[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the border militias' obsession with doing foot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: 20140728_militia4.jpg (288KB, 1705x1136px) Image search: [Google]
20140728_militia4.jpg
288KB, 1705x1136px
What's the border militias' obsession with doing foot patrols? I've been watching Militia Rising and other stuff on the Tube, and while it's obviously edited to be biased and sensational, it became clear that border militias have a fixation on doing foot patrols.

It seems to me that it would make infinitely more sense to set up camouflaged, semi-permanent observation posts. Add in some dedicated night vision and thermal monitoring (some of these dudes clearly already drop cash) and a commo system and you've got a system that makes far better use of limited manpower. It could even be multipled by seeding various trail cams to use for remote surveillance. Sitting on an LPOP doing nothing but watching and being quiet sucks, but it is a lot more likely to get a glimpse of illegal activity.

Or am I overthinking this Armyman Dressup game?
>>
>>34076565
>Or am I overthinking this Armyman Dressup game?

That's pretty much all it is for these guys. Go hiking with pals, but with the imagined fear of gunbattles.
Actually sounds kind of cool.
>>
>>34076658
Forgot to mention thanks to Trump the numbers crossing are way down, so less need anyway.
>>
I remember i read an article where a militia group did just that. They set up an observation post an reportes illegal activity. For the documentary in question they may have only shown the patrols. Also the members probably have jobs and when they get time off a militia patrol sounds more exciting to do than sitting and doing nothing
>>
Muh drone patrols
>>
Tricks that fatty up front into doing something that resembles cardio

Everyone else is in on it. Very elaborate.
>>
>>34076675

There were fewer anyway. Trump did literally nothing. More go back than come in, and since before Obama.

Also, those role players are doing it for cardio, obviously. Bunch of fucking retards.
>>
>>34077054
Anon, you're right, but no one will believe you anyways.

I'm gonna get a bigger gun and learn to use it to kill GOP brown shirts if this continues.
>>
>>34077860

Facts never matter to Trump supporters, comrade!

[This 4Chan Post sponsored by Correct The Record™]
>>
>>34076565
Threat projection,fun,training
>>
>>34077054
Lol u mad
>>
Patrols are good training and keeps your dudes together. Your 2-6 op can be overrun by enemy forces with 3:1 odd easier then your 15-30 man patrol

Also it's good for morale and training and heat acclimatization
>>
>>34076565
Many here in Texas drive along the border and then go on foot in places that you cant get to in a vehicle. Go watch Cartel Land.
>>
>>34077860

Reported to the fbi

You fucked up antifa or undercover
>>
>>34076565
Just looking at how we used to do patrols in the military, our patrols are mostly there as a deterrent, sometimes 'bait' (literally) and getting a lay of the land so you know where things are, the entry and egress that people moving around in that area use. So they're not useless at all in terms of showing the colours and getting that mk1 eyeball on the area.

But you're right in a sense that its not technically a war zone and a half decent drone with IR on it or even some not-crap low light optical gear on it would be far more efficient at maintaining a big detection radius and applying force when its only really needed.
More than likely there's some sensation about having some fellas rucking around in cammys with guns, being far more interesting than some fat bloke running GPS co-ords into a drone and then just calling his mates when something interesting turns up.
>>
I did a lot of time in fortified positions and foot patrols, in Afghanistan.

Sitting in one spot and waiting for soemthi g to happen can make you bored, complacent, and not watching properly.

Getting out and walking engages you and makes you more observant.
>>
>>34077860
>antifa terrorist
pls go
>>
File: bpatrol.jpg (581KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
bpatrol.jpg
581KB, 1024x683px
>>34076565
So do these guys just call it in when they see some illegals or can they actually detain them?
>>
They're just trying to lose weight, you fucking bully.

Seriously, stop being so mean.
>>
>>34079756

theres a lot of land out there.
>>
Biggest problem with stationary OP's is that they eventually get mapped out by scouts.
>>
>>34077054
>I sit in my basement imagine going outside to do things, but that looks hard so I read Slate articles and masturbate to shota all day
>>
>>34077860
fuck off back to redd it, traitor
>>
>>34079756
Citizen's arrests are a thing, but to catch most border criminals you need to throughly search them which these guys have no power to do so basically theyre LARPers.
>>
>>34079851
>but to catch most border criminals you need to throughly search them
Why?
>>
>>34076565
In all honesty even if they are larping almost nothing beats walking over the area of operations toward the goals of surveillence and denying the enemy freedom of movement. There is stuff you see on the ground that not even drones can be used to analyze.

>>34077054
>>34077860

Lol

>/k/ is a progressive board meme shilling

The obama administration made transferring an illegal from one govt agency to another count as a 'deportation' even though the person was never close to leaving the country to astronomically pad the numbers and trump getting elected made numbers of crossings plummet.
>>
>>34079871
Well if their crime is not having legal status youd need to check their papers or lack thereof and if its smuggling they probably wouldnt be open carrying their contraband. Not a whole lot of other possible crimes there really.
>>
>>34079989
The crime is not being in the states without authorization, the crime is crossing the border outside of an established crossing zone.
>>
>>34080018
Didnt know that, good point. Still, its probably a minor offense that citizens dont have authorization to handle themselves. Citizens arrests are generally about more serious crimes.
>>
>>34076565
Seems like its good exercise. I've seen some of the Border Patrol shows and there are quite a few overweight agents.
>>
>>34080079
IIRC, crossing outside of an established point of entry is actually a felony, and any US citizen can make a citizens arrest of a felon.
>>
>>34080112
Are you sure? Ive always been told that illegally entering the country is a civil infraction or misdemeanor for a first offense.
>>
>>34080187
Illegally entering the country is a felony (IIRC), overstaying your visa is a civil offense.
>>
It seems like the best option would be to get a drone or a little prop aircraft and then spot on FLIR.

It'd be expensive, but it'd be a lot more /comfy/ than being some cringy fake soldier.
>>
>>34079834
That doesn't address the central issue, which is that Trump hasn't really done a goddamn thing about the border situation; certainly not as much as he campaigned on. The majority of what's being done now is just a continuation of the Obama administration's legacy.
>>
>>34080258
Illegal crossings are down by 50% because of the fear he's generated.

I voted for Hillary, but that's a pretty good start. Hopefully he follows it up with a crackdown on illegal's employers.
>>
>>34076565
Much of what they're doing qualifies as criminal trespass, which is easier to deny if you're mobile than if you're dug in.
>>
>>34080112
it's a misdemeanor and not eligible fr citizens arrest
>>
>>34080269
It really does, all that land is privately owned, but it turns out 19 times out of 20 the guys that live and work the land down there actually really, REALLY appreciate the fact that guys like the ones in OPs pic are walking around as a deterrent because most of those landowners have already had property damaged or been directly threatened by border-crossing illegals. From that point of view, it's a whole fucking hell of a lot better than nothing. A lot of these landowners keep their own rifles within arms reach most of the time too, because they're terrified of ending up like those park rangers a while back in Arizona that got shot the fuck up by Zetas.
>>
File: 1471137527870.jpg (176KB, 1238x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1471137527870.jpg
176KB, 1238x1224px
>>34080265
>I voted for Hillary
>>
>>34079989
Holy shit you are stupid.
>>
>>34080258
him simply existing is doing something, which is why people that hate the US, the constitution, and half the country want him impeached.

CA is already trying to pass legislation that would punish any business that helps build the border wall.
>>
>>34077054
This is actually true but half of it is because there are more jobs in Mexico these days and the USA's high cost of living deters many would-be illegals.

t. Mexican.
>>
File: catamount.jpg (11KB, 343x147px) Image search: [Google]
catamount.jpg
11KB, 343x147px
>>34080282
I really wish the feds would legitimatize these guys more. The Border Patrol is undermanned to cover all of the ground they need to, they should incorporate Cletus and friends here. Hell, if it was more legitimate I'd volunteer. I already have experience patrolling for and tracking Mexican criminals from the summer I lived out in Shasta. As it stands now though, these guys are one bad regime change away from getting Reno'd.
>>
File: 1477584575140.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477584575140.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>34076565
Quick story for you guys.

>be around 10yo
>summer holiday
>my family is staying near resort on the albanian border
>father and I one day decide to waddle to the nearest outpost
>he knows the officer(i guess) stationed there who was in charge
>nearing the gate
>few guys flag us immediately
>kinda aggressive for the get go
>others storm to the gate
>father tell the story
>they radio
>go to his office
>they bullshit about things
>I get chocolate milk and tour of the armory
>get to finger L96A1
>damn that was heavy
>have good memories
:D
>>
File: 1470780293549.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470780293549.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>34076565
>Walk around in hot desert for hours on a weekly basis
>Still manage to be that fat
I swear these dudes have some kind of fat magic.
>>
>>34080282
People keep saying that, and at one time it might've been true, but I actually live on the border and I can't name a single neighbor who wants those assholes around. The militias are not made of normal people. They are not stable individuals by and large. I seriously doubt any of the ones I've met would even qualify for a small town police force, much less the type of operational operation they like to pretend to do. They have no public mandate, no real training, they are not known to and by the community, they have no oversight and no accountability. They are mostly the failures of some other community, foreign to me and mine, come to live out some kind of paramilitary fantasy in my backyard and potentially at the expense of my safety and well-being.

Militiafags pls go.
>>
Patrols make great sense. Makes you feel you are being soldierly, makes you feel like a group, gets you some field craft experience and burns some calories. No, whatever you observe and report to the authorities is going to be as thoroughly ignored as most other crimes and your name will be noted down for later later use by them - "some guys found a dead guy, who do we know have been in the area lately?" - and there is very little the patrol can actually lawfully do. But a bunch of surveillance gear is not going to do anything but cost more to establish and maintain and the authorities will still have no interest in the information gained that way. So I say, keep them patrols up guys - at least it might keep the intruders on their toes a little.
>>
>>34079834
>not masturbating to shota
why are you even in /k/?
>>
>>34080387
It's not that hard. Let's say he drinks a 32 ounce gatorade before and after the hike and eats a power bar, that's 600 calories right there.
>>
>>34080472
>shota
>not a trap in a fur suit

Sure is summer in here.
>>
It's exercise, walking and sight seeing all the same time.

I don't see what's so bad about it.
>>
>>34079756
Shoot at them and leave the bodies to the coyotes.
>>
>>34080796

Haha no. I think not. Not because the coyotes aren't great at cleanup, but because there is no way that six to ten rednecks are going to keep a story like that to themselves. Most of them will bragging about it to a third party within a week, to wives and girlfriends and brotherinlaws and drinking buddies. Half the state would know there had been shooting there within two weeks. And that's no way to keep the feds off your back.
>>
based on op's pic,

as "border guards" who pressumeably live within a comfortable driving distance if not in the area, WHY aren't their faces covered? (i wouldn't want anyone knowing who i am)

these men aren't patrolling, they're walking whilst donning gear. you see all eyes and faces forward, too close together. the "point man" (HA) is a meme. extended mag, no (visible) mags within reach (because he's too fat to have anything get in a good front position)
>>
>>34077054

What a cuck. Down 60% and you still claim he did nothing, I'd almost respect you more if you WERE a paid shill rather than a blithering tardmuffin.
>>
>>34076565
Yeah, except for the deterrent factor. The goal isn't to catch them in the act, the goal is to decrease illegal border crossings overall. Every Mexican that sees a bunch of fatasses in mismatched camo strutting around the border with ARs and doesn't even make the attempt to cross, is one illegal immigrant prevented later.
>>
>>34080837

Wrong. Also...

>implying beaners have constitutional rights

It's kept on the down-low but a lot of us in my part of Texas have shot at illegals before and there've been more than a few fatalities. Local cops don't care, feds don't have time for it, it gets attributed generally to cartel shittiness and Mexico being a generally lawless place. It gets swept under the rug in ways your comfortably inland ass wouldn't believe.
>>
>>34076565
They like foot patrols because it makes them more visible and generates more publicity. They want to be seen. Hidden observation posts won't bring them publicity and also you can't just build things on land you don't own.
>>
>>34076565
FYI, OP, you quite accurately described what the real Border Patrol does.

The militias are just LARPers.
>>
File: 1386891540782.jpg (103KB, 600x538px) Image search: [Google]
1386891540782.jpg
103KB, 600x538px
So back in 2014 I had quit my job and had a lot of money saved up and decided to take some time off from doing anything. This coincided timewise with my best friend being in the AZ militia (He had been to the Bundy Ranch, for starters) That summer he invited me out to one of their weeklong border ventures with a few others. I already had weapons, and spent about another grand on gear, equipment, etc. I was never military, but my best friend and his buddy were former army, over in iraq, etc. They taught me a lot and that summer we actually trained and rucked and shit. I was glad just to learn actual shit instead of reading about assholes argue over which pistol round has more stopping power.

While we were down there I learned what they were ultimately trying to do, because I too asked, 'you guys know we can't really do much if you catch them right? And waling around is going to make us visible for miles?'

Ultimately it was about prevention, in a similar way a lock keeps an honest man honest.

However I also learned that half these dudes are just playing army man. We had our shit pretty squared away, but half these faggots just brought a rifle and a water bottle. Shit, one didn't even have boots, just sneakers. I never went back after that and he stopped shortly after because of other reasons.

But yeah, was still kinda fun and we did find plenty of evidence of illegals and hopefully curbed some of them. The BP down there never seemed to mind us at all either.
>>
>>34079228
People who use violence to force a political position.

Go kys
>>
>>34084636
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>34080622

Well obviously they're Christian CIS shit white men who are racist and should be killed and tortured along with thei white families. Get with the times inbred
>>
File: 1474792622068.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474792622068.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
>>34084636
anon, politics is war by other means
>>
>>34082778
Did you ever encounter any signs or traces of drug trafficking, or there just were "normal" irregular immigration?
>>
On top of what others are saying (keeps units engaged, better access to the land), I would have to imagine that it provides a psychological deterrent to anyone that was thinking about crossing there. If I saw 15-20 /k/ommandos carrying weapons, I probably wouldn't want to do the very thing they are there to stop.
>>
File: 112433.png (174KB, 294x360px) Image search: [Google]
112433.png
174KB, 294x360px
>>34082643
Your part of Texas is called Tamaulipas
>>
>>34080372
That's pretty cool anon
>>
>>34082619
At least try and do some research before making yourself look like a retard anon.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/
>>
>>34087772

And it's improved since. So are you paid, or just a retard?
>>
>>34079894
>>34079840
>>34079228
>>34078842
>>34077936
you guys really like to feed the local wildlife dont ya
>>
>>34087777
wasted quads.

Do you not know how trendlines work?
>>
>>34085928
>Irregular immigration

Is that what liberals call illegal immigration these days?
>>
>>34087789
Looks like it autocorrected illegal if I had to guess.
>>
>>34079790
So do foot patrols if they are done at regular intervals and if not there paths can be trapped/ambushed
>>
>>34079989
>its smuggling they probably wouldnt be open carrying their contraband.

those faggots carry a bail of compressed weed strapped to their back across the border man
>>
>>34076565

>It seems to me that it would make infinitely more sense to set up camouflaged, semi-permanent observation posts

National Guard does that and they don't catch shit. Sensors/surveillance, patrols, and QRF catch bodies.
>>
Im perfectly okay with drug smuggling and beheadings on my front doorstep, why are you guys so rayciss
>>
>>34080387
You underestimate fatties.
>>
>>34076565
In Iraq we used to go on patrols just to remind people we were there. It's called a presence patrol. At least we called it that in the Marines, cops and border patrol do it also.
>>
>>34080387
It's not magic, anon, but simple animal husbandry. Just like the Masai hunters would drink the blood and milk of their cattle when on the march, so too do the militiafags sate their hunger and thirst upon the doughy flanks of Tha Fatness. Properly tended, your average tubby fuck can sustain a patrol for up to two weeks before he must be raped and slaughtered. In this manner is the circle of life completed.
>>
File: 1491185311114.gif (949KB, 155x173px) Image search: [Google]
1491185311114.gif
949KB, 155x173px
I've a retired Uncle that did it about 10 years or so ago. This guy's a Vietnam vet and worked as an engineer for John Deere (tractors). He's legit and not some "militiafag", so stop trying to change the narrative. These people genuinely care about their country and are filling gaps where CBP can't staff due to lack of funding.

I've spent a few weeks at his lake-house over the past years (fishing), and from what I heard, the ranchers were feeding/sheltering them, and it wasn't just in one specific location either. The illegal aliens would break into out-buildings, steal chickens, and all kinds of shit. So, if someone wants to play 'Patriot' and help close the gaps on the border; I say, more power to them.

>>34080408
You can pretend you live on the border and "don't like them" all you want, but the fact is, you're a Mexican faggot living in SoCal pushing your liberal view-points on here because without gibs, your family and friends wouldn't be able to survive.

Fuck you
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.