[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like military parades/drills? I like the sound of syn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: parade.jpg (785KB, 2048x1261px) Image search: [Google]
parade.jpg
785KB, 2048x1261px
Do you like military parades/drills? I like the sound of synchronized footsteps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOTHHnv-ETs
>>
>>34080689
Not really. In boot camp they made drill gay as fuck. Shouting diddies and stupid shit because the average recruit has no sense of rythm.
>>
>>34080701
Pretty much this. When you are the one parading around it's not that funny.
>>
>>34080689
Drill sucks and Is terrible training for modern combat after wwi. The us army doesn't even teach rifle Manuel anymore
>>
>>34080689
They're getting pretty fucking ridiculous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdQsjgdbLc
>>
File: Screenshot (81).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (81).png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>34080789
>formation of two AR bolts

AK BTFO
>>
>>34080719
Isnt it frustrating? Whats so hard about performing 4 steps with even rythm. We would start our slow
>one.....tick...tick...
>two....tick.tick
>threeticktick
>for
>five

I played guitar as a hobby so a platoon of 90 recruits rushing the beat for 3 months straight drove me nuts.

Or the sped who was always out of step. Litteraly the DI tells you what foot to move when.

>>34080769
Marine Crops did rifle manual. We sucked but we did it I guess. We didnt learn the riflemans creed or even learn a functions check though. My Full Metal Jacket and Jarhead larpung was never fullfiled.
>>
https://youtu.be/3HUWUtTZvK4

I do like the sound of marching anon.
>>
>>34080823
Just Imagine the time it took them to train for this instead of doing a million things more useful.
>>
>>34080689
I like the parades. I'm sad that they've kind of gone out of style in our society. I'd love for 4th of July parades to have units from the Army and a couple of armored vehicles in them
>>
Former Armyfag here
FUCK DRILLS!!!
>>
>>34082773
Every time I think about joining the military I change my mind because of drills.
>>
>>34082782
Are you sure it's not because of the soul crushing boredom?
>>
>>34080871
Lets be honest, what the fuck else are they doing during peacetime?
>>
>>34082811
I've been bored all my life so probably not.
>>
>>34082782
>Every time I think about joining the military I change my mind because of drills

Are you sure? marching for hours on end doesn't sound fun?
>>
>>34082822
preparing for wartime?
>>
>>34082782
If you dont wanna join the army because you think drill will be bad, the army aint for you lad. Theres much worse things than drill, e.g sitting in a ditch in the rain for hours on end waiting to do a section attack, sleeping on the floor so you dont have to iron your bed and pillows again for the morning inspection which is then sirupticiously cancelled, getting your bollocks verbally inverted on parade because 'it was your turn'...oh and if you dont like walking around lots in formations around a square, youll hate it when you have to do the same with a plate carrier, rifle, helmet and bergen and a sadistic bastard of a PTI who decides to start running and you have to keep up.
>>
>>34083644
The thing that would bother me most about it is the prancing around like a cheerleader aspect.
>>
>>34083667
> prancing around like a cheerleader

Dont know where you get your info from but that isnt marching mate. Marching is walking with style, and moving a large group of men around in a stylish and professional contingent.

Yes its boring as all hell but there is a certain enjoyment to be had when you all get in time and do it properly without fucking up, and its far more impressive to see a platoon of guys marching down a road in time as opposed to all jangling along doing their own thing. Once you pass out of basic youll hate it but its a necessary evil and normally only reserved for memorials and other shite.
>>
>>34083667
If you do join that mentality will quickly switch from "I don't wanna look gay lol" to "god damnit this is such a fucking waste of my time".
>>
>>34083717
This, but its all about playing the game. Everything you do is just checking boxes and playing the game.
>>
File: 1391588664318.png (153KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
1391588664318.png
153KB, 500x566px
>>34083717
I just wanna shoot jihadists
Is it really too much to ask?
>>
>>34083717
I always enjoyed it. Except for sword drill. Fuck sword drill.
>>
>>34083759
Well unless you go SEALs or 18x or whatever, the closest youll come to slotting floppies will be polishing dirt and mopping up rain.
>>
>>34083759
Join the Air Force and become an RPA pilot

Your Achmed kill count will be in the triple digits after a couple years
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.