[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Shot placement is everything! >said by guy with a 6 pound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: trigger pull.jpg (19KB, 349x259px) Image search: [Google]
trigger pull.jpg
19KB, 349x259px
>Shot placement is everything!
>said by guy with a 6 pound DAO trigger
There's a reason why competitive target shooters use super light, crisp triggers. If winning a gunfight is more important than winning a match, then why do we we such poor triggers on combat guns? The reason is that the average gun buyer has never and will never be in a gunfight and knows very little about shooting.
>but light triggers are dangerous
Guns are not supposed to be safe. If you can't keep from pulling the trigger when you don't want to, then you shouldn't even have a gun.
>>
>>34060059
>bait
>>
>>34060089
Not an argument.
>>
>>34060059
You made this thread the other day with this same picture.
>>
>>34060385
Wasn't me. Probably a like minded person with a similar picture.
>>
>>34060532
Come on, anon. Why would you lie about this? It's not like you're without a valid argument,
>>
Wow, you're right. We should issue competition grade weapons with less than one pound triggers to our military and police.

Or maybe you don't need that high it precision to shoot center mass. Maybe that light of a trigger is dangerous on a gun you carry all the time.
>>
>>34060571
>>34060571
>Maybe that light of a trigger is dangerous on a gun you carry all the time.
It isn't. I've carried rifles with 2 lb triggers over many miles and never had a problem, and I always carry in condition one.
>>
Well, I've fired my weapon in anger. With adrenaline, gloves, yelling and basic shit falling apart around you a 6 lbs trigger feels like 2 lbs. The last thing you want when you are walking through a crowded space with potential threats all around you and you are wound up is a light crisp trigger.
>>
>>34060623
>The last thing you want when you are walking through a crowded space with potential threats all around you and you are wound up is a light crisp trigger.
Wrong. The last thing you want is a miss.
>>
>>34060532

well the both of you are cunts now fuck off
>>
>>34060059
Adrenaline impairs fine motor skills, you wouldn't be able to control your super light trigger in a real combat situation. That why milsup and hunting rifles come with stiff triggers, they're designed that way.
>>
>>34060653
Not an argument.
>>34060571
>Wow, you're right. We should issue competition grade weapons with less than one pound triggers to our military and police.
The problem with that would be cost. You should issue yourself the best weapon you can get your hands on.
>>
>>34060741
>Adrenaline impairs fine motor skills, you wouldn't be able to control your super light trigger in a real combat situation
You know what else makes a trigger more difficult to control? Pull weight! You are only making the problem worse.
>>34060741
>they're designed that way.
No, milsurp is that way because armies cannot afford quality firearms, and hunting rifles actually do have very light triggers unless you buy cheap, shitty hunting rifles.
>>
>>34060846
if you think a good trigger is a light trigger you are fucking stupid, there are 8 lbs triggers on milsurp rifles that are objectively better than a lot of 2 lbs triggers and if pull weight alone actually makes you a worse shot, then you are a bad shot
>>
What is preference ?
>>
>>34062141
It's where a certain portion of the population is objectively wrong but won't be convinced about it.
>>
Why do you feel such a need to justify your beliefs, OP?

Are you trying to squash that niggling doubt in the back of your head? Trying to ignore the cognitive dissonance that says maybe there's a reason hair-triggers aren't used outside competition? That maybe you're wrong?

Come on, OP, we're all adults here, it's okay to be wrong sometimes.
>>
does anyone no if there is a gun that will randomly change pull weight between 1 and 10 pounds after each shot?
>>
>>34060059
>There's a reason why competitive target shooters use super light, crisp triggers
that's correct. nobody's shooting at them.
>>
>>34060059
>Guns are not supposed to be safe
Holy shit this is grade fuckin A bait anon.

Share some of your catch with me when you real'em in!
>>
>>34060059
>how to not test military adoption trials, the post
please go, summer
>>
>>34060059
The biggest reason is liability, gun companies don't wanna be sued when cousin eddie shoots himself in the leg and he claims it was a "hair trigger" and not his own dumbass self.
After that there's the fact most people panic in a self defense situation and don't have good trigger discipline. Is a heavy trigger a good substitute? No, as proven by NYPD, with a 12 pound trigger stupid still wins.
I'll leave y'all with my opinion though.
Carry the gun with the trigger that you think, based on an educated decision, will provide you with the safety and ease of use you are comfortable with.
There's enough god damn guns out there and triggers for them that you can have nearly whatever you want no reason to get what someone else tells you to.
>>
>>34060059
A light trigger
Leads to a long manslaughter charge
>>
>>34063006
Nonsense
>>
I think it's a combination of safety and cost OP. Had a DS in basic go over how easily some of the M16s go of. He set it to fire and barely tapped it on the ground and you could hear it click for firing. So I'd imagine a 1 or 2lb trigger with safety off in some situations could cause accidental discharge. Now the cost aspect comes into play with military and I guess police agencies that issue weapons vs letting you use your own. They want more cost reliable. That's just my two cents.
>>
Jokes on you I have all single action light triggers
My AR is 6 lbs, but its short so it doesn't feel like it

Trigger job master race
>>
>>34060620
Condition one... So, magazine inserted, round chambered, safety on.

Good job.

Don't use words you don't know the meaning of to sound smarter than you are.
>>
>>34060742
>Not an argument.

Never was one you autistic twat. But neither was your post.
>>
>>34060846
>You know what else makes a trigger more difficult to control? Pull weight! You are only making the problem worse.

Maybe if you have the hands of a four year old. Are you ok, small hands?
>>
File: 1424152794646.jpg (236KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424152794646.jpg
236KB, 960x720px
>>34060059
???????
i shoot heavy triggers all the time with no problem
and hit the 10 ring of the target
what are you going on about?

get better hand and finger strength add wrist strength too for pistol shooting

>dare you to one hand a 12 gage shot gun
>>
File: 1404939373325.jpg (56KB, 1000x641px) Image search: [Google]
1404939373325.jpg
56KB, 1000x641px
>>34060059
>Guns are not supposed to be safe
>>
>>34060059
>said by guy with a 6 pound DAO trigger

Has that really been a problem for you within 10y, anon?
>>
File: Nagant 91-30 Group.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Nagant 91-30 Group.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>34060059
>default Mosin 91/30 Ex-Dragoon
>squares are 1"
within a dollar bill all groups
>inb4 hurr only fitty yards
more than you've probably shot in you're life fucking nogunz.
>poor triggers
>why such bad triggers on combat guns
good enough to hit a man/deer/hog/etc. at that distance, do your part and the gun will do it's part.
>>
>>34064298
>you're*
>meant your
fuck me
>>
File: 1495221643090.png (2MB, 1172x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1495221643090.png
2MB, 1172x1416px
>>34060059

>muh light trigger

Think a little bigger OP. Why have a trigger pull at all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PA7JxLdHTE
>>
>>34060157

no, just a fact
>>
>>34062179
Glock.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.