[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the purpose of mounting a laser on your gun? And I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 872646.jpg (219KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
872646.jpg
219KB, 880x660px
What is the purpose of mounting a laser on your gun? And I don't mean designators or range finders, I'm talking pic related.
>>
what do you think
>>
>>34064325
I dunno,knowing what your gun is pointed at? But you don't need a laser for that
>>
>>34064316
The idea is so that you can aim at something without aiming at it.
>>
for teaching children at school, you can point at powerpoint presentations and those high spots on the white board. You can even play jokes in class and laser Timmy from across the room
>>
File: IMG_3070.jpg (320KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3070.jpg
320KB, 1400x1050px
>>34064316
I hit my rimfire spinners more often with it I guess. I barely shoot handguns, and takes a lot of the aiming difficulty out of the equation so my lack of experience matters less.
Works better in low-light, but find in daylight too.
>>
>>34064337
>knowing what your gun is pointed at
congrats you just provided the answer to yourself.
>>
To be real though they're only practical purpose is checking your trigger pull and wrist movement when you're at the range.
>>
>>34064316
It's for when you have an out-of-body experience while operating. Since your POV is above your body, you cannot see down the sights and know what you're aiming at. But with a laser, you can.
>>
>>34064316
Have you ever used one? It's fucking cheating
>>
>>34065284
This, it really is.
>>
>>34064681
This.
If I accidentally operate too hard (what I call ascended operating) I see myself in third person and its just like gears of war.
Lasers help me aim
>>
I have a combo laser/light for my nightstand gun and its awesome. i have it zero'd for like 8 feet.
>>
>>34064656
This

They will show you where you're pulling the gun as you fire, and help you learn to control the gun (also very useful during dry-fire drills, which every shooter should be performing)

A non-IR laser is useless for any of that tom clancy shit that some people think they can perform. Lasers are like tracers, they work both ways.
>>
>>34065325
>not 4D operating
I won't say too much as you cretins consume too much fluoridated water to understand, but my sensei assassinated Osama bin Laden, JFK, Lincoln, and Julius Caesar at one time with the same bullet.
>>
>>34064316
Its for people who cant aim or miss errything they try to hit. i.e. crappy shooters
>>
>>34065408
It's like guns vs bows/swords/muscles, scopes vs irons etc.
People who've spent all this effort mastering their craft get pissy when a cheap piece of technology gives people a shortcut to be nearly as good or better with borderline zero effort.
>>
>>34065472

Investment of effort is an investment of emotion. Of course they'll get offended when other people take a shortcut.

It doesn't matter if you're hitting the target if you're not doing it like a REAL MAN(tm)
>>
>>34065472
>>34065490
Doesen't that just take the fun out of shooting? If something requires no skill then it gets boring pretty fast.
>>
File: IMG_2704.jpg (844KB, 1592x1132px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2704.jpg
844KB, 1592x1132px
>>34065525
Not really. I still use my irons at times.
But I just find that I'm a better shot using the laser, I can peg the little spinner FAR more often than without. Often times I'm above/below it otherwise.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with lasers.
They get massive amounts of shit on here for absolutely no reason.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.