[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm joining a Grossdeutschland reenactment group. Aside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Rommel.jpg (109KB, 1084x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Rommel.jpg
109KB, 1084x1600px
I'm joining a Grossdeutschland reenactment group. Aside from the basics on the FAQ I was sent, is there anything less obvious that any /k/ reenactors think I ought to know?
>>
And yes, I know this isn't a dumbshit political group. I'm not a neo nazi, I just love the Wehrmacht.
>>
How come it seems like the vast majority of reenactors dress up as CSA and WWII Germans? And the most popular vintage uniforms on here are Rhodesian camo? Kinda makes you think ..
>>
Try finding the federal mole.
>>
>>34071738
Not into the civil war, but maybe the Wehrmacht is so popular for their groundbreaking tactics, technology and cool looking uniforms?
>>
>>34071738
>WWII Germans

I think you mean "Waffen SS."

And with American units, it's never just an army unit. Oh, no. It's always lardfucks dressed up like Paratroopers.
>>
>>34071750
I don't understand the over fascination with the SS. The Wehrmacht is more my speed, average German Joes.
>>
>>34071701
>>34071738
>>34071747
>>34071750
I feel like it's a mixture of admiration of old units that did extraordinary things and sort of a way to appreciate those whom are frowned upon in most other instances, i.e. Nazis, Rhodies, Confederates.
If you forbid something, then people will like it just for the fact that it is considered taboo.
>>
>>34071738
>Kinda makes you think
We just really hate niggers
>>
>>34071738
Because you can dress up as the winning side without any effort. Some people like hard mode.
>>
>>34071694
Learn some German phrases, just for fun
>>
>>34071694
Stick to basic sense when it comes to age, rank and body types. You are not going to get many Colonels in their thirties and if you are fat you will look a joke in an infantrymans uniform, I have seen so many reenactors doing it to stroke their own ego rather than trying to be authentic.
>>
>>34072150
I'm average build, kind of skinny actually. This group operates like an actual army unit, I will be starting as a rifleman.

>>34072028
I still have my old Hugh school german phrasebook, that should add a tiny bit of authenticity
>>
File: 1495514345428.png (106KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1495514345428.png
106KB, 2000x2000px
>>34071738
>>34071738
You can't stop here libweenie, this is drumpf country
>>
>>34072528
>Authenticity
Don't bring anything that isn't period correct, you farb.
>>
I have been doing various types of reenactment, including a 3 day event which included people playing SS and Wehrmacht soldiers and Red Cross nurses. What you should prepare for:

- Have an answer ready for the following questions by random people within the first day you put on the uniform:
"How can you dress up like those horrible people? Do you want to be a mass murderer too?"
"Your guys sure cleaned up the russkis and jews and commies, wanna do my nigger neighbors next?"
"Are those weapons loaded?"
No, there is no question too stupid to be asked. But have answers ready for the more obvious ones. I'll never forget the kid who came up to us and asked why we were killing people. I was in a Napoleonic uniform at the time, and had to inform him that we were just actors. The kid turned around and ran to his mom yelling "They are only actors! They are only actors!"

Also, prepare for photos of yourself in 'nazi' uniform being distributed online without your knowledge or consent. Some employers are more thorough in online research during hiring process than others, and some will not accept you having a background like that. But if you are considering a career in banking, politics or marketing you already knew that.

Finally, depending on what level your group operates at and where in the country you are, consider the possibility that joining might put you on the FBI lists of 'militias'.
>>
>>34071750
Well, I met at least 2 Army Units, one which portrayerd the 29th and one which portrayed the 90th and never any paratroopers. Also even in Germany, there are far more Wehrmacht Groups than US Units.
>>
>>34071694
American Wehraboos pls stop
>>
>>34071694
>is there anything less obvious that any /k/ reenactors think I ought to know?
watch out for tile floors
t. Waffen SS reenactor
>>
>>34071738
in the US there are probably more dudes going out as US paratroopers for WWII and most civil war events pull similar union and CSA numbers
>>
>>34076223
can confirm, last reenactment I was at had two US airborne divisions and like 3 guys being brits
>>
>>34071694
Personal items, things that go in your bread bag and pockets.
>>
>>34076291
this, depending on the rank you want to larp those things vary
>>
Der Erste Zug is your friend. Also I would highly recommend the to WWII German Reenactor Help Page 2.0 group on Facebook.
>>
Make sure your German are period accurate too. Are you in Burgerland?
>>
>>34078789
>Der Erste Zug
don't forget mp44.nl
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.