[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is technique in a fight for your life? Will a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 11

File: download.jpg (173KB, 750x314px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
173KB, 750x314px
How important is technique in a fight for your life?

Will a physically weaker but more technically proficient fighter stand a chance against a stronger, more randomly-swinging opponent?
>>
>>34052767

very important

and yes duh of course they would

anybody that has martial arts or boxing training or just plain lots of experience street ie cheater fighting has a big advantage

of course the larger opponent only needs 1 solid hit....
>>
>>34053032
I dunno, I've seen some feisty little cunts get absolutely belted by someone bigger than them, but it didn't really connect with anything important (top of the head, shoulder, etc) and that just made the angry manlet even angrier.

But yeah, basically if its not some happy-slaps fight in a ring with rules, you bet someone's not getting up if the other guy knows what they're doing.
>>
>>34052767
>Will a physically weaker but more technically proficient fighter stand a chance against a stronger, more randomly-swinging opponent?
no statistically s/he will get his shit pushed in sorry. s/he can get lucky once who knows.
>>
>>34053032
people make these assumptions all the time:
>he is big, i'm faster
>i bet the musclehead doesn't even know fighting
>i'm just gonna hit something critical and then it's over

from what i seen, these typical thick necked gym dog assholes usually spend a serious amount of their time practicing martial arts with their thick necked buddies. it's part of the lifestyle lifting training getting in drunken brawls.

they might not be champions but will know enough that your one hit win fantasies go out in the trash and they always have their buddies around too.

it's not going to work out.
>>
>>34053437
>I'm just gonna hit something critical then it's over

More likely you're talking with LARPers, not fighters. I don't know anyone with an professional or even amateur fight record who would talk that way.

That said, people who actually train seriously for hand to hand combat are in a whole other league. And if you've never trained you don't realize how outclassed you are, and how passively your local bjj/judo black belt can tie your ass up.
>>
>>34053398
https://youtu.be/DZeWdMwmdY0
https://youtu.be/23LR6pWEpKU
https://youtu.be/6qxHARgZFgo
https://youtu.be/3Dsvj8ZMjxg

Daily reminder
>>
Technique is great but you have to train with adrenaline pumping through you. Gross motor skills are what's up with fighting. Small joint manipulation like pic related is great but extremely difficult.
When you get to the point to where you can execute these efficiently. Your not going to want to get into a "fight". You will see yourself as the same as the gun your carrying and only seek to either diffuse the situation with words, or outright kill the man. fighting isn't worth getting sued over. So kill, don't fight.
Tldr; do you know What a fulcrum is and how it works
>>
>>34052767
The technique is...semi-important, far more important is muscle memory. You train to imprint the moves into your brain so you can still execute them under intense stress, so you
don't freeze up.
That's where martial artists have a huge edge against an average John Doe.
However, most martial arts don't train against dirty techniques like gouging out eyeballs, biting etc. you can utilize that in a legitimate fight to the death to even the odds a bit.
>>
>>34053437
>from what i seen, these typical thick necked gym dog assholes usually spend a serious amount of their time practicing martial arts with their thick necked buddies. it's part of the lifestyle lifting training getting in drunken brawls.

no its not, the fuck parallel universe you live in ?

the fucking 1% of those people will be in shit like strong man competition and stuff

rest of them will be shopping for cute tops on time they are not eating or working out

>necked gym dog .
>>
>>34052767

>fight for your life

you better have a gun. technique seems great to focus on until your out of the dojo/gym.
>>
>>34053092
Well, most people don't know how to punch AT ALL.
They often just flail around with their arms, opening with a haymaker attack with their dominant arm. Every time.
But a larger guy with even a remote idea how to punch is a serious problem if you're smaller, even if you're much, much more trained.
>>
>>34052767
Yes and yes, but within reason. There is a baseline level of strength required to actually harm someone, but once you have that you can pretty much beat anyone if you're willing to play dirty. Kick him in the nuts, jab him in the eyes, all that. If it's just punches tho, the stronger man's gonna win
>>
Granted it won't work if there's a massive size difference between two HEALTHY people. But say if someone who knew kickboxing and was maybe 5' 10" and 170 pounds got into a fight with an unskilled guy who was 6' 2" and 220 pounds I'd bet on the kickboxer if he just fought smart. You make that size gap wider and the odds get more and more stacked for the larger guy.
>>
>>34052767
If it's a "fight for your life" it usually means your opponent has a weapon. Even a large amount of training is no guarantee when he has a knife, and is almost meaningless when he has a gun.
>>
>>34053718
>no guarantee when he has a knife

You see a knife, you run. Everytime.
You'll lose the fight against a knfie if you're not wearing any protection.
>>
>>34053686

I've seen a man literally rip part of another mans throat out with his teeth.

I mean, the fucker survived somehow, but he ended up in a mental hospital, scared out of his fucking mind that someone else was going to try and eat him.

When it comes down to 1 on 1 hand-to-hand fighting, it can get fucking disturbing. Some crazy shit is bound to happen.

A lot of *fights* these days are hilarious. Fuckers just swinging at each other, afraid to get hit.

What happened to that primal rage we had back when we were hiding among the bushes?
>>
>>34053740
>A lot of *fights* these days are hilarious. Fuckers just swinging at each other, afraid to get hit.
>What happened to that primal rage we had back when we were hiding among the bushes?

Oh gee, it's almost like not everyone immediately wants to murder the fuck out of the opponent.
>>
>>34053631
>kick their shins and nutbag
typical martial art fairyboys
>>
>>34053751
Not the same guy, but if you're gonna just try half- assedly to win a fight, why engage in the first place? Avoid the fight if possible, but if all else fails do whatever it takes until your opponent is done fighting
>>
>>34053740

you've hit upon a good point. there is fight for your life, and kid shit street fighting at bars. boxing or other martial arts may give you an edge in both settings, but if it is a true life or death fight you better have a fucking gun.

if you want to masturbate to some fantasy about winning those bar fights with some kung fu, or leave magna or boxing or whatever... that is play ground shit. you are a child. a real life or death situation crazy shit will happen. eye gouges, broken necks, permanent damage abound. have a gun. NOT A KNIFE. no one wins a knife fight, just one person goes into shock first.
>>
>>34053790
Because people are dumbasses and just want to show off sometimes.
>>
>>34053803
>NOT A KNIFE. no one wins a knife fight, just one person goes into shock first.
Someone who knows what he's talking about.
You only take a knife if you've specifically trained in knife self-defense. Otherwise, you're just being a danger to yourself.
>>
>>34053790
Social convention. Want to be hardcore so cant be seen to back down, but dont want to risk dying. Why does this need explaining?
>>
>>34053816

honestly even if you are hardcore trained there is too much risk that you lose it or hurt yourself with it. I went to a knife fight seminar with hock hockman, a crazy fucker. best thing he did was point out to all the cunts in the room how stupid it was to rely on mace.

he also pointed out that the person with the stronger grip strength AND the mental constitution to not go into shock with cut, deep or otherwise, would have the greatest advantage. AND STILL I wouldn't use a knife defensively, I'd use the gun I carry.

if the fight is truly a life or death scenario then shoot them and be judged by 12 instead if carried by 6. If it isn't that situation, you are acting like a petulant child running around trying to prove how big your peepee is by getting into tussels for giggles.

if you want that kind of fighting go join a boxing gym and show off your dick in a controlled and regulated environment.

if you want to save your life from a life or death scenario, notice I'm not saying fight because some guy is trying to MURDER you and not fight, use the best self defense tool available which is a gun.
>>
>>34052767
Depends on the fight. Fist fight? Not so much. Knife fight? Probably. Gun fight? Most Definitely.
>>
When you fight, every movement should have a purpose. Every stroke must mean to maim or kill. Any less is an invitation to defeat. Make the target believe every second is trailed by death. Fight with the vigor or a crazed man, but with the intent of someone knowing that you will win.
>>
>>34052767
No, the stronger, more aggressive opponent will always have the advantage.

Notice how legit martial artists like Bruce Lee are ripped as fuck?
>>
>>34053675
>The technique is...semi-important, far more important is muscle memory. You train to imprint the moves into your brain so you can still execute them under intense stress, so you
don't freeze up.

THIS is what separates the martial artists and the wanabes,
>>
>>34053686
Guns actually are 90% technique and 10% physique. You need almost no muscles to aim and shoot but there's a vast difference between a veteran gunslinger and a punk with a gun.
>>
>>34053437
what the fuck no
as someone who is in the gym a fair bit most guys don't have time or energy to train anything but lifting

as someone who has tried to train BJJ while lifting it's pretty tiring and i made adjustments to my routine because of it
>>
>>34052767
Training and physical conditioning are both important aspects of fighting. One can compensate for the other to a degree but ideally one should have both.
>>
>>34052767
OP, part of technique is having done the move (be it punch, kick, clinch, takedown) a bajillion times, so that your body has had the correct exercise to perform the move effectively. Doing martial arts correctly makes you fit as much as it would level the playing field against fit but untrained opponents.
>>
>>34053958
i'm not talking about proper bodybuilders. it's this kind of asshole that is semi-jacked prone to fighting aggressive and always goes in pack possibly neo-nazi and or low life criminal that is the most likely you get into physical confrontation with. other people just avoid fighting usually unless very drunk.

they are not good in anything they do but they have enough fighting experience to know the basics. a smaller dude will be fucked especially when three of them kicking his head in at the same time.
>>
Bigger and stronger people have an edge. People who know how to fight have an edge. Certain methods of fighting like wing-chun are meant to compensate for having shorter reach and being smaller, but that's an attempt at mitigating an opponent's already existing edge through a very particular method of fighting.

There's a curve. If you want to kick someone's ass in six months go do boxing because you'll learn basics and have better conditioning. If you want to kick someone's ass in two years then do a full martial art. If you want to really kick ass in three years then do both, then start learning a second martial art.
>>
>>34052767

You have to have strength and fitness to back up your technique

but your technique is useless without strength and fitness.

You don't need to be a muscular power lifter. Just strong enough to do some damage, and you'd be surprised how little is really required. No need to bench 350lbs. Endurance and flexibility are the two things you need in spades, both more important than just being strong.
>>34053631
take the first video for example. the BJJ fighter might not LOOK strong/fit, but he is indeed very, very fit... just strong enough to do some damage (busts the guy's face up pretty good), has the endurance to stay strong throughout the entire fight, and is flexible enough to work around his opponent. The body builder is winded in under a minute, sapping his body of it's strength.

you run out of air = you lose. You get winded = you get weak. I don't care how much you can bench press, if you're tired you're weak and vulnerable.

Endurance/Technique > Strength/Size
>>
>>34053596
>That said, people who actually train seriously for hand to hand combat are in a whole other league. And if you've never trained you don't realize how outclassed you are, and how passively your local bjj/judo black belt can tie your ass up.
there is a huge difference in totally untrained and had some training. after that the curve flattens out you get diminishing returns with more training.
that is why i said if the other guy knows some stuff it's gonna be totally different most of the self defense techniques taught in your flavor of womens self defense will simply not work.
also in street brawls it's very hard to put in accurate hits it all devolves into some mess where bigger mass and stronger muscles will prevail. and often enough weapons come into play quickly enough. something is grabbed a knife is pulled when shit gets serious and then most martial artists will get their shit pushed in.
there is no end to the list of people that thought they knew how to fight and got the crap cut out of them by some random punk with a knife.
>>
>>34053734
>You see a knife, you run. Everytime.
>You'll lose the fight against a knfie if you're not wearing any protection.
I know this is a fun meme but this is the kind of bullshit line mcdojo karate instructors will throw out there as evidence of their relevance on the "streets".

If someone wants to ambush you with a knife it's quite possible it will be in a confined space where you can't run flat out, you'll be pushed up against a wall so you can't run, or they'll be grabbing onto you with one arm while stabbing with the other. Either way just beating feet is going to be fucking hard.
>>
>>34054150
fun fact 9 out of 10 martial arts experts got "stabbed to death" or "badly cut up" with red markers against semi and untrained opponents. and they were not surprised.
>>
>>34053638
>fulcrum
the point on which a lever rests or is supported and on which it pivots.
a thing that plays a central or essential role in an activity, event, or situation.
"research is the fulcrum of the academic community"
>>
>>34052767
Go to a bjj class and roll with a tiny person that's a purple belt.

It'll change your entire perspective about being muscled out and huge.
>>
>>34054199
nice citation bro

yes a knife is dangerous as fuck, i know

if it is so dangerous why would you turn your back on someone with one at arms reach? he can stick you good at least once or twice before you can get any speed going, and after you've taken a couple stabs to the chest he's going to be a better runner than you too.
>>
>>34054248
Its all situational. If a fat fuck pulls out a knife and he's 20 feet away, I'm running. If a twink pulls one out right next to me, *heel kick to solar plexus* sorry kid.
>>
>>34054248
it was in the book of the "animal" some semi-famous knife fighter, i don't have exact citation but this stuck with me.
>>
>>34054110
Fatties don't last long in serious martial arts training. They either get fit or they quit.
>>
>>34054279
I hope you never get into a fight.
ITs not like your anime.
How the fuck are you supposed to know when someone wants to stab you?
>>
>>34054239
so the purple manlet is dangerous you say?
what people forget when they talk crap like this is serious martial arts practitioners and top athletes have a specific fitness and musculature for fighting. when random dudes ask if technique is going to help them against a bigger dude they simply don't have this build. so the answer is no. sure enough practice something for 5-10 years you gonna have bretty good chance against a bigger opponent from the average pool. but if he also have 5-10 years of training or even just 3-4 he will push your shit in.
>>
>>34054323
usually sharp pain in the abdomen or kidney will tell you.
>>
>>34054350
I've known people who were stabbed. They all say the same thing.

>I didnt realize it had happened until I saw the blood. It just felt like I was getting punched
>>
>>34054294
hahah oh god you got that from Marc "nearly started a fight with his reflection in a window" Macyoung

he's a complete hack. plenty of great stories from people about his hokey self-defense demonstrations and questionable legal advice.

one of those hacks who turned a misspent youth and some jobs as a bouncer/security guard into a fucking resume
>>
File: Sexy_967c0d_6267447.jpg (76KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy_967c0d_6267447.jpg
76KB, 750x750px
4chan is full of fat/skelly degenerate autists who know not what they speak off, so you're either a 5'2 120lb manlet, or a 6'8 olympic power lifter for their examples.

Truth is, if you're of average height and average weight you're capable of physically beating any man in the planet. You can punch and kick them hard enough to win, no human can withstand unlimited strikes. The hard part of course is being able to land your strikes or timing your sweep/takedowns on another human being.

The technique, timing, muscle memory, distance... things your brain develops over years of training is the absolute most important part.

No one here that says Martial Arts are useful, is saying you should forego a gun. I compete in MMA and yet still scarry a gun and knife because most likely in the streets if anyone wants to fight someone with my physique, it won't be a fair 1vs1 hand to hand fight, they'll be packing a weapon, buddies, or both.

But if I got into a 1vs1 hand to hand fight, anything goes, with a giant bodybuilder who knows no martial arts, I'd be pretty confident.

Here's a video of a 6'4 extremely heavy kickboxing nigger (whos actually pretty good in kickboxing) who would have gotten killed in a street fight by this 5'6 manlet who does grappling.

Look the giant nignog even screamed out in pain... Barring weapons and buddies... how would this gone any different in a street fight? Actually it would have, when the little Jap gets the takedown he could eye gouge from top position better than the guy on bottom could.
>>
>>34054614

Forgot the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g1HQQ8Xd4u0

Those who think size beats technique should really watch the old school mma fights that were more open weight at that time. You'll be surprised
>>
>>34053820
But any fight has a potential to be lethal, so why not eliminate as much risk to yourself as possible by ending the fight quickly?
>>
>>34054350
Oh thats a good responds.
>>
>>34054584
so he is like a robert kyosaki of self defense?
>>
>>34054649
>Those who think size beats technique should really watch the old school mma fights that were more open weight at that time. You'll be surprised
statistically speaking size beat technique. you have to allow for deviation and extremes in size can be detrimental to fighting under ring rules. so there you go believe whatever you want, but from what i seen (and tried) so far of street fighting that mass and strength is much more important than any fancy moves. and of course having weapons and buddies trumps everything anyhow.
>>
>>34054692

Yeah but what you see and I see are very different. My last 4 years were spent as a MCMAP instructor. We have a lot of sparring with blue knives, pistols, rifles, different sized instructors, multiple opponents, we look at statistics, etc.

But hey you know more than me because of a few street fights you've witnessed. Who am i to tell you otherwise.

And by the way. Do you mind explaining to me how "ring rules" give the smaller guy an advantage? This is mma i showed not boxing. The bigger guy could literally try to pick up the smaller jap had he wanted to but he didn't because he knew the jap was a grappler. Had this been a street fight he wouldn't have known this and he'd have made the japs fight easier.
>>
>>34054692
>stat8stically speaking

What fucking statistics you god damn retard?

You cant just say "statistically speaking" then spew any bullshit you want as if it's fact.
>>
>>34054649
>sticks around to shake his opponent's hand after the ref calls it.
Love me some good sportsmanship.
>>
>>34054659
pretty much
there are plenty of people who are better qualified to teach self-defense but marc macyoung is a reasonably literate guy (honestly makes me doubt the stories about his "criminal past") and has a blog so he's gotten himself some publicity. he kind of made a name for himself back when nobody in the "self-defense" sphere paid attention to h2h fighting
>>
>>34054828
>But hey you know more than me because of a few street fights you've witnessed.
i also trained for a few years a form of mixed martial arts intended for street fighting.
>Do you mind explaining to me how "ring rules" give the smaller guy an advantage?
ring rules simply change what works and what doesn't. a lot of moves you see in mma works because of the rules of mma simple as that. every martial art will acquire over time a top effectiveness for it's ruleset. you can't really apply bjj for boxing rules to give you an awfully obvious example. there will always be moves that are forbidden in competitions (and of course any practice) otherwise the injuries and lethality would skyrocket. and these rules shape the technique that works.

i remember an example where a guy who did wresting tried to grab my legs cam in low and i just punched the back of his head with everything i had. he went out cold. you can do the same with elbow for better measure. it's a strictly forbidden move of course so coming in low will work in mma competitions really well.
>>
>>34054893
well most of his advice was very sound from my background in martial arts boxing and medieval fencing and skullduggery.

he basically said don't get into a knife fight, but if you have to deploy longer ranged weapon. and yeah that is the best advice so far i heard from anyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y49rv3QBtkk
>>
>>34052767
When fighting for your life there are no rules or regulations and because of this techniques become less useful. Martial arts are taught with regulations of their respective sports. If you need to fight for your life you need to be prepared to rip their eyes out with your fingers or tear their throat out with your teeth.
>>
>>34054844
>What fucking statistics you god damn retard?
well count how many times smaller dudes beat larger dudes against the opposite. there is your statistics. i never wrote down exact numbers or kept a log experience just piled up along the years. of course my personal sample is not that big but it should also tell you something that weight classes were introduced because the spectators were bored as fuck and the smaller fighters tended to come out in very bad shape.
>>
>>34054900

First of all retard, I was never arguing that MMA or the arts that encompass it, is 100% street effective. What I want to know, is HOW does that give the bigger guy the advantage? Your original argument is that ring rules giv the smaller guy the advantange. In your example, the smaller guy can just as easily strike the back of the head if the bigger guy shoots in for a double.
>>
>>34054926
literally re-reading his knife-fighting blog posts he says some shit about legal use of deadly force that is totally wrong in the first few paragraphs.

the point being the knife fight he talks about is mostly mythical. usually in actual street crimes there's
>disproportionate armament (one guy has a knife, the other guy has nothing)
>surprise (the guy being cut/stabbed generally doesn't find out until after being cut or stabbed several times, sometimes not even then)
>entanglement (because of disproportionate armament, there is no bowie fencing bullshit, both parties grapple and jockey for position)

so there's no "oh he has a knife, i'll do this" kind of strategy. odds are if a knife comes into play you will have no forewarning, all you can do is grapple, control the knife arm, get a tie up, and end the guy trying to stab you. no time to access a "longer-ranged" weapon,
>>
>>34052767
>in a fight for your life?
i somehow missed that part, if i fight for my life i'm gonna stab the shit out of the other dude like a singer machine. it's not gonna be boxing or wrestling or jew jutsu, i will be clawing his eyes out and spilling his guts.

meh sounds spergy but what else can you do? play the blind karate master? wait for him to deploy some weapon heroically disarm him against all odds and spare his life but teach him a valuable lesson?
>>
>>34055031
>What I want to know, is HOW does that give the bigger guy the advantage?
he will grab you and smash you into the concrete and put his knee in your windpipe. that's how.
>>
>>34055049

Lol so due to the ring rules, it happens to be the reason that nigger didn't grab and smash the jap into the ground and put his knee on the japs windpipe hu? And here I was thinking it was because the jap was the better grappler LOL. Hey guys... that nigger risked permanent injury to his knee even though it was perfectly allowed for him to do what this anon stated under those rules LOL.

Go home retard. Don't give people advice on stuff you know nothing about. I swear every fucking male thinks he's an expert on combat.
>>
>>34055043
this is great, you sound exactly like someone who has no fighting experience but pretends he does.

any decent boxer i know can do more damage with a handful of punches than with fucking eye claws and gut spilling (???). if it comes down to it a BJJ guy can and will fucking neck crank you until you're paralyzed from the neck down and you have to drive your motorized wheelchair with your fucking tongue.
>>
>>34055031
>In your example, the smaller guy can just as easily strike the back of the head if the bigger guy shoots in for a double.
i'm not saying he can't but the effectiveness of the two moves will be miles apart depending on who does it the big dude or the small dude.

i never said a smaller guy can't win a fight against a bigger one it's not like i never did but assuming some basic competence most of the time he won't win.

i have known a guy who did aikido he was a pretty big and heavy guy and had years of extensive training. it was hell to grapple with him. the same experience in a smaller package simply wouldn't have worked. if it was a 45kg girl i would have packed her up like spare socks and even a 50kg guy would have been easily had. but our friend was a 110kg and hard like stone. it felt more like fighting with a chimp than a man. so this guy is interesting because he could beat all his seniors because of his size. of course advancement was not based on that and it was all sort of jap bullshit like how long you can kneel like a statue and whatnot.
>>
>>34055034
Fucking weak ass humans. I'll just go super saiya-jin and knock him back with my explosive aura. Then I'll let him stab me, and I'll relish the look of surprise when his knife shatters against my ki-infused skin.
>>
>>34055088
>any decent boxer i know can do more damage with a handful of punches than with fucking eye claws and gut spilling (???).
uhm no that's bullshit. i want some of what you are smoking seriously. live out your martial arts fantasies on image boards just don't try this shit for reals.
>>
>>34055111

Not him but bro... dont you get it? Youre the one larping with your chinese tiger claw bullshit.

A boxer would counter you so hard and fast, you'd never see it coming. You'll only know about it when youre in the hospital and the Doctor tells you that you hit your head on concrete falling down and now you're permanently retarded.
>>
>>34055158
nah dude i'm not saying i can claw someone eye out or anything it gives you time, a hell of a distraction possibly make him close his eyes tight. the knife part will work that's guaranteed.
>A boxer would counter you so hard and fast, you'd never see it coming.
uhm. yeah that's bullshit. i boxed competitively for a few years as an amateur. you are talking out of your ass.
>>
>>34055208
>hurr disembowelment

that frat bro some asian kid karambit'd a while back had his bowels poking out. despite all his BS about how badly hurt he was, he literally didn't notice he was hurt until he felt his own blood pooling in his pocket. he was also back in the gym in 2 weeks. so yeah...
>>
>>34054975
>well count how many times smaller dudes beat larger dudes against the opposite. there is your statistics.

No its not cockbiter, especially because that's not the premise of the topic. It's whether training and experience beat size and strength.

But if you are gonna play that shit, cite a fucking source other than "I say so"
>>
>>34055229
>It's whether training and experience beat size and strength.
and it doesn't _GENERALLY_
you can find examples for it obviously you can find examples of men beating bears to submission with a chair leg.
>>
>>34054900
>i remember an example where a guy who did wresting tried to grab my legs cam in low and i just punched the back of his head with everything i had. he went out cold.

Things that didn't happen. You're not an angle to give a strong punch when a wrestler is shooting on you.
>>
>>34055223
it's a figure of speech, i wouldn't slash so much just stab like a sewing machine like i said. that's what works best based on ample video evidence and police reports.
>>
>>34052767
Its all about that lucky hit, kid
>>
>>34055111
>hi, I've never been punched in my life, please listen to my opinions on fighting
>>
>>34055254
of course you are what the fuck you are talking about? switch stance as you push his head down with left then bam right to the brainstem.

i mean the guy fucked up and maybe i couldn't do the same to some mma world champion in all likelihood. but that's not what we are talking about here. op hopes he can take a few classes in a mcdojo and after a year he can beat up anyone. yeah no.
>>
>>34055208

If you boxed like you say you did. You'd know that a boxer, would literally KO someone in an average street fight. Now all of a sudden you think some random asshole is going to take the street fighter the whole 5 rounds?
>>
>>34055280
i have been punched in the head about 2000 times give or take, and there was only one time it had an effect that resulted in me losing. i got a snappy jab to the chin nice and clean and precise. but that is what rarely works out in a street brawl irl.
>>
>>34055250
Except that it does? All the time.

You've probably never trained anything but commando LARP or weights in your life. Cite a fucking a source since your speaking "statistically"
>>
>>34055287

If it were as easy as switching stances, you'd figure by now no mma fighter would ever be taken down lol
>>
>>34055289
>You'd know that a boxer, would literally KO someone in an average street fight.
yeah sure. no arguments there. but you telling me a boxer would magically do this or that is funny. i know something about the limitations of boxers as i did some and watched a shittons of boxing from ringside or in tv. i love boxing don't get me wrong still thinking about going back ever now and then. but i have serious reservations about it being applicable for street fighting or self defense.
>>
>>34053686

Pretty much this, or at least I would think

It's not that learning how to fistfight isn't useful, it's just a hell of a lot better to shoot rather than risk getting your head torn off by a basketball American on bath salts because you wanted to play fisticuffs
>>
>>34055262
>it's a figure of speech, i wouldn't slash so much just stab like a sewing machine like i said.
>hurrr the bad advice i gave is just a figure of speech.

>that's what works best based on ample video evidence and police reports.
yes i know, thats why i called you out

>>34055287
maybe if you're andre the giant and he's fucking mini-me

>>34055311
this guy is bar-brawling with guys who learned takedowns and striking from watching the UFC and now he thinks martial arts are useless cause these shits don't know what they're doing
>>
File: 3dc5033.jpg (61KB, 350x430px) Image search: [Google]
3dc5033.jpg
61KB, 350x430px
>>34055287
How the fuck are you going to punch pic related, retard? The only way you could have possibly pulled that off is if they weren't doing the technique correctly in the first place.
>>
>>34055311
well the guy was a wrestler not a world renown mma fighter. chances are whomever you fight on the streets will not be either.
>>
>>34055307

He's not going to cite a source because he's an overgrown out of shape fat loser who wants to hold on to his imaginary street fighting superiority. Either that or a loser lazy manlet whimi wants to blame the world. I on the other hand can cite hundreds of fights from all combat sports showing that it's the guy in the middle when it comes to height, that usually wins. Not the taller or smaller, but the middle. Proving that yes, a smaller can quite in fact beats the taller guy more often.
>>
>>34055325
or instead you get your draw all fucked up cause the other guy has arms too

>>34055330
how to double-leg correctly is like the most fundamental of greco-roman wrestling moves

you fought a guy who watched the nate diaz v macgregor fight
>>
>>34055304
>HURR DURR I totally boxed for years and never got hurt

Youre lying and you're stupid
>>
>>34055321

It's not the end all be all... but compared to the Chinese tiger claw bullshit... it's god like
>>
>>34055329
>How the fuck are you going to punch pic related, retard?
before this happened. go back a couple of frames and i can show you about when. or if you have to just use the elbow. i know it's against the rules and shit, we talked about that.

but i give you that when you are already in that position you are kind of fucked already. everything has it's time and place.
>>
>>34055358
>HURR DURR I'll just elbow him during the take down

Was super effective in this fight
https://youtu.be/jd1KDz1X7iE
>>
>>34055347
no he was an amateur wrestler. i don't know if he competed but i always assumed so. i was kind of expecting him to try that.
>>34055354
protecting the face and eyes is a strong reflex in humans. if you want him to flinch fuck up his move or close his eyes go for the eyes try it!
if you can scratch his eyeballs even better. he will have a hard time opening them.
>>
>>34055377
well elbowing the back is not exactly what i'm talking about here nignog.
>>
>>34055378
>no he was an amateur wrestler. i don't know if he competed but i always assumed so. i was kind of expecting him to try that.
so he was fucking nothing, there's basically no progression for wrestlers past collegiate.
>>
anyways im done with this thread
i think mr. fake boxer eye claw ninja disemboweler has obviously been exposed as a fucking walter mitty
>>
>>34055395
>>34055395
What you're "talking about" either didn't happen or was done on a guy who didn't know what he was doing in the first place

Knees, elbows, and punches to the head are legal in mma during a double leg take down. They don't happen. The only consistently effective way to defend against that kind of takedown is to sprawl
>>
>>34055347
>how to double-leg correctly
now here is the thing, when you have your range the other has to break in first. you can't do a takedown from a strike range. no matter what you do this move opens up the attacker makes him vulnerable. more often than not the rules of the fight are the only thing protecting him from getting rekt. gently guiding his head into a knee would be chills play in most cases. of course in retrospect and looking from outside it's easy to be smart.
>>
>>34055439
Knees to the head on a takedown are entirely legal in mma. If it's "child's play" Why aren't we seeing it all the time?

Maybe you're just a larping retard who doesn't know what he's talking about
>>
>>34055439
In UFC rules you're allowed to knee someone in the face as they come in for a double leg, dumbass. It happens from time to time but not as often as you think. If you fuck it up at all you're 100% dead, not even a single chance of recovering your posture cause you cannot sprawl anymore. Just goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>What you're "talking about" either didn't happen or was done on a guy who didn't know what he was doing in the first place
he fucked up that simple. i fucked up too, because i didn't want to hurt him bad i was just very hyped up.
>Knees, elbows, and punches to the head are legal in mma during a double leg take down.
strikes to the back of head or neck are not legal nignog what are you talking about?
>>
>>34055439

Idiot, knees to the head of a guy shooting in for a take-down are 100% legal, and even though there have been knockouts that go by that way, they're such an incredibly low percentage move that most people don't even bother to try because they know they'll most likely miss and with a knee up in the air they're even more susceptible to being taken down.

Jesus man, the more you talk, you're showing how little you know.

It would be like me trying to discuss thermodynamics with a guy who majored in it while all I did was watch an episode of cosmos, that's how silly you sound.
>>
>>34055463
>If you fuck it up at all you're 100% dead
yeah there is that... it was never hard for me to do it, but i never competed in world class mma.
>>
>>34055474

But you're not talking about those now are you? You're talking about a knee to a guy shooting in, in which case it would be to his face or jaw.
>>
>>34055476
you can't hold the head while you knee nigga the two combined is pretty easy mode.
>>
>>34055414

He exposed himself, the more he talks, the more he shows himself to know nothing.
>>
>>34055484
whatever works at the moment. my point is you have many options to address a tackle most off which are illegal in ufc for example.
>>
>>34055474
In modern mma, the head yes. You can knee someone on the way in, yet it happens maybe .00001% of the time.

If we go back further into the older ufc days, pride, and vale tudo where those back of the head strikes WERE legal you will still never see that shit happen on a shoot.
>>
this guy still thinks you can punch the back of someone's head while they shoot for a takedown...
>>
>>34055463

Ayup. As seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaEse1f6oGY
>>
>>34055490
Yes you can you fucking retard. Have you never heard of the thai clinch?
>>
>>34055518
>If we go back further into the older ufc days, pride, and vale tudo where those back of the head strikes WERE legal you will still never see that shit happen on a shoot.
fuck you now i have to watch a ton of old crap footage.
>>
>>34055512
except all the feasible options you gave are fucking legal.
>>
>>34055528
i faintly remember that shit being explicitly illegal. i guess i have been wrong about that one.
>>
>>34055546
lol if you thought it was illegal you didn't know anything, it's fundamental to MT which is one of the most popular styles in MMA
>>
>>34055512

The only option which isn't feasible in MMA, is stricking the back of his head, and even then it has happened in plenty of MMA fights where dirty fighters literally target the back of the head 100% trying to stop the takedown, and they STILL get taken down.

A famous case of this was American Wrestler Mark Kerr vs Croatian Kickboxing legend Branko Cikatic. Branko was a tall, powerful, known for his KO strikes crazy mother fucker, 6'4 and he knocked out the best kickboxer ever, Ernesto Hoost, TWICE.

When he fought Mark Kerr, he started dropping illegal elbows to the back of the neck and head at 100% power, Mark Kerr proceeded to get angry and unleash a major asswhooping the next split second he took Branko down.

Now you're telling me, that you have the power of a 6'4 kickboxer known for his KO power? You're telling me you have his speed, technique and accuracy? Because even if you're telling me he did, it still wasn't enough. And no matter how big or strong this wrestler is, the back of the head cannot be thickened or filled with muscle.

So if a roided up monkey striking the back of someones head wont prevent a takedown, what makes you think you can?

>oh but I wont be fighting an high level grappler in the street

Sure, but you're also not a roided up MMA fighter yourself, so putting it in perspective, by bringing down the scale of technique from both of you guys, you'll still be taken down.
>>
>>34055546

If you think that one of the most sought after and overused techniques in MMA/Muay Thai is illegal, and it explicitly shows us EVEN MORE, how little you know about what you're talking about.

Again, the REASON you don't see it often, is because it's INCREDIBLY hard to accomplish.
>>
File: 1474768604487.jpg (122KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474768604487.jpg
122KB, 960x640px
These threads always start out the same. And they always end the same way.

>First couple of posts, fat neckbeards and skellies who watch a lot of Jet Li movies come and talk about how MMA, Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ, Wrestling, Sambo, Boxing, Kickboxing, etc would never work in a streetfight
>They get schooled with plenty of examples and logic, eventually they start talking about how size matters out of nowhere and due to size differences those martial arts wont work in the street
>Then proceed to be proved wrong yet again by plenty of examples and logic
>Then they mention that due to weapons in the street, MMA is useless
>No one is denying that, everyone should use guns first and foremost (though there are a decent number of examples of grapplers disarming knife wielding attackers)
>I was right all along, claim the neckbeards despite never having been in an actual fight their whole lives.
>>
>>34053032
A man that wants to fight knows how to do what's needed to inflict damage. It's instinctual, and while you won't do it with as much grace it's not as if you need to learn how to walk. If you are highly trained in fighting people then yes, you can exploit the common behaviors enraged people show by instinct. But there is always a limit. I would bet on a guy 50 lbs heavier and a half a foot taller but untrained versus a trained boxer just about any day. About the only thing a man has to keep in mind when fighting in such a scenario is to tuck the chin because the only way they're going to get their shit pushed in is if the smaller opponent hits them with a quick hit to the jaw. I've seen some boxers try and fight in those scenarios, and while they were wiry motherfuckers they lost more often than they won.

Everyone should train themselves in how to fight. But there is a reason that nobody bothers trying to fight a fucking gorilla. I'm not going to bother trying to fight a guy that is obviously my superior unless I absolutely have to, no matter how much training I have.
>>
>>34055716
depends on how good the boxer is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0A6InO67E
>>
>>34055716
This is halfthor, he is one of, if not, the strongest man in the world.

Now here he is getting his shit pushed in by a chubby no name boxer

https://youtu.be/23LR6pWEpKU
>>
>>34052767
my techique is usually to set off my bomb vest if someone hits me
>>
>>34055716

There's been literally 10+ videos in this thread proving you wrong. And I know about another 100. would you like me to post them?
>>
>>34055764

The idiot thinks that the difference between a guy 50lbs heavier is the same as the difference between a man and a gorilla. No amount of video proof you show him will convince him otherwise.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0iZcLIrTQ
>>
>>34055882
No I don't, don't put words in my mouth. I'm simply saying that there is a limit to training in regards to simple strength and ferocity. I have some fair training in boxing but there is no fucking way I'd willingly fight a guy that's 6'5" 250lbs unless I had no choice, because it's a huge gap in power and reach.

>>34055859
Go ahead. I never said it cannot happen. Just that I would not bet on it. Can you flip heads four times in a row? Sure. It happens all the time. I still wouldn't bet on it. Raw power and strength is preferable to technique after a time, and for a lot of people it's not that much extra.

I mean if I showed a hundred videos of manlets getting btfo by huge guys would it change your mind? I doubt it.
>>
>>34053740
>What happened to that primal rage we had back when we were hiding among the bushes?
It was tempered by the knowledge that if you hit the ground the other guy's buddies are all going to stomp on your head.

>>34052767
>Will a physically weaker but more technically proficient fighter stand a chance against a stronger, more randomly-swinging opponent?
That depends vastly on the extent of difference and to some level the environs.
>>
>>34055559
>>34055592
i don't know much about pro mma fighting in the us. it's illegal in most systems. i know street brawling and some amateur boxing. still punching the back of head is illegal in almost every system and it really works wonders if you use it. you can hook your forearm into the nape of his neck that one is good too.
>>34055581
>oh but I wont be fighting an high level grappler in the street
no i said you can't expect that, but world class is different then what you can reasonably expect. if you think you gonna fight those guys just lube up your asshole and faint.
>>
>>34053882
>best thing he did was point out to all the cunts in the room how stupid it was to rely on mace.
Oh, come on, what are the odds that you just happen to wind up in a fight with the one Supreme Chancellor in history who was also a Sith Lord? Mace is fine, fucker can punch droids to death and shit.
>>
>>34056101
>i don't know much about pro mma fighting in the us
it's obvious you don't know much about anything, you can just stop pretending now
>>
>>34054852
https://youtu.be/ot7XK_C3uWQ?t=186

Sometimes asians ain't too sportsmanlike.
>>
>>34055999
I literally posted a video of the strongest man in the world getting beat by an amateur and you still think you're right.

Lick my fucking butthole.
>>
>>34056116
blah blah... you are going into the my daddy is stronger than your daddy level of arguments. fuck that.
if you were here i could show you what i'm talking about. interestingly when i can show people tend to understand better.

i remember exactly zero times when someone beat me that was weaker than me. i have been beaten plenty of times i have felt outclassed and helpless a few times but never by someone smaller and especially never by some manlet. just because there is 1 or 2 in a million that can do it you can't make it a rule.
>>
>>34054614

>how would this gone any different in a street fight?

Nig could have strangled him.
His punches would have been way more effective too, since he wouldn't have gloves on.
>>
>>34055764

>getting his shit pushed in by a chubby no name boxer

If the guy didn't have a helmet, and boxing gloves weren't being used, he would have been knocked out in the first few seconds.
>>
>>34056193
>if you were here i could show you what i'm talking about.
show me how your fist bends around backwards to punch a guy in the nape as he does a textbook double leg??? ok i'd like to see that

>interestingly when i can show people tend to understand better.
no surprise, you're a shitty writer.
>>
>>34056193
>say that to my face, fucker not online

Alright lol

You know it's easy to be undefeated when you never fight someone qualified.
>>
>>34056176
Because it's not representative of a street fight, which is the purview of this thread. They're wearing gear, it's in a ring, and they have a set number of ways they can attack and defend. They had set rounds where the boxer was capable of resting and recuperating, while Thor was left gassed. What's more, it's not like the guy was weak himself by that much of a long shot. He clearly took clean hits from Thor and didn't drop like a bale of hay.

Are you saying that the best minimumweight boxer that ever lived would have a chance in this same situation? Would he have even been able to take the first fucking punch? Even with gear? Fuck no.
>>
>>34056217
>His punches would have been way more effective too, since he wouldn't have gloves on.
Gloves are there to protect your hands from breaking, not to make punches lighter.
>>
>>34056234
You just never quit, do you?

Studies have shown that headgear does literally nothing to protect against concussions or knockouts in boxing.
>>
>>34056252

>having a cushion on your head does not protect you from blows to the head
lol alright
Also, at no point was the strongman getting his shit pushed in.
He clearly won, despite being more tired at the end.
>>
>>34056236
english is not my first language and 4chan eroded a lot on it i guess. your fist don't have to bend backwards. they call it setting up the shot after that you are fucked you don't let it if he still tries he is open to you and in a fucked position. that simple.
>>34056240
it was not meant to be a threat but i could show you better maybe you would understand.
>>
>>34056278
It doesnt, fucktard

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2293803/Headgear-boxers-banned-bid-REDUCE-head-injuries.html
>>
>>34056278
>at no point was he getting his shit pushed in

Then you obviously don't box. 90% of the strongmans punches either didn't connect or landed on the boxers forearms. Then, whenever the boxer gave him a stiff jab he turned his head away and backed off. By the end, the strongman wasn't even defending himself and took open shots before the bell rang.

And then to top it all off he fucking collapsed after only two rounds of sustained fighting.
>>
File: whitegirlscantfight.webm (2MB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
whitegirlscantfight.webm
2MB, 270x480px
Leverage is KEY. Note how this young woman applies concepts of levers to obliterate the competition.
>>
>>34056306

Nice job reading the article

>While the move sounds counterintuitive, the theory is that opponents don't apply so much force if the head is unprotected.
>>
File: persusVSmedusa.webm (2MB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
persusVSmedusa.webm
2MB, 360x640px
>>34056341
When you master the concept of leverage, no foe is too large for you to beat.
>>
>>34056339

Did you ignore the part of the video where the boxer had obvious injuries to his face?
>>
>>34056339
Uh yeah, he's a strongman, he's not trained to fight in multiple endurance rounds. Good thing they have bells to break up fights when you're doing it for real though huh
>>
File: spin.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
spin.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>34056364
cannot stress the concept of leverage enough
>>
If you're strong as fuck, but you have shitty technique you will lose the fight, end of story. Being just strong doesn't win fights.
>>
>>34056385
I really need to know how that sounds.
>>
>>34056355
Nice job missing the fucking point, even if that is why theres more concussions (even though its actually because the headgear is shit and doesnt absorb impact)let's explain why you're still wrong.

>HURR DURR he totally would have knocked him out in one punch without pads
>gets shown an article that says head injuries were even more present with headgear than without
>HURR DURR that doesn't count, it's only because they were holding back without it
>even though a full blast punch with headgear didn't stop the amateur boxer I'm sure a held back punch without it totally would have knocked him out

Just stop man
>>
>>34056339
>And then to top it all off he fucking collapsed after only two rounds of sustained fighting.
gassing out sucks ass man. with big muscles you gas out quickly. strongmen have extreme low repetition muscles. it's a miracle he held out that long.
>>
>>34056401
Found it.
Anticlimactic.
>>
>>34056364
applied physics rulz, but when wrestlers use it on your ass it's not so fun.
>>
>>34056373
>implying the bell break wasn't the only thing stopping the the strongman from keeling over before the second round

Yall motherfuckers are dumb.
>>
>>34056409

You didn't actually address either of my two points with this autistic rambling.
When you finally do, I'll reply again.
(*^_^)
>>
>>34056419

0:40-0:50
That's the time in a real fight where the boxer would have lost.
Instead, they break it up and get their distance again and keep fighting.
>>
>>34056370
So what? A bruise doesn't mean much. Gassing out at the end of a round and taking punches without defending yourself does.
>>
>>34056440

Getting tired at the end, and taking 3 punches means he lost the fight in your mind?
If it was a real fight, it wouldn't have even gotten that far.
>>
>>34056426
You didn't make any point except "HE TOTALLY WOULD HAVE KNOCKED HIM OUT IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE HEADGEAR" then when shown evidence that concussions happen just as frequently with it you respond with bullshit.
>>
>>34056409
Not that other guy.
But where in the article does it say that headgear is not good at absorbing impact.
The main takeaways I picked up was
>less force is used without headgear
>obscures peripheral vision
>people take more risks with headgear
But maybe it's just that I'm drain bamaged from all the beatings I took with headgear on.
>>
>>34056452
You're right, because the strongman would have gassed out even sooner without the round break.
>>
>>34056454
It's kind of sad that you can read that guy's post and aren't able to take away information like a normal person.
>>
>>34056437
Holy shit, you really are retarded. The ref didn't separate that, the strong man backed off after eating a few punches.

Do you have autism?
>>
>>34056464

He won the real fight before that. Look at 40-50 seconds.
That's the point in a real fight where you lose.
The guy's knees buckled, and he was on the ropes.

Also in a real fight, he would have lasted longer due to adrenaline, but that's irrelevant.
>>
>>34056477

The ref didn't have to separate it.
It was a friendly boxing match.
That's what you do in a friendly match, you autist.
>>
>>34056459
The point he made was that hafthor would have knocked out the boxer without headgear. The article states that knockouts and head injuries are more common with headgear. Obviously, the headgear can't be good enough at preventing knock outs if it's more common with it on. That's what you're supposed to take away.
>>
>>34056409
>>34056459
Also,
>Mr Butler added that technology meant that gloves have also improved since then, helping to reduce the impact of blows to the head.
What's stopping them from improving headgear, and wouldn't a combination of these improved gloves and headgear be a plus?
>>
>>34056492
What an embarrassing post you've made...
>>
>>34056492
I see.
I don't agree that the boxer would have been knocked out since a boxer should be able to move out of the way, slip and all that jazz.
But the article doesn't even mention that "knockouts are more common with headgear" it just mentions that head injuries, such as concussions, are more common with headgear on, though I just don't see how that is.
>>
I've never been overly strong. But, I am oddly good at violevce, I most people arent sure why but I chalk it up to the ability to supress the panic reaponse and keep my head during a conflict. I really dont know for sure though
>>
>>34056488
He clearly was trying to knock him out lol, he just couldnt. He turns his head away and backs off every time he eats a jab.

Pay attention to what you're watching. My guess is that you're inexperienced. That's why you see a whole bunch of punches and think he must be winning.
>>
>>34056454
Whatever you say, I guess they wear headgear in boxing to cause MORE injury to the fighters and not less.

Shut the fuck up you retard nobody is buying your bullshit Dailymail article. If you had ever taken a punch in your life between headgear and no headgear you'd know it softens the blow.
>>
>>34056641
>they wear headgear in boxing to cause MORE injury to the fighters and not less
http://www.aiba.org/blog/aiba-confirm-rio-2016-olympic-games-will-be-headguard-free-for-first-time-in-32-years/
>>
>>34056641
if you've never heard of this headguard injury news it's obvious you haven't been paying attention to fighting news very much
>>
The reason you see more head injuries in modern boxing since the introduction of personal protective gear is largely because of two reasons:

1. Gloves offer such protection to the hands that an individual can deliver repeated powerful blows to the upper head(temporal area mostly) without breaking their hands. Skulls are stronger than hands, because of this lethal strikes to the head are very uncommon in bare knuckles boxing.

2. Concussions and TBIs are a complicated phenomena. While headgear certainly reduces the damage from any individual blow to the head, it also allows for bouts to go for longer. Neurological damage has a very strong chronic element to it, repeated smaller impacts may very well cause more damage over time than one or two big impacts will.
>>
>>34053631
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYfhMf4ULas

I consider it more of sliding scale. Skill is definitely more important than strength, but if a physically gifted and incredibly strong person has basic training he can overcome a more highly skilled opponent. Skill can only take you so far, a skilled fighter needs to add strength as well in order to improve.
>>
File: 20170115023204_1.jpg (172KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
20170115023204_1.jpg
172KB, 678x960px
Krav Maga instructor and Karate Black belt here

>inb4 lies
Then just skip this reply, whatever, it's your choice

Knowing how to defend yourself is pretty useful and a strong, randomly-swinging opponent will get BTFO by anyone who knows how to fight, specially since his punches will probably actually be weaker since he doesn't know how to apply weight to them.

By training you learn how to move and where to move during a fight so you can outskill them in the same way someone trained to use a gun can outskill a no-gun person.

This is valid for pretty much anything in life to be desu desu uguu.
>>
>>34056776
I'm the guy you're responding too. I entirely 100% believe. That's why all serious fighters have a conditioning and strength program. I just take major issue with the retards who think 50lbs is an insurmountable challenge.
>>
>>34056776
Also I should mention that puds, the guy in that video, has gotten his ass handed to him about 10 times before that video by smaller fighters. This is years after he started training to fight for real.
>>
>>34054900
>i remember an example where a guy who did wresting tried to grab my legs cam in low and i just punched the back of his head with everything i had.
Go away, Shougo, you were worst Holyland.
>>
How useful is this information?
https://youtu.be/WcjFXcvLYdg
>>
>>34055100
>needing to use a near-mythological super powered state to deal with a single human.
Freezia did nothing wrong.
>>
>>34056946
if it really worked as reliably as the narrator says everyone would be doing this in the UFC. better than nothing but combatives-types and fairbairn fetishists have seriously overestimated the effectiveness of these techniques.
>>
>>34056385
>>34056401
TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!!!
>>
>is a well aimed 22 more effective than a 50 bmg being fired blindfolded?
Um.. Yes
>>
>>34052767
of course. that's the whole point of judo. I train at a small school so we usually have to share mat time with kids and gramps. size only matters to an extent.
>>
>>34057151
Probably. The blindfold doesn't prevent the 50 from hitting, just makes it less likely.
>>
>>34057236
you understand analogies
>>
>>34056217

How would he have strangled the superior grappler??? LOL fucking... shit you truly know nothing.

And then you talk about the gloves protecting the Jap? HAHAHAHAHAHA the gloves are meant to PROTECT THE HANDS. They allow the nig nog to punch harder without worrying about breaking his hand, and even with the gloves broken hands are common. How do you think damage occurs to people in most fights? The hardness and density of the fist? It's done via concussion. Its the energy of the blow being transfered to the brain. The gloves allow for the guy to punch harder. Everyone literally knows this. Ask a boxer... hell... ask Mike Tyson, he broke his hands in every street fight.

You can't punch hard from bottom position you have no leverage either. In the street the Jap would have proceeded to break every bone in the nigs body and there would be nothing the nig could do.
>>
>>34056546

To be fair he was winning. But nothing he threw no matter how big or strong came even remotely close to finishing the nobody amateur chubber. Then the mountain gassed as is natural of people that big, and by then, chubs could have continued and would have eventually finished the mountain
>>
>>34056482

Wow you're stupid. It's called an Adrenaline Dump and that actually makes you gass out 10 times faster.

I dont judge fights like a nigger does. Had that been a real fight it would have gone on infinitely and the mountain would have lost.

This is extemely commom in mma where a roid monkey goes apeshit for a minute, then gets destroyed by the weaker but non-tired opponent.
>>
>How important is technique in a fight for your life?

Absolute importance.

Yes.
>>
>>34056790
Smashing tale chap. No comment, aside from your pic. Like Bill and Ted, "I'm totally weak, couldn't possibly fight". I've saved it for reflection and later use. Thankyou.
>>
File: MDAgunsmithing.jpg (40KB, 424x185px) Image search: [Google]
MDAgunsmithing.jpg
40KB, 424x185px
>>34052767
Order of importance, Autist who's been in a few fights edition:
>Mindset: anyone who just doesn't have it in them to use violence to win will lose, period.
>Aggression: a pretty good throw/trip/punch thrown through the target area right fucking now is better than a picture perfect punch thrown after resetting your stance
>Aerobic capacity: people who can fight for more than 30 seconds and not be sucking wind are given a decisive advantage if they can get through the first barrage and keep fighting
>Spacial Awareness: being able to "feel" how the balance of a grapple is shifting or gauge *just* how far the target area is to take advantage of reach is incredibly important and often overlooked
>Technique: a grappler who knows a single hip throw or an amateur boxer who can only throw one punch well will mop the floor with someone who doesn't have have any experience
>Strength: having a base level of fitness is important and more strength usually means more speed in striking. Beach/gym muscle doesn't mean nearly as much as people think it does.
>Weight: all else being equal, having a decisive weight advantage makes it a lot easier to put your opponent on their ass. Weight advantage does not extend to lardasses who have let fitness lapse, though. Lean and mean beats tubby 9 times of 10.

Caveat: this is all assuming the fight is between two unarmed people and none is an extreme outlier in the population (ie. a 112 lb ultramarathoner usually doesn't win out over a 180 lb farm boy just because they're an extreme outlier in aerobic fitness) with the exception of technique. Someone who's trained even basic moves ten thousand times can have a decisive advantage over someone who's got advantages on them in a few other areas.

>inb4 yeah, but you're not my favorite WWE personality.

No, I'm not. I'm just an anon who's been in a few fights off a mat/ring and more than a couple on a mat. This is just what I've observed.
>>
>>34056790
>Krav Maga instructor
money grubbin hebrew snake oil salesman detected
>>
>>34055034
>odds are if a knife comes into play you will have no forewarning, all you can do is grapple
then you are already thoroughly fucked. we have practiced this shittons with daggers. the knife guy will have an overwhelming advantage. it's literally the stuff of legend to win it barehanded. sometimes your opponent fucks up and you have a chance and if you can use it then you can live.
>>
>>34052767
Yes and no. A trained person who doesn't have the will to win will fail. A trained person with the will to win is a monster. SF guys aren't taught hand to hand in and intensive way, just enough to get by. What they're taught is to be violent. Eyes, balls, neck, break bones and shatter ribs. That kind of stuff. That's what wins, technique is helpful but not the end all be all.
>>
>>34054900
>it's a strictly forbidden move of course so coming in low will work in mma competitions really well.
It only worked against clueless boxers back in the 2007 when people not accustomed with grappling existed in MMA. Now everyone just sprawls low approach, even "strikers" have grappling game at least at level the jiu jitsu black belt. BTW back then when it worked downward elbows were no banned...
>>
>>34052767

Absolutely.
>>
>>34063527
maybe it wouldn't work in the top mma rings anymore it sure as hell gonna work on some random joe trying it for reals after a few years of dry humping in some club. or not who knows it's just one thing you can do out of many.

i don't want to pretend i would have a snowflakes chance in hell against the top fighters in the world or even nationally. that's different shit. i can however do 99% of random geeks doing this or that for 5-10 years especially if they are smaller than me.
>>
>>34053631
not posting gracie v the guy who carried the cross. that's a best fight in mma history.
>>
>>34052767
My technique is to run away. If I can't run away the situation is FUBAR and requires a gun.

My cousin thought he was hot shit and is now a vegetable. I'd take being a pussy every time over risking doing that to my family and friends, his parents are hollow shells and his gf is in rehab again.
>>
>>34052767
If you're strong then a body slam will win the fight, if you're smaller and/or weaker just make sure to scratch and poke at the eyes and squeeze on the testicles and adams apple. If you're caught in a headlock or hold then strike repeatedly in either the testicles or side of the ribcage with whatever you can.
>>
>>34052767
Technique and strength are both equally important.
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.