[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do women who train self defense almost never carry knives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 14

File: self-defense-knife-laws.jpg (666KB, 1500x1038px) Image search: [Google]
self-defense-knife-laws.jpg
666KB, 1500x1038px
Why do women who train self defense almost never carry knives?

>Be 6'3 tall athletic european male living in a low crime city
>Confident in being able to fend off unarmed attackers because i did a bit of boxing as a teenager
>Some people are being rude at the bar, ask them to calm down
>A guy gets in my face but does nothing
>Go to the bathroom
>Get punched in the back of my head and lose balance
>Try to get up in a small space but i keep being stomped on
>Pull out my pocket knife and stab the guy in the leg
>Manage to get up and overpower him

No matter what techniques a woman uses she will go down after one or two punches that she probably won't see coming.

Someone who is that much weaker should not rely on unarmed combat techniques simply because their endurance is so low that one mistake can cost them their lives.
>>
knives are trash tier for self defense, OC spray makes a lot more sense for a woman to carry

or a gun
>>
>>34080538
>>Some people are being rude at the bar, ask them to calm down
Fucking defender of manors
>>Get punched in the back of my head
LOL
>>
>>34080538
>Woman pulls knife on attacker
>Attacker sees her pull the knife
>Grabs her wrist and takes the knife, she can do nothing because low upper body strength
>Attacker now has a free knife while woman is unarmed
Great plan, as the other poster said, guns or spray are much better.
>>
Knives escalate things, and can hurt you too
>>
Basically knives are weapons that require skills and training, so the average Joe shouldn't use it for self defense.

And almost nobody teaches knives fighting technique nowadays except HEMA and the military.
>>
>>34080538
Because knives are for opening boxes. Guns are for self defense.
>>
Are you being sexist OP? I'll have you know that some women somewhere on the planet would probably win in a fight against the average neck beard.
>>
File: IMG_0336.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>34080538
Faggot
>>
File: GlockPerfektion.jpg (13KB, 306x204px) Image search: [Google]
GlockPerfektion.jpg
13KB, 306x204px
>>34080590
>Because knives are for opening boxes. Guns are for self defense.
Guns are for opening boxes.
>>
>>34080545
>>34080562
> not suggesting only guns
If that nigger attacked a girl this time, he's probably attacked before and will more than likely attack again. He's lost all self control to act civilly and peacefully around his own species, thus devolving his own mental state of being into a primal one; he's not human anymore.

There is no room in the temple of God for animals; the only purpose they serve is for slaughter.

Shoot him. Kill him. Spare no mercy
>>
File: IMG_0335.jpg (75KB, 496x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.jpg
75KB, 496x501px
>>34080601
>>
>>34080594
> exception, not the rule; the post

Women just arent meant to take bangs; less dense bones, lower muscle mass, less testosterone etc etc.

Theres a video of the no1 female arm wrestling champion going into some random bar at midday and gets beaten by every guy she challenges, despite them all being old, fat and drunk.

Why do you think injury rates for females are so much higher in military training? Its biology m8.
>>
>>34080601
>Punched in back of head
>Shoot him. Kill him. Spare no mercy
Enjoy your time in front of a jury of (((peers)))
>>
File: 1495469067352.jpg (175KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
1495469067352.jpg
175KB, 1024x887px
>>34080601
>>
>>34080538

knives are too close

some females i know carry small 22/25 pistols because the kind of clowns they deal with are usually scared of getting shot, ie. johns vs monster aggros
>>
>>34080632
Excuse me?
>>
File: GlockPerfektion.jpg (150KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
GlockPerfektion.jpg
150KB, 323x450px
>>34080538
Pic related
>>
>>34080632
Someone must have been incredibly butthurt to take the time to make this.
>>
>Getting involved when people are just acting like jackasses and not doing anything illegal.
Sounds like a great way to get yourself killed by a lunatic.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40070319

Believe in the way of nacho.
>>
>>34080613
> get suckerpunched
>assailants take advantage
> don't know when they'll stop, probably never and they'll just kill you or leave you for dead and rob you
> life or death/ fight or flight instincts now in effect
> use fetal position to conceal draw
> empty the damn mag. Double tap if you can
> cops show up
> face and body are fucked the hell up
> medics say you'll need stitches and that you have a concussion
> get out of jail free self-defense pass: granted
This can work for males and females alike

Way2go for not even reading the post you fuggin idiot. The dick didn't come up and flick the back of his ear and walk away, they were curb stomping his ass

>inb4 britbong/ eurofag nogunz cucks
You all deserve to die anyways for your cuckery, so sorry, can't help you here
>>
>>34080646
>>34080650
I'll say. I said niggers cuz really those are the only ones who'd more than likely chimp out like this. If you were in New Jersey, yeah, I could see the chances of some trailer trash meth head doing this going significantly up, but let's be real here.
>>
>>34080585
>Basically guns are weapons that require skills and training, so the average Joe shouldn't use it for self defense.
>>
>>34080686
>Way2go for not even reading the post you fuggin idiot. The dick didn't come up and flick the back of his ear and walk away, they were curb stomping his ass
You are the fucking idiot
He can't kill all
The others will testify that OP started it
Duh
>>
>>34080710
Guns require less skill and knives, and there are classes that teach how to use guns quite readily.
>>
>>34080711
Asking someone to calm down isn't escalating shit, in fact it's the opposite. Literally requesting less douche-faggotry only to receive more to the back of the head minutes later.
Also, continued stomping upon a downed person has been interpreted as attempted murder in many cases before.
>>
>>34080711
>coroner does autopsy report
> finds no signs of trauma, lacerations, or any marks of any kind of assault other than the bullet wounds
> forensic evidence shows no signs of a struggle up until the altercation in the corner where assault took place
> self defense pass: still granted
Blah blah blah some ad hom blah blah blah. You're not even trying tryhard, so neither am I
>>
>>34080731
>Asking someone to calm down isn't escalating shit
False
>>
>>34080538
Women training for hand to hand self-defense is a pretty stupid concept overall, the physical imbalance is way too high to realistically and reliably overcome. It gives them a false sense of confidence and many of the instructors that are women have never fought a man and if they are men have never fought a woman, meaning they don't realize the reality of the imbalance.

As for knives, they're a retarded choice for self-defence, almost anything else is better.
>>
>>34080736
>> self defense pass: still granted
jury of (((peers))) says otherwise
>>
>>34080650
its a take on the a masked SJW meme
>newbs
alt-righters were supposed to be meme warriors :(
>>
>>34080736
>you are not an attorney
>but you ply one on 4chan
>lawtard
>>
>>34080731
That's as maybe, but the point remains to stay out of other people's shit. If the people are too rowdy, let the bar staff take care of it. If they won't, go to another bar. You getting involved puts you at a huge risk of getting hurt for no fucking reason.

Nacho bar. Nacho problem.
>>
>>34080742
Post your bar exam cert on here with timestamp
>>
>>34080746
women should still be familiar with some basic things that can stop someone who is beating your ass, like stomping on their foot (if you think this isn't going to do anything, have a friend do it and enjoy two days off work), grabbing and wrenching the nuts, and so on.

really women should be trained to not put themselves into a situation where they're going to be assaulted. if you're walking down the street alone and some guy tries to rape you, you're fucked. that problem can be fixed by not walking on the streets alone.
>>
>>34080771
Post yours, asstard
>>
>>34080746
Only physical training women should be doing is glute and leg exercises. Other than that, if they wanna practice for self defense, they should be at the fun range working on drawing and tightening their groupings
>>
>>34080764
>>34080781
You are getting way too worked up on an imageboard to not be 12.
>>
>>34080801
Your favorite ointment after your mommy straps on then tucks you in each night.
>>
>>34080801
So, that's your bar exam?
>>
>>34080610
You are so fucking stupid that it physically hurts me.
>>
>>34080874
> posts no counter argument
> instead only hurls verbal abuse he thinks will have any meaningful impact

By all means, knock yourself out.
>>
Guns>less than lethal>blunt objects>knives.
>>
File: 1449371222720.jpg (1MB, 2712x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1449371222720.jpg
1MB, 2712x1900px
>>34080579
>guns escalate things, and can hurt you too

That's how much of a faggot you sound like.
>>
>>34080585
the military doesn't have anyone who really teaches knife stuff, they find outside contractors to teach it
>>
>>34080545
>unsupported assertations

if you've ever used OC spray on someone at close range you'd know why it's not a replacement for a knife
>>
>>34080954
Well, where can I find these contractors?

Some jungle in the Phillipines?
>>
>gun
>knife

Why not both?
>>
File: 1495601349088.jpg (42KB, 525x916px) Image search: [Google]
1495601349088.jpg
42KB, 525x916px
Abandon thread. Officially overrun by whiteknighting beta cuck naruto-bleach larpers
>>
>>34080538
Female friend carries knife.
She crazy tho.
>>
>>34081628
I carry a knife mostly for utility, but if i get in a fight for my life/wallet you bet im gunna stab a bitch. Im not gunna try and defeat the mugger in a knifefight, im gunna stab his leg and sprint away like a coward.

T. nogunz broke college student in a "urban" town.
>>
File: DSC_1662.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1662.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
>>34080538

Pic related is what I carry on a daily basis for self defense.

I've always carried a knife on me since my teens mostly for utility but also to have an option for self defense just in case. I'd considered concealed carry, but wasn't sure I was up to the responsibility or the extra weight on my person. Then last year I was followed by a guy yelling sexual threats at me when I was walking home from my bus stop after a night shift at work, he cornered me, I pulled out my knife. He backed down but it pushed me over the edge to finally getting my concealed carry permit and I don't regret it. Been carrying for a year now and hit the range 3-4 times per month to practice my defensive handgun. I still carry my knife as a backup, but it's mostly just used for cutting boxes at work.
>>
>>34084375
Look more than adequate, anon.

Cheers.
>>
File: 1488749306230.jpg (84KB, 474x612px) Image search: [Google]
1488749306230.jpg
84KB, 474x612px
>>34080538
>people advocating a knife over a gun because "muh excessive force" when they're both literally lethal force in the eyes of the law.
A stabbed to shit assailant is just as dead as a swiss cheese'd one
>>
>>34084439
Americans are really, really afraid of melee weapons in general.
>>
>>34084455
and euros really can't wait to get into a sword fight.
>>
File: 143534565.png (471KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
143534565.png
471KB, 1000x1000px
>>34084455
Where do euros get silly shit like this?
Have you ever cracked a budk catalog?
>>
>>34084591
When is the last time you guys even get to a melee?

I know the brits and frenchies engaged in bayonet fighting, and the russians are trained with their axe-shovels.
>>
>>34080886
No he's right. The post you replied to is so obviously facetious that, honestly, you should be embarassed that you responded seriously. Let's examine:
>some women somewhere on the planet
This clearly implies that such women are rare to the point of irrelevancy, setting up the fact that what follows is a joke
>would probably
There is a stated lack of certainty in even the hypothetical woman's victory
>win in a fight against the average neck beard.
The choice of an inept weakling (what neckbeard implies) as the opponent, rather than someone who would actually attack a woman, serves as the punchline to the joke. The post essentially says that even the most unusually strong woman would be unlikely to successfully fend off a typical male attacker.

So yeah, you're pretty retarded.
>>
>>34080710
good thing there's plenty of training available for it
>>
>>34080601
>Shoot him. Kill him. Spare no mercy
>>
>>34084455
>Americans are really, really afraid of melee weapons in general.
Anyone in their right mind is afraid of melee combat.
>>
>>34080538
Women shouldn't rely on hand to hand combat period, men tend to have greater reach and dramatically greater strength. Women should simply buy a gun and train at how to shoot attackers in close quarters.
>>
File: 1495738549460.gif (1MB, 200x182px) Image search: [Google]
1495738549460.gif
1MB, 200x182px
>>34080538
I mean where do I start lol...
>You were at a bar with a weapon.
Ok. Iffy, but ok.
>While armed you took it upon yourself to correct someone else's behavior, someone who clearly was of the little-to-no-fucks variety
I see.
>You get donkey punched
Sounds about right
>After a scuffle while getting stomped you manage to pull out a NOW THAT'S NOT.JPG and """"overpower""""
stevensegal.exe

Anyways your completely irrelevant story about unicorns aside, bitches should carry situational awareness and a shooter they've trained in length with. Both. Not one or the other. You should too, apparently lol.

Fucking cringed so hard at this shit hahaha
>>
>>34082201
Was this meant for me?
>>
>>34085536
> being able to identify intonation through typed text, with the spoken tone being key to identifying sarcasm or humour

Welp, I just thought he was retarded. I guess we're both retarded.
>>
>>34080562
so you want the attacker to have a free gun? are you an idiot?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.