[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here not carry that often? and not because they are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

File: maxresdefault-11.jpg (170KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-11.jpg
170KB, 1024x768px
Anyone else here not carry that often? and not because they are not legally allowed?

my job makes it pretty much impossible for me to carry. We wear these polyster polos that snag on everything and I'm always bending down to pick stuff up. There's no way I could strap on my glock 19 without it printing all over the place, and I'd most likely be fired if that were to happen. I also only work daylight hours and my walk home is through a university campus, so I'm not really clammering to have a carry option, but I might some day down the line buy a ruger LCP in .380 and pocket carry it or grab an urban carry holster or something.

Other than that I just don't really leave the house that often, and if I do sometimes I go drinking so I can't carry there anyway. The only time I strap on my gunbelt is if I get a snack craving after dark and want to hit up the walgreens down the street or I'm going to my band's practice space, which is in a pretty sketchy part of town.
>>
>>34068002

Lazy. You're lazy. If you can't conceal a G19 then yeah, get a fuckin LCP and man the fuck up and carry.

> I go drinking so I can't carry there anyway

I'm sorry you're a raging alcoholic that gets piss drink every time they go to the bars, or you live in a shitty state with weird no alcohol carry laws.
>>
>>34068002
You could pocket carry a smaller gun. I have CCW'd damn near every day for 21years. If there are no metal detectors where I am at I have a gun on my somehow. You can list a shitload of excuses but short of metal detectors or daily pat-downs they are all bullshit as far as reasons not to have a gun.
>>
>>34068210
>I'm sorry you're a raging alcoholic that gets piss drink

No, but the law is that you can't have ANY alcohol in your system while you are in possession of a firearm, so even if I only have 2 beers, I'd still be breaking the law if I was carrying, and I don't want a fucking gun charge.

>or you live in a shitty state with weird no alcohol carry laws.

hey man I'm sure this will get me accused of "nogunz" but judging how I see people act when they are drunk, I don't want them fucking carrying guns, or at least I want them busted badly if they do.
>>
File: 1421446689470.jpg (290KB, 985x700px) Image search: [Google]
1421446689470.jpg
290KB, 985x700px
>>34068002
The best ccw is the one you carry. If the LCP is as big as you can safely conceal and carry daily, then go for that.

I'm currently waiting for a good price on the LCP II after finding that my USP9c and G43 are still too big to safely conceal daily.
>>
File: We ARE The People.jpg (410KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
We ARE The People.jpg
410KB, 800x800px
>>34068002
Buy an LCP. I carry a Glock 19, I know what you mean. The LCP comes with a pocket holster that is perfect, you'll forget it's on your person. Buy the 7 round mag and boom 7+1. I sometimes just carry the LCP, you can do simple shit with it like joggin or taking a dump. I have the Gen 1 which I like better than the Gen 2 only because of the aesthetics and price. Godspeed
>>
>>34068242

Yeah, anyone who becomes intoxicated on any substance no longer has a right to self defense. Fucking degenerates.
>>
>>34068242
You choose to drink instead of carrying. I choose to not drink because I'm carrying. It's not rocket science bro.
>>
>>34068306
More like anyone who becomes intoxicated has chosen to limit their ability to defend themselves.
>>
File: 1494742559376.png (15KB, 528x434px) Image search: [Google]
1494742559376.png
15KB, 528x434px
>>34068210
you know, you're kind of a cunt anon
>>
>>34068002
yeah, because no one has ever needed to defend themselves against an armed threat on a university campus...
>buy the .380 and carry everywhere
>I ankle holster a Kel-tec p3at If I am someplace that printing is that big of a concern... just don't wear skinny jeans... even if you aren't carrying.
>>
>>34068334
>You choose to drink instead of carrying. I choose to not drink because I'm carrying. It's not rocket science bro.
yes and? It's not like i don't understand the risk and accept it. Life is full of risks, and honestly it's not like carrying a gun doesn't present risks in it's own right. Ask this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxk_LPmdMI

>>34068356
This. If you are out in public and are under the influence, your ability to defend yourself poses a much larger risk to others if you have a firearm.
>>
>>34068242
> The law is you can't have any alcohol in your system

Depends on the state. Texas, it's entirely up to the discretion of the officer if you are 'in control of your faculties'. There is no legal threshold, however.
>>
>>34068638
Have you lived a moment in real life? Do you know how rowdy even the most normal faggot can get when they're drunk?
>>
I bought a.32acp keltec because it's super easy to pocket carry it whenever I don't want to IWB. now I barely IWB. love pocket guns.
>>
>>34068002
Get something that's convenient to carry on you. If that means getting a Ruger LCP or a S&W 642 to carry in your pocket, then do so.

Having a gun on you, even something small, is better than having nothing because you left <insert gun in bigger cartridge here> at home.

https://youtu.be/mfGKUg9yCBU?t=18m33s
>>
>>34068002
just pocket carry and skip the urban sombrero holster. A lcp sized pistol is completely feasible in normal pants or jeans and it will look like a wallet.
>>
>>34068621
OP here. I think I'll either get an LCP or a Keltek P3AT

They look decent and despite being a poorfag I can easily afford one.
>>
>>34068002
I carry 99% of the time I leave the house

I rarely leave the house
>>
>>34068002
Golf pro here. I pocket carry, because I have to wear "athletic fit" (damn near skintight) polos tucked into "athletic fit" (skinnyjeans tight) golf pants with no blousing (belt must be fully visible).

I carry a P938, and occasionally a J-frame.
>>
>>34068638
>Ask this guy
You mean the "pain slut"? Probably creamed himself.
>>
>>34068233
This. A comically small gun is still 1k times better than no gun.
>>
they make under arm holsters that are pretty hard to see or you could get one of the crotch holsters
>>
File: 20170525_170339.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_170339.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Been appendix carrying my new g19 for a few days now, its hard since I have a bit of a belly, don't like how high up on my waist this holster is. Hopefully my stealth gear usa holster is much better
>>
>>34068002
We're not allowed to carry on the facility or leave our weapons in our cars if we use the company parking lots.
>>
File: g42penis.jpg (476KB, 1928x1560px) Image search: [Google]
g42penis.jpg
476KB, 1928x1560px
>>34068002

I used to carry my lcp380 on campus. it fit perfectly in my waistband without printing, but i couldnt hit shit with it at a distance, so i decided to get a g42... now it kinda prints, but not a big deal because printing is not an issue anymore.
>>
>>34070472
Mexican carry? That's a bold move
>>
>>34070703

I have a 29 waist. I cant fit a holster. Cant even fit a naked gun really.

Been carrying like this for 10yrs. Never had an issue. Even had to draw out on three mexican goons that ambushed me- everything went as smooth as silk concerning the draw
>>
>>34068002
I don't usually carry because of work as well. I work for a defense company with a very strict no weapons policy and if I get caught with one on me or in my car I will be fired on the spot. Worse, if I carry at work the security will perform active shooter drills on me, regardless of what happens, and they all have rifles.
>>
>>34068002
I don't ever carry because I am too cheap to take the $65 class and send in my $140 application.
>>
>>34070902
Holy shit, mine is like $50 every 5 years
>>
>>34070906
This is the initial expense. I've taken the shooting portion of the course 3 times now, most recent score was 248/250. But for the paperwork to be submitted from the course; then the application fee with the state, you're paying at least $205.
>>
>>34068002
>TFW I want to work in NYC doing financial/corporate/securities law
>TFW their laws are fucking Communist AF
>TFW I'll have to live in another state to preserve my sanity

I really hope that Supreme Court case coming this summer makes CC shall issue in every state.
>>
>>34068621
Lucky fucker. FL's faggot-ass uni system doesn't allow guns on campus, carry, or stored in dorms.
>>
>>34068002
>I'd most likely be fired if that were to happen

Why? Is your workplace a gun-free zone? If so, don't break the law. Do get a pocket pistol though. LCP2 or Kahr CM9.
>>
>>34070983
upstate is more lax on long guns

I hope to god the SAFE act gets killed someday and or handgun permits just to own gets killed.
>>
>>34071040

Suffolk county here.

The sullivan act (may-issue ((more like no issue in suffolk)) pistol permits just to own) is unconstitutional from every objective measure and it's still here over 100 years later. It was originally passed with the objective of discriminating against italian immigrants and other political enemies whereby they wouldn't enforce it on anyone they didn't like.

This state has been corrupt ever since Tammany hall and right up to this very day.

Every elected and unelected government official in NY needs to be hung for outright treason. NONE of this shit does ANYTHING except disarm citizens so that NY government mafia can get away with fleecing us for another 100 years. This is all about money and corruption. You know this, right?

I don't want to even get started on SAFE, but for me Sullivan is 100x worse. I WANT A FUCKING PISTOL CUOMO YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>34070992
My state is allowing constitutional concealed carry and personal storage of handguns on campus starting July 1st.
>>
>>34070983
Doesn't help. California is shall issue and you still don't have a chance of getting one in the Bay or in LA
>>
>>34071086
What state?
>>
>>34070973
My states initial fee is like $65 and requires fingerprinting, a federal background check, and that's it.
>>
File: tumblr_nngghaoViA1s384smo1_1280.png (1MB, 846x1058px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nngghaoViA1s384smo1_1280.png
1MB, 846x1058px
>>34070973
My state fee was $300, but it's a lifetime never-expires carry permit
>>
>>34068002
I feel your pain OP. I work in a jail so I can't take my shit inside with me b/c no weapons policy. I basically just carry on the weekends
>>
>>34068306
>I'm going to use a substance known to cause bad judgement and aggressive behavior.
>A substance that does this to such a degree that a person is legally forbidden from driving a vehicle, working in most enviornments, operating machinery, etc.
>but yeah, carrying a gun while doing so is no big deal

granted yes, one drink doesn't hurt, but if you're carrying you should be making a point of avoiding alcohol if only because if you had to use your gun your ass would get reamed in court. Prosecution and lawyers would have a field day with that. Not to mention if you actually got drunk I don't care how happy a drunk you are, the potential is there for bad shit to happen.

It's one thing if you're at home, had the gun off of you, and someone broke in and you were forced to use it. You weren't intending to handle the gun while drinking until an outside circumstance forced you to. You probably would be ok there legally speaking. You're actively choosing to drink while carrying, that's going to be a whole other deal.
>>
>>34070758
>work for defense company
>cant defend self

lol.
>>
>>34071668
>mfw I've been looking for a good P99 for months now and I see this.
>>
>>34071092
No its not, it is may issue with a large amount of local discretion.
>>
>>34068656
But you fail to mention Texas' 51% law that prohibits you from carrying in a bar to begin with.
>>
>>34070723

Go to a 30" trouser size

Congratulations, you now have gun room
>>
>>34070902
>>34070906

I paid 125ish and now I have a lifetime carry license

No classes, and it took Just under two weeks to come in

Did I mention I was 19 when I did this?

At least Indiana is good for something
>>
Since moving to Texas from Maryland I thought about getting my CCW. Then I found out that my company doesn't allow employees to carry. Customers? Yea sure they can carry open or concealed, but not employees. Corporate even asked out security contractor to stop having their guys carry. Our LP guys can't even carry cuffs any more. It also seems like every other building in Dallas has 30.6 and 30.07 signs as well. Still, if the law passes and drops the price for the permit down to 40 bucks, I might still do it. Going to suck having to buy all new pants though.
>>
>>34071011
I swear by my LCP2. I pocket cary it almost everywhere in a boraii holster. It gets carried way more than my Glock 26.
>>
>>34071875
I was going to do the same, since SB16 is on Abbot's desk and he promised to sign. But even if he does, it won't go in effect until September.
>>
>>34071826
Good point. I do most of my drinking in restaurants these days, so this isn't much of an issue for me.
>>
>>34071863

The issue is that since im so thin, anything bigger than what i have leaves a majorly noticeable bump. It would be better to just open carry then
>>
>>34068002
I got my CC permit and a g43 but almost never carry it.

I just dont really feel the need too often, but always take it with me to risky situations.
>>
>>34070723
I have a smaller waist and I'm 5'11. I can conceal a G19 in a vanguard trigger holster or even a leather-kydex hybrid comptac holster just fine. You just need a good belt and to play with the depth and angle of the holster.

Sometimes a longer barrel with conceal better than a shorter one because it acts as a fulcrum to push the butt closer to your body.
>>
>>34072469

Thats interesting. I was thinking of getting a karh cw45 but was worried it was just to long even though its thin.

Ill look into it now
>>
>>34072522
I also have a kahr PM9, it's great although a little heavy.
>>
>>34070472
I carry exactly like you, sometimes I cock the grip downwards a bit. A little slower on the draw, but the comfort and no printing issues are worthy tradeoffs
>>
>>34072563

I would like a 45, and the karh seems to be the thinnest for cc

Im really thinking about just open carrying a 45 and keeping my 380 in my waist
>>
File: 1486397259489.jpg (75KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1486397259489.jpg
75KB, 750x732px
>>34068002
>be me
>going for law school
>realize that I can't carry in courthouses
>mfw
>>
>>34072110
Is your chest bigger than your waist? Then an untucked shirt should leave plenty of room for a gun. If you're a stick man eat food and FUCKING LIFT until your chest is big enough to give you what you need.
>>
>>34068002
I don't carry at work because I work unarmed sec and doing so would be illegal.

i do carry all other times though.

>my shirt makes it so I can't carry

get a pocket pistol and pocket carry.
>>
>>34072631
Im not into wearing loose and baggy clothes.

I bet your girl's boyfriend doesnt either.
>>
>>34068002
I carry maybe 20-30% of the times I go somewhere. I don't live in some action movie and don't feel that a gun is a necessary part of my everyday life. I don't like to carry to much because I feel responsible for it's safety, not loosing it etc. I had enough of having to be with a weapon every fucking day in the Army.
I carry when I feel that there is some marginal chance of being in a terror related incident (I'm an Israeli) like when going to crowded central places especially when there is elevated alert times or a wave of terror attacks. Also if I go to really bad neighborhoods (very rare), or if I travel away from home for few days, (better to have it on me than leave it in a safe at home) and on hikes. I also take it with me when I do reserve service as secondary weapon, although I would probably proffered to leave it with my wife but I know she won't use it.
Ahh, yes and I also Israeli carry - without a bullet in the chamber because I feel confident in my ability to rack the slide, unless I'm driving to some settlement (also extremely rare) and need my other hand to use the wheel.
>>
>>34072730
Ahh and I also don;t carry in events that have massive security like concerts and sport events because they have a shitload of security there anyway and I don't want to make a special case out of my self during security screening.
>>
>>34072630
I'm a 2L, I know that feel. I believe you can carry as a prosecutor, but since none of them do they'll think you're a nutjob.
>>
>>34072704

>/fa/ggot detected

Here's the deal. Either you will compromise how you dress for your gun or you will compromise your choices of gun for how you dress. Either way it's a compromise. My dad is vain as fuck. He refuses to wear untucked shirts so he carries a tiny .380 in his pocket. I choose to AIWB a G19 so it's untucked shirts for me. Not hard to find nice looking shirts that are cut for being untucked but then I don't go around worrying about what others think of my fashion choices.
>>
>>34072789
RIP
I am in WI so Ill have to check state law (which is usually pretty good) maybe they carry more here
>>
>>34072793

Nah pass cuckboi
>>
>>34072789

What school
>>
>>34068242
Government also says you can't drive above the maximum speed limit, commit sodomy (receive, well I guess for a faggot like you, give blowjobs), and only cross the street at government approved crosswalks. But I bet you've done all that.
>>
>>34072905
This. Concealed means concealed. IDGAF about signs or local ordinances. Unless there is a physical barrier to CCW like metal detectors or pat downs I am carrying.
>>
>>34072846
UM
>>
>>34068002
Ankle carry
>>
File: g42condom.jpg (178KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
g42condom.jpg
178KB, 900x900px
>>34070472

that's not just dangerous pal, it is beyond stupid and begging for trouble

just because it's worked for 10 years doesn't mean tomorrow it will epic fail and you have some new holes in your leg

at least get a trigger holster thingie

https://gallowayprecision.com/glock/trigger-guard-holster-for-glock-g42-and-g43-pistols/
>>
I never carry, because I don't like guns.
>>
>>34073660
It looks like those man pouches for your dick.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.