[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a semi-auto shotgun with a drum-mag, filled alternating with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

File: drum.jpg (340KB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
drum.jpg
340KB, 1280x857px
Is a semi-auto shotgun with a drum-mag, filled alternating with half birdshot and half slugs, the best possible tool for a home defence scenario?
>>
>>34052297
u need a bump fire stock too
>>
>>34052297
No
Drum mags for the vepr 12 and saiga 12 are range toys, and not reliable.
Sgm trash.
If molot made a drum mag it might suck too, best keep four tem round mags in a rig. Don't use birdshot, it will be messy in court, as would using alternating rounds in any gun for defense
>>
>>34052309
>Drum mags for the vepr 12 and saiga 12 are range toys, and not reliable.
*citation needed*
>>
>>34052297
Why does every fucking moron on this board think that a Burglar/Intruder is going to be armed with anything more than a knife?

People don't break into houses with guns because they don't want a loud gun shot sound going off attracting attention if SHTF.

Just use a 9mm Pistol.

t. ex-burglar
>>
>>34052498
Why do I care what he is armed with? I want an overwhelming advantage if someone has broken into my home.
>>
>>34052533

the most foolproof way to deal with a burglar is to quietly call the cops and wait for them to handle it, naturally you should be armed yourself but why risk getting shot/stabbed when you can let the people you pay to protect you do the dirty work
>>
>>34052533
1) Do you have a home or are you 14 years old?
2) As soon as you draw the gun, you've got the overwhelming advantage you spanner.
3) If you want to destroy your own "home" with a shotgun then be my guest.

You aren't going to hit the intruder every time so say goodbye to plaster, paint and literally anything hanging on the wall if your going to use the semi-automatic shotgun.

A regular shotgun would do the same as an S/A one.
>>
>>34052297
Sounds like jammomatic.
>>
>>34052564
>If you want to destroy your own "home" with a shotgun then be my guest.
So you'd rather die because you were too scared to shoot up your own home?
>>
>>34052564
>spanner
>plaster
Oh look its a no guns bong trying to weigh in on home defence. Literally get out.
>>
>>34052599
>when someone breaks into your home its because they want to kill you

inb4 'muh gang initiation muh bath salts berserker'
>>
>>34052648
you should politely ask first.
>>
>>34052648
Why would you ever not assume the worst if someone is forcefully entering your home or vehicle

You are not obligated to lower your reaction based on his intent, which you do not know, and should assume is to cause you or your property harm.
>>
>>34052970

which is why you call the cops. theres nothing to gain from hunting the dude down in your house other than the satisfaction of killing someone. call the cops, let them do their job, chill in your bedroom with your gun trained on the door.
>>
>>34052982
OR I could not be a cuck, go defend my shit and hold them at gunpoint until the cops arrive to take this dickhead dindu away.

>Robberies are part and parcel of having things of value
Fucking commies.
>>
>>34052571
>Fuck no you would be totally unable to control that or at least the average shooter would. Fucking no way stick to factory stock man.

4 u
>>
>>34052641
lol this

He can break into their homes WHILE THE PEOPLE ARE INSIDE and it means nothing because he can jail the home owner trying to hurt him.
>>
>>34052297
>alternating with half birdshot and half slugs
there's no reason to use birdshot at all, it's crap. Use all buckshot. Slugs aren't needed at HD ranges. If you have a ranch or something then slugs would be ok, still no reason to alternate if you could swap mags (or just have a freakin rifle that reaches to/past slug distance).
>>
>birdshot for HD

fuck off
>>
>>34053047
>Robberies are part and parcel of having things of value
thanks for putting words in my mouth.

you're making this a manhood thing and that is fucking childish. the only thing you get out of hunting down the criminal yourself is satisfaction, while at the same time risking your life in two ways, one being the robber kills you, and two being you get fucked in the courtroom because of who knows what bullshit.

the problem here is that you people treat home invasion like its fucking christmas eve because you finally get to lawfully kill someone and you don't even have the sense to realize how fucked up that is.
>>
No, the best tool for a home defense scenario is an AR-15.
>>
>>34052571
Go be 12 on some other site
>>
A pistol is fine. Most burglars don't carry guns or weapons because if they get caught with a weapon they can get FUCKED instead of a much lighter sentence being unarmed.
>>
>>34053081
>you're making this a manhood thing and that is fucking childish. the only thing you get out of hunting down the criminal yourself is satisfaction, while at the same time risking your life in two ways, one being the robber kills you, and two being you get fucked in the courtroom because of who knows what bullshit.
Its about self-determination and not needing a third party to wipe your ass for you. Particularly if you live in an area where police response times can be measured in hours on a busy night.
>you don't even have the sense to realize how fucked up that is.
Whats fucked up? If a hypothetical home invader wants to break in and take my shit, how is shoot him not baller?
>>
>>34053081
I have no intention of letting some scumbag dindu stain my rug, but I'm also not letting him walk out with everything outside my bedroom because I'm too much of a chicken shit to confront him. I get it, you're a liberal in a shit state with police 5 minutes away tops, thats just not the reality some of us live with. The chances are if he gets away with it he's going to do it again, I'm not going to let that happen if I can help it.
>>
Is this modern /k/, where we fear unleashing a Vepr 12 on a dindu?
>>
>>34052297
why not just use buckshot?
>>
>>34052498
>implying a .22 is loud
>implying criminals never use silencers
>>
File: 1479748590369.gif (758KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1479748590369.gif
758KB, 625x626px
>>34053379
>>
>>34052297
>birdshot

Useless against humans. It won't kill even through normal clothes. Use buck or go home.
>>
File: 1493313006847m.jpg (36KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493313006847m.jpg
36KB, 577x1024px
>>34052297
No
>>
>>34052562

What sort of soft little ponce just sits back and watches some scrote burgle their property?
>>
>>34052498

>"Ex" burglar
>Giving advice on defense against burglars
>Advocating the less effective option

Gee, I am fucking shocked. Get the fuck out you turbo nigger.
>>
File: 1d9.jpg (41KB, 680x683px) Image search: [Google]
1d9.jpg
41KB, 680x683px
>>34053062
Oh c'mon, he's a big guy
>>
>>34053660
Is it double pump action ?
>>
File: IMG_20170421_172932730.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170421_172932730.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
>>34052309
Go Google "sgm reliability" assface.
Molot doesn't ship thier drum mags stateside, and Russian police who use the vepr use 8-10 rounds because 10 rounds in a shotgun magazine is sort of pushing it when it comes to the Magazine's length compared to the pistol grip, which can make crouching difficult.

I shouldn't be spoon-feeding noguns, but shotguns with magazines vary with reliability, the first vepr I got I had to send back to Atlantic/century. Didn't feed, extract, tried 5, 8, 10, round molot. There is some up in the air information if most vepr12s can take birdshot

Next vepr12s they sent me ran like typewriters, feeds Everything reliably. Sold 11 of them, kept one.

Pic related 5 round Magazine.

Sgm, the only company that makes 25 round drum mags, is completely shit when it comes to just about everything.

They only make $$ because 2/5 mags might work ok and they cost 40-50$ when real molot mags cost 70-95$

This being said, and the general issues mag fed shotguns can have, my HD is a Glock 19 with rmr with osprey, a suppressed scorpion Evo, and a Aug A3.
>>
>>34053798
>>34052387
Meant for this guy, fuck I'm drunk and fucked up. Hate flying.
>>
File: IMG_20170429_110116.jpg (178KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170429_110116.jpg
178KB, 1000x1000px
>>34053066
> what are laws
> why are they stupid in anglistan
> why Commonwealth of nations not kill yet?
> why you lie to me Darwin and say only strong will survive when britbongs still polluting human gene pool with cuckery

Anglospaz: literally kys
>>
>>34052641
>defence
Now who's the bong?
>>
>>34053750
I'm assuming you've never been shot at. All bullets are effective.
>>
>>34052297
I'd rather have a Scorpion or other nearly-SMG, or an SBR.
In practice, just don't live anywhere the risk justifies needing defensive firearms. If you think a home invasion is more likely than a house fire or flood/tornado/quake: move.
>>
No you daft fuck. Shotguns are abysmal HD weapons.

The idea is an 11" suppressed AR SBR with 75gr+ OHP, OTM, or TAP for that sweet, sweet overpen prevention while still knocking people the everything fuck down. Daily reminder that OHP/OTM/TAP go through two sheets of drywall and disintegrate instead of barreling through three walls, your TV, your kid, your dog, and your half-restored Camaro like shotguns do at HD ranges. 'Muh birdshot' is a fucking myth. It still acts like a wrecking ball since it gets next to zero dispersion inside a house and is only MARGINALLY less destructive than a straight up slug. The only thing dumber than using a shotgun is letting fly with combloc M43.
>>
>>34054327
I guess I'll just move to the fucking moon then.
Dipshit. Home invasion will be more likely than ANY of those, ALWAYS, unless you moved somewhere fucking stupid like a Louisiana floodplain or near a Californian forest.
>>
>>34053346
Sad really, I remember the good old days when fearless /k/ommandos defended their domicile with 20mm single shots

>implying any board on a Hungarian horde deodorant form was ever good
>>
>>34052297

No, that just sounds retarded as fuck.
>>
>>34052297
That seems like overkill which the courts will fuck you for.
In general, you can only really get away with minimum force necessary to incapacitate the threat.
Of course, minimum force necessary is widely open to interpretation depending on the specific circumstances
>>
>>34054407
According to the NFPA, there were 1.3 million fires in 2015. http://www.nfpa.org/news-and-research/fire-statistics-and-reports/fire-statistics/fires-in-the-us
According to the FBI, there were only 1.1 million violent crimes. https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases-2015-crime-statistics Home invasion with violence is a vanishingly rare phenomenon in terms of violent crime.
From the 5 minute google I've just done you can see your risk of death by violent home invasion is much lower than your chances of encountering a fire.
>>
>>34052297

>drum mag
>on anything needing to be reliable
>>
>>34052297

>birdshot for home defense
>slugs for home defense

I really hope you're just trolling
>>
>>34052571
who the fuck are you
>>
>>34054327
I live on a hill in New Hampshire, and fires are usually caused by human error. So I have 0 risk of any of those other things happening. Not that there is really any chance of a home invasion, unless a Heroin addict gets lost in the woods; but at least I'm prepared for that
>>
>>34054623
What's wrong with birdshot for HD, serious question? I mean I know it's obviously not the best, but if you have nothing else at least it won't over-penetrate.
>>
>>34052562

>family killed
>But is ok cops be here soon
>>
>>34052297

That you would consider bird shot for hd shows that you've never used it against anything other than clays and paper, if ever even used at all

Retarded idea
>>
>>34052297
Why no a famas?
>>
>>34055777
Trips of truth. I'm starting to think /k/ has forgotten the shear deadliness of the famas.
>>
File: 1493003527506.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1493003527506.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>34052297
>Mag fed Semi-auto shotgun
>With a plastic drum mag
>Shooting a mixture of extremely weak and strong loads

Thread Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8
>>
>>34053076
Its As effective as other rounds in a similar distance
>>
>>34053047
>hold them at gunpoint until the cops arrive
haha hoho haha. I got charged with ADWIK and kidnapping for doing exactly that. It alll depends on the state, the DA, the cops, anything stupid you may have said in the heat of the moment.
Next time, I take a chainsaw to that fucker in the bathtub and call it a day.
>>
File: Getting-shot-birdshot-3.jpg (62KB, 634x498px) Image search: [Google]
Getting-shot-birdshot-3.jpg
62KB, 634x498px
>>34056143
it's not though
>>
>>34055515
it won't even penetrate the person you're shooting. Use buckshot
>>
>>34058632
Not even up close?
>>
>>34058728
NO, jesus christ. The individual pellets arent heavy enough to penetrate enough to inflict a mortal wound, even up close, come on. The only caveat is literally within 10 inches of the muzzle, when the birdshot isnt doing the damage to concussive force of hot gas and fire tear open the target.
>>
>>34058590
going by those entries points those pellets would have destroyed nearly every major organ in his body
>>
>>34058728
Dick Cheney shot an old man in the face at point blank range and he survived with minor scarring, people have been shot mere inches away from their skulls and it bounces off, birdshot is meant for recreational use and probably wouldn't even really damage your house besides the wad embedding itself somewhere. Bird shot is shit for defense, any kind of buck or slugs or go home.
>>
>>34058878
>entry points
Didn't even pen you moron.
>>
>>34058918
only because he got shot in the back where the bones are. if he got shot in the front his internals would be mush. this is extra beneficial bc u will get destroyed in court if u get cought shooting in the back when someone is running away
>>
people who recommend birdshot for indoors have never shot birdshot indoors.

For that matter, they have never shot birdshot at ANYTHING.
>>
>>34059432
Nah you're just a retard.
>>
>>34059736
not an argument
>>
>>34059750
Don't need one, you think half those pellets hit bone.
>>
>>34059799
I dont think you understand how bones work, there arent solid plates of bones across your back you idiot, the only bones in that pic are the spine which is 1 in wide, the ribcage in the upper half where there is equal amounts of ribcage and space between ribs and the shoulder blades. MAYBE half hit bones, but thats not the problem because any idiot can look at the pic and see that the pellets got stopped way before they even contacted bone, and are just under the skin.
>>
>>34052562
Except most areas of the world have police response times of >20 minutes.
>>
>>34054245
Except for 5.45 and .25acp.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.