[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /k/, what would it take to get NATO to adopt .357 SIG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 357-sig-124-xtp_1.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
357-sig-124-xtp_1.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
Tell me /k/, what would it take to get NATO to adopt .357 SIG as it's primary pistol cartridge?
>>
Every 9mm in the world magically disappearing from existence.
>>
>>34068091
Bribes. Also Germans deciding it was "their design".. look what they did to the p90 when it didnt go their way.
>>
>>34068091
All other caliber bullets and pistols along with the facilities to produce them vanishing.
>>
>>34068143
If the Germans didn't make it, you'll never see it. Germans are the poster child for autistic screeching.
Also 10mm > .357sig
>>
>>34068209
Yeah, but normal people can shoot .357 sig somewhat comfortable.
>>
>>34068091
the only reason to change from 9mm to retard 9mm is... well there isn't. the only reason to go to .40s&w or 10mm would be more KE and larger diameter ball ammo, probably paired with a "not a hollowpoint hague stfu" defensive round design like the Xtreme penetrator meme round.
>>
>>34068091
Widespread drunkenness, or an overwhelming desire to decrease efficiency and increase expense.
>>
>>34068091

It does anything that +p 9mm does
>>
>>34068475
And 60-75% service life on all parts at best. 9mm does just fine.
>>
>>34068091
The only reason to switch pistol cartridges at this point would be for something with better armor penetration capabilities. Problem is, the German one is shit, FN's got cucked by the retard Germans, and there's no way in hell NATO would ever adopt 7.62 Tokarev.

We're stuck with 9mm for the foreseeable future.
>>
NATO suddenly needing a new service pistol designed for anything more than dropping unarmored darkies and children.
>>
File: LiPXAf1.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
LiPXAf1.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>34068091
You to personally jerk off everyone in NATO who is in charge of ammo standards
>>
>>34068680
> Modern production 7.62x25 pistol and JHP

I want this so badly.
>>
File: ben_with_cowboy_hat.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ben_with_cowboy_hat.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>34068091
Go back in time, and give the plans for .357 SIG to a German gun maker.

To really seal the deal and make sure it has no competition, give the plans for 9mm to a Belgian gun maker.
>>
>>34068091
A sidearm to actually be relevant?
>>
File: tellyou.jpg (25KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tellyou.jpg
25KB, 320x240px
>>34068091

Nothing. The .357 is for operators and elite civilians only. 10mm is for autistic tryhards.
>>
>>34068091

Changing the laws of physics.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.