[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get a Glock bro >If you don't own a Glock you aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

>Get a Glock bro
>If you don't own a Glock you aren't serious about owning firearms
>If the magazine release isn't exactly where John Moses Browning intended it to be then I want no part in that weapons system
>Why would anyone need ambidextrous controls learn to shoot the "right" way haha
>The AR is the only rifle platform you need, all others are obsolete
>If you don't own an AR you aren't serious about firearms
>The AR is--WAIT WHY IS THERE NO INNOVATION IN THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY, WEAPON DESIGN HAS COME TO A STANDSTILL

Prove me wrong that Glock and AR fags aren't the cause of the lack of innovation.
>>
Just putting it out there i like single stack european style service pistols with heel releases like the Beretta 51
>>
The lack of innovation is due to firearms as a whole hitting a plateau.
>>
>>34054051
What are you making?
>>
>>34054051
They aren't. You have a choice to listen. You also have choice no to listen and carry on your happy ol' ways.

If you want innovation, make it yourself. Don't blame someone's opinions for your inability to be innovative.
>>
There's only so much you can do with current popular cartridges and manufacturing techniques, especially given the constraints of the NFA. The day you can buy integrally suppressed shorties over the counter will be the start of something beautiful.
>>
>>34054109
Yes, however the arms industry is a business like any other market. It seems though everything that has come out in recent years that has the controls set up differently than the precious Glock or operates differently gets hated on.
>>
>>34054051
Oh please go ahead and make something groundbreaking and truly innovative since you are such a smarty and have it all figured out.
>>
>>34054051
>What is the Brown Bess
>>
>>34054186
How many Glocks you own bro?
>>
>>34054216
Zero.
>>
>>34054051

the only time you need a glock is if you have no other guns
>>
>>34054051
>Be at "tactical store" a few days ago. (Not an FFL but they sell everything from duty gear to AR uppers)
>Tell counter guy that I'm thinking about getting a CZ, ask about holsters
>Owner overhears from the back, comes out
>"A CZ? I hope you own at least eight REAL handguns before you buy one of those toys."
>Ask him what he'd buy instead, keeping in mind that we're in CA and nothing good is on the roster
>"A Glock, of course."
>He looks at me like I'm retarded when I tell him that I don't like their ergonomics

Fucking Glockfags.

It's weird, everybody at that store is usually super chill to me, including the owner, but they were all weird this time. I think it might be because I'm usually there after work with business casual clothes on, and this time it was a day off and I had beat up jeans and a T-shirt on.
>>
File: GunWall.jpg (1004KB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
GunWall.jpg
1004KB, 4320x2432px
>>34054374
When I bought my first pistol years ago, a guy did the same shit to me at the gun store.

I asked to see the Beretta M9 in the case, felt it, looked it over, loved it even more than I already did from seeing it online/movies/games and whatnot.

Ask him what he thinks about it-
>Ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing.jpg

He grimaced, shook his head, said it's garbage, too fat, too heavy for carry "which I wasn't planning on doing" and said the only real gun was Glock and I shit you the fuck not, took out ALL of his CC gear right there on the spot while never stopping to take a breath talking about glocks and all his glock brand gear.

This dude carries 2 glocks, extra mags, 3 knives, utility tool, and literally the whole fucking shebang, first aid and all.

Worth it to note, I didn't buy my pistol there. I ordered an M92A1 online, and shipped it to them for the transfer and smiled the entire time as someone else transferred the pistol over to me.

At the time, I had no other options for FFL dealers in the area so they got my 30$ Which now is about 70$ from that place. Seriously fuck that place. Heard they fired him because he was actually doing that to other people all the time. He also did the conceal carry classes for the area which I didn't partake in, but a buddy of mine did and said he was the most tactical fucking sperglord ever.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170518-155733.png (449KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170518-155733.png
449KB, 1080x1920px
>mosin crate is selling some cool surplus
>Mossad pistols
>Suddenly, Glockfaggotry
>>
>>34054139
Maybe there's a reason to that other than fanboys.
>>
>>34054051
I agree 100% as an owner of both (along with others)
>>
>>34054051
What does JMB have to do with it?

Also innovation comes from necessity. We don't really need anything new, so there isn't any innovation.
>>
>>34054453
To be fair, at least he kept it under wraps until you asked him.

I took my wifey in to a gun store a while back to find her something she'd be comfortable with for home defense while I'm out. She's a lefty, so ambi controls were a must, and since she keeps it on a magnet by the bedside, out of a holster, she also wanted a safety.
I'm ready to let her explore and figure out what she likes on her own, she's decent with a gun, and knows what works for her. I just gave her a nudge towards full size guns, since cute subcompacts are dumb as bedside guns.

She explained her needs herself - roughly "fits my hand well, is lefty-friendly, isn't complicated, has a safety, and can be cocked and locked"

He steers her towards Glocks right away.
>No, I don't like Glocks
>Glocks are the best home defense guns
>I want something with a safety
>They have the Glock safe action!
>That's not the same thing
>Safeties don't do anything useful anyway

I actually had to tear myself away from the ammo shelves to tell the guy to get fucked with his Glocks and show her what she wants.
Ended up with a CZ 85 Combat after fingering an assortment of 1911s, Sigs, and Berettas. Best wife ever.
>>
>>34057306
I would have went to a different store.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170524-182853.jpg (390KB, 1080x1586px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170524-182853.jpg
390KB, 1080x1586px
>>34054491
>Mosin crate
>sells the last Jericho right before me
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34057352
Good selection and the best prices around in spite of the odd fuck working there. It's either there or online.
>>
>>34054077

Beretta isn't single stack
>>
>>34054051

>Weapons system
>Platform
>>
>>34057442
The 51, or m1951 is
>>
>>34054491
Kek those switchblades. Probably from a /k/ thread
>>
>Mfw you reminded me to watch gunsmith cats for a third time
Why didn't they make any more animated seasons? FUCK!

The only real innovation to come after glocks have been
>removable backstraps
I prefer the regular gen 3s - but glock has addressed this
>firing Chassis(?)
Which allow you to change out the frame without buying a new gun - total meme
>red dot sights
Glock has mos editions for most of their models

Only reason to get a gun other than a glock is ergonomics (subjective), or trigger (somewhat subjective as well). This is why the m&p, fns, vp9,ppq, exist. No firearms manufacturer offers a gun that necessarily does anything better than a glock, though they might FEEL better to shoot.
>>
File: ScruffySecond.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ScruffySecond.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>34054077
>>
>>34057468
and the 15', and 34', and 35'
>>
>>34057542
>Only reason to get a gun other than a glock is ergonomics (subjective), or trigger (somewhat subjective as well)
You forgot the most important reason of all which is A E S T H E T I C S
>>
Other than the USP and the P99 with ski ramp there are no good looking polymer pistols.

I actually find the glock less ugly than M&Ps, Xds, ppqs, px4 storms (though I love the name), and VP9s
I think they're about tied with 320s - but just barely
>>
>>34054970
>this
Polymer framed striker fired is the way of the future. I don't mind paddle mag releases, but I can see why some don't like them - especially if they try to use their thumb
>>
>>34057542
>>34057563
>tfw like both Glock ergonomics & aesthetics
>>
>>34054235
Or want a $500 10mm that won't cost double the price.
>>
>>34057693
See
>>34057657
You're not the only one - they've got a streamlined no bullshit look to them - though I think gen 3s look better than gen 4s.
There are no obtrusive controls and the grip angle causes me to naturally lock my wrist over center - which really helps with recoil
>>
>>34054051
Why do we need to prove anything wrong to a faggot posting anime pictures who clearly enjoys projecting too much and doesn't know what "tradition" means?
>>
>>34057718
Yep - come November 22nd I'm marching straight into my lgs and getting a Glock 20.

>15+1 of 700 ft Ilb stoppin powah
>marginally thicker than a glock 17 - nearly as easy to carry with a quality belt & holster
>durable and reliable as fuck
>Sellier and Bellot fucking makes 30 cent per round 10mm that's actually pretty warm - 550 ft ilbs is actually not that bad for practice

Oh I did my research
>>
>>34057734
That's no regular anime faggot

That's gunsmith cats

Lurkmoar
>>
>>34054051
I would, but you're probably not serious about firearms
>>
File: 240 bolt and op rod.png (2KB, 332x163px) Image search: [Google]
240 bolt and op rod.png
2KB, 332x163px
>>34054051
>innovation

At this point, simplicity and ease of manufacture should be the next step. We should be designing guns that are even easier to build by home weaponeer.

What parts or manufacturing steps can we remove from the system?
>>
>>34057836
No one on this board is smart enough to streamline a rifle like an AR15

This is where would argue over calibers, jack off to animecharacters modeled after weapons/tanks, and brag about how much money we wasted on our Gucci ARs.
>>
>If you don't own a Glock you aren't serious about owning firearms

The exact opposite - most Glock owners from my experience are know-nothings who bought a Glock because they read it was good or in LEO and forced to use them.
>>
Glock 19 gen 1 is handsome as fuck

Would anyone else pay a premium for pebble grip glock, or am I the only one?
>>
>>34057883
Wow thanks for that anecdotal evidence which contributed nothing to the thread.

I don't know of anyone semi popular in the firearms community for their skill/ military experience that doesn't at least own a glock. Let alone be a huge proponent of them.

They just work, the things people complain about on them will not hamper your ability to ventilate red guard, and judging by the enormous amount of glocks in competitive shooting sports it only takes a modicum of skill to get passed any perceived faults in the " ergonomics"
>>
File: IMG_1466.jpg (114KB, 1368x912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1466.jpg
114KB, 1368x912px
>>34057883
You are a niggerfaggot.
>>
Still innovation out there but not from the big players. Get a good general war and expect some firearms innovations market wide. We need a tech breakthrough to push something real new.
>>
>>34057964
Heres what's going to happen:

>body armor becomes more prevalent and less expensibe
>handguns chambered in rounds like 5.7 will become more popular

If the us didn't just fight in COIN wars, we would have adopted something similar by now
>>
>>34054051
you are fucking out of your tree if you think the AR platform isn't the driving force behind firearms innovation in the last ten years. you gotta be fucking squidding me, bro. seriouslygoddamn
>>
>>34057988
Name one thing other than stupid meme compromise calibers that started with ARs and spread elsewhere.
>>
>>34057964
>no one is onnovating

>Sig, keltec, iwi, kriss, barrett, etc

the list goes on.

soryy we can't get you assburgers some laserrz and caseless ammo ffs
>>
>>34057996
Widespread use of accessory rails for one thing
>>
>>34057996
Heavy use of aluminum and the use of polymer furniture
>>
>>34054374
What kind of fuckin neck would rag on you for wanting a CZ over babby's first 9mm?

I look at Glocks the same way I look at squeeze cheese. Does it do a job in an efficient way? Yes. But it's also bland, uninteresting, and probably not good for you.
>>
File: 1493529265754.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493529265754.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
>>34057996
yea this
>>34058010

not to metion tons of other new guns based on the AR systeem or inspired by it. pushing the platform to the limits with other calibers, optics, triggers, countless other accesories. not to mention the massive proliferation of new gear, shooting sports all that shit. it's only getting better and all you can do is whine because no one has made a star wars gun that will vaporize a tree. go fuck yourself.
>>
>>34058034
>all you can do is whine because no one has made a star wars gun that will vaporize a tree. go fuck yourself.
Holy strawman, batman.
>>
>>34057896
You aren't the only one, even though I don't own any because muh ergos, I would love an early Glock to put in my pistol drawer.
>>
>>34057542
Gunsmith Cats is /k/ approved anime
off the wall but the factual bits are good.
>>
>>34058009
Yea but they are just mixing up the same kinda tech...face it the last real innovation was TrackingPoint
>>
>>34058031
Yeah, it surprised me too, especially since the dude is usually pretty chill with me, and isn't an old bubba type or anything like that either.

I really think it was how I was dressed and the fact that I wasn't buying anything expensive that day and therefore didn't feel the need to whip out my ID for the discount.
>>
>>34057657
>Other than the USP and P99 with ski ramp
My nigga. Those are at the top of my to-get list right now, even though I already have a newer P99.
I'll probably throw a block 17 or 30 somewhere in there just so I can have one. Even though they're ugly, they're just so distinctly ugly that I feel it needs to be in my collection at some point.
>>
>>34054091
The term is "mature technology"
>>
>>34054491
that guy is a double retard, mainly because he is quoting fucking blue label pricing and is either lying out his ass about the price or is exposing a shop violating blue label MAP

glock takes MAP seriously, glock takes blue label MAP insanely serious, glock is retard levels of strict about blue label

>have to request it
>can be denied for any reason
>can be denied for being too close to another blue label store
>can be denied for no glock armorer
>the list goes on and on
>>
File: Screenshot_20170406-112747.jpg (437KB, 993x799px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170406-112747.jpg
437KB, 993x799px
>>34057767
S&B isn't bad, order in bulk online. I'm running through some Sig ammo from a big box store and liking it. Do not buy ammo (PPU, etc) without reading up on velocity independent of the manufactures claims. Shooting 10mm that costs 10mm but is 40+p sucks sick. Did buy a conversion barrel and haven't swapped springs with zero failures. Out of a g20 shooting 40sw is SOFT shooting. Shopping around for a cheap g21 slide then wait to find a barrel on sale. Stock like ammo until November!!
>>
>>34057657
I dunno, I love the look of my polymer frame Jericho 941...
>>
>>34059683
Then you have shit taste
Go steel or go home
>>
>>34054077
Same here. Hell, I carry a P38. The amount of Glockfag hate that thing has brought me is tremendous.
>>
>>34057718
Winnar.
>>
>>34060652
Are you the nigga with the one with the shortened barrel?
>>
File: 1494545439293.jpg (16KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1494545439293.jpg
16KB, 512x384px
> weapons system
>>
>>34054051
>Prove me wrong that Glock and AR fags aren't the cause of the lack of innovation
Not really.

With pistols the main barrier is the current barrel-locking action. If you barrel doesn't move you can put sights on it and have very good mechanical accuracy(as evident in case of revolvers). Still, pistols are literally irrelevant. What matters in their case is being light and easy to conceal while using as powerful cartridge as possible so perhaps it's for the better. Also inability to put a stock on them without paperwork in the US makes "big pistol" market smaller, this is another problem.

Rifles are another thing. AR15 is a design that prioritises low weight and mechanical accuracy over everything else, which is why you see so many of them in civilian use. Until you come out with something new that beats AR15 in these aspects, it's not going to get less popular. The best chance are lever-delayed or vector-delayed blowbacks as nowadays the precise machining problem of old doesn't exist.

The innovation has really moved on to optics and other add-ons rather than to firearms themselves.
>>
>>34054374

My CC teacher was cool, but REEEEE'd at me for having a Shield and went on at length about how Glock is the perfect pistol.
>>
>>34054374
I guess they thought you were an actual gun owner and a mature adult.

>>34054491
Yeah excuse that glockfag, he's socially retarded

>>34057306
He has a moral obligation to at least try and convince stupid otherwise before it buys a useless carry handgun

>>34057883
Your demographic of affiliation is quite telling

>>34061424
The shield has enough features and reputation to be alright, your instructor was probably a sperg. Not wrong about glocks being the best carry guns, but still a sperg.
>>
>>34061267
Nah, but I think I'm gonna modify a beat-up P1 like that when I have a bit more time on my hands. My current gun' s a run-of-the-mill AC43 (and if hate to cut this one up). Leon's cool, though.
>>
>>34057883
So much this. Ignore the glockfags shitting on your post, you are 100% accurate. "It just works" is no meme, retards really spout it while being unable to fully disassemble their weapon.
>>
File: IMG_20170525_013510[1].jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_013510[1].jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
>Be me.
>Be sick of Glock fags telling me to just get a Glock.
>Buy Glock 81 field knife.

There I fucking bought a damn Glock, please just leave me alone.
>>
glockfags are truly the worst people in the firearms community

right before sigfags and fudds
>>
File: MP5K3.jpg (246KB, 1400x987px) Image search: [Google]
MP5K3.jpg
246KB, 1400x987px
>>34054051
I think, there should be a Glock in every household
it's isn't the best pistol, or something special, but one of the most universal designs of our time

>If the magazine release isn't exactly where John Moses Browning intended it to be then I want no part in that weapons system
>Why would anyone need ambidextrous controls learn to shoot the "right" way haha
as a left handed person, I prefer heel releases
they feel more natural to me
>>
>>34054077
Same here. Carry FN 1910 for 5 years by now.
>>
File: superior_advice_v2.png (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
superior_advice_v2.png
55KB, 640x480px
>>
>>34061354

Quality post anon
>>
>>34054374
that's just california gun counter shit. when i lived in california, a guy behind a gun counter told me i didn't need a flashlight on my home defense gun, because i could just shoot into the air and use the muzzle flash to see. i am not making this shit up.
>>
>>34054091
>>34058806
The deal is there hasn't been a big war in a while so there's been a stall in advancement.
>>
>>34054051
>gunshit cats
you proved yourself invalid
>>
>>34061599
You gave up too easily anon.

Even if you don't own an hk you should get one of their hats and wear it, I've never had glocktism thrown at me when I wear one.
It's like they know you'll anschluss them or something.
Of course kekler and kock is its own spicy brand of autism.
>>
>>34061945
I don't know who is worse: H&K, Sig, or Glock owners.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.