[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any Wehrmacht reenactors on /k/? I'm looking into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Are there any Wehrmacht reenactors on /k/? I'm looking into purchasing a pair of replica jackboots for an early war impression, and daily use. The problem is, I'm not sure which vendor to go with. I've heard that At The Front's jackboots are of dubious quality, so I'll avoid them at least.

I've gone with lowboots up until now, since I've only done late war impressions. Any advice is appreciated.
>>
I've heard from many people that Russian boots from the 60s make for convincing substitutes, but I've never found a pair in my size.
>>
>>34052015
Hessen antique is good, I have heard of epic militaria as well. Honestly I'm looking to get jack boots as well, for my early war kit as well.
>>
>>34052069
I'll think about hessen then. I've gotten all of my tunics from them, and they've all held up.
>>
>>34052069
Also, I just thought I'd ask your opinion. I've heard stories of NCOs and officers having the bottle green collar of the M36 tunic sewn onto later designs of the field blouse, just because they liked the look of it. Have you heard anything similar? I love the bottle green color as well, but I don't like the internal suspension system of the M36 and M40.
>>
>>34052015
I got mine from SOF Militaria (based in the UK) but they were quite uncomfortable

Go for a pair of Russian boots with leather soles
The German boots with hobnails will be a nightmare if you have to walk on roads or pavement
>>
>>34052145
How so? I'm assuming it will damage the hobnails? Or will it just make walking more difficult?
>>
>>34052015
Plenty of /pol/ teens here op,dont you worry.
>>
>>34052015
I have a pair of bundeswehr parade jackboots in sz 11 I'm willing to sell for a very good price. Still new looking.
>>
>>34052113
Now that is news to me, where did you read that?
>>
>>34052015
Well, compared to the rest (Wachbatallion and Mil-Tec) At-the-Front has a relatively good quality. But if you're really into your hobby, I would let them custom made.
I only heard positive about this guy:
http://www.lederarsenal.com/en/
>>
>>34052015
>Jackboots for daily use
Seriously now?
>>
>>34055467
I would NEVER get German boots from ATF, Hessian, ect...all will immediately need a total resole on account of how badly the soles are built: bad quality leather, incorrect construction method, and aluminum hobnails/heel irons.

Only buy European made boots like Lederarsenal or Wehrmachtshoes.com
>>
>>34055597
I live out in the country and I work on a farm, it's not going to look that out of place.
>>
File: 1470614109725.jpg (127KB, 696x479px) Image search: [Google]
1470614109725.jpg
127KB, 696x479px
Wehrboo reenactors are some of the cringiest """people""" you will ever encounter
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.