[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/. What is the legitimate purpose of a Desert Eagle? You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: DesertEagle_50AE.jpg (18KB, 300x174px) Image search: [Google]
DesertEagle_50AE.jpg
18KB, 300x174px
Hey /k/.
What is the legitimate purpose of a Desert Eagle?

You got your Glocks and your Micro Uzis.

But are Deagles actually any practical? I'm just a-no-gun civvie, So I've never fired one nor found myself in a dangerous situation.

And, how does it compare to a .44? Or .357?
>>
File: Deagle_357_lightweight.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Deagle_357_lightweight.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>34062730
>What is the legitimate purpose of a Desert Eagle?
they're really accurate. Also, I've heard of big game hunters using them as backup guns.

>But are Deagles actually any practical?
yeah, in certain niche situations.

>And, how does it compare to a .44? Or .357?
a Desert Eagle can be either of those things.
>>
>What is the legitimate purpose of a Desert Eagle?
Shooting steel and to a lesser extent large game. There was this meme that the Israelis made it for shooting engine blocks, but its fuddlore stemming from a catastrophic misunderstanding of the guns development process.
>But are Deagles actually any practical?
Not for carry, but that's not the intention.
>>
>>34062730

Might as well just be a range toy. They're potentially a good big game hunting handgun for people who don't like revolvers, but the Desert Eagle's notorious for being picky with ammo and often failing to cycle because of that. Has to be kept well-lubed, too.

A hunting revolver or some 10mm autoloader are just more reliable and dependable when attacked by a bear.
>>
>>34062730
some Australian Crocodile wranglers use Desert Eagles as a sidearm incase something goes wrong.
>>
A soft shooting magnum caliber thats as potent as it is accurate.

Wasn't meant for shooting cars, that's the Beowulf. Ultimately the entire premise of the deagle was and is "because we can"
>>
>>34063084
>Has to be kept well-lubed, too.
Spotted the nodeegs.
>>
File: 05.jpg (70KB, 750x1099px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
70KB, 750x1099px
>>34062730
Penetrating the vectors of horned girls
>>
>>34062730
Wait... Micro UZI? Why the HELL would anyone get one of those?
>>
>>34063542
Gang gang.
>>
>>34063542
Pocket brrrrrt
>>
File: XS5LK.gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
XS5LK.gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>34063325
Ha!
>>
Why do pistols with threaded barrels look so absolutely aesthetic?
>>
>>34062730
Sport shooting and pistol hunting.

I guess you can use it to defend yourself assuming you'll find hollowpoints that work for it, but it's just fuckhuge so you'd rather want something else.
>>
>>34064074
Would it be a reasonable sidearm for operators?
Y'know, sandniggers with body armor?
>>
>>34064129
>Would it be a reasonable sidearm for operators?
>heavy
>expensive ammo
>touchy internals
>fucking heavy as shit
No.
>>
>>34064129
No, not at all. For one thing, the size. Its nearly the exact same size as the MK23, which was quickly ditched for its chunkyness. Also, .50 AE isn't particularity impressive against body armor, having the same velocity as 10mm and about half the muzzle energy as .308, both of which are stopped by Lvl 3 plates. AFAIK they dont even make any AP loads for it.
>>
File: deagle handlin and shooting.png (314KB, 998x1130px) Image search: [Google]
deagle handlin and shooting.png
314KB, 998x1130px
>>34062730
Sporting and hunting.
Also of course recreation.

>Accurate as a laser
>Has very little recoil even in .44 Magnum, feels like shooting a fat 1911
>comes in various powerful revolver and other Magnum cartridges
>absolutely modular, changing calibers is easy

You just need to learn how to handle it and feed it, you can't limpwrist even slightly and cheap garbage ammo like MagTech will make it short-stroke and dirty up fast.
>>
>>34063084
>but the Desert Eagle's notorious for being picky with ammo and often failing to cycle because of that
More often than not it comes from people who want to feed it cheap-ass off the shelf target ammo, which you can't do.

It needs hot and heavy ball to cycle reliably, preferably clean burning too.
You really should handload if you want to shoot a Deagle for cheap.
>>
>>34063542
Because with a big silencer to act like a forward point of contact, and a magazine full of subsonic 147gr hollowpoints, you could mess some motherfuckers up with some short bursts.

Or just have fun with it.
Either way, it's about as practical as a bare MAC11 or MAC10 without a silencer to grab onto.
>>
>>34064816
*without a silencer it's about as practical as a MAC10 (without a silencer)
>>
>>34062828
I heard it was for quickly shooting into cars at checkpoints. A 38 special can penetrate vehicle cover (not sure if that means through the whole car or just one side) so 357 magnum and above would definitely work.
>>
>>34064855
It's a complete meme, the Israelis never looked at the Deagle for any purpose other than the fact that Magnum Research came from the US for a contract with them to manufacture it.

It has never been suggested for military, police or security use, and never will be, it is entirely outside the scope of the pistol's design.
>>
>>34064855
.50 Beowulf was the checkpoint gun.50ae was designed as part of a semiauto magnum competition.
>>
>>34064880
Apparently the Polish GROM unit may occasionally use the Desert Eagle. Why is a good question though.
In all honesty the Desert Eagle is the only real survivor of a whole field of magnum semi-automatic like the Grizzly, AutoMag, Wildey, and Gen I Coonan. Through a combination of hype and fairly good design it made it where everything else shit the bed.
>>
>>34065282
The AMC and AMT Automags were kind of shitty, the Coonan was and is viable because of the fact that .357 Magnum actually can fit comfortably in a short-recoil action and grip.

The Wildey I think actually is pretty functional, the adjustable gasblock is a hideously good idea for an automatic Magnum, due to the really wide range of ammo available.
The Desert Eagle is a genuinely functional design, but I think it would be wildly improved if they added an adjustable plug/dial to the gas for wider compatibility.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.