[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

about to try out a new out door range today. first time not shooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: gun range.jpg (161KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
gun range.jpg
161KB, 960x640px
about to try out a new out door range today. first time not shooting indoor range or just innawoods.
what are some things I should look for to know if its worth it, or trash.
>>
mate, what
>>
doesn't it make a lot of sound shooting under a roof like that?
>>
If a bird lands on or near your target, shoot it.
>>
>>34063970
Unless it's a turkey. Ranges can get seriously buttfucked if you go killing game birds.
>>
>>34063960
With a roof it's perfectly okay. It's the enclosed ones with gun gloryholes that you should avoid.
>>
>>34063864
Well, how shitty any RO is, if there is one.
Whether there are enough target stands, unless you have your own.
Whether they have limits on rounds per second.
How long the range is, and does it have berms at regular intervals so you know how far you're shooting.
Whether you can use reactive targets, NFA items, steel core (never had this problem outdoors), or incendiaries/tracers.
Whether it's got any moving/tactical shooting available, or just fixed location.
How reasonable the range fees are.
Whether you have to buy any of their shit in order to play (ammo, targets) or if they try to keep your brass (only ever seen that at an indoor range).
>>
>>34063960
It is louder, but that's what earpro is for. A lot quieter than most indoor ranges.
>>
>>34064027
>>34064027
thanks. good to look for. ill check that out. going to leave in about 30min.
>>
File: Interest.jpg (54KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
Interest.jpg
54KB, 627x502px
>>34064027
>moving/tactical shooting available
wait what? ranges actually offer that? The whole reason I do competition is so that I can move around and shoot instead of blasting paper in a single lane, but I've never seen any range just allowing people to do that. There's an indoor one by me where you can set up and run your own 3gun stages, but it's membership only, and not only is it 1K a year, they only allow 200 people to have memberships, so it's near impossible to get one. All others I've been to, indoor and outdoor have lanes you have to stick to. How commonly can these ranges be found?
>>
>>34064463
I've never seen one where those ranges are available outside of events either. The closest I know of is a range that has a whole steel shooting area where you can pretty much blast whatever you want.
>>
>>34064463
Not terribly common, but I've found a couple in Georgia. They tend to be ones that don't have ROs, and the rule is you have to take responsibility for yourself. So basically you can only do it if no one else is there, or they're ok with it, which in my experience is fairly common. They tend to be membership only as well, but the one I belong to is only $100 per year.
>>
>>34064463
I've been to a couple where you can rent isolated pistol bays for shit like that, but I've never seen it for rifle ranges.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.