courts in civil law cases, butchered the right to silencen and repealed the law against doubly jeopardy.

Here´s to hoping your overlords rid the law of any and all remaining rights/privileges/freedoms in the name of pragmatism.
>>
>>34087572
What are you talking about?
>>
>>34083728
Very much this
>>
>>34081668
No handguns allowed without an S5 license, but he could get one of the ridiculous ones with a stock and 30cm barrel

S5 is nearly impossible,however you CAN get one for a revolver for deer despatch if you do deer hunting a lot though
>>
File: 1489362019650.png (294KB, 576x188px) Image search: [Google]
1489362019650.png
294KB, 576x188px
>>34081003
See this is why I'm never going to bongland without diplomatic immunity
>>
>>34087921
>What are you talking about?
I spelled it out rather clearly. What part of my reply do you not comprehend?
>>
>>34089054

Ah the old human dispatch pistol. Shame they're limited to two shots though. Never heard of anyone owning one though.
>>
>>34089110
>going to Bongland ever
Fuck that place and the people. Total shit or shite as those zilches say.
>>
>>34090266
Heard rumours/ stories online, heard that was limited to three not two, still bad but its something i suppose
>>
File: ffGGln3.jpg (18KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
ffGGln3.jpg
18KB, 405x405px
>>34081112
SHALL
>>
>>34083485
The UK said they would take in 20,000 refugees from Syria and from UN camps. It didn't, it took far less, even fewer than the USA and the fewest in modern Europe. They recently voted to prevent unaccompanied children into the UK. They have a smaller Muslim population as a percentage than Denmark, Switzerland and Austria.

Do you read everything on /pol/ and believe it?
>>
>>34089054
S5 is not remotely possible for the public and anyone who says they have one does not. I will not give the figure but it's enough to fit in a sunday league football stadium.

Most S5 holders are those who work with full auto and destructive weapons in a civilian capacity. They don't actually own the firearms, they're just deemed to be in legal charge of them. The rest, which is a fraction, are not the sort of people who have friends.
>>
>>34082317
I live in Scotland and I'm interested.
Why don't bother? Are the laws any different?
>>
>>34091760
we ban airguns too.
>>
>>34091769
I've seen plenty of adds warning that you're gonna need a reason to get a licence from now on a couple of months ago but i'm pretty sure they're not banned.
>>
>>34091784
my mistake, i presumed they'd been banned after the wee boy got killed.

https://stv.tv/news/features/1354816-timeline-the-controversial-history-of-airguns-in-scotland/

http://www.scotland.police.uk/about-us/finance/service-fees-and-charges/firearms/air-weapon-licensing/

just seems you need a license for them.
>>
>>34091760
Recreational and sport shooting isn't really a thing in Scotland and the police forces up there are universally and rabidly anti gun. If you're not in the hunting lobby or with a lot of land it's a mind numbing process. Even then you're at odds with the law.

I genuinely cannot see that changing whilst Scotland remains a one party statelet.
>>
>>34083208
>>34083225
What are those numbers like if you don't count niggers?
>>
>>34091847
>if we ignore the data i don't like, it suddenly looks better!
>>
File: 1496001106799.jpg (100KB, 588x706px) Image search: [Google]
1496001106799.jpg
100KB, 588x706px
>>34080695
Here are some sources that I used when applying for a section 1.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1054208/pg1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKGYsuD7MTU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sloROejwO9Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1N5C8s91PI&t=54s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co9Z0xDZJQc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk3IxIjuzVc
Regarding FACs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TYDwV_0aiM

Pic uses AR-15 which isn't legal but under an FAC similar types are like the HK416 or M&P 15-22.
>>
>>34092009
The ar-15 is legal but only in pull form.
>>
>>34092655
with a automatic bold holding open device where the bolt is released with a button or the default switch it is legal because it counts as a manual action
>>
>>34092714
something like that. and they can't be converted from a genuine semi-auto and putting a pull handle on the bolt
>>
>>34092009
Not OP but thanks a ton. Trying to pass my section 2. I'm at the stage where I've installed the gun locker (90 quid off ebay not bad) & am waiting inspection. Any advice on storage of it? I have it currently in an in-built wardrobe, upstairs, in a one windowed room. I'm hoping that'll be enough.
>>
File: CMMG-MK4LE-Focus2.jpg (84KB, 980x574px) Image search: [Google]
CMMG-MK4LE-Focus2.jpg
84KB, 980x574px
>>34092009

Brit spec AR-15 and built by UK company aswell
>>
>>34091858
Ignoring said data makes for a more fair comparison.
>>
>>34094667
That sounds like a good position. Ours is bolted to chimney breast in a similar wardrobe, it passed fine. It needs to be secure and I think out of direct sight so not to encourage thieves, nothing else. Remember that ammo must be kept separate.
>>
>>34094667

I bolted mine to the wall in the cupboard under the stairs. I've bought a 6gun cabinet now though while i await my section 1 firearms.

So long as its bolted to something solid it will pass fine.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.